Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    As I was walking out of the bar and around the elevators, I suddenly recognized something very recognizable.

TBC
    And? AND?!?

You shameless tease, you.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Fedcon report: part 02

Teh Hair!! It was Teh Hair!!!!
      But I wanted to make sure, so I walked closer and I was right
      There he was in full glory: Joe Flanigan, two glasses of beer in his hands and talking to some fans.
      Inwardly I freaked out
      So, I patiently and kindly waited for him to finish his conversation with those people (I don't like to barge into a conversation, but others aren't so patiently and friendly as I would later find out for myself) and when he finally walked away from them I took my chance.
      This was sorta our conversation (an actual conversation!!!!!!) after the usual handshake and hi, how are you doing? And I'm also leaving out the continues interruptions by others (honestly, can't you see we're talking here? Frak off!!)

Me: I don't know if you remember, but you talked to someone about season 6 at the Burbank convention.
      Joe: (blank look for a moment) Yeah I think I remember. (I think he was just being friendly, sorry SK)
      (this is the one interruption that I will put in here)
      Random guy: (walks over to Joe) blablabla and... euhm (he turns to me and starts in German about translating something)
      Me: Sorry, I don't speak German (I do understand it but anyway)
      Joe: (a beat later while pointing at me) She's American.
      Me: (grins - people have told me before that I have an American accent But now even Joe confirmed it )
      Ranom guy and Joe continue talking.
      Me: (after random guy fraks off and Joe turns back to me) Well, we're actually writing the entire sixth season.
      Joe: (laughs) good luck with that.
      Me: Yeah, it's a big project, but I'd like to bounce some storylines off of you, to see if you like them or not and maybe get your input. If you have a couple if minutes to spare of course.
      Joe: (nods) I have a couple of minutes.
      Me: Cool. So the biggest change is that we'll be bringing Elizabeth back in a big mid-season two-parter. The real Elizabeth as in Torri and not the replicator version.
      Joe: That's good. I like Torri, you should bring her back.
      Me: She won't be taking command again though as that will still be Woolsey's job. Instead she'll be joining your team.
      Joe: (weird undefinable look) My team? Why?
      Me: To keep you out of trouble.
      Joe: (ponders) I could use that.
      Me: And to keep your team out of trouble. She'll be joining you and doing the things she does best: first contact with other cultures and aliens, translating ancient or Wraith writing you come across, talk you guys out of trouble.
      Joe: (nods) That's a good idea. I like that.
      Me: Then there's the episode where Ronon becomes an empath.
      Joe: (confused) Empath?
      Me: Yeah, he's able to sense how others are feeling.
      Joe: (smiling) So Ronon get's all sensitive?
      Me: Yup.
      Joe: (laughing) that should be fun
      Me: we're also planning a groundhog day-like episode for Rodney.
      Joe: (confused again) Groundhog day?
      Me: Yeah, he relives the same day over and over.
      Joe: Cool.
      Me: So, off the top of my head (for the one friggin' time I leave my bag in the room with the info in it) that's some of the things we're working on.
      Joe: I like it. From what I hear it promises to be really good. But don't forget to give me some screentime.
      Me: (Doh!!) No, of course not, you get a couple of episode that center around you, but like I said, this was just off the top of my head and I don't know it all by heart. But there will be 22 episodes and there will be that revolve around you and your character development.
      Joe: That's good, but you have to stay realistic about getting it produced.
      Me: Oh, I know, the chance that we'll ever actually see it on screen is very close to zero, but that won't stop us from trying.
      Joe: And I wish you the best of luck with that.
      (this conversation got interrupted like six, seven times, but Joe was so sweet, cause every time he came back to me and apologized for the interruption and every time I said that it wasn't a problem.)

