Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Oh yeah, I did write that one, but it's a lot crackier than yours.
    Yes, it is, but it's still good!

Have a safe trip home. We'll keep the light on for you.
    And we'll have various frozen drinks ready.

Another close call and Sparky kisses. Works for me.

Now I have to go back to looping the trailer for 6 Bullets. Shirtless Joe wearing the blue plaid shirt of yum, woobie faces all over the place and pithy dialogue oh my.

You can see it here.
    Yes, yes, yes!!! I saw that on my iPod but I wanted to see it on my laptop. I actually think I retweeted it and said, "Plus, shirtless JoeF!" or something to that effect.

And thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Yes, it is, but it's still good!

And we'll have various frozen drinks ready.

Yes, yes, yes!!! I saw that on my iPod but I wanted to see it on my laptop. I actually think I retweeted it and said, "Plus, shirtless JoeF!" or something to that effect.

And thank you.
      IKR. I'm thinking about going in Mr. SR's office and watching it on the big monitor...guh. Shirtless aside, I think he is going to be really good in this. Angry, intense Joe is a joy to behold.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hi everyone and happy Thursday. I wasn’t here yesterday because it was the Swedish National Day and I was out having dinner and then we went to see “Dark Shadows” which is a great movie and of course Johnny Depp is always good so maybe it wasn’t such a surprise.
        Now I’m going to take the evening to read though all of the fic updates and stories posted.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
          Hey kids I'm comin' home on Saturday. School hols are too short, hey ho I've got a long dig in the Summer hols. Sometimes it sucks to be a teacher.

Anywho it means I can talk Sparky longer and people don't think I'm insane!
          Have a safe trip home, and we'll save you some cake!

I'm expecting a lot of chocolate for this one!
          Oh. My. God. *flails like mad*

THEY'RE OKAY!!! THEY KISSED!!! SPARKY WINS AGAIN!!! *runs around in circles some more and shoves a big ass bar of chocolate at ShipperWriter*

Yeah, I'm just so easy.

Now I have to go back to looping the trailer for 6 Bullets. Shirtless Joe wearing the blue plaid shirt of yum, woobie faces all over the place and pithy dialogue oh my.

You can see it here.
          And just when I got done flailing over SW's newest chapter... GUH! *falls over, drooling*

IKR. I'm thinking about going in Mr. SR's office and watching it on the big monitor...guh. Shirtless aside, I think he is going to be really good in this. Angry, intense Joe is a joy to behold.
          Joe does angry so very well. *fans self* Is it getting hot in here?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Jealous. The biggest I have is my 13" laptop screen. And I agree. I think this is gonna be a great role for Joe, and hopefully more people will discover how great of an actor he is.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
            Hi everyone and happy Thursday. I wasn’t here yesterday because it was the Swedish National Day and I was out having dinner and then we went to see “Dark Shadows” which is a great movie and of course Johnny Depp is always good so maybe it wasn’t such a surprise.
            Now I’m going to take the evening to read though all of the fic updates and stories posted.
            There are alot, but all good reads! We'll be here. I feel a party coming on.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Oh. My. God. *flails like mad*

THEY'RE OKAY!!! THEY KISSED!!! SPARKY WINS AGAIN!!! *runs around in circles some more and shoves a big ass bar of chocolate at ShipperWriter*

Yeah, I'm just so easy.
            Yeah, but we love you for it! *gladly accepts "big ass bar of chocolate"* Thank you!

And just when I got done flailing over SW's newest chapter... GUH! *falls over, drooling*

Joe does angry so very well. *fans self* Is it getting hot in here?
            Yes, and the intense humidity here in Florida from the thunderstorm marathon is not helping anything.

No. I refuse.

Comment

My laptop broke down... ...like all the bad luck chooses now to come bug me! I NEED THE BLOODY THING FOR MY EXAM! *sigh*

Luckily for me, I'll be having a new one on Saturday morning - take that bad luck!
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                My laptop broke down... ...like all the bad luck chooses now to come bug me! I NEED THE BLOODY THING FOR MY EXAM! *sigh*

Luckily for me, I'll be having a new one on Saturday morning - take that bad luck!
                *hugs*

I'm glad you'll have a new laptop in time. Timing is just perfect, sometimes. *sets out saucer of sugar for the Lemming*

EDIT: And I've already written four more pages of fic this afternoon. I'm on a roll!!!

Comment

Yeah, but we love you for it! *gladly accepts "big ass bar of chocolate"* Thank you!
                  Heehee!

Yes, and the intense humidity here in Florida from the thunderstorm marathon is not helping anything.

