Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    The looks on their faces say it all!!
    Hmm, I'm just not seeing it. Of course, my brain is fried from the heat, so I probably couldn't see the side of a barn right now.

And with that, I'm going to bed! *hits reply button, then falls over and starts snoring*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      The looks on their faces say it all!!
      Yeah, the reason he tensed up when she entered his personal space is because he just got slapped.

That just totally made my day, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        Yeah, the reason he tensed up when she entered his personal space is because he just got slapped.

That just totally made my day, thanks!
        I always thought the same thing about that little scene. SK, just stare at the .gif for awhile. Notice how his body sorta sways after her hand moves. Of course, some might claim it's sexual harassment. But either way, right there in the pilot, we had invasion of personal space. And the way he started following her around like a little puppy dog right from the start, it comes as no surprise.

Do you guys realize how easy it seemed for him to start taking her orders? Right from the start, his conflict with Sumner was partly over her authority. Remember the "that would be Dr. Weir, right?" line. Funny how a guy who was known to have problems with authority within the military would have no trouble taking orders from a civilian woman. Hmm? That makes one think.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I always thought the same thing about that little scene. SK, just stare at the .gif for awhile. Notice how his body sorta sways after her hand moves. Of course, some might claim it's sexual harassment. But either way, right there in the pilot, we had invasion of personal space. And the way he started following her around like a little puppy dog right from the start, it comes as no surprise.
          The .gif is really too small to pick up details, so I think I'll have to watch the episode again. Oh, poor me! LOL!

But ah, yes. Invasion of personal space, their first argument, and then some fancy flying with a jumper to really impress her. Gotta be love at first sight.

Do you guys realize how easy it seemed for him to start taking her orders? Right from the start, his conflict with Sumner was partly over her authority. Remember the "that would be Dr. Weir, right?" line. Funny how a guy who was known to have problems with authority within the military would have no trouble taking orders from a civilian woman. Hmm? That makes one think.
          Yep. She's attractive, she's smart, and most of all, she gave him a chance when everyone else had written him off. He probably found that very refreshing and was curious to see what else she might do. Did I happen to mention she's hot? Must've been the red shirts.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hmm, could it be -- -- he likes female bosses in red shirts???

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

The .gif is really too small to pick up details, so I think I'll have to watch the episode again. Oh, poor me! LOL!

But ah, yes. Invasion of personal space, their first argument, and then some fancy flying with a jumper to really impress her. Gotta be love at first sight.

Yep. She's attractive, she's smart, and most of all, she gave him a chance when everyone else had written him off. He probably found that very refreshing and was curious to see what else she might do. Did I happen to mention she's hot? Must've been the red shirts.
            Interesting that you mention that. I've always thought, even on a non-shipper scale, that no one could argue a lack of relationship due to that fact right there. She knew his bad boy record, but she convinced Jack to let her give him a chance.

I'm writing a iPod Drabble, which is sorta weird, but I'm trying to do perspective pieces from each person on Atlantis. So far I have John and Ronan, and a weird variety of songs, but I'll have it done soon. I'll post it here. It's still Sparky-centric.

Anyhow, self promoting aside, the point I made about John is that all his life, everyone has been telling him that he isn't good enough, that he amounts to nothing, that it's not even worth trying to make something of himself. Then Elizabeth comes along and says, "Yes, you are important. Vital, even." How many people do you think have told him that?

I think John's confidence eroded over the years, and that small bit of trust from Elizabeth was the first building block to restoring it.

Wow. That was the deepest thing I've written in a long time!

Back to detention duty. *sarcastic happy dance*

Comment

Speaking of Elizabeth telling John he's important. I bring you the last scene from Rising.

Spoiler:

Elizabeth: You did good, John.
              John: But I have to live with it.

Then he's thinking about what she said.

Here she tells him he needs to think about his team and he suddenly realizes he's going to be in charge and have a team and get to do all sorts of things. Thanks to her.

