No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlin, that was a good idea bringing up that point. I must admit I post in the JF thunk thread the most often, 'cos I loves Joe/Shep to bits! I'm a shipper to though and I love all the discussions that go on here, I should post more really. Just a lack of time and I like to support Joe the most I suppose!

They do seem to be taking their time in giving us some back-story on Shep, but that has been a bit interesting in it's own way, because it has made him a rather mysterious character. I'm drawn to those!! 'Epiphany' sounds like it's going to give us plenty to discuss though. Joe did say in some interview, somewhere or other, that he was really psyched up for it before filming, so, to me, that sounds like it could be rather 'meaty'!

I've grown more fond of Weir as the show has progressed. I could take or leave her at the beginning, but I thought she was great in 'Intruder' (the episode we're up to here in the UK) and I want more!!

Not happy about Sam doing some Atlantis episodes really. (She's a lovely gal an' all, but she belongs with SG1). Maybe 1 or 2 is OK...but I like my 'Lantis as it is...why 'fiddle' with it? There's a poll on the homepage of Gateworld re:this...let's all put in our votes!!

LEAVE IT ALONE TPTB.... please!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
      Not happy about Sam doing some Atlantis episodes really. (She's a lovely gal an' all, but she belongs with SG1). Maybe 1 or 2 is OK...but I like my 'Lantis as it is...why 'fiddle' with it? There's a poll on the homepage of Gateworld re:this...let's all put in our votes!!
      Hey, yeah, good. Mallozzi and some of the other PTBs are involved with this site, they'll surely notice that, right? I think with 80% saying mostly/only SG-1 ought to be a clear message. (I voted for the mostly SG-1 / handful Atlantis option. )

a time to mourn

Comment

Hey, only 14 hours away and I already have to read through 5 Pages

@Jenova: Wilkommen hier bei uns, und mach dir keine Sorgen wegen dem English, meins is schlechter als deins aber die Leute sehen gerne drüber hinweg *freu* ein shipper mehr Bist du in irgendwelchen deutschsprachigen Foren/Rollenspielen?

Sorry for the other who don't understand german...wont happen again

I just found out, that I don't have to wait till January with the new Episodes...cuz a friend of mine is exactly in Canada for a year working on a ranch *squeeee*
        Last edited by Dorka; 02 November 2005, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka

I just found out, that I don't have to wait till January with the new Episodes...cuz a friend of mine is exactly in Canada for a year working on a ranch *squeeee*
          isnt that cool... i think that it is great that we dont have to wait for the US, and i think that its great that Canada is airing them first.... i am really looking forward to the j/l sip in the 2nd half of this season... TLG and Epiphany...
          ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
            Well..I know you guys all hope for them to be together hence the SHIPPER aspect, which I fully understand. I just don't see them becoming anything more than what they are but would enjoy discussing that aspect of them. As for Anti shep..maybe that was too harsh a choice of words. But I don't see alot of discussion of Shep really, I see more Shep as an afterthought and alot of Weir, which..I admit...I'm not that in to her.

Dont' get me wrong. I've read your fics and loved them, even though I don't see them that way. There's some really excellent Shep/Weir fics from alot of you guys.

I guess being A shepaholic I see alot of developement from him this season. It's, obviously not as out there since we've not had an actual SHEP ep to give us anything. I think TPTB are doing that on purpose, keeping Shep mysterious and UNKNOWN for the time being. I do think Epiphany will tell us alot, but I already feel like I know Shep in alot of ways. Admittedly thanks to JOE. It's all because of HOW he plays Shep rather than what the writers give us. :art of why I really don't want Sam on SGA at all. We don't get enough Shep focus/background as is and with Sam we'd get the Rodney/Sam hour then where would Shep or Weir be?:: But that's for another thread.

