Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

So I went to go see "The Lorax" by myself, cause I wanted to do something by myself. It was cute. I liked it! *inner child squees*

But before I left, I finished this chapter of "We'll Always Have M51-936". OMG.

Will be posting it on CD and FFdotnet soon if anyone wants to leave a review, or read the rest of the story.

Spoiler:
      Tharon and Kerrak were sitting behind the desk, hands clasped, as they talked quietly. Elizabeth cast a look of pity their direction, then moved across the room, closer to John.

He stood by the door, listening to the crowds as they got riled up and then fell silent for a few moments. The pattern was occurring like clockwork, with no sign of letting up. It worried Elizabeth greatly; the calm society that she had only met days ago had turned, their behavior border lining on savage.

Even if she was deaf, she would’ve known about all the commotion outside just by John’s body language. Whenever the crowds would become loud and boisterous, he would tense, and his hand would instinctively go to the absent gun holster on his right thigh. As the people calmed, so did John.

She reached out and touched his arm. “Everything all right?”

He sighed, running a hand through his hair as his hazel eyes looked down. “They’re a little quieter than they were before.” He frowned, then looked up. “But not by much.”

Elizabeth crossed her arms, hugging herself. “They should’ve made it to the ‘Gate by now.” She was trying not to let herself worry about Ronan and Teyla, but as the minutes stretched on, feeling like hours, she dropped her guard and worried.

John attempted a smile, reaching out to touch her elbow. “They’re fine. Rodney probably answered the phone back home.”

She smiled, just for a second.

Then John’s radio crackled. “Colonel Sheppard, please respond,” Teyla’s voice calmly called out.

He pressed the switch. “Go ahead.”

“Major Lorne is sending the teams through as we speak. Shall we discreetly return to the village?”

Elizabeth nodded her head. “Tell them to hurry. It’s only a matter of time before the villagers come after them.”

John clicked his radio again and walked towards a window. “Yeah. Try to keep out of sight, and hurry up. We don’t have a lot of time.”

“Understood. Teyla out.”

As the radio fell silent, John turned around and glanced at Elizabeth. To anybody that was observing, it was a brief look of reassurance. But Elizabeth saw something else, something that had always been there, hiding under the depths of his hazel eyes. It mirrored the look that she was giving him in return.

Worry. Concern. Desire, even.

Love?

She shook her head at him, breaking eye contact, and gave him a hesitant smile. “We’ll be fine,” she tried, trying to seem as optimistic as she could, given the circumstances.

John took a step towards her, slowly nodding. He lowered his voice so that only Elizabeth could hear him. “You mean them? Or us?” he quietly asked, reaching out to take her hands in his.

“John.” The tone of warning she had tried to convey was nearly overshadowed by the desperation she felt. Despite the dire situation that they now found themselves in, the urge to take him by the hand and lead him to a lonely spot was almost getting the better of her.

John raised an eyebrow, then gently tugged her hands, walking backwards to the window. She helplessly followed him.

They sat down on the window seat. He ran a hand through his hair anxiously and she immediately missed the contact. “I know that, for the past couple of days, things have been … different between us,” he stated, licking his lips as was his custom when he was nervous. “And I know that, once we go back to Atlantis, things have to go back to the way they were.”

No, they don’t, was the first response that came to Elizabeth’s mind, but she quickly suppressed it as his hand covered hers again.

She was acutely aware of John‘s thumbs rubbing the tops of her hands, causing goosebumps up the length of her arms. But her eyes were on his, and she was listening to every word. “But I want you to know that, no matter what, I will always be there for you. It doesn’t matter if I’m the military commander of Atlantis, your partner, or your closest friend. Anytime that you need anything, someone to talk to, whatever it is -- I’ll come.”

I need you.

John smiled, almost embarrassed. “You know, it’s funny,” he said, looking down at their hands. “I’m not the kind of guy to talk about my feelings.”

“I’ve noticed,” Elizabeth dryly commented, the only thing she could bring herself to say without betraying herself.

He cleared his throat lightly, raising his head. “But I care about you. A lot more than I ever expected to. And I--” She thought she heard a sniffle, but convinced herself it was just a sharp breath. “And that’s how I feel. And nothing will ever change that. Do you understand?”

Elizabeth couldn’t look him in the eye anymore. Staring down at her lap until she felt John’s hand touch her cheek. “Hey,” he whispered. “Look at me.”