And then it sort of hits him and we get our first view of the John Sheppard we will come to know and love.
              Notice that he walks up and invades her space without hesitation.

Ignoring the party and all that's going on in the background, he leans close to her.

And says "You do realize I can get us into all sorts of trouble, right?" And she nods and smiles. She knew exactly what she was getting and still took a chance on him.

Is that Kanaan I see Teyla talking to? Could be.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

i forget is it tuesday that it's screw the angst? or is it wednesday?

Comment

Speaking of Elizabeth telling John he's important. I bring you the last scene from Rising.

Spoiler:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ot/102x558.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ot/102x561.jpg

Here she tells him he needs to think about his team and he suddenly realizes he's going to be in charge and have a team and get to do all sorts of things. Thanks to her.
                  http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ot/102x586.jpg

And then it sort of hits him and we get our first view of the John Sheppard we will come to know and love.
                  http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ot/102x590.jpg

Ignoring the party and all that's going on in the background, he leans close to her.
                  http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ot/102x591.jpg

And says "You do realize I can get us into all sorts of trouble, right?" And she nods and smiles. She knew exactly what she was getting and still took a chance on him.
                  http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ot/102x592.jpg

i always enjoyed this scene. you can tell she is trying to cheer him up but he will have to live with the fact that he had to kill Colonel Sumner. i'm still trying to figure out if he's more like O'Neill or Mitchell. what do you guys think?
                  Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 08 September 2011, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Hmm, could it be -- -- he likes female bosses in red shirts???
                    Heh! Great minds think alike.

Interesting that you mention that. I've always thought, even on a non-shipper scale, that no one could argue a lack of relationship due to that fact right there. She knew his bad boy record, but she convinced Jack to let her give him a chance.
                    To be honest, I never thought Jack needed very much convincing. In his own way, Jack at the beginning of SG-1 was kind of where John was at the beginning of Atlantis, and I think Jack seemed to recognize a bit of himself in John. He just had to make that token protest because, you know, he's "The Man" and all that.

I'm writing a iPod Drabble, which is sorta weird, but I'm trying to do perspective pieces from each person on Atlantis. So far I have John and Ronan, and a weird variety of songs, but I'll have it done soon. I'll post it here. It's still Sparky-centric.

Anyhow, self promoting aside, the point I made about John is that all his life, everyone has been telling him that he isn't good enough, that he amounts to nothing, that it's not even worth trying to make something of himself. Then Elizabeth comes along and says, "Yes, you are important. Vital, even." How many people do you think have told him that?

I think John's confidence eroded over the years, and that small bit of trust from Elizabeth was the first building block to restoring it.

Wow. That was the deepest thing I've written in a long time!

Back to detention duty. *sarcastic happy dance*
                    I think you're right on target with that. I've always viewed Elizabeth's offer as not so much helping John, but rather giving him the chance to help himself. And did he ever.

Ugh, sorry you pulled detention duty! *hugs*

Spoiler:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ot/102x558.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ot/102x561.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ot/102x586.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ot/102x590.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ot/102x591.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ot/102x592.jpg

Ahh, I love that moment.

And...
                    Spoiler:
                    Yeah, it could be. There was a Kanaan lookalike in the background in Suspicion, though this guy in Rising looks a little different. But I'll definitely add it to my personal canon, hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      i forget is it tuesday that it's screw the angst? or is it wednesday?
                      Wednesday.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      i always enjoyed this scene. you can tell she is trying to cheer him up but he will have to live with the fact that he had to kill Colonel Sumner. i'm still trying to figure out if he's more like O'Neill or Mitchell. what do you guys think?
                      I think John is more like Jack. Elizabeth's quote of "General, I've seen your own record. Puh-leeze" kinda proves that! Granted, I still love Mitchell and Ben Browder, but his character wasn't as developed as it could've been, and he was introduced to fill Jack's shoes, in a way. When Jack started on SG-1, he had just lost his son and wife, and then he kept a little secret about Abydos which could've screwed his career. Mitchell had been severely injured, but his background seemed squeaky clean.

