Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    How's Irene treating those on the East coast of the US of A?

Hope all are well!

++//++

As for 21,000th post I bring you the Most Angsty Moments in Stargate Atlantis. A fairly short list compared to the other two polls we did, but there were less entries so there.
    ---------------------------------------------

Next up we go to something more light and happy -> Most Humerous Moments in Stargate Atlantis
    Same rules apply once again, 5 choices to make, 2 have to be non-sparky.
    Deadline will be next week Saturday, the 3rd of September.
    21000 - WOW that's impressive!!!

There are so many Humorous moments HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE!!!!!
    sigpic
    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
      21000 - WOW that's impressive!!!
      Well, I've been actively around since 2004 so I guess that helps.

There are so many Humorous moments HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE!!!!!
      Well... make a list, then look at it again the next day and the day after that, and so on... and shift moments around, add a few, leave off a few and maybe you'll know which ones are your top 5 ones. It's something I would probably do if I couldn't choose.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Wow Falcon - 21,000 posts! Impressive!!

bow-down.gifkatetey_kiss.gifAddEmoticons00930.gif

Irene is coming to my area late tonight into tomorrow. I had to make a trip to the store but it wasn't crowded or crazy like I assumed it would be. I guess most people shopped earlier. Right now Irene is in SR's area. **sends hugs to SR** I'm not sure exactly where Pocus is, but it could be getting near her now as well. **hugs to Pocus**

Okay another sad(ish) one, but I like the colouring (or lack thereof) on this one Must admit a lot of the quotes I have are not particularly happy thoughts.

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/...Y/SPARKY01.jpg
        That is lovely! The black and white is really cool!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I've been thinking about that bolded part lately. I wonder how much of the continued popularity of Sparky has to do with just that. We have enjoyed reveling in the angst. S4-5 gave us such wonderful, emotional moments that no matter how angsty and horrible they were, just added to our ship and brought out to almost everybody how much John cared for her. Yeah, it might not have been wuv twoo wuv, but nobody could have watched and not realized that he cared deeply for her. And that was a win to us, considering that we'd been told time and time again that there was to be no ship between them.

We have lasting images on screen that confirm our feelings and those will never go away. Sparky FTW!
        I agree. I think there are some people (like me) who would have liked Sparky no matter what. But the angst of S4-5 brought over a whole lot of other people to the idea.

The bolded part? Oh, you know there are some.

Next up we go to something more light and happy -> Most Humerous Moments in Stargate Atlantis
        Very interesting results. Thanks again for putting these lists together, FH!

Humorous... hmm... I'll have to think about that one.

Comment

Looks like things are looking up.......turns out IO my cable provider got a brain and gave us BBCA totally changes my mood. RIVER/DOCTOR=LOVE
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

I've been thinking about that bolded part lately. I wonder how much of the continued popularity of Sparky has to do with just that. We have enjoyed reveling in the angst. S4-5 gave us such wonderful, emotional moments that no matter how angsty and horrible they were, just added to our ship and brought out to almost everybody how much John cared for her. Yeah, it might not have been wuv twoo wuv, but nobody could have watched and not realized that he cared deeply for her. And that was a win to us, considering that we'd been told time and time again that there was to be no ship between them.

We have lasting images on screen that confirm our feelings and those will never go away. Sparky FTW!
            There's a reason for the old saying: A picture is worth a thousand words.

As for 21,000th post I bring you the Most Angsty Moments in Stargate Atlantis. A fairly short list compared to the other two polls we did, but there were less entries so there.

Anyway, here they are:

1. Elizabeth sacrifices herself & John's reaction - Ghost in the Machine (2)
            2. John reacts to Elizabeth's condition - Adrift (2)
            3. Dream!Kate screaming for Teyla to help her - Doppelganger (2)
            4. Carson trying to carry the exploding tumor to be disposed of - Sunday (2)
            5. John screaming at Kolya not to kill Elizabeth - The Storm/The Eye
            6. Carson's memorial - Sunday
            7. John leaving Elizabeth behind - Lifeline
            8. Rodney almost destroying the planet with him and John on it - Trinity
            9. John saves Elizabeth after a standoff with Kolya - The Eye
            10. John stands alone in Elizabeth's office while she's in surgery - Adrift
            11. John's about to be Wraithified, but still manages to try to comfort Elizabeth even though a camera seperates them - Common Ground
            12. Rodney begging John to let Todd feed on him so Jeannie could be saved - Miller's Crossing
            13. The "goodbyes" on video at the end - Letters from Pegasus
            14. Teyla held captive by Michael, unable to free herself - The Kindred II
            15. Rodney left alone when his companion sacrifices himself after having crashed into the Lantean ocean - Grace Under Pressure
            16. Michael threatening Kate in her office with nothing more then a look - Michael

***//***

FCOL - I forgot!