After that we talked some more with people that interrupted us and then two girls clung to him. I stayed around for a while, talking in general about stuff, but they kept getting in between. But I did learn that he had just come from Paris where he had spend two days and that one of his best friends is the drummer from 'Rage against the machine' and that he had invited him with his wife and kids to a concert which Joe found silly, because you simply don't take your kids to a concert like that. Chances are they'll end up asking: "Daddy, why did that man say the f-word so many times?"
      But I got tired of the girls and more people joined us, so I bid Joe a good night and said: "I'll see you tomorrow."
      He nodded and then said: "Hey, give Sheppard a girlfriend, would you?"
      Me: (all mysterious) We're working on it.
      Joe: (grins) Cool, see you tomorrow.
      Me: Definitely, see you then.

So that was it. I completely freaked out in my room after that
      And that was only the first day
      Tomorrow there is a photoshoot planned with Joe and David & Joe and David. And I can't help but wonder if Joe will remember me And one of the last panels of the day is also Joe

I should get to bed now as it's 430 AM and the alarm will go off around 0700 *headdesk*
      Me need more sleep I should look awake for the photoshoot tomorrow
      Last edited by KrisRussel; 30 April 2010, 06:44 PM.

Sig by me

Comment

Kris! Somehow I think he'll remember you. And our SS6. And he likes our ideas! Yay! And he wants a girlfriend. It sounds like he's not thinking about anybody in particular. LOL

Have a great time tomorrow. And tell him I'll see him in Chicago.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

WHOO HOO!!!

Joe likes SS6! *does a victory dance*

"Hey, give Sheppard a girlfriend, would you?"

Oh, don't worry, Joe, we're working on it. And he digs Elizabeth joining the team and the Ronon the empath story! Heehee!

Have fun tomorrow, and enjoy the photo ops!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

YAY!!!

YOU MET JOE IN FLESH AND BLOOD!!!

Comment

Kris: LOL This is funny. You seem to have no problem talking to him. It's cool. Love the fact it likes the season 6. Can't wait to read the rest of your report.
              Rage against the machine is a cool band but with his kids.......Jeez. I want to be adopted by him.lol Now I have the song "Killing in the name of" in my head. I'm not suprised to read he was in France. GO IN THE EAST!!!!!!lol
              Last edited by Probie; 01 May 2010, 02:30 AM.
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Kris sounds like Joe's a nice fellow. Yeah, taking small kids to see Rage is a bit out there. But I saw Chicago at the Cadillac Palace and some guy brought his small kids. I thought it was weird, but different spanks for different ranks and all that jazz.

Probie please see off topic spoiler below.

Spoiler:
                As a more experienced guitar player, maybe you can help me. When I need to alternate pick, I have problems with the upstrokes. My pick (I use a medium) seems to get caught on a string or two and I end up skipping some strings. I've tried changing my grip and arm position but nothing seems to be working.
                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Kris: LOL This is funny. You seem to have no problem talking to him. It's cool. Love the fact it likes the season 6. Can't wait to read the rest of your report.
                  Rage against the machine is a cool band but with his kids.......Jeez. I want to be adopted by him.lol Now I have the song "Killing in the name of" in my head. I'm not suprised to read he was in France. GO IN THE EAST!!!!!!lol
                  You should have gone to Paris. You might run into him on the street. Haha.

I wonder if he brought his family with him to Bonn. Looks like they're taking a little vacay. And I think we can safely say from Kris's account of how people harass constantly come up to him, that Joe is a very nice and patient person.

And he likes our ideas, so he is obviously very intelligent. But now I'm really nervous about writing the Ronon story.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                    Kris sounds like Joe's a nice fellow. Yeah, taking small kids to see Rage is a bit out there. But I saw Chicago at the Cadillac Palace and some guy brought his small kids. I thought it was weird, but different spanks for different ranks and all that jazz.

Spoiler:
                    As a more experienced guitar player, maybe you can help me. When I need to alternate pick, I have problems with the upstrokes. My pick (I use a medium) seems to get caught on a string or two and I end up skipping some strings. I've tried changing my grip and arm position but nothing seems to be working.
                    I can't help sorry. I have the same problem. And I think we started guitar at the same moment. The more experienced guitar player is Fionnait.
                    Sorry again.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    You should have gone to Paris. You might run into him on the street. Haha.