“I can’t.”

“Why not?” he gently pressed.

She finally got a hold of herself, but as she blinked and looked up, a tear escaped down her cheek. “Because I won’t be able to stop myself.”

The deluge began to break and she let herself start to mourn for the end of their relationship that never really even came to fruition.

John sighed. “’Lizabeth,” he whispered in empathy, pulling her to him by the shoulders and just holding her for a second.

She had more crying to do, but now was not the place or time. As she started drawing back, John cupped her cheeks and wiped the trails of tears away. “You gonna be okay?”

Timidly, she shook her head. “I don’t know.”

John dipped his head and gently kissed her. It was chaste and sweet, but mostly reassuring. “We’re gonna be okay. Trust me, all right?”

“I do.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Teyla and Ronan led the team through the woods that surrounded the square. They made their way to a dirt mound on the northern side of town and hid behind it. When they finally caught sight of the village again, their fears were confirmed.

“Looks like the entire town has mobbed together,” Ronan said, checking the setting on his stunner.

“Indeed. I hope that Colonel Sheppard and Doctor Weir are still safely indoors with Tharon and Kerrak.”

Ronan noticed a movement in the town square. A new group of people approached from the southern entrance, holding familiar looking devices in their arms and hands.

“Oh, crap,” Ronan muttered, sinking down behind the dirt mound next to Teyla.

Her eyes widened. “What’s wrong?”

His eyes met hers. “They’ve got guns.”

They watched in slight horror as the villagers approached the others and began distributing the weapons freely.

Teyla reached for her radio. “Colonel Sheppard, please respond.”

“Go ahead, Teyla.”

“We’ve arrived back at the village, but there’s been a development.”

“What kind of development?” he asked, starting to sound a little irate.

“They’ve got guns. Handing them out to everyone gathered in the square.”

“Oh crap,” was Sheppard’s immediate reply.

“Colonel, do you have your weapons on you?”

“No, my P-90 and my sidearm are both up in our bedroom. Ran out too quick this morning.”

Teyla nodded at the Marines, who began to stand and move around her. “We’re coming to get you. Be careful.”

She heard a cocky smirk. “Yeah, I don’t have much of a say--”

The next sound through the radio was the door being broken down and the yelling of villagers as they demanded Tharon and Kerrak to give themselves up.

They stealthily snuck around the buildings, being careful to avoid anyone.

They took off running when they heard the first gunshot, and the sound of someone screaming in pain.

Comment

*squees maniacally*

Ha ha ha ha ha! "Casualties of War" just came in the mail! I've got some reading to do!

*snuggles in comfy chair*

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          So I went to go see "The Lorax" by myself, cause I wanted to do something by myself. It was cute. I liked it! *inner child squees*

Will be posting it on CD and FFdotnet soon if anyone wants to leave a review, or read the rest of the story.

Spoiler:
          Tharon and Kerrak were sitting behind the desk, hands clasped, as they talked quietly. Elizabeth cast a look of pity their direction, then moved across the room, closer to John.

He stood by the door, listening to the crowds as they got riled up and then fell silent for a few moments. The pattern was occurring like clockwork, with no sign of letting up. It worried Elizabeth greatly; the calm society that she had only met days ago had turned, their behavior border lining on savage.

Even if she was deaf, she would’ve known about all the commotion outside just by John’s body language. Whenever the crowds would become loud and boisterous, he would tense, and his hand would instinctively go to the absent gun holster on his right thigh. As the people calmed, so did John.

He sighed, running a hand through his hair as his hazel eyes looked down. “They’re a little quieter than they were before.” He frowned, then looked up. “But not by much.”

Elizabeth crossed her arms, hugging herself. “They should’ve made it to the ‘Gate by now.” She was trying not to let herself worry about Ronan and Teyla, but as the minutes stretched on, feeling like hours, she dropped her guard and worried.

John attempted a smile, reaching out to touch her elbow. “They’re fine. Rodney probably answered the phone back home.”

Then John’s radio crackled. “Colonel Sheppard, please respond,” Teyla’s voice calmly called out.

“Major Lorne is sending the teams through as we speak. Shall we discreetly return to the village?”

Elizabeth nodded her head. “Tell them to hurry. It’s only a matter of time before the villagers come after them.”

John clicked his radio again and walked towards a window. “Yeah. Try to keep out of sight, and hurry up. We don’t have a lot of time.”

