No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Shep/Weir "ship" of any kind, be it leadership, friendship etc. As long they are together in some sense

Lovebar made by natz099
    My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
      I like Shep/Weir "ship" of any kind, be it leadership, friendship etc. As long they are together in some sense
      Agree with you thre!
      I think it's just this really good connection that Torri and Joe have on screen. I love both of them with DH, as well. The three of them are very funny together.
      Hey, Sapph! TWO SLEEPS!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
        Wonder what the actual height difference is between Torri and Joe..
        The cast doesn't look anywhere near as tall as the SG1 cast! Those guys (and Amanda!) are giants!
        As far as i know, Torri is around 1.77meter and Joe 1.83 meter...so difference would be only 6cm

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
          Not that Torri's anywhere near being short Maybe people in Canada are just taller than people over here!! Lol!!

And kingshell speaking of being shallow...

Shameless self promotion: I updated my fic Broken Circles

I think she's maybe about 5'6". Joe's probably around the 5'11" or 6 foot mark..

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
            As far as i know, Torri is around 1.77meter and Joe 1.83 meter...so difference would be only 6cm

So for those who go imperial instead of metric, that makes Torri 5 foot 10 I didn't think she was that tall! And Joe about 6 foot

Comment

I think she's maybe about 5'6". Joe's probably around the 5'11" or 6 foot mark..

No way...she's gotta be taller than that?? But then again I don't work well in feet...

Oooh just noticed this

So for those who go imperial instead of metric, that makes Torri 5 foot 10 I didn't think she was that tall! And Joe about 6 foot
              That makes more sense to me

And that makes TOTAL sense to me!! Yeah I figure she'd be about 10cm taller than me...

Agree with you thre!
              I think it's just this really good connection that Torri and Joe have on screen. I love both of them with DH, as well. The three of them are very funny together.
              Yeah I agree I just love them both on screen together - their presence is just so..."we lead here and no one can mess with us" and David Hewlett just seems to bring more of that element along...

Those three together are great!

And NO not in THAT way for all of u with minds in the gutter

Comment

I think it 5'11' and 6'1'' but yeah. Way tall.

Visit the stargate_pad LJ community; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom.

Comment

Not that Torri's anywhere near being short Maybe people in Canada are just taller than people over here!! Lol!!

Have read it! Nicely written story from you, as always!

Comment

Nice fic! I am obviously not thinking at the moment, cause I never made the connection that it was YOU who wrote it! Heh! *slaps forehead*

Comment

Oh, sorry, forgot, that not anyone counts in Meters-Centimeters.

I thought that Torri was as tall as me (5'5) and Rachel much more smaller, but when I found out, that Rachel was as tall as me I was astonished

Paul is only a cm taller than Torri

Comment

Oh, sorry, forgot, that not anyone counts in Meters-Centimeters.

I thought that Torri was as tall as me (5'5) and Rachel much more smaller, but when I found out, that Rachel was as tall as me I was astonished

Paul is only a cm taller than Torri
                        Wow! As far as I'm concerned, they're both tall girls! I'm 157cms...
                        Yep. Short!

Comment

Wow! As far as I'm concerned, they're both tall girls! I'm 157cms...
                          Yep. Short!
                          Ur almost at 1000 posts

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                          There was a lot of talk that Conversion was this strongly Sheppard/Teyla moment but honestly, that was only a few minutes in an episode of 42 plus minutes.
                          You know wats funny? I was watching that ep the other night and I'd completely forgotten about that scene lol...

There's just so much wonderful Sheppard/Weir stuff in that episode (talking friendSHIP here). I loved how angry she got at Caldwell for trying to take over Sheppard's job - it just shows how much she trusts Sheppard. I mean in all seriousness - he's underqualified and had no idea what he was doing when he was thrown into that position...

Yet she'll take him over a properly trained Colonel - and sticks up for him the moment Caldwell steps out of (what she deemds to be) his place.

Comment

Good posts Bama and Southern Red. I'd give you green if I could.

I think it's great that the John/Elizabeth relationship is the kind that can give us a lot of different topics to discuss. We've had everything here from leadership, to friendship, to military matters, to accents and their origins to the occasional funny (and sometimes naughty) caps. We can go from serious to silly and back, making this a fun thread to visit. We've had opinions from those that prefer a friendship-only relationship and those would like these two to go beyond that and in the process we've had each side present arguments and thoughts that have broadened one's view on our un-couple.