No. I refuse.

My frappuccino is cooling me down... a little.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Oh crap! But at least you'll have a new laptop in time for the exam, the timing couldn't be better. *lights a smudge stick to ward off the bad luck demons*
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Heehee!

My frappuccino is cooling me down... a little.
                    I went shopping tonight for paint, painting supplies, new bathroom decor, etc ... the local Target just opened a Starbucks, so I enjoyed my iced vanilla coffee tonight. I iz a happy girl.

Bought a new portable hard drive, so I'm gonna disappear for a few minutes, back up everything on my laptop and netbook, and then finish that next chapter.

*zips out*

EDIT: Or not. Just opened my hard drive to find that the manual is missing, and the wrapping around the USB cord is already broken open. It's not even registering in my Computer directory. Someone bought it, used it or did something to it, then returned it to the store.

So. Back to fic.

Comment

I went shopping tonight for paint, painting supplies, new bathroom decor, etc ... the local Target just opened a Starbucks, so I enjoyed my iced vanilla coffee tonight. I iz a happy girl.
                      Whee! My local Target has a Starbucks as well. So. Yummy.

Bought a new portable hard drive, so I'm gonna disappear for a few minutes, back up everything on my laptop and netbook, and then finish that next chapter.

*zips out*

EDIT: Or not. Just opened my hard drive to find that the manual is missing, and the wrapping around the USB cord is already broken open. It's not even registering in my Computer directory. Someone bought it, used it or did something to it, then returned it to the store.

So. Back to fic.
                      GRR! That is so rude! I hope the pinhead who did that gets some nasty karma in return!

Oh well, at least there's always fic until you can get back to the store and do a return/exchange. And get another iced vanilla coffee.

Comment

Whee! My local Target has a Starbucks as well. So. Yummy.

GRR! That is so rude! I hope the pinhead who did that gets some nasty karma in return!

Oh well, at least there's always fic until you can get back to the store and do a return/exchange. And get another iced vanilla coffee.
                        Fic is great. Except for when the fic bunnies pop in unexpectedly when you're doing so well on your own, and they hijack your fic. As they just did with mine.

*Guys, that last part isn't supposed to be done until the last chapter! I can't use it now!*

Ugh. I've gotta go fix this. It's turning into a bit of a Han/Leia moment, if you catch my drift.

Comment

Chapter 18. *shakes head* At this rate, I may be done with the story by the morning!

Just kidding.

Spoiler:
                          Coming into the room where the Stargate was located in Atlantis, Kerrak barely had time to admire the Ancestors’ handiwork before his wife was lowered onto a mobile bed, and a man with dark hair and a different voice than the others stood right next to her.

“Hullo there,” he called out as he pulled a device out of his pocket. “I’m Doctor Beckett. Any other injuries than the gunshot wound?”

“No,” Tharon breathed out as she lay back on the bed.

The doctor turned and regarded Kerrak with a look of concern. “You must be her husband.”

Kerrak nodded. “Will she be all right?”

“Well, it doesn’t appear that the bullet hit any major arteries or vital organs. Once we get her to the infirmary and under a scanner, I will know for sure, but I think Miss Tharon will live to fight another day.” He gave a reassuring smile, then motioned for Kerrak to follow them.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As John and Elizabeth reappeared on the Atlantis side of the wormhole, they saw the medical team heading down the ramp on the left side of the stairs leading to the control room. They briskly walked up the stairs and made their way over to Evan Lorne. “Major. How are things?”

“Amazingly normal, for once,” he commented with a slight smile, handing her the tablet he had been holding.

She accepted it and looked over it quickly.

Feeling Lorne’s blue eyes on her, she looked up. “Major?”

He frowned in concern. “Ma’am? What happened to your head?”

“Ask Colonel Sheppard.”

“Sir,” he asked, addressing John, “what happened over there?”

“Well, after Tharon told the Council her decision this morning, one of the members decided to stage a coup d’etat. They got into her office and she accidentally got shot in the shoulder. Of course, as luck would have it, that was the exact moment that Ronan and Teyla showed up.”

“We were very fortunate in that regards,” Teyla remarked, joining the group after walking up the back stairwell with Ronan.

John nodded at them. “Yeah. Nice timing. Thanks.”

Ronan shrugged. “It’s what we do.”

Elizabeth leaned a little closer to John. “It’s official. He’s spending too much time with you.”

“You make it sound like it’s such a bad thing.” He added a wink, just for good measure.

“I’m surprised that you didn’t go to the infirmary first thing when you got back, ma’am. Doctor Beckett will have a cardiac when he sees that.”

