No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another good one folks. I hope our 76 guests also enjoyed it.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And thus ends another post-a-thon. See you all later after I clean up the kitchen and watch more Hell on Wheels.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Another good one folks. I hope our 76 guests also enjoyed it.
        There are 91 guest right now, hello everyone!
        sigpic

Comment

And thus ends another crackalicious post-a-thon! Thanks to everyone who came out to join us today, and be sure to bring your scuba gear next week, because we're going underwater with Grace Under Pressure! Same Sparky-time, same Sparky-channel!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Geeze, we've got a lot of lurkers in here today!

Hai lurkers! Come on out and say hello, we have cookies!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

This really was another great post-a-thon to another great episode.
              sigpic

Comment

One of the (many) things I liked about Critical Mass was that at first they sort of teased the old cliche that Caldwell was actually villain (as in the guy they don't really get along with is also evil) but then swerved by revealing that he was actually a Goa'uld and was not a bad guy. This and The Long Goodbye were pretty big episodes for him in regarding becoming more a "one of them" on the team.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                  One of the (many) things I liked about Critical Mass was that at first they sort of teased the old cliche that Caldwell was actually villain (as in the guy they don't really get along with is also evil) but then swerved by revealing that he was actually a Goa'uld and was not a bad guy. This and The Long Goodbye were pretty big episodes for him in regarding becoming more a "one of them" on the team.
                  I agree, it was definitely after CM and TLG that Caldwell stopped being "that jerk who tried to flirt with Lizzeh and steal Shep's job" to me. He's finally had something weird and freaky happen to him. That more than anything signaled to me that he was in this for the long haul.

Comment

i always thought caldwell's personality in the early episodes was because of the snake he had in his head.

Comment

That's possible, but I think I figured that he was implanted shortly before Critical Mass happened and after his first appearance. I think it makes his character development a little more meaningful.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

That's possible, but I think I figured that he was implanted shortly before Critical Mass happened and after his first appearance. I think it makes his character development a little more meaningful.
                        Which leads to ask how the heck did a full bird colonel who was on daedalus most of the time implanted with a snake head by a trust operative? Did the operative infilitrate stargate command or what?

Comment

I agree. The Trust would likely pick someone who had regular access to Atlantis, but also high up enough to be able to have the kind of access that would get him into sensitive areas. The situation around the time of The Siege was fluid enough that they probably would have had to wait until after the brouhaha over who would take the reigns as the official military commander was sorted out. And even more time to find the right opportunity to grab Caldwell in order to implant him with his snake.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          Which leads to ask how the heck did a full bird colonel who was on daedalus most of the time implanted with a snake head by a trust operative? Did the operative infilitrate stargate command or what?
                          Not necessarily. He could've been jumped by Trust operatives at any point while he was on Earth but off-base between missions.

Comment

I see you peeps had another wonderful thon - I hope to be back for the next ones cause I have to admit I'm hungry for those dark side snarky cookies.

However, my time today was well spend as I managed to get my union/work stuff done, and I finally managed to post that Long Goodbye tag I wrote a month or so ago. If you want to check it out, I'll leave you the link under the cut. I shall have to warn you though - Sparky is implied but so is J/T as it is in the actual episode. However it's a conversation between Kate and Teyla... although Kate's doing most of the talking. Anyhoodle, it's here if you want to...

Spoiler:
                            Aftermath by Falcon Horus
                            Rating: General Audiences
                            Relationships: implied John/Teyla, implied John/Elizabeth
                            Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Teyla Emmagan
                            Summary: After the events of The Long Goodbye, Kate's being a friend to Teyla.
                            Note: the implied relationships are no more or less implied than they are in the actual episode
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I heard this song for the first after watching season four's lifeline and then after This Mortal coil aired as well and i thought that this would make a perfect sparky song.

it's called Please remember by LeAnn Rimes.

Spoiler:
                              Time, sometimes the time just slips away
                              And your left with yesterday
                              Left with the memories
                              I, I'll always think of you and smile
                              And be happy for the time
                              I had you with me
                              Though we go our seperate ways
                              I won't forget so don't forget
                              the memories we made

Please remember, please remember
                              I was there for you
                              and you were there for me
                              Please remember, our time together
                              The time was yours and mine
                              while we were wild and free
                              Please remember, please remember me

Goodbye, there's just no sadder word to say
                              And it's sad to walk away
                              with just the memories
                              Who's to know what might have been
                              We'll leave behind a life and time
                              I'll never know again

I was there for you
                              and you were there for me
                              And remember, Please remember me

I was there for you
                              And you were there for me
                              Please remember, our time together
                              The time was yours and mine
                              While we were wild and free
                              Then remember, please remember me

And how we laugh and how we smile
                              And how this heart was yours and mine
                              and how a dream was out of reach
                              I stood by you, you stood by me
                              We took each day and made it shine
                              We wrote our names across the sky
                              We ride so fast, we ride so free
                              And I knew that you had me

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! (and a Happy Labor Day to all of you in the US!)

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I see you peeps had another wonderful thon - I hope to be back for the next ones cause I have to admit I'm hungry for those dark side snarky cookies.
                                Who isn't hungry for Dark Side Snarky Cookies?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                However, my time today was well spend as I managed to get my union/work stuff done, and I finally managed to post that Long Goodbye tag I wrote a month or so ago. If you want to check it out, I'll leave you the link under the cut. I shall have to warn you though - Sparky is implied but so is J/T as it is in the actual episode. However it's a conversation between Kate and Teyla... although Kate's doing most of the talking. Anyhoodle, it's here if you want to...

Spoiler:
                                Aftermath by Falcon Horus
                                Rating: General Audiences
                                Relationships: implied John/Teyla, implied John/Elizabeth
                                Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Teyla Emmagan
                                Summary: After the events of The Long Goodbye, Kate's being a friend to Teyla.
                                Note: the implied relationships are no more or less implied than they are in the actual episode
                                Awww that's so cute! *pets Teyla* I always knew Kate had a little bit of the mischievous imp in her.

Comment

Working...
                                X