Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I don't understand a lot of women either, but I sure understand why some of us like that green flight suit. It's not a jacket, BTW, it's a jumpsuit. Here are several reasons.

*snipped*

*fans self and passes out*
    Oh good Lord. Better go get the sniffing salts and revive Aunt SR.

Not that I can blame you. He does look pretty yummy in that flight suit.

No, not that kind of yummy! This kind:

Grr. The fic bunnies ran over my keyboard. They say hello and promise there is ... what?!?!

*SW and plot bunnies have brief conference off screen*

Ahem. Apparently, ODAD isn't quite as "almost finished" as I thought it was. It seems there is one more plot twist ...

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Maybe the stylist was thinking, "Well, this is the last episode of SGA ... who's really gonna care what their hair looks like?" ... and then Joe Flanigan points to Teh Hair and sez "No touchie".
      No matter what you do to whump Shep, do not ever cut, maim or otherwise abuse Teh Hair.

So SK was right, the idea about Elizabeth forcing John to do KP duty seems OOC. Fortunately, the fic bunnies recently arrived back from the Carribean (how they got there and I'm stuck at home, I will never know) and they gave me a thoroughly good smacking upside the head.

Anyhoodle, I know it's not really a tradition, but remember that M*A*S*H episode where the officers and elisted personnel traded places for a day? The Atlantis version is in the works.
      That seriously sounds like fun! An homage to a classic TV show, and a chance to let Our Heroes run amok and be goofy for a bit. Gotta love it!

Though I do hope your bunnies at least had the decency to bring back some rum for you.

I finally bought SGA on DVD!!!

... It's Season 4.

I don't understand a lot of women either, but I sure understand why some of us like that green flight suit. It's not a jacket, BTW, it's a jumpsuit. Here are several reasons.

<bit of snippage to get to this one...>

And one from the front that proves YOU ARE WRONG when you say he doesn't look good in green
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1..._PDVD_0655.jpg

I second that. Shep (and therefore Joe) looks DAMN GOOD in green!

*grabs a fan and starts fanning SR while SW gets the smelling salts*

Oh good Lord. Better go get the sniffing salts and revive Aunt SR.

Not that I can blame you. He does look pretty yummy in that flight suit.

No, not that kind of yummy! This kind:

Grr. The fic bunnies ran over my keyboard. They say hello and promise there is ... what?!?!

*SW and plot bunnies have brief conference off screen*

Ahem. Apparently, ODAD isn't quite as "almost finished" as I thought it was. It seems there is one more plot twist ...
      Ruh-oh! Should we be afraid?
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

speaking of john in green you gotta remember he wore a green bdus in the retun.

Comment

<snip>

I just looked at the shot and thought it was a jacket. I forgot it was a flight suit, which makes infinitely more sense. My eyes were drawn to the right of the pic, wondering what Carter had been in the middle of that she hadn't buttoned up her top yet

Really, they used a wig? Huh, I didn't know that. *nods* We have seen what bad wigs will do for sci-fi characters ... Like the Beatles said, "Let it be". Although in the scenes we saw Carter in for SGU, her hair looked brown, so I guess they finally gave up.

Yeah, the top does look a little big for her. Must've borrowed it from someone. LOL

Also, IIRC, EatG was the 2nd to last episode they actually filmed, because I think they filmed "Vegas" last because it had less characters and it was on location ... so they were probably saving all the good work for that eppy. I mean, look at David Hewlett's hair and suit in "Vegas"! He looks like he could be a suave secret agent, whereas JoeF ... looks hawt as always, no matter what he's wearing.
          They used a dark wig for about half of s1 of Sanctuary, then switched to her real hair after she dyed it. Her hair on SGA s4 was all natural *hangs head in shame for knowing this* I've always thought she looks amazing as Magnus, but maybe it's because the clothes bring certain things to your attention
          sigpic

Comment

Anyhoodle, I know it's not really a tradition, but remember that M*A*S*H episode where the officers and elisted personnel traded places for a day? The Atlantis version is in the works.
            That is one of my favorite episodes of M*A*S*H!!!!

I can totally see Rodney as Winchester.
            If you count his rumored Captain Kirk side, I could see Sheppard as Hawkeye. However, Sheppard as BJ works for me since he's so loyal to Elizabeth.

Anybody have any idea what M*A*S*H characters our favorite Atlantis personnel are most like?
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

i was watching pirates of the caribbean today on USA and i was wondering who would John and Elizabeth be?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                How could I have forgotten that? You are so correct.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

SPARKY ART!!!

Not sure if I like it but I'll inflict it on you anyway

sigpic
                  Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And another one.....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                        I like both of them. Love the first quote.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

How could I have forgotten that? You are so correct.
                          heh it happens sometimes. don't sweat it.

Comment

Lovely artwork, Madness reigns!

Comment

I like both of them. Love the first quote.
                              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Lovely artwork, Madness reigns!
                              Thank you

On a bit of a roll today .......

Last edited by Madness reigns; 18 February 2012, 01:25 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Madness reigns -- I concur with everyone else's sentiments. Wonderful job! I wish I could figure out how to make such neat artwork!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                No matter what you do to whump Shep, do not ever cut, maim or otherwise abuse Teh Hair.

That seriously sounds like fun! An homage to a classic TV show, and a chance to let Our Heroes run amok and be goofy for a bit. Gotta love it!

Though I do hope your bunnies at least had the decency to bring back some rum for you.

I second that. Shep (and therefore Joe) looks DAMN GOOD in green!

*grabs a fan and starts fanning SR while SW gets the smelling salts*

Ruh-oh! Should we be afraid?
                                Teh Hair is sacred.

Yep, I'll post the fic in a little while. And by that, I mean probably a couple of days. I have Monday off, but I'll be at Busch Gardens.

No rum. They drank it on the plane back.

And yes. Be very afraid. One last villain. Mwah ha ha.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                I loved John in the SGC BDUs during "The Return". He still had that black wrist band on. By the way, was it ever established if John had an office in Atlantis?

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                I just looked at the shot and thought it was a jacket. I forgot it was a flight suit, which makes infinitely more sense. My eyes were drawn to the right of the pic, wondering what Carter had been in the middle of that she hadn't buttoned up her top yet

They used a dark wig for about half of s1 of Sanctuary, then switched to her real hair after she dyed it. Her hair on SGA s4 was all natural *hangs head in shame for knowing this* I've always thought she looks amazing as Magnus, but maybe it's because the clothes bring certain things to your attention
                                Go on, admit it. You're a fanboy.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                That is one of my favorite episodes of M*A*S*H!!!!

I can totally see Rodney as Winchester.
                                If you count his rumored Captain Kirk side, I could see Sheppard as Hawkeye. However, Sheppard as BJ works for me since he's so loyal to Elizabeth.

Anybody have any idea what M*A*S*H characters our favorite Atlantis personnel are most like?
                                I think John embodies both Hawkeye and BJ, and not even because of the "Kirk" factor, but his wit and humor. They both portray themselves as a little dumb when in reality they're geniuses.

Elizabeth -- probably Potter, jut because she keeps everybody together and running smoothly.

McKay -- a mix of Major "Ferret Face" Burns and Winchester, just because of the arrogance.

Oberoth -- Major Charles Emerson Winchester. Hands down.

Radek/Chuck -- Radar.

Teyla -- Rosie.

Ronan -- North Korean army. All of them.

Kate -- Father Mulcahy/Sidney Freeman.

Carson -- BJ, just because they're both so kind and caring.

Whoa. I kind of ran with that, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X