“Doctor Weir, Colonel Sheppard, please respond.”

Elizabeth chuckled. “He has impeccable timing.” She clicked her earpiece. “Go ahead, Carson.”

“Would ya mind coming to the infirmary? I have something to share with you.”

She looked back up at John, a worried expression on her face. “On our way.” Nodding at Lorne, she and John descended down the back stairwell, heading for the nearest lift.

Once they got inside, and the doors closed to prying eyes, she turned to face John. “Before we leave here, there’s something I need to know.”

John tilted his head in confusion. “Okay,” he said slowly.

“When Cynara’s men broke the door down, and there was a gun pointed at me, did you hesitate?”

He frowned. “What do you mean?”

“Did you have to decide whether to protect me, or to protect Tharon? Or did you follow your instincts?”

He shrugged nonchalantly. “I followed my instincts.”

Elizabeth slowly nodded, then turned around, content with his answer. “Good.”

“However,” John interjected, raising a finger, “my instincts are to protect you.”

He kissed her cheek, and the transporter doors opened to a gaping Elizabeth.

She turned around to skewer him with a glare, but he held his arm out like a gentleman. “My lady.”

Elizabeth couldn’t hold in a chuckle, but instead of laying her hand on his arm, she reached for his hand.

They let go as they walked into the infirmary. Elizabeth walked up to Carson, sitting at a desk and leaning on his elbow. “How is she?”

Carson sighed. “The gunshot wound was clean. It didn’t hit any major arteries, so it was easy to take care of. However, I found something else when I put her under the scanner.”

Elizabeth leaned over his shoulder, and John walked up behind her, hunching over. “Is that what I think it is?” she asked in amazement.

“If you’re thinking it’s a fetus, you’re correct. According to my scans, Tharon is approximately eight weeks pregnant.”

Elizabeth raised her head and looked at John. “That would explain why she ran out of the dining room so suddenly.”

“And why she didn’t have any of the rat’s sin at the party,” John added.

Elizabeth tilted her head, an amused smile appearing. “Raa’zin, John.”

He smirked. “I knew that.”

“Fortunately, the baby seems to be okay,” Carson replied as he turned around in his chair. And without missing a beat, he said, “Bloody hell, Elizabeth. What happened to you?”

“I fell and hit my head during the skirmish.”

“And you didn’t come to see me? I’m wounded, Elizabeth,” he replied with a slight lilt in his voice.

At that moment, Rodney came around the corner. “Hey, I heard about what happened from Teyla,” he said, pointing a thumb down the hallway behind him. “How’s everybody?”

“We’re all fine,” Elizabeth answered as she got up onto a bed.

“So your, you know, head is okay?” he asked in his usual awkward manner, pointing at his own forehead.

“Yes, I am fine, and no, you are not in command of the city.”

Elizabeth could’ve sworn that he pouted slightly. After a moment, he seemed satisfied with the answers and left, mumbling something as he fell out of earshot.

John hovered by the wall as Carson ran his scans and asked Elizabeth questions to ascertain if she had a concussion, or just a nasty bump. His arms were crossed, and his face was dark with worry, but his eyes still shone with affection, and when Carson declared that it was just a bump and dressed it accordingly, he allowed himself to smile.

Elizabeth hopped off the bed and peeked her head around the corner. “Have you told Tharon yet?”

“No. I actually thought it might be better if it came from you.”

Elizabeth felt a little ridiculous at the suggestion. “Me? Why?”

“You have a working relationship with her. And she was very worried about you when she came in. She might like to see that you’re okay.”

Elizabeth knew she could argue her way out if she wanted to, but at the moment, she was too tired to do so. She nodded at Carson, then glanced at John. “Are you coming?”

“Yeah,” he replied instantly.

They walked through the infirmary to an area that had been sectioned off by a curtain. Elizabeth pulled it back slightly and peeked her head through. “Tharon. How are you feeling?”

“Good! Please, come in.”

She drew the sheet back and allowed room for herself and John to walk a little closer to the bed. Kerrak sat in a chair on her left, holding her hand and looking as though he were about to drift off to sleep himself.

After everything that had happened over the course of the morning, Elizabeth didn’t blame him.

“How is your head?”

Elizabeth unconsciously reached up to the bandage covering the cut. “It’s just a cut. Nothing too serious.”

“That is good news.”

Elizabeth looked down at her feet, gripping the end of the hospital bed. “Our doctor, Carson, found something else when he was running some scans.”

Tharon frowned. “What is it? Is it serious?”

Elizabeth cocked her head to the side, and laughed slightly. “Well, it is life-changing. You’re pregnant, Tharon.”

