Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Thus ends another crackalicious post-a-thon! Thanks to everyone who was able to come out and join us today, and be sure to tune in next week for Sheppard's trip into hippie hell on "Epiphany." Same Sparky-time, same Sparky-channel!
    Yes, thank you everyone, and next week will be fun with Elizabeth being part of rescuing John for once. I must say that it would have been fun to have seen more episodes like it.
    sigpic

Comment

Have to bring this up before I totally forget again.

Since Elizabeth and John are in it and the entire episode takes place in Pegasus will we be watching SG-1's Pegasus Project as well when we get to next season?
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
        Yes, thank you everyone, and next week will be fun with Elizabeth being part of rescuing John for once. I must say that it would have been fun to have seen more episodes like it.
        Don't worry, we'll be taking care of that little oversight, too.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        Have to bring this up before I totally forget again.

Since Elizabeth and John are in it and the entire episode takes place in Pegasus will we be watching SG-1's Pegasus Project as well when we get to next season?
        Hmm, I think we're just shooting for a complete series rewatch of SGA. After all, we didn't watch SG-1's "Lost City" or "New Order" before SGA's "Rising."
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Hmm, I think we're just shooting for a complete series rewatch of SGA. After all, we didn't watch SG-1's "Lost City" or "New Order" before SGA's "Rising."
          No worries. It's just something I've been wondering about off and on. It won't bother me one way or the other. Just thought I should bring it up.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Squeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been touched by Sparky! Literally. hee
            sigpic
            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

So Irish Eyes and I are in the computer room here in the hotel. I can't believe it's over. I had an awesome time. I have some notes to put together later.

In short, Torri and Joe were awesome and beautiful and awesome. Everyone else was great too, of course. David Nykl is actually on my floor. But I'm not going to stalk him or anything. He likes shippers though and liked the idea of Radek/Elizabeth cause he mentioned it twice in his talk. I'll give the details later.

Torri was asked about Sparky and "eye sex" by a girl who couldn't be more than 13. I'm not going to tell you how she replied because I'm teasing you. It was a great answer. Stay tuned. (Do you hate me for making you wait? Bwaahahahaa!) We were waiting for her to ask Joe the same question but she didn't.

Joe shook my hand and I got to take 2 pictures cause I messed up the first one. He's all body heat. I thought I was warm, but he's worse than me. My drool bucket is full.

Ok gotta go. I'll talk to you all tomorrow from home

Comment

Well with falling skies on hiatus I'll be able to join you fine folks next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post

ZOMG! It's such a great feeling!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  So Irish Eyes and I are in the computer room here in the hotel. I can't believe it's over. I had an awesome time. I have some notes to put together later.

In short, Torri and Joe were awesome and beautiful and awesome. Everyone else was great too, of course. David Nykl is actually on my floor. But I'm not going to stalk him or anything. He likes shippers though and liked the idea of Radek/Elizabeth cause he mentioned it twice in his talk. I'll give the details later.

Torri was asked about Sparky and "eye sex" by a girl who couldn't be more than 13. I'm not going to tell you how she replied because I'm teasing you. It was a great answer. Stay tuned. (Do you hate me for making you wait? Bwaahahahaa!) We were waiting for her to ask Joe the same question but she didn't.

Joe shook my hand and I got to take 2 pictures cause I messed up the first one. He's all body heat. I thought I was warm, but he's worse than me. My drool bucket is full.

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you both had such a great time, and I am so looking forward to reading the trip reports!

And see, we weren't kidding about how warm Joe is.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yays! I'm so excited for you and can't wait for the details. A do-over is the best. I also told you he was warmer than warm. Now you know for yourself. I hope you got some sleep last night.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I imagine JT-2 and Irish Eyes are on their way home from Chicago now... Have a good trip ladies, and we'll see you when you get back. Try to get some sleep if you can!

Comment

It all sound amazing and I can’t wait to hear more about it when you get home.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning! We're getting ready to take off. JT is packing so I'm killing time. So much to tell! I'll have to get my thoughts together on the train ride home. I will say this is just an amazing experience and if you get the opportunity, DO IT. LOL Even with some of the not so nice things that happened (they always do), meeting all these people was so worth any hassle.

I can see how you would get hooked on going to these things. However, JT and I agree that probably the only way we would do another is if Joe and Torri were there and more of you guys went. If we had a posse at one of these things, that would be the most amazing thing ever. We need to make this happen!

pkprd - How was your trip home yesterday? Hope everything went fine. So glad you were here!!!

I'm curious as to what they've got planned for next year since it will be the only one. They wouldn't say except they had REALLY BIG plans for guests, but until they could get people signed, they didn't want to say. I suppose they're trying to get RDA. Can't get much bigger than that for this franchise. We'll have to start sending emails asking for Joe and Torri.

