Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hive thoughts.

Spoiler:
    Not going to say much but gotta give this shallow comment about how pretty Elizabeth looked. Honestly, she's getting more and more beautiful with each episode.....*off to dream for two minutes*

*back again*

Found a lot of funny moments in this episode like the Knives scene and the one in the Infirmary [Rodney:.. or just kill me now! Carson: (under his breath) I wish] - heh. Liked some of the effects and there were good character moments.

After the last scene, it would be something if in Allies they end up forming an alliance with a breakaway Wraith group

I didn't add anything J/E-related did I.... hmm nothing caught my eye except the nice moment where both laid eyes on each other when John stepped through the gate.

Comment

Let me add my own 'Hive' thoughts to Vixen's....

Spoiler:

These are random...

*Really nice episode. Very well done. Enjoyed it much more than 'The Lost Boys'.

* Teyla and Ronon are continuing to be shown a lot, lot together in virtually every episode since his arrival. And let me just add-these two really understand each other.

*David Hewlett was fantastic on the wraith!crack! Kudos to him for a marvelous bit of acting.

* If Teyla's shirt gets any smaller, it'll be her bra.

* Nice bit of Elizabeth and Carson true affection for Rodney.

* Makeup must absolutely hate putting Elizabeth in red lipstick to match her red shirt. I don't know if they think it makes her look to harsh or slutesque or what. Either that or they got a really good deal on passion pink.

* John's continued loyalty to Ford is very nice. I wish I wanted him to hang around as much but at least he wasn't so grinding to me in this ep. He had a couple of nice moments.

* John's intelligence is awesome at times! So smart! I love how he thinks on his feet and outsmarts the wraith! Just another piece of the puzzle that makes him perfect for Elizabeth imo. Not everyone could see it in him or appreciate it-I think she can and does. She realized right away that what John had discovered about them gave them an edge in dealing with them-not a military one but perhaps a diplomatic-strategic one. *winks to you Elizabeth* I caught that little 'think about that' glance you gave caldwell when you said your last line.

* The special effects with the darts in space were beyond excellent for tv! Hats off to all the special effect guys. The upclose dart was awful-the scenes in this one made up for it.

* Rodney really wants to *be* Shep at times. Really looks up to him on a lot of levels. I like their brother/brother vibe that goes on sometimes.

* I hate clowns too. Always have. If they're not the scariest thing to a little kid, I don't know what is. I'd like to stomp them all.

* John with the 19 year old girl was just...nothin. He wasn't the least turned on or taken by her or her ploy. Yay! John acting his age and intelligence is GOOD.

* How many times DID Elizabeth ask specifically about 'John/Sheppard'? I counted four!? Dang, woman. Could you be any clearer on your special feelings for the man? *loves you*

* If she'd have been allowed five more seconds after getting the news about Sheppard and team, we'd have had our first and worst Elizabeth Weir emotional breakdown of monumental proportions. I have no doubt after seeing it.

* She really, really did want to hug the man when he came thru the gate. That smile was...wow. It said a lot more than just a smile. It was her heart on her face. I've no doubt she'd have lunged at him again if they'd been alone either. These two need a balcony scene after that.

* Did everyone save Caldwell and his big nose and ears, look absolutely hot in that last scene or what?! Wow. Teyla looked yummy in her forced pinkage. Elizabeth had the good hair just going and Ronon in his p.js....rawwrrrr...and John...well, when does he not look good. Even rodney and carson were extra cute in that scene. ; )

* And the ep ends with John casting a look back toward Elizabeth. John, honey, do you ever wonder WHY you do that so dadgum much?

Comment

Mel, i think a lot of that comes from ''Oh look, she always mentions Shep by name but not the others'', or ''She mentioned Shep first''.
        Well, uh..d'uh! It's HIS team. HE'S the chief military officer on Atlantis - the one who advises her on anything strategical.

Some people seem to forget what's occured in previous eps. I've just watched Trinity and she says
        Spoiler:
        ''I can't afford to lose either of you''. It's true she can't. They're both the heads in their respective fields, and therefore would be a huge loss to the expedition.
        Now i'm sure she doesn't want to lose them as friends but i think when she says this, she is talking from a professional point.

