No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the SGU news: I'm not really surprised too. Never really fell in love with one of the characters. Storyline was sometimes overly boring and totally stretched out and far fetched. In Belgium the 3rd run of SGA reruns got more viewers than the new SGU eps.
    And then one of the showrunners telling the 'old' fans that they don't need them... yeah... talk about kicking in your own windows...
    It's sad for the cast and the crew who totally believed in it and I do hope they find something else (and better) soon.
    Only one way to keep the true spirit of Stargate alive: ATLANTIS RISING!!!!

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
    I don't believe that GW will be shutting down. This show has been running for 17 years and the fandom is still very much alive.
    There will be always news about Stargate actors, Conventions, Interviews, SciFi, Stargate books, etc.
    To make a comparison, many Star Trek websites/forums are still alive, with people discussing about episodes aired years and years ago.
    So ... I wouldn't worry
    And, just in case, we have LiveJournal and SGARising.com to stick togethere
    I hope GW will stick around. It's not my fav SG fan site (as they are sometimes biased towards certain actors/characters/pairings) but it is a great source of information and of course, it holds my favorite thread
    But if GW does disappear, I don't think it'll be much of a problem to put up a forum on sgarising.com

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      On the SGU news: I'm not really surprised too. Never really fell in love with one of the characters. Storyline was sometimes overly boring and totally stretched out and far fetched. In Belgium the 3rd run of SGA reruns got more viewers than the new SGU eps.
      And then one of the showrunners telling the 'old' fans that they don't need them... yeah... talk about kicking in your own windows...
      It's sad for the cast and the crew who totally believed in it and I do hope they find something else (and better) soon.

I hope GW will stick around. It's not my fav SG fan site (as they are sometimes biased towards certain actors/characters/pairings) but it is a great source of information and of course, it holds my favorite thread
      But if GW does disappear, I don't think it'll be much of a problem to put up a forum on sgarising.com
      I don't think GW is going anywhere as long as there are people who want to talk to other people about the 3 shows. But yeah, we will find a home if it does. It would actually be nice to lose a few restrictions.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I don't think GW is going anywhere as long as there are people who want to talk to other people about the 3 shows. But yeah, we will find a home if it does. It would actually be nice to lose a few restrictions.
        Heh, when you put it like that....
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          You know, with SGU canceled there is apparently talk about Gateworld shutting down eventually after the final 10 episodes air. That got me thinking, do you guys all hang out somewhere else online aswell? Because I'd kind of hate to miss out on this thread because of SGU not getting another season.
          Hmm. I suppose there's always been that risk, but I doubt GW will be going anywhere for at least a while longer.

Long live ATLANTIS RISING!

Heh! Very true.

*snickers* That it would.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Long live ATLANTIS RISING!
            And AU Ancient Dohickeys....I think....I can't spell oh....and Sparky

BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

It's been pretty quiet around here. We're busy working on SGARising and getting ready for the holidays. Oh and Probie groped hugged Joe in Sweden. And he passed out our cards and told people he supported SGARising and that we "showed a lot of initiative". That's all . You didn't miss anything important.
              It was my duty. Not a pleasure to hug him and talk to him......I'm lying. I want to do another con. I'm an addict now.

I hope GW won't disappear. I don't want to lose my Sparky family but I'm sure if it's the case, we will find a new place.
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                It was my duty. Not a pleasure to hug him and talk to him......I'm lying. I want to do another con. I'm an addict now.

I hope GW won't disappear. I don't want to lose my Sparky family but I'm sure if it's the case, we will find a new place.
                Suuurrreee. When you were standing there in his arms I'm sure you were wishing he'd let go of you. Aren't you glad Joe doesn't have the same problem with being hugged that John does? LOL
                sigpic

Comment

Suuurrreee. When you were standing there in his arms I'm sure you were wishing he'd let go of you. Aren't you glad Joe doesn't have the same problem with being hugged that John does? LOL
                  I was thinking "Hey don't put your hands on my butt".....or it was what he said to me. Don't remember.lol
                  Yes I'm glad he doesn't have this problem. I still can feel him.lol
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Well from what I hear Joe is a big teddy bear. And what I have learned f(rom you guys maybe) apparently he let a woman touch his hair (which I totally wanna do). So you are 100% guarenteed to grope the Flanigan when you meet him!
                    BALCONIES
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                      Well from what I hear Joe is a big teddy bear. And what I have learned f(rom you guys maybe) apparently he let a woman touch his hair (which I totally wanna do). So you are 100% guarenteed to grope the Flanigan when you meet him!
                      Very true. And he gropes right back. In fact sometimes he starts it. LOL
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh really now *goes searching for when Joe comes back to New York for Comic Con so I can be groped too* Now wonder they casted Joe as John Sheppard, he loves them ladies
                        BALCONIES
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay, in case I ever meet him, I know to stay far out of his way cause I really don't like people coming into my personal space. I know, weird... Neil Roberts caught me off guard once and then got squeezed in between Jonathan Woodward and Neil Roberts. My brain sorta stopped working by that point...
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So the plot bunnies attacked me today while watching Hot Zone, let's just say you are all going to have a Kinky!Sparky fic for Christmas from me
                            BALCONIES
                            sigpic

Comment

Fic pic while I'm working on my real stories!

In honor of Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!!!

Once upon a time, in a far away galaxy:

convinced to come to Pegasus.

Then

Then they had to start telling the people on Atlantis to

Then they started telling people that

Then they got married, then

... and then they lived happily ever after!

All smilie credits go to zuz!!!
                              Last edited by ShipperWriter; 18 December 2010, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Speaking of zuz's smilies and how wonderful she is:

Here's the link to all the John smilies I snurched (including a skateboarding smilie)

Here's the link to all the Elizabeth smilies I snurched (there's one of Liz and Sedge too)

Sparky Smilies

And just some random Atlantis smilies

Cuz a picture's worth a thousand words, and with the smilies being so expressive and ... yeah, I'm getting back to work now, I know, I know!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X