Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    T-shirts would rock; Kris did some graphics and made up a t-shirt for herself and sent out the image files to interested parties. Want me to send you a copy?
    Send me one please!

I keep meaning to put together a list of Sparky fics that haven't been recced over at SG Fic Recs so I can volunteer for reccing duties, but I've been getting distracted by other things. And it's not going to get any better any time soon, what with painting my bedroom next week and getting my new bedroom furniture set hopefully the week after that. Busy times, argh.
    Good luck!

I've had success doing something similar to stop myself from sneezing; press a finger against your upper lip just under the nose, right between your nostrils. It may not always work, especially if you really, really need to sneeze, but it should give you a few extra moments to pull out a tissue to sneeze into.
    All you have to do is bite your lip - a pain impuls goes faster than a sneeze-impuls which basically means the brains forget to sneeze but will inform you that biting on your lip hurts.

Same goes for a headache, although the effect is only temporarily - hurt any part of your body for example bump your knee against a table and your brain will instantly forget about the headache.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Did somebody say "virtual cheesecake?" I'm not sure this is what you had in mind, but it never hurts.

YUM. I wasn't the one talking about cheesecake, but I'll definitely take one of those!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I realized that if the power goes out, for once we'll still be able to read in the dark thanks to our e-readers. At least until the battery runs out.
      Eeep!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Send me one please!
      You've got mail.

Good luck!
      Heh, I think I'm gonna need it, too! Thanks.

All you have to do is bite your lip - a pain impuls goes faster than a sneeze-impuls which basically means the brains forget to sneeze but will inform you that biting on your lip hurts.

Same goes for a headache, although the effect is only temporarily - hurt any part of your body for example bump your knee against a table and your brain will instantly forget about the headache.
      I've noticed that as well. We humans are built so weird, aren't we?
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Update for FH: Stay tuned on those files, my email is being a PITA right now.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I have time - must go try and play Halo anyway. Yesterday my Xbox announced it couldn't play the disk. Today I took it to the local game-store for cleaning so I'm hoping it works because I really, really, really love the game and Masterchief. I'm a Halo-addict to say the least.

Comment

I have time - must go try and play Halo anyway. Yesterday my Xbox announced it couldn't play the disk. Today I took it to the local game-store for cleaning so I'm hoping it works because I really, really, really love the game and Masterchief. I'm a Halo-addict to say the least.
            Ugh, the attachment is too big to send by email, I'll have to throw it up somewhere for you to download. In the meantime, now Windows Live Mail keeps trying to send the damn email every time it goes through the send/receive cycle. Ugh! How the heck do I tell it to cancel the email? I'm gonna have to switch back to Thunderbird. *headdesk*

ETA: Never mind, I figured it out. I think my brain's been fried by the heat and humidity.

ETA2: FH, check your email again.
            Last edited by Scary Kitty; 26 August 2011, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Ugh, the attachment is too big to send by email, I'll have to throw it up somewhere for you to download. In the meantime, now Windows Live Mail keeps trying to send the damn email every time it goes through the send/receive cycle. Ugh! How the heck do I tell it to cancel the email? I'm gonna have to switch back to Thunderbird. *headdesk*
              I have a dropbox... or you can upload it at sendspace (one of my fave places to upload stuff) or mediafire.

Comment

I have a dropbox... or you can upload it at sendspace (one of my fave places to upload stuff) or mediafire.
                *poke-poke* You've got mail.

Comment

New fic by quiet_jay

You Had To Be There

It's fluffy and sweet and the perfect pre-hurricane fic.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    New fic by quiet_jay

You Had To Be There

It's fluffy and sweet and the perfect pre-hurricane fic.
                    Seconding this rec! It's an awesomely fun little story! Go read it, everyone!

Comment

*poke-poke* You've got mail.
                      Yes, I have. Thank you.

Comment

I was fiddling with some software to see just what I could do with it and came up with this... I love the quote and the pic just not sure they should be together.

Thought I'd share anyway

sigpic
                        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

That's kinda sad...

Comment

That's kinda sad...
                            I know.. Sorry. Watched Sunday tonight and it kinda put me on a downer.

(which it shouldn't do cos I found out I'm going to be an Auntie again today!!)

I did a sad one for the David Hewlett/Rodney McKay thread as well... probably shouldn't watch the sad episodes when I'm lonely.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                              (which it shouldn't do cos I found out I'm going to be an Auntie again today!!)
                              Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations!
                                Thanks... though my 2 1/2 year old niece wasn't too impressed that she is going to be a big sister and my 8 year old Daughter hopes it's a boy so it won't play with her I'm looking forwards to it though

I have found some fantastic Sparky quotes, just need the pics to go with them (and some artistic ability would be helpful too )

Need a cheery episode to watch now.... anyone got any suggestions (sparky optional but appreciated)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X