Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I put together a list of fics written since the last Sparktober. Most of you have probably seen all of these already, but just in case, and for any lurkers out there...

http://sparktober.livejournal.com/33888.html

It wasn't until today that I realized most of the stories are by people in my flist. So I could possibly be quite biased.
    OMFG, you recced me! *tackle-hugs* Thank you so much!

There are such great stories and storytellers on this list, everyone should go read them!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      *dies laughing*
      That one always makes me laugh - I saw the screencap and it wrote itself

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Lots of frivolity going on around here. Does that mean that they have already exhausted all the possibilities of the Kama Sutra?
      Spoiler:

:kav: Just out of curiosity, what's your favourite position?

That's none of your business Doctor. In your case, it's probably man on top, woman in magazine

And let the flailing begin. I'll start.

OMG! *flails a lot* That is so awesome. And neat that they've got her in her uniform and him in casual dress. *flails*
      They didn't use their imagination very much - she's still wearing a red shirt

There you are in my head again. I was just about to post the link for that interview.

I noticed that every time he's asked about what he wants to see in S6, he says everybody else has a girlfriend or boyfriend but him, so he wants someone. And he's also still saying his favorite ep is Vegas and he thinks it should have been the last one. And the Japanese lady seems to have made quite an impression. Teh hair seems to also be in glorious form here. It's standing up for London.
      I wonder if that means he was happy enough with most other things regarding his character, or that's the thing he wanted the most?

I put together a list of fics written since the last Sparktober. Most of you have probably seen all of these already, but just in case, and for any lurkers out there...

http://sparktober.livejournal.com/33888.html

It wasn't until today that I realized most of the stories are by people in my flist. So I could possibly be quite biased.
      Thatnks for posting that. One day, I will get around to reading all of them
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        That one always makes me laugh - I saw the screencap and it wrote itself

Spoiler:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...teraid/kav.jpg

That's none of your business Doctor. In your case, it's probably man on top, woman in magazine
        I take it that one wrote itself, too?

They didn't use their imagination very much - she's still wearing a red shirt
        Hey, sometimes the tried and true is best.

I wonder if that means he was happy enough with most other things regarding his character, or that's the thing he wanted the most?
        Maybe both.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I take it that one wrote itself, too?
          Nah, I was feeling a bit mean. That was the nicer of the two that sprung to mind, the other most likely would've resulted in moderation

Hey, sometimes the tried and true is best.

Maybe both.
          Sometimes it would be nice to have been a fly on the wall during the production meetings. I think it's likely he would've gotten a girlfriend/love interest in an aired season six, but we'll never know for sure.
          sigpic

Comment

Is it too early to start squeeing? I didn't think so. Go check out the schedule for the Marseilles con. It looks like Joe and Torri will be on stage one time with Paul and once just the two of them. I expect some teasing from Paul might be in order. OMG! Sparkycon!!!!!
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*saves schedule*
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Spoiler:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...teraid/kav.jpg

LMAO!! I'm at work right now, and I'm trying SO hard to stop myself from laughing.

Well, he did say he wanted to have a female boss as his love interest.

Sometimes it would be nice to have been a fly on the wall during the production meetings. I think it's likely he would've gotten a girlfriend/love interest in an aired season six, but we'll never know for sure.
                I think they would have brought back either Nancy or Larrin. Frankly, I'm glad they're not doing a movie. (sorry, Joe!) I'm glad TPTW don't have any more opportunities to mess up the characters.

Is it too early to start squeeing? I didn't think so. Go check out the schedule for the Marseilles con. It looks like Joe and Torri will be on stage one time with Paul and once just the two of them. I expect some teasing from Paul might be in order. OMG! Sparkycon!!!!!
                SQUEE!!! Oh man, I can so imagine Paul teasing them mercilessly. *FLAIL*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                *saves schedule*
                *SO jealous!*

Comment

*SO jealous!*
                  If I recall correctly, y'all will be there looking over my shoulder... virtually anyway. I'm taking my notebook along so I'll be able to hopefully (with the help of free Wifi that is) upload reports immediately after they happened.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

LMAO!! I'm at work right now, and I'm trying SO hard to stop myself from laughing.

Well, he did say he wanted to have a female boss as his love interest.

I think they would have brought back either Nancy or Larrin. Frankly, I'm glad they're not doing a movie. (sorry, Joe!) I'm glad TPTW don't have any more opportunities to mess up the characters.

SQUEE!!! Oh man, I can so imagine Paul teasing them mercilessly. *FLAIL*

*SO jealous!*
                    I'm with you. I was actually yelling at the poor guy during that interview. NO! NO MOVIE! And did I hear him say that the show got better over the years? I think he might be a bit slightly uninformed on fan reaction to that.

If I recall correctly, y'all will be there looking over my shoulder... virtually anyway. I'm taking my notebook along so I'll be able to hopefully (with the help of free Wifi that is) upload reports immediately after they happened.
                    *bows to the con queen* SparkyCon! FTW!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

1bighug.jpg

I'm with you. I was actually yelling at the poor guy during that interview. NO! NO MOVIE! And did I hear him say that the show got better over the years? I think he might be a bit slightly uninformed on fan reaction to that.
                      I thought he was referring to the special effects, not the actual plots.