I wonder if he brought his family with him to Bonn. Looks like they're taking a little vacay. And I think we can safely say from Kris's account of how people harass constantly come up to him, that Joe is a very nice and patient person.

And he likes our ideas, so he is obviously very intelligent. But now I'm really nervous about writing the Ronon story.
                    Why I don't live in Paris?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                      *peeks in*
                      *waves*
                      greetings from LA!
                      I got here safe and sound and now am just waiting for my friend to get here...and then it's time to find food...I'm starving! lol
                      Have fun in LA!!!! And talk to Torri about season 6

Spoiler:
                      He is so very nice... especially since he keeps apologizing to me... even today (more on that later ).
                      And yeah, I don't blame him for not wanting to take his kids to that concert... I wouldn't do that either.

OT on the guitar
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm "experienced" with acoustic guitar but usually only use my fingers to play. I barely ever use a pick, so sorry, can't help you with that either

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

I don't think he brought his family along, cause apparently he stayed in the bar until very very late (or early, depending how you look at it). I don't think he'd stay downstairs, drinking beer for that long with his family upstairs. If I get to talk to him again, I'll ask him what he was doing in Paris

Oh, don't feel nervous. You're an awesome writer. You'll do just fine

Sig by me

Comment

Before I finally be constructive on my last day off, please see OT spoiler. gateraid if you're out there buddy, you'll want to to give it a look see.

Spoiler:
                        Y'll gals had your hunkies, but vote in this poll about bombshells. Not a bad list, but I'd trade out J-Lo, Jolie, Penelope Cruz, and Dita Von Teese for Maureen O'Hara, Ingrid Bergman, Audrey Hepburn, and Marlene Dietrich. And where's Veronica Lake, Lauren Bacall, Vivien Leigh, Farrah Faucet, Betty Grable? I'm not usre who to vote for!
                        Last edited by pkprd869; 01 May 2010, 06:15 AM.
                        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Fedcon report part 03.

Saturday
                          So, I slept less than 2 hours, which really isn't a good idea, cause I'm feeling like a zombie right now and it's only 1545h. Hopefully I'll be able to catch some more shut eye tonight.

So, we got up at 0700h, got ready, went for breakfast and then went for the first photo-op for the day, which was Gordon Michael Woolvet (Andromeda). He's such a sweet guy. He asked me if I had a lot of sleep and I told him that I barely had two hours. Then a couple of hours later at his signing booth, he asks me if I'm feeling more awake yet or if the two hours are still bothering me. I love him And he's cute

Anyway... I also went to get the photo-op pictures that were taken the day before and surprisingly they all turned out quite nicely.

After that one photoshoot, I went to some panels, some more photoshoots, some more panels. And then it was finally 1230h, which meant it was time for the autograph session.
                          First up was Joe I was totally thinking: 'he won't remember me. He'll just look at me with a blank face.'
                          Then I got up to him and handed him over my photos and DVD's. He gave me a smile and while he was signing said: "I'm so sorry we didn't get to talk more yesterday."
                          Inwardly I was going: 'Squuuueeee!!!!' Outwardly, I stayed totally cool and just said: "No problem, I know how insane the bar and the party can get. But if you want more info on what we're doing with the season." And I took out the papers that I had prepared (remember I forgot my bag the day before to the bar). "You can read up on it."
                          He was totally surprised and said: "You want to give that to me?"
                          I said. "Sure, it's not like it's my only copy."
                          So he took it and said: "I'll definitely read it." (Yay!!)
                          Me: "Thanks, I'll see you later at the photoshoot.""
                          He gave me another smile and said: "Yeah, see you then."

There were some more actors that I went to, before finally landing at David's booth. He was totally sweet and also one of the few that personalized stuff. (they normally aren't allowed to do that, but some say: frak it and do it anyway )
                          So, while he was signing, I asked him: "At the 4th of July parade last year (and he already started laughing) you dressed up as Sheppard and you wife dressed up as Weir. Was that your way of hinting that you support that ship?"
                          He laughed again: "I just thought it'd be fun. And I dressed my kid up as McKay."
                          Me: "Yeah, loads of people online find it hilarious that McKay is Sheppard and Weir's kid."
                          He laughed again, but before either of us could say more, the lady next to him was telling him he had to hurry up more, so I had to leave

So, went to get a couple more autographs and right now I have a free moment, but I should get going as Gareth David Loyd (Torchwood) will be on stage in a couple of minutes.