Tharon blinked at her, no expression on her face, then leaned forward, as if she hadn’t heard her the first time. “I’m sorry. What did you say?”

“During his scans, Doctor Beckett discovered that you’re eight weeks pregnant. Which would explain the vomiting and the queasiness you’ve been experiencing.”

Tharon raised her head, eyes wide in shock. “You knew about that?”

Elizabeth nodded. “I had my suspicions. Knowing this makes everything fall in place.”

John raised an eyebrow. “You had no idea you were pregnant?”

Tharon shrugged, then looked sideways at Kerrak. “As Elizabeth said, I had my suspicions, but we have no definitive way to know if we are carrying a child until …”

“Until you get big?” John asked, smiling.

Tharon laughed. “For lack of a better word, yes.”

“Perhaps in addition to the weather radar system, Doctor Beckett can arrange for some pregnancy tests to be sent to Fa’tor. Normally, they can detect a pregnancy within the first few weeks that you begin to suspect.”

Kerrak looked confused. “You’re still willing to help us?”

Elizabeth smiled. “Of course! Why wouldn’t we?”

“Well, after what Cynara did, I suppose we assumed you would think us an unstable ally.”

At that moment, Elizabeth realized that during the course of most of their conversation, Kerrak had been the one to answer questions about their relationship and pose some of his own. Tharon looked on with pride, but her eyes kept drifting to her abdomen, mindful of the small life growing there that she was now responsible for.

It seemed that Tharon was making the transition at just the right time.

She dismissed Kerrak’s worry with a wave of her hand. “Governments go through upheaval all the time. The actions of one with a small crowd of supporters is not normally indicative of the entire population. We would be privileged to keep in touch and continue the relationship that we have formed.”

“As long as we still get some epso beans,” John added for good measure.

The laughter helped to dissolve some of the tension, and John and Elizabeth left to let the couple handle their news. They began walking absentmindedly through the corridors, slowly keeping in pace with each other.

“What do you think will happen now?” John asked, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

“I don’t know. It’s possible the rest of the Fa’torians will accept the change.”

“Do you think they will?”

Elizabeth sighed and stopped walking. “It can be very hard for someone to adapt to a change, especially if it’s one they do not agree with. But over time, it can become easier to deal with.”

John nodded, then started walking again, bringing up the look on Rodney’s face when he realized one of the appetizers at the celebratory dinner was garnished with some type of citrus.

Elizabeth allowed herself to laugh, but couldn’t help but wonder if John had understood that she wasn’t talking about just the Fa’torians.

Okay. I'm gonna finish the rest of the chapter, then it's time for me to get some shut-eye.

Comment

I'm expecting a lot of chocolate for this one!

Enjoy!

Chapter 17:
                            Spoiler:
                            John didn’t have the chance to finish his sentence as the disgruntled villagers finally decided to kick in the door leading into Tharon’s office. The prime minister and her husband rose from their seats behind the desk, seemingly outraged. “What is the meaning of this?” Tharon demanded, her eyes sweeping over the crowd.

A woman stepped in between the two men standing at the front of the crowd, firmly holding their rudimentary guns that looked like muskets. “You dare defy the traditions that have been obeyed by our people for centuries, and you have the nerve to ask what we’re doing?”

Next to him, Elizabeth bristled. “Cynara.”

John’s eyes quickly looked to her for an explanation, but before one could be given, Cynara had already walked around the length of the desk. Kerrak moved protectively in front of his wife as the shorter woman sneered at them.

“I should have known it was you,” Tharon admitted harshly. “Who would ask new allies for defensive training in exchange for espo beans?”

The petite woman shook her head in condescension. “So ignorant. Just another reason why you are no longer fit to rule our people. You will come with us,” Cynara ordered, nodding at another woman from the crowd who came around with a rope in her hands. “And you will be found guilty of treason and executed.”

“Oh crap,” John muttered in a voice just low enough for Elizabeth to hear.

She looked up at him. Her green eyes flashed in defiance at him, and John started to worry. What did she have up her sleeve?

“Cynara, you do not want to do this,” Elizabeth spoke up, causing the crowd to avert their gaze and look at her. Unfortunately, this also included the two men at the front who were still holding their guns.

“You’re right, Doctor Weir. I have absolutely no desire to see one of my dearest friends put to death. But her decision to turn control of our people over to that -- that puny man -- is unacceptable, and it goes against the highest law of our people.”

“But laws are forever changing! You can’t stand here and tell me that there isn’t one law in the history of your people that wasn’t reformed, to the benefit of your people.”