“Understood. Teyla out.”

As the radio fell silent, John turned around and glanced at Elizabeth. To anybody that was observing, it was a brief look of reassurance. But Elizabeth saw something else, something that had always been there, hiding under the depths of his hazel eyes. It mirrored the look that she was giving him in return.

Love?

She shook her head at him, breaking eye contact, and gave him a hesitant smile. “We’ll be fine,” she tried, trying to seem as optimistic as she could, given the circumstances.

John took a step towards her, slowly nodding. He lowered his voice so that only Elizabeth could hear him. “You mean them? Or us?” he quietly asked, reaching out to take her hands in his.

“John.” The tone of warning she had tried to convey was nearly overshadowed by the desperation she felt. Despite the dire situation that they now found themselves in, the urge to take him by the hand and lead him to a lonely spot was almost getting the better of her.

John raised an eyebrow, then gently tugged her hands, walking backwards to the window. She helplessly followed him.

They sat down on the window seat. He ran a hand through his hair anxiously and she immediately missed the contact. “I know that, for the past couple of days, things have been … different between us,” he stated, licking his lips as was his custom when he was nervous. “And I know that, once we go back to Atlantis, things have to go back to the way they were.”

No, they don’t, was the first response that came to Elizabeth’s mind, but she quickly suppressed it as his hand covered hers again.

She was acutely aware of John‘s thumbs rubbing the tops of her hands, causing goosebumps up the length of her arms. But her eyes were on his, and she was listening to every word. “But I want you to know that, no matter what, I will always be there for you. It doesn’t matter if I’m the military commander of Atlantis, your partner, or your closest friend. Anytime that you need anything, someone to talk to, whatever it is -- I’ll come.”

I need you.

John smiled, almost embarrassed. “You know, it’s funny,” he said, looking down at their hands. “I’m not the kind of guy to talk about my feelings.”

“I’ve noticed,” Elizabeth dryly commented, the only thing she could bring herself to say without betraying herself.

He cleared his throat lightly, raising his head. “But I care about you. A lot more than I ever expected to. And I--” She thought she heard a sniffle, but convinced herself it was just a sharp breath. “And that’s how I feel. And nothing will ever change that. Do you understand?”

Elizabeth couldn’t look him in the eye anymore. Staring down at her lap until she felt John’s hand touch her cheek. “Hey,” he whispered. “Look at me.”

“I can’t.”

She finally got a hold of herself, but as she blinked and looked up, a tear escaped down her cheek. “Because I won’t be able to stop myself.”

The deluge began to break and she let herself start to mourn for the end of their relationship that never really even came to fruition.

John sighed. “’Lizabeth,” he whispered in empathy, pulling her to him by the shoulders and just holding her for a second.

She had more crying to do, but now was not the place or time. As she started drawing back, John cupped her cheeks and wiped the trails of tears away. “You gonna be okay?”

John dipped his head and gently kissed her. It was chaste and sweet, but mostly reassuring. “We’re gonna be okay. Trust me, all right?”

“I do.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Teyla and Ronan led the team through the woods that surrounded the square. They made their way to a dirt mound on the northern side of town and hid behind it. When they finally caught sight of the village again, their fears were confirmed.

“Looks like the entire town has mobbed together,” Ronan said, checking the setting on his stunner.

“Indeed. I hope that Colonel Sheppard and Doctor Weir are still safely indoors with Tharon and Kerrak.”

Ronan noticed a movement in the town square. A new group of people approached from the southern entrance, holding familiar looking devices in their arms and hands.

They watched in slight horror as the villagers approached the others and began distributing the weapons freely.

“Go ahead, Teyla.”

“No, my P-90 and my sidearm are both up in our bedroom. Ran out too quick this morning.”

Teyla nodded at the Marines, who began to stand and move around her. “We’re coming to get you. Be careful.”

The next sound through the radio was the door being broken down and the yelling of villagers as they demanded Tharon and Kerrak to give themselves up.

They took off running when they heard the first gunshot, and the sound of someone screaming in pain.
          Ronon is starting to sound just like John. And the tender scene was just the sweetest. Can't wait for more.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Ronon is starting to sound just like John. And the tender scene was just the sweetest. Can't wait for more.
            *grins* Thanks!