Anyhoodle.

Heh! Great minds think alike.

To be honest, I never thought Jack needed very much convincing. In his own way, Jack at the beginning of SG-1 was kind of where John was at the beginning of Atlantis, and I think Jack seemed to recognize a bit of himself in John. He just had to make that token protest because, you know, he's "The Man" and all that.
                      Yep.

I think you're right on target with that. I've always viewed Elizabeth's offer as not so much helping John, but rather giving him the chance to help himself. And did he ever.

Ugh, sorry you pulled detention duty! *hugs*
                      Thanks! I have it everyday after school, but today there was this one punk kid who thought I wasn't paying attention to what time he could leave because I was looking for Taylor Swift concert tickets. He had to stay until 2:50. At 2:43, he starts, "So, uh, I can go, cause it's 2:45 now?"

"Nice try."

I hate jerks like that, trying to screw with me. So I remind them I'm only 7 years older than most of them, but I can still get them in trouble.

On topic: Sparky is awesome.

Comment

didn't Ellis say that Sheppard should be running atlantis in first strike and John was like "Well, then I’d be The Man, and who would I have to rage against?" definitely reminds me of o'neill.

Comment

Okay, this is part of the iPod drabble that I was talking about. This is the first time I've written a Ronan POV snippet. I still have 8 more songs to do, and a lot of people to write for.

Spoiler:
                          1) Selena Gomez, "Who Says"

It was hard for a grown man to accept praise when he was so accustomed to not hearing it through his life. He felt like he couldn't raise his expectations for his life because he would only be confronted with disappointed people, telling him that trying was a waste of his time and theirs. His father, the Air Force, his reflection in the mirror all told him that he wasn't worth it.

When a person begins to believe that, to live by that daily creed, it dictates their actions. It defines who they are.

So when he met a brown haired, green eyed woman in Antarctica who told him that he was important, his first reaction was to smirk.

He had carefully trained himself to seem unaffected when he would hear those comments. The smirk made him appear arrogant, cocky.

It hid the little boy inside, still looking for his father at a little league game.

It helped hide the agonizing satisfaction of finally being told by someone who knew his past that he was worth it.

And with that, John Sheppard started to rebuild his confidence.

2) Keith Urban, "Tonight I Wanna Cry"

He was a warrior; he didn't emit emotion.

No, he kept it buried deep inside him, inside the furthest reaches of what was left of his soul. Waking up every morning with the knowledge that his people, his family was gone, only made him colder. He stayed strong; he stayed in control.

Until a long lost friend betrayed him and, just to twist the knife permanently embedded in his gut, told him the fate of his people.

Unlike the people in this city, he had no photographs of his past. No proof that he ever was a part of something greater than himself until he arrived here. The scars engraved on his mind were the only remnants he had left.

If it wasn't for the Wraith, he might still have claim to something besides his stunner.

Today was another in a long series of unnecessary anniversaries to remind him of what he had lost. They could have been avoided, but no. He still keenly felt what happened to him.

He still drank until he passed out every year, on this date.

He wasn't sure how, but after passing out on the pier next to John, he woke up in his quarters, unsure of how he got there.

He was so tired. So tired of running, of hiding, of being the tough guy. Without anyone around, without a light shining on him from the moons outside, he slumped in his seat on the cot, laying his head in his hands.

Ronan Dex spent the rest of the night shedding his annual tears for the family, for the people whose lives were cut too short.

Comment

SGAFan recently posted an old fic of hers that addresses John's thoughts at the end of 38 Minutes. It's not shippy, but it does address this very train of thought.

No Regrets

Spoiler:

Awesome breakdown of that scene! It's a really beautiful beginning to their relationship.