But really, what fan is going to tell Joe that we don't want a movie? Or that the show's quality declined? That's a little too honest for a fan to say. I know I'd never say that to Joe. Now, put me in a room with a PTW and I surely would.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32263[/ATTACH]

But really, what fan is going to tell Joe that we don't want a movie? Or that the show's quality declined? That's a little too honest for a fan to say. I know I'd never say that to Joe. Now, put me in a room with a PTW and I surely would.
                        I thought he meant both. But yeah, he was probably referring to the look and technical stuff because I think he has an interest in all that.

Shoot, I'd tell him if given half a chance. In fact, I have a list of things I'd love a chance to tell him. After all, if someone from fandom doesn't tell him what their corner of fandom thinks, how will he know? I don't think I'd trust myself with TPTB not to go into my Suzanne Sugarbaker act. Someday I'm going to write a Sparky version of this speech, so I'll be ready.

Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

I thought he meant both. But yeah, he was probably referring to the look and technical stuff because I think he has an interest in all that.

Shoot, I'd tell him if given half a chance. In fact, I have a list of things I'd love a chance to tell him. After all, if someone from fandom doesn't tell him what their corner of fandom thinks, how will he know? I don't think I'd trust myself with TPTB not to go into my Suzanne Sugarbaker act. Someday I'm going to write a Sparky version of this speech, so I'll be ready.

I would pay good money to see your Suzanne Sugarbaker act! (I loved her bit about how they treat their crazy people)

I guess the issue is that we only get the 2 minutes to talk to him when getting an autograph. I wouldn't want to spend those 2 minutes saying stuff like that. Now, if I had his ear for an hour.... then all bets are off. But that would happen only in my dreams. Well, not MY dreams, which are filled with bad guys trying to shoot me, or the apocalypse, or people turning into birds.

Comment

I would pay good money to see your Suzanne Sugarbaker act! (I loved her bit about how they treat their crazy people)

I guess the issue is that we only get the 2 minutes to talk to him when getting an autograph. I wouldn't want to spend those 2 minutes saying stuff like that. Now, if I had his ear for an hour.... then all bets are off. But that would happen only in my dreams. Well, not MY dreams, which are filled with bad guys trying to shoot me, or the apocalypse, or people turning into birds.
                            Well yeah, it would take me at least an hour to say all I've been saving up. LOL I'd start by telling him just how large the Sparky nation is. That's become all too apparent with Sparktober. It's just amazing how many Sparky shippers there are on LJ who never come on GW. And I think most of them never watched S4-5. Not putting them together on screen was perhaps the #1 mistake TPTB made. If they gained new viewers as they claim in S4-5, just think how high the ratings would have been had they kept Elizabeth full time and given us more Sparky goodness. After all, it was already so obvious to all the viewers with a brain, that we saw tons of people saying he was grieving for her. Otherwise, they wouldn't have thought that but would have attributed his gloomy attitude to something else.

But, looking on the bright side, at least we don't have to speculate on how different it would have been had a scene been a little different or certain canon facts not be true. We had clear video evidence of how much he cared about her. No one can ever erase those tears in his eyes or the way he looked every time she was mentioned.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well yeah, it would take me at least an hour to say all I've been saving up. LOL I'd start by telling him just how large the Sparky nation is. That's become all too apparent with Sparktober. It's just amazing how many Sparky shippers there are on LJ who never come on GW. And I think most of them never watched S4-5. Not putting them together on screen was perhaps the #1 mistake TPTB made. If they gained new viewers as they claim in S4-5, just think how high the ratings would have been had they kept Elizabeth full time and given us more Sparky goodness. After all, it was already so obvious to all the viewers with a brain, that we saw tons of people saying he was grieving for her. Otherwise, they wouldn't have thought that but would have attributed his gloomy attitude to something else.

But, looking on the bright side, at least we don't have to speculate on how different it would have been had a scene been a little different or certain canon facts not be true. We had clear video evidence of how much he cared about her. No one can ever erase those tears in his eyes or the way he looked every time she was mentioned.
                              I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I think they really dropped the ball in s4 by simply replacing Weir with Carter. With the benefit of hindsight, it's possible they'd have been able to keep Carter around for longer if they'd used AT more sparingly. And given how little we saw of Caldwell in s4/s5 (he got lost on the way back to the bridge during TLT), I don't think it would've been an issue to replace one with the other (or give her the Apollo, which would've been my preference). That infirmary scene (Lifeline) could've been the start of something in s4, even if it was 'minor'.

I think what they've failed to grasp is that they didn't have to write an over the top ship with sparky. Frankly they could have put them together at any point from s2 onwards and not much would've changed. I really wonder whether their reluctance to do anything (with ship in general) stems from Sam/Jack, of which they made a complete hash with re timing. And to be fair with that, the timing aspect of it comes from the fact that the series kept getting extended. And re-extended.
                              sigpic

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32263[/ATTACH]

He was probably referring to both. In terms of acting, I think he got to do more in s5. There were some individual eps that were outstanding during that season, and he was put in situations that he hadn't been before. S & R was an awesome ep, and great for his character. The Shrine was brilliant - while I have some issues with the plot, the acting was outstanding. And again, while I wasn't a fan of either FC or TLT, he was actually put in charge. And then, Vegas would have to be a favourite of his, for many reasons.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X