The group seemed to turn to each other and consider this, but Cynara wasn’t to be deterred. “It makes no difference what happened amongst our people generations ago! What matters is here and now! The genders will never be equal, and that is a universal truth!”

John was starting to get anxious. But just as he began to calculate a plan to overtake the two men with guns, Elizabeth shook her head and -- laughed?

“Do you want to know the irony? One hundred years ago, on our homeworld, men said the same thing.”

That threw everyone for a loop, including Cynara, whose eyebrows were raised in startled curiosity.

“For the thousands of years that humans have existed on our planet, men were the dominant species. Women only gained the right to vote, to bear arms, to earn equal wages in the past century. But it never would have happened if not for a small group of women to decide it wasn’t fair, and the law needed to change.” Elizabeth lifted her hand, motioning at Tharon. “She’s the one who decided to stand up and make a change. But don’t think for a second that she hasn’t questioned this. I mean, would you want to be the one to front a reform that you weren’t positive if it would succeed or not?”

John found himself nodding along, then shook his head. Damn, she was good.

“The only way that you’re going to find out if it will succeed or not is to let it happen. And it’s entirely possible that you might decide to revert back to your customs. But you have to at least try. What’s the harm in that?”

Cynara had walked closer to Elizabeth as she spoke, so that when she finished her speech, the rebel rouser was standing in the middle of a straight line between himself and Elizabeth, and Kerrak and Tharon. Cynara looked as though she were sincerely contemplating the words that Elizabeth had spoken. “You’re right. You are right. This might work out to our benefit, or it might not.”

Then she turned and gave Elizabeth such a hard glare that the hairs on the back of his neck were standing up. It reminded him of Cruella DeVil. “And it’s entirely possible that without your meddling influence, things might have stayed the way they were.” She quickly nodded to the men in front. “Shoot her.”

“Cynara, don’t--” Tharon pleaded as the gunman took aim.

“Shut up! This is on your shoulders, Tharon!”

John’s instinctive reflexes kicked into action, and he rushed the gunman to grab his arms, trying to push the gun upwards and wrestle it away from him.

Then the gun went off, and a distinctly feminine voice let out a agonizing scream.

That did it. John turned to the man, who was now appearing shell-shocked, and punched him in the face. He dropped to the ground like a deadweight.

He grabbed the gun and pointed it at the rest of the villagers, but couldn’t avert his eyes to see who was on the ground.

Suddenly, the familiar sound of boots clamoring against the stone floor echoed into the room, and John was relieved at seeing the familiar brown dreadlocks as Ronan and Teyla entered the office, P-90s pointed at everyone.

John met Teyla’s eyes first. “Are you all right?”

“Yeah,” he panted. “I’m fine.”

The Athosian nodded, then her brown eyes descended to the floor behind him. “Oh, no.”

John snapped and whirled around, dropping to his knees when he saw Elizabeth sprawled out on the floor. He laid the shotgun down and grabbed ahold of her shoulders, trying to rouse her. “’Lizabeth!” he yelled, panicking as he searched the length of her body of any signs of a gunshot wound.

She moaned, then whispered, “Ow.”

“Can you move?”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine,” she said as she rolled herself over. A cut on her right forehead was the only injury that he had seen so far, but he wouldn’t stop worrying until he had checked her out completely. “Kerrak?” she called out, and he almost slapped himself for forgetting about them.

John peeked his head around the desk. Kerrak was sitting against the wall, holding his wife against his chest, pressing a blood soaked cloth to her left shoulder. Tharon’s breathing was labored, and she groaned as she tried to readjust her position. “I’m all right,” she lied, hissing as the pain grew.

John stood up, and discreetly hid a smile at the sight before him.

All of the rebels were on their knees as the rest of his team tied their hands behind their backs. Cynara was at the front, glaring begrudgingly at him, and he returned it with one of his own. At least six Marines had covered the back of the room, and he spotted the young red-headed man who had run the Boston Marathon on his last leave. “Foreman!”

“Sir!”

“Get to the ‘Gate as fast as you can. Radio Doctor Beckett and tell him to have a medical team ready to receive a gunshot victim.”

“Yes, sir,” he quickly snapped, and took off running.

Elizabeth moaned as she stood up, and he held onto her arms to balance her. “You okay?”

She nodded. “A little dizzy, but I’m fine. The bullet hit Tharon, not me,” she added, sensing the waves of worry emanating from him.

John pressed his lips together, and let out a long sigh. “Okay.”

Elizabeth squeezed his hand reassuringly, then turned her attention to Tharon. “So were you planning on a bloodless coup? Because that strategy just got shot to hell.”