I don't recall this line being picked up on, but Dallas to Donuts, if it had been just Rodney, or just Shep, you know there would have been an uproar, despite the fact, that imo, she wouldn't have meant it personally.

This is an ep i'll need to watch again to form decent comments, but one thing i ended up wondering is whether Elizabeth will still be as trusting of John? It was John's opinion that pushed her to give the go-ahead..and John had given that opinion bc he believed he could trust Rodney.

We've seen Lorne slip up infront of Elizabeth, and we've seen a couple of occasions where Rodney has asked John to persuade her bc ''she'll listen to you''. Do you think Elizabeth has picked up on this/is starting to pick upon this? What affect do you think it will have on their trust? Will she carry on as usual or maybe make an effort not to rely on John's opinion as much (which might not be a bad thing)?

After the incident in Trinity, do you think John will be less likely to offer his opinion based on what others have said and instead go on his own gut-instinct?

Trinity
        Spoiler:
        Did anyone else think John was trying not to laugh when Lizzie said to Caldwell :
        Spoiler:
        ''Isn't the Daedalus about ready to head back to Earth?''
        There where plenty of moments where John could have stepped in and either backed up Caldwell or Elizabeth but he seemed more content to sit back and watch them snipe it out

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
          Okay, this is not shep/Weir question but, in the Hive when
          Spoiler:
          Rodney returns did Elizabeth show him concern after she got over her disappointment he's the only one to return? I don't mind her disappointment that Shep didn't return as long as it isn't at the expense of her concern for others.
          My take on it SGLAB, was that initially
          Spoiler:
          she was primarily looking for John and yes, for a moment, she was shocked/taken aback/disappointed that he wasn't with Rodney. But she quickly went into professional mode when she realized right away rodney was acting strange and off the wall and believe me, he was. I also think any concern over her not caring about rodney's welfare deeply were answered by her behavior in scenes later in the episode. She was very saddened and concerned over what her friend was having to endure. But yeah, if you ask me, it is pretty dang obvious that she holds her breath when shep is concerned just a bit more than she does for anyone else. If that's bad-then it is-but she has an extra gear for Shep-that's pretty obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
            Spoiler:

* Makeup must absolutely hate putting Elizabeth in red lipstick to match her red shirt.
            Either that or they got a really good deal on passion pink.
            Heh, I didn't like it either.

Comment

Because GW has been really really slow for me today.
              Last edited by Vixen; 23 November 2005, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the answer to my question. Like I said I wanted a shippers point of view really. I remember in sg-1's ep. Evolution 2 there was a lot of anti-ship feeling about the ep. People saying Jack didn't care about saving Daniel. Sam not caring either only wanting to make googoo eyes with Jack.

And if I read some comments from non shep/weir shippers I'm not sure I'd agree with their perception if I were to watch it myself. And waiting over a month to be able to watch would drive me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen

Because GW has been really really slow for me today.
                  Wow! Even planets apart, they can still connect telepathically

Comment

I couldn't hold myself, I had to read the spoilers.... =(
                    LOL....Well, don't care, cause I won't be wathcing SGA till January or something... =(

Comment

Originally posted by Varekai
                      I couldn't hold myself, I had to read the spoilers.... =(
                      LOL....Well, don't care, cause I won't be wathcing SGA till January or something... =(

Spoilers = gooooooood!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                        Spoilers = gooooooood!
                        Spoilers = bad

Surprise = GREAT!

LOL....

Comment

Well, spoilers are surprises when you first read them

i'd seen the hug well before i saw it on TV. I squeed when i saw it on the pc and i still squeed when it aired here

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                            Well, spoilers are surprises when you first read them

i'd seen the hug well before i saw it on TV. I squeed when i saw it on the pc and i still squeed when it aired here

Ahh, SL! Nice take on the whole thing. Spoilers are surprises. I like the way you think, girl!

Comment

Ok, OK..But I still prefer to watch the show first...=P
                              Although, spoilers are surprieses, I'll give you that...

Comment

This is so unfair I have to wait for January to watch SGA and what I've heard about the Hive I just can't wait. [Tearing hair out in suspense. ] LoL just joking though the Hive sounds really good.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Working...
                                X