Well, tomorrow is my last day of work until August -- -- so hopefully I'll have some more free time to write. In between the packing. moving, planning a wedding shower, and exercising like mad over the summer to look great at the wedding.

Anyhoo. Back to reading my new book. *huggles*

Comment

Spoiler:

“Understood. Teyla out.”

Love?

I need you.

“I can’t.”

“I do.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Go ahead, Teyla.”

*wibbles*

*wails*

*screams in frustration*

Damnit, woman, you are KILLING ME DED here! I hope we don't have to wait too long for the next installment, because I have got to know that our Sparky is still okay!

*squees maniacally*

Ha ha ha ha ha! "Casualties of War" just came in the mail! I've got some reading to do!

*snuggles in comfy chair*
              YEEHAW! Good book! You'll like it.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:

“Understood. Teyla out.”

Love?

I need you.

“I can’t.”

“I do.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Go ahead, Teyla.”

You are pure evil, SW!!!! Great cliffhanger!!
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                  http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/normal_atl_312_1791.jpg
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Shippiness/Valenship/Shippy%20Gifs/John_Elizabeth_eyes.gif
                    These just keep getting cuter and cuter. Love it.
                    sigpic

Comment

OT happiness
                      Spoiler:
                      *Does happy dance*

I just stagged free tickets to the NHL draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Does happy dance again*
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        OT happiness
                        Spoiler:
                        *Does happy dance*

I just stagged free tickets to the NHL draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Does happy dance again*
                        Good for you. I'm happy for you.

*goes back to work on CL fic* CL feels like revealing some innermost thoughts today.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday.

The great scene at the end of ‘The Siege pt 2’ was just too good to pass up, I just love the whole scene.

Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Okay then, CL is ready to tell us some more of what she thinks. Maybe this time we'll see her snarky side.

Spoiler:
                              Cafeteria Lady Speaks Her Mind

One of the Airmen came to me this morning whining about getting his feelings hurt by Doctor McKay. Now I know he hasn’t been around here very long, but I also know that this job beats washing dishes in a dining hall in North Dakota. I told him so in no uncertain terms, which didn’t please him much. He said Yes Ma’am and went back to work, but not before I chewed his ass for Ma’aming an NCO. Call me Chief Master Sergeant or just Chief, but you don’t have to Ma’am anybody around here except officers and Doctor Weir. It’s like my old drill instructor always said, Don’t call me ‘Sir’, I work for a living.

Some of these kids forget they’re in another galaxy after a while. I will admit that Doctor McKay takes some getting used to, but considering the pressure he’s under on a daily basis, we’re lucky he doesn’t bite more heads off. Just give him some of that blue jello. He’ll calm right down and forget what he was yelling at you for.

Once you learn to overlook the eccentric element to most of the scientists, you find out that they’re just like everybody else. They all appreciate being treated with kindness and respect and all love a good meal. The only person I never did develop a tolerance for was that Doctor Kavanaugh. The first time I ever laid eyes on him I wanted to grab him by that scrawny little ponytail and give it a snip with my kitchen shears. Never could tolerate long hair on a grown man, well, except maybe for Ronon. On him it somehow fits, and since he’s from another galaxy, I give him a free pass.

Kavanaugh was just a mean little SOB, and as far as I could tell, nobody could much stand him. He went down the food line with his nose in the air like he was expecting to be served gourmet grub on a silver platter. I was tempted to do something naughty to him a number of times. Thankfully, I managed to restrain my natural instincts. Now he’s gone and good riddance I say.

As the highest ranking NCO on this base, I get to handle a lot of disciplinary issues that I’d just as soon pass on to someone else. A lot of it is petty stuff that we don’t want to bother Major Lorne or the Colonel with, so I put on my big girl panties and deal with it. However, it does not improve my mood when I have to brace some Airman in the hallway and yell in his face. But I do it when it’s called for. Even those big strapping Marines have learned that I will do the same for them, even if I have to stand on a step stool to do it.

I learned how to deal with people working in my parents’ restaurant back in Alabama. If you can handle hungry families and crowds of college kids at the same time without a fist fight breaking out, you can do most anything. I always knew I wanted to run my own kitchen someday, and I loved seeing those crisp uniforms on the service men and women that came to eat with us. So it was natural that I would put the two together. After I finished my Associates degree in Hospitality Management with a side serving of Culinary Arts, I looked around for something to do with the rest of my life. I knew I wasn’t cut out to shoot at folks, but I sure could feed those who were.