“Elizabeth--”

Keeping her eyes on Cynara, she held up a hand to John, cutting him off. “No matter how this turns out, you’re the one responsible for the shooting of your prime minister. Doesn’t that act carry a weighty sentence as well?” she inquired cynically, looking back at Kerrak.

He nodded at her. “Treason. The same sentence as you wished to impose on Tharon.”

“So now it has come full circle,” Elizabeth slowly replied, raising a hand to the laceration on her forehead. When she pulled her hand back, her fingers slightly tinged with blood, she showed it to Cynara. “Is this really the way you want to start a new era for your people? With unjust accusations and bloodshed?”

Teyla stepped forward. “Tell me, what was wrong with the way that Tharon ruled your people?”

“She wants her husband to rule us!”

Teyla tilted her head. “That was not my question. Was there anything wrong with the way that Tharon carried out her duties as prime minister? Did she leave the poor out in the cold, with no shelter or food? Did she accuse people of crimes without any basis for it? Did she ever threaten the overall well being of your people by plotting with the Wraith to cull your world to preserve a few?” The Athosian knelt down in front of Cynara. “Because we have seen it happen on other worlds. You should consider yourselves fortunate that you have such a caring ruler.”

“Kerrak has proven himself to be as trustworthy and upright as his wife,” John added. “Is his being a guy the biggest complaint you have against him? Really?”

Content that they had each done their part in making Cynara and the other rebels feel like idiots, they turned their attention to the wounded woman. “We need to get her to Atlantis.”

“Ronan!”

The Satedan made his way around the crowd and gently picked Tharon up in his arms.

“Get a head start. We’ll meet you at the ‘Gate.”

As Ronan, Teyla, Tharon, and Kerrak left the room, John crooked his index finger at the lieutenant standing near the door. “Phillips, keep an eye on these guys. Radio us if they cause any trouble.”

Phillips grinned slightly as he patted his stunner and his gun, holstered on opposite thighs. “I think we’ll be all right, sir.”

John smiled and nodded back.

He turned to find Elizabeth, but there was no sign of her in the room.

“Uh, sir? Doctor Weir went that way,” one of the sergeants responded, pointing to the open doorway.

John gave him a curt nod and left the room.

The passageway went three ways once you left Tharon’s office. One way was a short corridor into the Council chambers. The other was the door leading out into the village.

And the third was the path that led back to the doorway in the inn.

As John was trying to decide which path to follow, he caught a glimpse of someone moving towards him out of the corner of his eye. When he turned to face the person, Elizabeth clasped her hands around his neck, pulling his lips down to hers, kissing him ardently.

John’s hands gripped her around her waist, drawing her body closer to his. When she needed to breath and her lips left his, he kissed her forehead and hugged her tightly. She rested her head on his left shoulder, wincing slightly at the contact of her head injury against his shirt.

Words were escaping him. “I couldn’t … I didn’t …”

She drew back, just enough to see his face, and gently pressed the palm of her right hand to his cheek. “I know,” she assured him, and John was yet again completely amazed at how in sync they were. He barely had to say anything, yet she already knew what he meant.

He let a soft smile show, just for her, then cupped her face and gently tilted her head to get a better look at her cut. “Carson needs to take a look at this.”

She nodded in resignation.

As they walked down the hallway that opened up to the village, Elizabeth timidly reached over and inserted her hand in his, fingers lacing together tightly.

John looked down at their joined hands, then back up at her. He chuckled before placing one last kiss on her lips and opening the door.
                            Wonderful yet again, SW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            *makes mental note to reread rest of fic in near future*
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Fic is great. Except for when the fic bunnies pop in unexpectedly when you're doing so well on your own, and they hijack your fic. As they just did with mine.

*Guys, that last part isn't supposed to be done until the last chapter! I can't use it now!*

Ugh. I've gotta go fix this. It's turning into a bit of a Han/Leia moment, if you catch my drift.
                              Crazy bunnies!

Chapter 18. *shakes head* At this rate, I may be done with the story by the morning!

Just kidding.

<snip for space>

Okay. I'm gonna finish the rest of the chapter, then it's time for me to get some shut-eye.
                              EEEEEEEEEE! *runs around flailing some more* Darnit, you are going to kill me ded with all the cuteness!

Not that I'm complaining, oh no. Must. Have. More. Cute. Sparky!

Comment

Just kidding.

Spoiler:
                                Coming into the room where the Stargate was located in Atlantis, Kerrak barely had time to admire the Ancestors’ handiwork before his wife was lowered onto a mobile bed, and a man with dark hair and a different voice than the others stood right next to her.