Speaking of Rising, I also love this moment:

I read this fic once, that wasn't shippy but it was the thoughts of the military guys about John. In the fic, the military guys all distrusted him at first and assumed he was "Weir's @$@! toy". But really, I wonder what all the military guys DID think of him, his inclusion, and Elizabeth making him go on the mission to Athos.

Okay, this is part of the iPod drabble that I was talking about. This is the first time I've written a Ronan POV snippet. I still have 8 more songs to do, and a lot of people to write for.

Spoiler:
                            1) Selena Gomez, "Who Says"

It was hard for a grown man to accept praise when he was so accustomed to not hearing it through his life. He felt like he couldn't raise his expectations for his life because he would only be confronted with disappointed people, telling him that trying was a waste of his time and theirs. His father, the Air Force, his reflection in the mirror all told him that he wasn't worth it.

When a person begins to believe that, to live by that daily creed, it dictates their actions. It defines who they are.

So when he met a brown haired, green eyed woman in Antarctica who told him that he was important, his first reaction was to smirk.

He had carefully trained himself to seem unaffected when he would hear those comments. The smirk made him appear arrogant, cocky.

It hid the little boy inside, still looking for his father at a little league game.

It helped hide the agonizing satisfaction of finally being told by someone who knew his past that he was worth it.

And with that, John Sheppard started to rebuild his confidence.

2) Keith Urban, "Tonight I Wanna Cry"

He was a warrior; he didn't emit emotion.

No, he kept it buried deep inside him, inside the furthest reaches of what was left of his soul. Waking up every morning with the knowledge that his people, his family was gone, only made him colder. He stayed strong; he stayed in control.

Until a long lost friend betrayed him and, just to twist the knife permanently embedded in his gut, told him the fate of his people.

Unlike the people in this city, he had no photographs of his past. No proof that he ever was a part of something greater than himself until he arrived here. The scars engraved on his mind were the only remnants he had left.

If it wasn't for the Wraith, he might still have claim to something besides his stunner.

Today was another in a long series of unnecessary anniversaries to remind him of what he had lost. They could have been avoided, but no. He still keenly felt what happened to him.

He still drank until he passed out every year, on this date.

He wasn't sure how, but after passing out on the pier next to John, he woke up in his quarters, unsure of how he got there.

He was so tired. So tired of running, of hiding, of being the tough guy. Without anyone around, without a light shining on him from the moons outside, he slumped in his seat on the cot, laying his head in his hands.

Ronan Dex spent the rest of the night shedding his annual tears for the family, for the people whose lives were cut too short.
                            Wow, that's lovely!! Nicely done. Is it Ronan or Ronon? I always thought it was 2 o's? But poor guy *huggles him*

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              SGAFan recently posted an old fic of hers that addresses John's thoughts at the end of 38 Minutes. It's not shippy, but it does address this very train of thought.

No Regrets

Awesome breakdown of that scene! It's a really beautiful beginning to their relationship.

Speaking of Rising, I also love this moment:

I read this fic once, that wasn't shippy but it was the thoughts of the military guys about John. In the fic, the military guys all distrusted him at first and assumed he was "Weir's @$@! toy". But really, I wonder what all the military guys DID think of him, his inclusion, and Elizabeth making him go on the mission to Athos.

Wow, that's lovely!! Nicely done. Is it Ronan or Ronon? I always thought it was 2 o's? But poor guy *huggles him*
                              Ooh, yeah, you're right. It's Ronon. My hands braindeaded. They tend to do that when they've been signing all day.

And thanks!!!

Comment

Awesome little ficlets, SW! I just wanna go cuddle John and Ronon!

Ah, that would be Just Like the Richard Gere Movie, by Domenika Marzione (aka miss_porcupine on LJ). I love the military realism she injects into her stories; we got so little of that on the show itself.

It's Ronon. Two O's.

Comment

Working...
                                X