That's it for now. Hopefully my brain isn't too scrambled and I can remember all the good stuff. LOL
                          sigpic
                          sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Good morning! We're getting ready to take off. JT is packing so I'm killing time. So much to tell! I'll have to get my thoughts together on the train ride home. I will say this is just an amazing experience and if you get the opportunity, DO IT. LOL Even with some of the not so nice things that happened (they always do), meeting all these people was so worth any hassle.

I can see how you would get hooked on going to these things. However, JT and I agree that probably the only way we would do another is if Joe and Torri were there and more of you guys went. If we had a posse at one of these things, that would be the most amazing thing ever. We need to make this happen!

pkprd - How was your trip home yesterday? Hope everything went fine. So glad you were here!!!

I'm curious as to what they've got planned for next year since it will be the only one. They wouldn't say except they had REALLY BIG plans for guests, but until they could get people signed, they didn't want to say. I suppose they're trying to get RDA. Can't get much bigger than that for this franchise. We'll have to start sending emails asking for Joe and Torri.

That's it for now. Hopefully my brain isn't too scrambled and I can remember all the good stuff. LOL
                            If all that happens I'd be there and I think my friend who is here for a visit would come with me. We'll see what they have scheduled.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

So I recently had myself an idea. There have been several times in the past when I went back and looked at old SGA episodes in my DVD collection that I hadn't seen in a while and watched them again, now in a new light. Rising was probably the most fun because I picked up on so many things I never really noticed the first time I watched the show. And saw old things in new ways because I was more familiar with the characters now. But I realized that I don't think I've tried it with Torri's first episodes, before the SGA pilot.

So today I watched New Order, and I have to say it was also similarly fun.

Obviously it was pre Sheppard or McKay or Atlantis or anything SGA related, but it was still really interesting seeing her interact with Sam, Teal'c and Daniel. And basically seeing her in her SGA role but running the SGC instead. You can tell that she was being set up as an important character even before she got to star in her own show because it actually felt a little like this could have been the new show SG-1 was, if it had been the dynamic they wanted to go with.

The first episode was especially like that because O'Neill didn't appear at all so she seemed to have a larger role to fill the space. Weir didn't really get to interact a lot with SG-1 in Stargate Atlantis so this was a good reminder that she actuallys knows them all personally kind of well.

Spoiler:
                              Although to be honest, I couldn't decide whether a couple of things between Elizabeth and Carter were cool or eeire in retrospect.

I'd been thinking a lot about the early days of watching Stargate Atlantis lately, and this also really took me back thinking about it.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Yay, I'm so glad you had fun, and hope you're having a safe trip home!

SparkyCon 2013 -- the campaign begins now! I would totally love to go if they finally scheduled Torri and Joe on the same day (like they should have this year). A Sparky Posse summit would be AMAZING. We'd all have to get seats together and wear red shirts.

Definitely gonna be keeping an eye on who else makes the schedule for next year.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                                So I recently had myself an idea. There have been several times in the past when I went back and looked at old SGA episodes in my DVD collection that I hadn't seen in a while and watched them again, now in a new light. Rising was probably the most fun because I picked up on so many things I never really noticed the first time I watched the show. And saw old things in new ways because I was more familiar with the characters now. But I realized that I don't think I've tried it with Torri's first episodes, before the SGA pilot.

So today I watched New Order, and I have to say it was also similarly fun.

Obviously it was pre Sheppard or McKay or Atlantis or anything SGA related, but it was still really interesting seeing her interact with Sam, Teal'c and Daniel. And basically seeing her in her SGA role but running the SGC instead. You can tell that she was being set up as an important character even before she got to star in her own show because it actually felt a little like this could have been the new show SG-1 was, if it had been the dynamic they wanted to go with.

The first episode was especially like that because O'Neill didn't appear at all so she seemed to have a larger role to fill the space. Weir didn't really get to interact a lot with SG-1 in Stargate Atlantis so this was a good reminder that she actuallys knows them all personally kind of well.

Spoiler:
                                Although to be honest, I couldn't decide whether a couple of things between Elizabeth and Carter were cool or eeire in retrospect.

I'd been thinking a lot about the early days of watching Stargate Atlantis lately, and this also really took me back thinking about it.
                                That's a great point about New Order. In some ways, the setup is even more obvious with Lost City, as at that point, TPTW were still thinking that SG-1 was going to end with Season 7 and that SGA would basically take its place. The way that Daniel was practically singing Weir's praises as someone he admired and using her work as a model for SGC treaties really seemed, in retrospect, to imply that she would be not only a leader, but hinted that she would also have a similar explorer-diplomat alignment that Daniel developed throughout SG-1.

As for
                                Spoiler:
                                those things between Elizabeth and Carter, I always thought it was both cool and eerie.

Comment

Working...
                                X