Many years later and by a roundabout path, I ended up in the lost city of Atlantis, not to say that I didn’t enjoy my years at the SGC. The only thing I minded about that job was being way down there under the ground so far you sometimes wondered if that elevator was ever going to stop. Here in Atlantis, being able to walk into my dining hall and see the sky and the sea all around us is a treat indeed.

What I really like is when some of my old friends drop by for a visit. Teal’c was here a few years ago, and I made sure we had plenty of tater tots on the menu. He just looked up at me and nodded like he was the happiest man in the place. I could swear he smiled a little bit.

General O’Neill came by when we were moving back in after that unfortunate situation with the Ancients throwing us out of our own home just to tell me he was glad I was here. I told him not to worry his mind for one minute. No stuck up bunch of people who wouldn’t even have a city to come home to if it wasn’t for us were going to keep me away. He grabbed a piece of my chocolate chip cake on the way out and told me to keep up the good work. I must have stood there grinning for five minutes before I was able to get my mind back on the task at hand.

Having Colonel Carter here for a time was nice, but somehow the fact that she replaced Doctor Weir never set right with me. Granted, I think the world of the Colonel. She’s one of the nicest people you ever want to meet. But every time I went into the office and saw her sitting in Doctor Weir’s chair, I just got a tightness in my chest that didn’t want to go away. I could tell Colonel Sheppard felt the same way, though he never let it show in front of the other Colonel. He’s way too much of a gentleman and a good officer to let his personal feelings interfere with his relationship with a superior. We all made Colonel Carter welcome the best we could and didn’t hold it against her that Doctor Weir was gone, but somehow it just never felt right.

I was happy to make sure we had enough of the foods she liked best when Colonel Carter came down to eat, and sometimes I even served her myself. I noticed that she seemed to prefer dining with Colonel Sheppard’s team. Maybe that had something to do with the fact that she already knew Doctor McKay from back in the earlier days, but I never asked any questions.

That balcony off the dining hall is a really pleasant place to eat on a nice day, and I was tickled pink when I saw Major Lorne painting a picture of it. I gave him a nice compliment, and you could have knocked me over with a feather when he presented the finished product to me as a present. He waited with a big grin on his face to see what I thought, and when I took a close look, I couldn’t help but give him a big old hug around the neck. He had painted in Colonel Sheppard’s team having a meal and right there, sitting beside the Colonel and smiling, was Doctor Weir. I would have given anything to see that happen in real life, and now that we have her back, my dream has become a reality.

Now it’s time for me to get some sleep. I have to be up early because the Daedalus is due in sometime tomorrow morning. It looks like I’ve started reminiscing and can’t find a good stopping place. I think I’ll just continue to get my thoughts down so that, if I ever do leave this place, my replacement will be able to understand what he or she is getting into.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Congrats on scoring those tickets, mandogater! Hope you have a great time!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Okay then, CL is ready to tell us some more of what she thinks. Maybe this time we'll see her snarky side.

Spoiler:
                                Cafeteria Lady Speaks Her Mind

One of the Airmen came to me this morning whining about getting his feelings hurt by Doctor McKay. Now I know he hasn’t been around here very long, but I also know that this job beats washing dishes in a dining hall in North Dakota. I told him so in no uncertain terms, which didn’t please him much. He said Yes Ma’am and went back to work, but not before I chewed his ass for Ma’aming an NCO. Call me Chief Master Sergeant or just Chief, but you don’t have to Ma’am anybody around here except officers and Doctor Weir. It’s like my old drill instructor always said, Don’t call me ‘Sir’, I work for a living.

Some of these kids forget they’re in another galaxy after a while. I will admit that Doctor McKay takes some getting used to, but considering the pressure he’s under on a daily basis, we’re lucky he doesn’t bite more heads off. Just give him some of that blue jello. He’ll calm right down and forget what he was yelling at you for.

Once you learn to overlook the eccentric element to most of the scientists, you find out that they’re just like everybody else. They all appreciate being treated with kindness and respect and all love a good meal. The only person I never did develop a tolerance for was that Doctor Kavanaugh. The first time I ever laid eyes on him I wanted to grab him by that scrawny little ponytail and give it a snip with my kitchen shears. Never could tolerate long hair on a grown man, well, except maybe for Ronon. On him it somehow fits, and since he’s from another galaxy, I give him a free pass.

