Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by america126 View Post
    Though I Might Be Really Busy
    Member since january 2013 and only 59 posts... unless you play around in off-topic a lot I'd say you've forgotten about Gateworld before.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and to all in the US and those who celebrate, Happy Thanksgiving!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hope you're all recovering from last night's food coma, and avoiding the insanity at your local mall!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hope you're all recovering from last night's food coma, and avoiding the insanity at your local mall!
          No problems there. I had to work today.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I just discovered a youtube account with atlantis episodes. It's been so long since I've watched I've watched some s1/s2 eps. Okay, some of the acting and effects is a bit off in places, but geez, they made a really good fist of the storylines back then.

Since this is the sparky thread, one of the not-so-random eps I watched was The Eye. O just love how Sheppard's voice changes after he shoots Kolya. It's so soft and caring, guess that's why the character takes her hand before they run up the stairs
            sigpic

Comment

And......

I think I know where we can get another nuke
              eyesex
              Colonel Irritating-Voice-but-otherwise-acceptable-character Everett eyerolls

Major, I don't know how sympathetic the Genii will be to our situation
              sigpic

Comment

(from Seige II)

wtf.jpg

Elizabeth, we can't stay here
                Hold it right there Carson. I can't take anything you say seriously with that moustache.

Sidenote: I love how Torri played this episode. And Joe. And Rachel. And David. And Rainbow (he really stepped it up after LFP, although he had set the bar pretty low prior to that). It's all the subtle things that make you realise they actually cared about their craft, like Weir not dropping her head - not even a little bit - when she was blindfolded. Teyla being just the right amount of angry, and just the right amount of contrite, about Sgt Bates's situation. Weir giving the 50:50 facial expression of my skin crawling could power the city shield:I still have to work with you to Everett's "I still owe you a drink".

Plus you gotta hand it to Gero, he did a great job with that story and script. Gero and Wright. Love those guys. For now......................
                sigpic

Comment

Two scenes back to back in Siege III:

Rodney & Teyla in the ZPM room. They leave, with McKay looking for his sidearm as he walks away and throwing his hands in the air. I never noticed it at the time, but it's a great piece of continuity to their previous scene.

Next scene: Well I'm home. Bla bla. Hug. Gero, you're awesome. I'll wanna kill you as the years go by, but that bit was gold. Accidental sparky gold
                  sigpic

Comment

S2x03: Runner (for our Auburn Beauty)

weapon.jpg

Lorne: Colonel? Are you okay? I heard a weapon discharge
                    Sheppard: Well I'm trying, Major. I'm instituting radio silence while I lie back and continue to think of Elizabeth England
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams and congrats to Virginia Tech, Air Force, and Navy, for drawing first blood yesterday with wins against their opponents! Stay tuned for the weekly round-up for more details.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      I just discovered a youtube account with atlantis episodes. It's been so long since I've watched I've watched some s1/s2 eps. Okay, some of the acting and effects is a bit off in places, but geez, they made a really good fist of the storylines back then.
                      Welcome back! Ahh, I should probably go watch some classic Atlantis.

Since this is the sparky thread, one of the not-so-random eps I watched was The Eye. O just love how Sheppard's voice changes after he shoots Kolya. It's so soft and caring, guess that's why the character takes her hand before they run up the stairs
                      *melts into a puddle of happy goo*

And......

I think I know where we can get another nuke
                      eyesex
                      Colonel Irritating-Voice-but-otherwise-acceptable-character Everett eyerolls

Major, I don't know how sympathetic the Genii will be to our situation

Two scenes back to back in Siege III:

Rodney & Teyla in the ZPM room. They leave, with McKay looking for his sidearm as he walks away and throwing his hands in the air. I never noticed it at the time, but it's a great piece of continuity to their previous scene.

Next scene: Well I'm home. Bla bla. Hug. Gero, you're awesome. I'll wanna kill you as the years go by, but that bit was gold. Accidental sparky gold
                      The accidental moments always seemed to be the best.

S2x03: Runner (for our Auburn Beauty)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40233[/ATTACH]

Lorne: Colonel? Are you okay? I heard a weapon discharge
                      Sheppard: Well I'm trying, Major. I'm instituting radio silence while I lie back and continue to think of Elizabeth England
                      OMG. *dies laughing*

Comment

Hi all, I'm back from spending Thanksgiving with my brother and was checking Twitter when I ran into this. It's a short article about JF's panel at the recent Ottawa con and contained this paragraph. I am stunned and speechless, so I will leave it for ya'll to decide what to think.

Spoiler:
                        It not go unnoticed by the audience that Joe’s character went through the entire series in a perpetual state of bachelorhood. There had been an early romance with Dr. Elizabeth Weir, played by Torri Higginson, but the producers hadnt thought the two had enough on-screen chemistry. Joe disagreed however, saying he’d felt that there had been a good contrast between the characters (one very serious, the other not-so-much); He’d been very upset when she’d left the show. Joe discussed other relationship options (he would have been open to something with Jewel Staite’s character), and noted that he doubted the writers would ever have let him consummate a relationship with one of the regular females on the show: “The key is always having that balance. Nothing is kinda sexier than two people working together, pretending they don’t like each other.” He did however note that he wished his character could have “Kirked-out” a little bit. For a bachelor, his character had surprisingly few romantic encounters. He admitted trying to pitch something along those lines a few time
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Wuh? There "had been"????
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            ... I am stunned and speechless, so I will leave it for ya'll to decide what to think.
                            Let me see...