“Hullo there,” he called out as he pulled a device out of his pocket. “I’m Doctor Beckett. Any other injuries than the gunshot wound?”

“No,” Tharon breathed out as she lay back on the bed.

The doctor turned and regarded Kerrak with a look of concern. “You must be her husband.”

Kerrak nodded. “Will she be all right?”

“Well, it doesn’t appear that the bullet hit any major arteries or vital organs. Once we get her to the infirmary and under a scanner, I will know for sure, but I think Miss Tharon will live to fight another day.” He gave a reassuring smile, then motioned for Kerrak to follow them.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As John and Elizabeth reappeared on the Atlantis side of the wormhole, they saw the medical team heading down the ramp on the left side of the stairs leading to the control room. They briskly walked up the stairs and made their way over to Evan Lorne. “Major. How are things?”

“Amazingly normal, for once,” he commented with a slight smile, handing her the tablet he had been holding.

She accepted it and looked over it quickly.

Feeling Lorne’s blue eyes on her, she looked up. “Major?”

He frowned in concern. “Ma’am? What happened to your head?”

“Ask Colonel Sheppard.”

“Sir,” he asked, addressing John, “what happened over there?”

“Well, after Tharon told the Council her decision this morning, one of the members decided to stage a coup d’etat. They got into her office and she accidentally got shot in the shoulder. Of course, as luck would have it, that was the exact moment that Ronan and Teyla showed up.”

“We were very fortunate in that regards,” Teyla remarked, joining the group after walking up the back stairwell with Ronan.

John nodded at them. “Yeah. Nice timing. Thanks.”

Ronan shrugged. “It’s what we do.”

Elizabeth leaned a little closer to John. “It’s official. He’s spending too much time with you.”

“You make it sound like it’s such a bad thing.” He added a wink, just for good measure.

“I’m surprised that you didn’t go to the infirmary first thing when you got back, ma’am. Doctor Beckett will have a cardiac when he sees that.”

“Doctor Weir, Colonel Sheppard, please respond.”

Elizabeth chuckled. “He has impeccable timing.” She clicked her earpiece. “Go ahead, Carson.”

“Would ya mind coming to the infirmary? I have something to share with you.”

She looked back up at John, a worried expression on her face. “On our way.” Nodding at Lorne, she and John descended down the back stairwell, heading for the nearest lift.

Once they got inside, and the doors closed to prying eyes, she turned to face John. “Before we leave here, there’s something I need to know.”

John tilted his head in confusion. “Okay,” he said slowly.

“When Cynara’s men broke the door down, and there was a gun pointed at me, did you hesitate?”

He frowned. “What do you mean?”

“Did you have to decide whether to protect me, or to protect Tharon? Or did you follow your instincts?”

He shrugged nonchalantly. “I followed my instincts.”

Elizabeth slowly nodded, then turned around, content with his answer. “Good.”

“However,” John interjected, raising a finger, “my instincts are to protect you.”

He kissed her cheek, and the transporter doors opened to a gaping Elizabeth.

She turned around to skewer him with a glare, but he held his arm out like a gentleman. “My lady.”

Elizabeth couldn’t hold in a chuckle, but instead of laying her hand on his arm, she reached for his hand.

They let go as they walked into the infirmary. Elizabeth walked up to Carson, sitting at a desk and leaning on his elbow. “How is she?”

Carson sighed. “The gunshot wound was clean. It didn’t hit any major arteries, so it was easy to take care of. However, I found something else when I put her under the scanner.”

Elizabeth leaned over his shoulder, and John walked up behind her, hunching over. “Is that what I think it is?” she asked in amazement.

“If you’re thinking it’s a fetus, you’re correct. According to my scans, Tharon is approximately eight weeks pregnant.”

Elizabeth raised her head and looked at John. “That would explain why she ran out of the dining room so suddenly.”

“And why she didn’t have any of the rat’s sin at the party,” John added.

Elizabeth tilted her head, an amused smile appearing. “Raa’zin, John.”

He smirked. “I knew that.”

“Fortunately, the baby seems to be okay,” Carson replied as he turned around in his chair. And without missing a beat, he said, “Bloody hell, Elizabeth. What happened to you?”

“I fell and hit my head during the skirmish.”

“And you didn’t come to see me? I’m wounded, Elizabeth,” he replied with a slight lilt in his voice.

At that moment, Rodney came around the corner. “Hey, I heard about what happened from Teyla,” he said, pointing a thumb down the hallway behind him. “How’s everybody?”

“We’re all fine,” Elizabeth answered as she got up onto a bed.