Kavanaugh was just a mean little SOB, and as far as I could tell, nobody could much stand him. He went down the food line with his nose in the air like he was expecting to be served gourmet grub on a silver platter. I was tempted to do something naughty to him a number of times. Thankfully, I managed to restrain my natural instincts. Now he’s gone and good riddance I say.

As the highest ranking NCO on this base, I get to handle a lot of disciplinary issues that I’d just as soon pass on to someone else. A lot of it is petty stuff that we don’t want to bother Major Lorne or the Colonel with, so I put on my big girl panties and deal with it. However, it does not improve my mood when I have to brace some Airman in the hallway and yell in his face. But I do it when it’s called for. Even those big strapping Marines have learned that I will do the same for them, even if I have to stand on a step stool to do it.

I learned how to deal with people working in my parents’ restaurant back in Alabama. If you can handle hungry families and crowds of college kids at the same time without a fist fight breaking out, you can do most anything. I always knew I wanted to run my own kitchen someday, and I loved seeing those crisp uniforms on the service men and women that came to eat with us. So it was natural that I would put the two together. After I finished my Associates degree in Hospitality Management with a side serving of Culinary Arts, I looked around for something to do with the rest of my life. I knew I wasn’t cut out to shoot at folks, but I sure could feed those who were.

Many years later and by a roundabout path, I ended up in the lost city of Atlantis, not to say that I didn’t enjoy my years at the SGC. The only thing I minded about that job was being way down there under the ground so far you sometimes wondered if that elevator was ever going to stop. Here in Atlantis, being able to walk into my dining hall and see the sky and the sea all around us is a treat indeed.

What I really like is when some of my old friends drop by for a visit. Teal’c was here a few years ago, and I made sure we had plenty of tater tots on the menu. He just looked up at me and nodded like he was the happiest man in the place. I could swear he smiled a little bit.

General O’Neill came by when we were moving back in after that unfortunate situation with the Ancients throwing us out of our own home just to tell me he was glad I was here. I told him not to worry his mind for one minute. No stuck up bunch of people who wouldn’t even have a city to come home to if it wasn’t for us were going to keep me away. He grabbed a piece of my chocolate chip cake on the way out and told me to keep up the good work. I must have stood there grinning for five minutes before I was able to get my mind back on the task at hand.

Having Colonel Carter here for a time was nice, but somehow the fact that she replaced Doctor Weir never set right with me. Granted, I think the world of the Colonel. She’s one of the nicest people you ever want to meet. But every time I went into the office and saw her sitting in Doctor Weir’s chair, I just got a tightness in my chest that didn’t want to go away. I could tell Colonel Sheppard felt the same way, though he never let it show in front of the other Colonel. He’s way too much of a gentleman and a good officer to let his personal feelings interfere with his relationship with a superior. We all made Colonel Carter welcome the best we could and didn’t hold it against her that Doctor Weir was gone, but somehow it just never felt right.

I was happy to make sure we had enough of the foods she liked best when Colonel Carter came down to eat, and sometimes I even served her myself. I noticed that she seemed to prefer dining with Colonel Sheppard’s team. Maybe that had something to do with the fact that she already knew Doctor McKay from back in the earlier days, but I never asked any questions.

That balcony off the dining hall is a really pleasant place to eat on a nice day, and I was tickled pink when I saw Major Lorne painting a picture of it. I gave him a nice compliment, and you could have knocked me over with a feather when he presented the finished product to me as a present. He waited with a big grin on his face to see what I thought, and when I took a close look, I couldn’t help but give him a big old hug around the neck. He had painted in Colonel Sheppard’s team having a meal and right there, sitting beside the Colonel and smiling, was Doctor Weir. I would have given anything to see that happen in real life, and now that we have her back, my dream has become a reality.

Now it’s time for me to get some sleep. I have to be up early because the Daedalus is due in sometime tomorrow morning. It looks like I’ve started reminiscing and can’t find a good stopping place. I think I’ll just continue to get my thoughts down so that, if I ever do leave this place, my replacement will be able to understand what he or she is getting into.
                                Oh CL, I love you so! *squees* That was so sweet of Lorne to paint that picture for her, and how very fortuitous that he included Lizzeh. Yay! Teal'c smiling... so cute! And how adorable is Jack, snagging some cake.

And on that note... I'm hungry. LOL! Off to lunch!
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X