Well, I would have gone with the first two plus Carson's memorial. Then I have a couple of different ones:

Teyla singing in Critical Mass
            Everyone gathered at Rodney's bedside as he dies in Tao of Rodney

This is the hardest poll for me because there are just a ton more I could have picked. Kind of goes along with the Sparky angst. Whether it was intentional or not, TPTB brought the angst to this show.
            sigpic
            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

We are in Southern PA and with how slow this thing is moving, we won't be getting any REAL stuff until late tonight. We do have a little bit of rain right now though. I think we are far enough inland to miss most of the significant stuff, although we have had so much rain recently that they are worried about trees falling over easily. *eyes the 50+ft trees on my property (over 60 of them)*
              sigpic

Comment

Hello all. Irene is indeed paying us a visit and will be for some time. She's huge and likely to be with us all night. I'm far enough inland that we don't expect much but lots of rain and some wind gusts. Hugs to everybody north of me.

All the polls are hard because if you really stop and think there are so very many moments for all the categories. I have found, though, that the Sparky moments do tend to be on the emotional side, whether it's angst or them arguing or just those special little long lingering looks that had so much feeling behind them. Feelings don't have to be shippy either. The two of them cared a lot about their city and their people and their emotions showed most when they were going through something together. Or when one of them was in danger. TRW comes to mind. John was almost mindless in his devotion to her there. Has anybody stopped to think who was running things? I know it was only 5 hours, but John never left her side and I'm willing to bet if somebody came to him with a problem he brushed them off.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  Wow Falcon - 21,000 posts! Impressive!!
                  Thank you. - Love the smilies!

Irene is coming to my area late tonight into tomorrow. I had to make a trip to the store but it wasn't crowded or crazy like I assumed it would be. I guess most people shopped earlier. Right now Irene is in SR's area. **sends hugs to SR** I'm not sure exactly where Pocus is, but it could be getting near her now as well. **hugs to Pocus**
                  To all, don't get blown away or have a tree fall on your head (that might hurt a bit)!

If you need Noah's number to loan his boat in case of flooding - don't ask me, I don't have it.

[QUOTE=JT-2;12868634]Very interesting results. Thanks again for putting these lists together, FH!

I like doing lists so this is fun!

Humorous... hmm... I'll have to think about that one.
                  I can think of a few...

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you're all having a great Sparky!Family Saturday, and that those of you getting hit by that wench Irene are doing well.

Gah! Darnit, I forgot the Angsty Moments poll! Oh well. I'm going to be rather busy for the next few days with painting and getting my new furniture delivered, so I probably won't even get to the Humorous Moments poll. But in any event...

Congratulations on 21,000 posts, Falcon Horus!

Thank you, I have so many more sad quotes and general ones as well that I think would work, it's trying to find the right pic for them that's the problem
                    Oh, I don't know...

Okay another sad(ish) one, but I like the colouring (or lack thereof) on this one Must admit a lot of the quotes I have are not particularly happy thoughts.

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/...Y/SPARKY01.jpg
                    ...I think you found some good pics for that one!

WORD. The angst may hurt, but as Tennyson once wrote, "'Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all." He sure had it right when it came to Sparky.

Hello all. Irene is indeed paying us a visit and will be for some time. She's huge and likely to be with us all night. I'm far enough inland that we don't expect much but lots of rain and some wind gusts. Hugs to everybody north of me.

All the polls are hard because if you really stop and think there are so very many moments for all the categories. I have found, though, that the Sparky moments do tend to be on the emotional side, whether it's angst or them arguing or just those special little long lingering looks that had so much feeling behind them. Feelings don't have to be shippy either. The two of them cared a lot about their city and their people and their emotions showed most when they were going through something together. Or when one of them was in danger. TRW comes to mind. John was almost mindless in his devotion to her there. Has anybody stopped to think who was running things? I know it was only 5 hours, but John never left her side and I'm willing to bet if somebody came to him with a problem he brushed them off.
                    Maybe John delegated to Lorne? After all, we already know from "The Lost Boys" that Lorne totally knows.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      WORD. The angst may hurt, but as Tennyson once wrote, "'Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all." He sure had it right when it came to Sparky.

Maybe John delegated to Lorne? After all, we already know from "The Lost Boys" that Lorne totally knows.
                      First part - that also applies to loving Sparky. Well, we didn't "lose" but we never had canon. You know what I mean.

Second part - Lorne totally knew! He knew in Condemned. He said "we'll find him". Then Elizabeth says "them" but Lorne knows which of "them" she's most concerned about.

I'm thinking of humorous moments. Sparky didn't have too many of them. They had tons of flirting, tons of support, tons of angst, tons of friendship, but not much humor. I've thought of 3 Sparky ones and 10 non-Sparky.

Comment

Sparky doesn't always have to come out on top.

Comment

Irene update. We're getting some strong winds. Half of one our neighbor's trees has fallen into our back yard but it didn't damage anything.

Comment

Bite your tongue, young lady!

I'm alive. We lost power for 10 hrs, and I'm just enjoying my first cup of coffee, so it's all good. No damage to anything except a few flowers and my tomato plant on the deck.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Moment of weakness, I swear. Have mercy?!

I'm alive. We lost power for 10 hrs, and I'm just enjoying my first cup of coffee, so it's all good. No damage to anything except a few flowers and my tomato plant on the deck.
                              Good to hear. Less good about the plants but at least it's only the plants.

Comment

I am glad you made it ok. We didn't lose power at all except for a few blips this morning. Lots of leaves plastered to the house and few branches down. I am not complaining. I just wish it could have been this easy for everyone.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X