“So your, you know, head is okay?” he asked in his usual awkward manner, pointing at his own forehead.

“Yes, I am fine, and no, you are not in command of the city.”

Elizabeth could’ve sworn that he pouted slightly. After a moment, he seemed satisfied with the answers and left, mumbling something as he fell out of earshot.

John hovered by the wall as Carson ran his scans and asked Elizabeth questions to ascertain if she had a concussion, or just a nasty bump. His arms were crossed, and his face was dark with worry, but his eyes still shone with affection, and when Carson declared that it was just a bump and dressed it accordingly, he allowed himself to smile.

Elizabeth hopped off the bed and peeked her head around the corner. “Have you told Tharon yet?”

“No. I actually thought it might be better if it came from you.”

Elizabeth felt a little ridiculous at the suggestion. “Me? Why?”

“You have a working relationship with her. And she was very worried about you when she came in. She might like to see that you’re okay.”

Elizabeth knew she could argue her way out if she wanted to, but at the moment, she was too tired to do so. She nodded at Carson, then glanced at John. “Are you coming?”

“Yeah,” he replied instantly.

They walked through the infirmary to an area that had been sectioned off by a curtain. Elizabeth pulled it back slightly and peeked her head through. “Tharon. How are you feeling?”

“Good! Please, come in.”

She drew the sheet back and allowed room for herself and John to walk a little closer to the bed. Kerrak sat in a chair on her left, holding her hand and looking as though he were about to drift off to sleep himself.

After everything that had happened over the course of the morning, Elizabeth didn’t blame him.

“How is your head?”

Elizabeth unconsciously reached up to the bandage covering the cut. “It’s just a cut. Nothing too serious.”

“That is good news.”

Elizabeth looked down at her feet, gripping the end of the hospital bed. “Our doctor, Carson, found something else when he was running some scans.”

Tharon frowned. “What is it? Is it serious?”

Elizabeth cocked her head to the side, and laughed slightly. “Well, it is life-changing. You’re pregnant, Tharon.”

Tharon blinked at her, no expression on her face, then leaned forward, as if she hadn’t heard her the first time. “I’m sorry. What did you say?”

“During his scans, Doctor Beckett discovered that you’re eight weeks pregnant. Which would explain the vomiting and the queasiness you’ve been experiencing.”

Tharon raised her head, eyes wide in shock. “You knew about that?”

Elizabeth nodded. “I had my suspicions. Knowing this makes everything fall in place.”

John raised an eyebrow. “You had no idea you were pregnant?”

Tharon shrugged, then looked sideways at Kerrak. “As Elizabeth said, I had my suspicions, but we have no definitive way to know if we are carrying a child until …”

“Until you get big?” John asked, smiling.

Tharon laughed. “For lack of a better word, yes.”

“Perhaps in addition to the weather radar system, Doctor Beckett can arrange for some pregnancy tests to be sent to Fa’tor. Normally, they can detect a pregnancy within the first few weeks that you begin to suspect.”

Kerrak looked confused. “You’re still willing to help us?”

Elizabeth smiled. “Of course! Why wouldn’t we?”

“Well, after what Cynara did, I suppose we assumed you would think us an unstable ally.”

At that moment, Elizabeth realized that during the course of most of their conversation, Kerrak had been the one to answer questions about their relationship and pose some of his own. Tharon looked on with pride, but her eyes kept drifting to her abdomen, mindful of the small life growing there that she was now responsible for.

It seemed that Tharon was making the transition at just the right time.

She dismissed Kerrak’s worry with a wave of her hand. “Governments go through upheaval all the time. The actions of one with a small crowd of supporters is not normally indicative of the entire population. We would be privileged to keep in touch and continue the relationship that we have formed.”

“As long as we still get some epso beans,” John added for good measure.

The laughter helped to dissolve some of the tension, and John and Elizabeth left to let the couple handle their news. They began walking absentmindedly through the corridors, slowly keeping in pace with each other.

“What do you think will happen now?” John asked, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

“I don’t know. It’s possible the rest of the Fa’torians will accept the change.”

“Do you think they will?”

Elizabeth sighed and stopped walking. “It can be very hard for someone to adapt to a change, especially if it’s one they do not agree with. But over time, it can become easier to deal with.”

John nodded, then started walking again, bringing up the look on Rodney’s face when he realized one of the appetizers at the celebratory dinner was garnished with some type of citrus.

Elizabeth allowed herself to laugh, but couldn’t help but wonder if John had understood that she wasn’t talking about just the Fa’torians.

I MUST reread this entire fic soon. Maybe it will help me find my missing muse.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X