Spoiler:
                            There had been an early romance with Dr. Elizabeth Weir, played by Torri Higginson, but the producers hadnt thought the two had enough on-screen chemistry. Joe disagreed however, saying he’d felt that there had been a good contrast between the characters (one very serious, the other not-so-much); He’d been very upset when she’d left the show.
                            Wait... Sparky was canon but TPTW didn't think there was enough chemistry between them?!? EXCUSE ME?!?

They had brilliant chemistry together... It's one of the reasons I ship Sparky in the first place, cause of that chemistry they had together. If it hadn't been there, I wouldn't have bothered.

Spoiler:
                            Joe discussed other relationship options (he would have been open to something with Jewel Staite’s character)...
                            Now that's just silly...

Spoiler:
                            ...and noted that he doubted the writers would ever have let him consummate a relationship with one of the regular females on the show: “The key is always having that balance. Nothing is kinda sexier than two people working together, pretending they don’t like each other.”
                            There were four to choose from: Elizabeth, Teyla, Keller and Carter.

If his name had been McKay instead, he might have gotten lucky with at least two out of those four.

Spoiler:
                            He did however note that he wished his character could have “Kirked-out” a little bit. For a bachelor, his character had surprisingly few romantic encounters. He admitted trying to pitch something along those lines a few time
                            He flirted with Chaya... and err... who else?

They probably thought he was a monk, or at the very least sworn an oath of celibacy.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Hi all, I'm back from spending Thanksgiving with my brother and was checking Twitter when I ran into this. It's a short article about JF's panel at the recent Ottawa con and contained this paragraph. I am stunned and speechless, so I will leave it for ya'll to decide what to think.

Spoiler:
                              It not go unnoticed by the audience that Joe’s character went through the entire series in a perpetual state of bachelorhood. There had been an early romance with Dr. Elizabeth Weir, played by Torri Higginson, but the producers hadnt thought the two had enough on-screen chemistry. Joe disagreed however, saying he’d felt that there had been a good contrast between the characters (one very serious, the other not-so-much); He’d been very upset when she’d left the show. Joe discussed other relationship options (he would have been open to something with Jewel Staite’s character), and noted that he doubted the writers would ever have let him consummate a relationship with one of the regular females on the show: “The key is always having that balance. Nothing is kinda sexier than two people working together, pretending they don’t like each other.” He did however note that he wished his character could have “Kirked-out” a little bit. For a bachelor, his character had surprisingly few romantic encounters. He admitted trying to pitch something along those lines a few time
                              Holy guacamole!

Wuh? There "had been"????
                              Yeah, what he said!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Let me see...

Wait... Sparky was canon but TPTW didn't think there was enough chemistry between them?!? EXCUSE ME?!?

They had brilliant chemistry together... It's one of the reasons I ship Sparky in the first place, cause of that chemistry they had together. If it hadn't been there, I wouldn't have bothered.
                              Amen.

Now that's just silly...
                              Agreed. Glad that didn't happen.

If his name had been McKay instead, he might have gotten lucky with at least two out of those four.
                              Indeed. Teacher's pet, and all that.

They probably thought he was a monk, or at the very least sworn an oath of celibacy.
                              Let's see, there was Teer from "Epiphany," and that princess (Mara, I think her name was?) from "The Tower." Anyone else?

Comment

Let me see...

I wonder if that isn't a bit of a flub in the way that it is written? To me, that bit seems more like the writer's opinion, and more like he/she means TPTW were dropping some anvils. I doubt that TPTW would have said something like that, and I'd be surprised if Joe did either. But regarding the chemistry observation, I do think TPTW discussed sparky, and I'm sure that was one of the arguments against the pairing. I'm sure they discussed it after s1. After all, they did break up Simon & Elizabeth.

Now that's just silly...
                                Agreed. But my opinion of it is clouded by the fact that the way they portrayed the characters initially, it seemed like there was a 10 year, possibly 15 year age gap between the two of them.

Elizabeth: discounted due to.....them having some reservations about weir's popularity

Teyla: that was the plan, but I think they got second thoughts at the end of s1, and when they saw the Teyla/Ronon chemistry, they probably figured they'd see how things played out with that first (so, tease) then hook Sheppard and Teyla up in the last half of whenever their last season was going to be

Keller: Perhaps it was discussed early on, but in s4 they hinted at Ronon/Keller in Quarantine, which is probably where they originally wanted to go.

Carter: that's a no go. Aside from the non-frat regs, it would have majorly annoyed the Sam/Jack shippers.

If they had cast Joe as Rodney, I'd have been on Team McWeir

Chaya, Teer, blonde Tower girl, PhDD in Inferno (what? I'm not criticising them for hiring a big boobed actor - because women do have big boobs sometimes - but their costume choice made it seem like they'd hired her specifically for that reason. Not to mention John and Rodney's childish behaviour), Larrin
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X