Thanks for inviting my contributions on Shep...I'll think about trying to post my thoughts. Just still not sure this is really the place for my take on Shep and Shep/Weir. But thankee....
            You should definitely stay around here. I'm a Shepaholic, too! I've posted on the Shep thread quite a few times, just not as often as I do here, or on the Torri threads.
            I love that Joe's the family man, and the quiet guy in the cast. That really makes me admire him!
            And I love Shep for his humour. Not quite as irreverent as Jack, but just as funny!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
              You should definitely stay around here. I'm a Shepaholic, too! I've posted on the Shep thread quite a few times, just not as often as I do here, or on the Torri threads.
              I love that Joe's the family man, and the quiet guy in the cast. That really makes me admire him!
              And I love Shep for his humour. Not quite as irreverent as Jack, but just as funny!
              i know what you are talking about... i lurk alot in the shep threads.... i like it to that he is the family man (go the interview, where his wife called him, that was sooo cute... )

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                isnt that cool... i think that it is great that we dont have to wait for the US, and i think that its great that Canada is airing them first.... i am really looking forward to the j/l sip in the 2nd half of this season... TLG and Epiphany...
                Oh, yeah, me too...especially TLG...even when that episode will air only in January...

Hm, next week or so we should get some new episode-pictures before airing I hope!

Comment

i know what you are talking about... i lurk alot in the shep threads.... i like it to that he is the family man (go the interview, where his wife called him, that was sooo cute... )
                  He's too cute, isn't he? I love that about him.
                  What really is cool about him is that unlike all those other actors who get a job in Vancouver and leave the family in LA, he moved them with him. That says a lot about the type of person he is. I think some of them see it as an excuse to get up to whatever they want during the week, and then play family man on the weekend. He's with them all the time, and that's so important, especially when the kids are as young as his are.

Comment

Oh, yes, I adore Joe/Shep too... we nearly have birthday on the same day, so we are mabye a bit related/similar

I tried to post/read in the shep/weir thread too but they have even more action there than this thread, so I'm giving up every time

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                      He's too cute, isn't he? I love that about him.
                      What really is cool about him is that unlike all those other actors who get a job in Vancouver and leave the family in LA, he moved them with him. That says a lot about the type of person he is. I think some of them see it as an excuse to get up to whatever they want during the week, and then play family man on the weekend. He's with them all the time, and that's so important, especially when the kids are as young as his are.
                      i didnt know that he moved the family with him, but that is great.... and yes he is sooooooooo too cute for his own good... the prepetual bed hair, boyish grim, great body.... i am so evious of Torri, she gets to work with him closely....

Comment

i didnt know that he moved the family with him, but that is great.... and yes he is sooooooooo too cute for his own good... the prepetual bed hair, boyish grim, great body.... i am so evious of Torri, she gets to work with him closely....

I didn't know that too...I think most of the actors don't want to take their children away from School/kindergarden/friends but I mean he signed for 6 years so not too much a problem! (I changed school 4 times in 6 years so!)

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
                          I didn't know that too...I think most of the actors don't want to take their children away from School/kindergarden/friends but I mean he signed for 6 years so not too much a problem! (I changed school 4 times in 6 years so!)
                          thats cool... only changed twice once inprimary school and then in high school i moved to france... and then there is torri... 37 moves by the age of 13 OMG

Comment

Yeah! He did! He picks his son up from school and everything...
                            Yes, I also envy Torri because she gets to work with him! Not only is she incredibly cool, but she gets to hang with JF!

Comment

thats cool... only changed twice once inprimary school and then in high school i moved to france... and then there is torri... 37 moves by the age of 13 OMG
                              Oh, with everything I've already been to 11 schools and in January it will be 12 (I'm 19 by the way ). I went to school in Hungary too, but only for 2 month's so I don't really count that.

Edit: Well I cant really imagin how it is to move 37 times in 13 years! I moved only twice (only the schools changed so often )

Comment

Ooooh! I'm closing in on 1000 posts... nearly there.
                                I might actually do it tonight! it's too hot to sleep. 10.10pm, and still 30 degrees. (so much for the cool change)
                                Time for shep/weir, cold drink and flake! (that's flake of the chocolate variety, although flake of the shark variety is mighty fine with chips!)

Comment

Working...
                                X