Serious and in-depth discussions are wonderful (I know I enjoy reading such on the Grissom/Sara forums) but once in a while it feels good to give them a break and enter the realm of silliness Sometimes, as Bama pointed out, you don't feel like going so deep and prefer something lighter instead. It's the same with the silliness. At times it's cute and refreshing but too much of it and the thread becomes more of a joke rather than a good place for healthy discussions. What I like about this thread is that there is a good balance of both.

I understand the concern of having one part of the ship being brought on a pedestal while the other is left somewhere lower with smaller amounts of respect. However, I haven't seen that to be the case here. We are fans of both Weir and Sheppard who respect and love the characters.
                            I find them as equals who are both worthy of each other's love and who can help bring out the best (and sometimes worst) in each other. They're both strong, interesting individuals but together they're a beautiful combination in every sense. I'll also go with the cheesy line that yes, they complete each other. Each pushes the other to mentally and emotinally go to places where they would never consider going and becoming a stronger person because of it. They're teaching each other and learning from each other at the same times. They're both a teacher and pupil. In the end they focus that knowledge towards the wellbeing of the city and its inhabitants. They need each other like Atlantis needs them.

I've seen interesting discussions going on here sometimes about Weir and other times about Sheppard that made me wonder a little of whether they belonged here or in the characters individual Appreciation and Discussion threads. We barely have anything on their pasts and yet there have thoughts and talk about them as if we already know more. It has helped in giving reasons why they would work together, why they make a good team. The analysis of each has been plentiful and rich but happening at different times and because this thread is so busy every day, sometimes one could lose track of what has been said, hence the repeat of topics already discussed many times before.

I'd like to think we've treated both characters with the equal amount of respect and Id love for that to continue. Good bunch you all are!

I like reading views from both sides. So please continue giving your thoughts. This thread is pretty tolerant and opened to ideas about these two and it's another quality I like about it.

Comment

There's just so much wonderful Sheppard/Weir stuff in that episode (talking friendSHIP here). I loved how angry she got at Caldwell for trying to take over Sheppard's job - it just shows how much she trusts Sheppard. I mean in all seriousness - he's underqualified and had no idea what he was doing when he was thrown into that position...

Yet she'll take him over a properly trained Colonel - and sticks up for him the moment Caldwell steps out of (what she deemds to be) his place.
                              I thought that was a really interesting scene in Conversion.
                              Spoiler:
                              Sheppard really wasn't qualified to take on the role that he currently has, but he's grown into it. Weir's scene with Caldwell is a good one, because it reminds us that Sheppard is more than just the guy who goes offworld. Having Caldwell try to change security protocols or rearrange the offworld teams reminds us of Sheppard's responsibilities in Atlantis. I wonder if, now that Caldwell's suggested the changes, and we know that Elizabeth agrees with at least some of them, she'll approach John about making them. That would be an interesting scene.

We don't really get to see Sheppard as military commander when there isn't a crisis situation. We've seen him offworld and we've seen him deal with immediate threats on Atlantis, so it's good to have a reminder that there is more to what he does. Scenes like the one above emphasize his leadership in Atlantis (not that we, in here, need any reminder, 'cause as Jor says, "It's all about leadership" ).

Y'know - I started this off with an actual direction, but I got lost somewhere along the way.
                              ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                              The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Quite frankly, she was in pretty much the same position herself. Let's face it, they were both winging it really... Well, they had to. No amount of training could really prepare anyone for what befell them. I'm reluctant to use the parenting analogy here in case it's misconstrued but I think it fits. Or the driving analogy... the only way to learn how to drive is to do it. That's what they both had to do... get behind the wheel of a brake-less 4WD and take control. Going through that together was a very important foundation for the respect that they eventually had for each other. That's what I like about their relationship most of all. It's not sexual... just your everyday, run-of-the-mill hard earned friendship.

Qualification isn't always as important as trust... Qualification can bought but trust has to be earned... Trust is an emotional investment and that is much harder to give up. I don't think Caldwell has quite cottoned on to it yet.
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X