Photo-op with Joe and David will be around 1830h and I'm totally looking forward to that
                          Obviously

I'll try to talk about it before I go to bed (which will hopefully be earlier then yesterday).

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                            Fedcon report part 03.

Saturday
                            So, I slept less than 2 hours, which really isn't a good idea, cause I'm feeling like a zombie right now and it's only 1545h. Hopefully I'll be able to catch some more shut eye tonight.

So, we got up at 0700h, got ready, went for breakfast and then went for the first photo-op for the day, which was Gordon Michael Woolvet (Andromeda). He's such a sweet guy. He asked me if I had a lot of sleep and I told him that I barely had two hours. Then a couple of hours later at his signing booth, he asks me if I'm feeling more awake yet or if the two hours are still bothering me. I love him And he's cute

Anyway... I also went to get the photo-op pictures that were taken the day before and surprisingly they all turned out quite nicely.

After that one photoshoot, I went to some panels, some more photoshoots, some more panels. And then it was finally 1230h, which meant it was time for the autograph session.
                            First up was Joe I was totally thinking: 'he won't remember me. He'll just look at me with a blank face.'
                            Then I got up to him and handed him over my photos and DVD's. He gave me a smile and while he was signing said: "I'm so sorry we didn't get to talk more yesterday."
                            Inwardly I was going: 'Squuuueeee!!!!' Outwardly, I stayed totally cool and just said: "No problem, I know how insane the bar and the party can get. But if you want more info on what we're doing with the season." And I took out the papers that I had prepared (remember I forgot my bag the day before to the bar). "You can read up on it."
                            He was totally surprised and said: "You want to give that to me?"
                            I said. "Sure, it's not like it's my only copy."
                            So he took it and said: "I'll definitely read it." (Yay!!)
                            Me: "Thanks, I'll see you later at the photoshoot.""
                            He gave me another smile and said: "Yeah, see you then."

There were some more actors that I went to, before finally landing at David's booth. He was totally sweet and also one of the few that personalized stuff. (they normally aren't allowed to do that, but some say: frak it and do it anyway )
                            So, while he was signing, I asked him: "At the 4th of July parade last year (and he already started laughing) you dressed up as Sheppard and you wife dressed up as Weir. Was that your way of hinting that you support that ship?"
                            He laughed again: "I just thought it'd be fun. And I dressed my kid up as McKay."
                            Me: "Yeah, loads of people online find it hilarious that McKay is Sheppard and Weir's kid."
                            He laughed again, but before either of us could say more, the lady next to him was telling him he had to hurry up more, so I had to leave

So, went to get a couple more autographs and right now I have a free moment, but I should get going as Gareth David Loyd (Torchwood) will be on stage in a couple of minutes.

Photo-op with Joe and David will be around 1830h and I'm totally looking forward to that
                            Obviously

I'll try to talk about it before I go to bed (which will hopefully be earlier then yesterday).
                            He's going to read about our SS6. Oh dear Lord. I'm glad he'll get to see how professional and serious we are. And maybe he'll see stuff he likes.

Enjoy the photo op.
                            sigpic

Comment

And now I'm glad that my role is to make coffee and handle SR and not to be a writer.lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                                More guitar OT
                                Spoiler:
                                I have never been able to play with a pick. It keeps on catching the stings or falls out of my hand or watnot. Just ditch the stupid thing and play with your fingers! This was actually the reason why I was never interested in playing electical guitar, but I have learned a while ago that Mark Knopfler plays his even his electical without a pick. So, who needs the stupid things? I wish I could afford an electical ever since I've known that you can play them without pick...

@Kris: Thanks for the reports on the Con!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Working...
                                X