Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Since it was always their plan to bring him back. The moment they killed him, they realized they'd made a mistake by doing so.

Because they had no plan to bring her back. Elizabeth was kicked to the curb by Mallozzi and Mullie, while Carson was kicked out under the reign of the other set Wright & Cooper.
    Damn straight they made a mistake killing off Carson! *stomps foot* If they'd wanted to rip out the hearts of the fans, the Atlantis actors and the Atlantis characters as well, then they did a fine job of doing that. *facepalm* TPTW drive me frakkin' insane!

As to Liz...that may be...but at least her disappearance or death or whichever it was kinda wasn't final when it happened. There was room for them to keep searching for her, a shred of hope that they might find her. And plans in S6 to bring her back if TPTW hadn't shot the franchise in the foot. *headdesk*

But Carson's end was very final. Boom. Explosion and no more Carson. And the funeral scene. Granted, he did come back as a clone later, but his original death was still very unsatisfying. I could deal if it had made sense, but exploding tumor wtf now? *head shake*

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      While this is true, it was just wishful thinking on Carl Binder's part. The writers had lots of ideas that never happened.

This would have been a lovely idea, but ultimately she would still have been gone from the show and never never never would have been shipped with John. It was just not in their plan.

I think the angsty ending we got with the lovely show of emotion from John at losing her and his obvious grief for her in the last two seasons was the best that we could have hoped for. Even that they tried to stop, but thanks to Joe Flanigan, John's emotions were very real.

But if you're hoping for a good ending from those Legacy writers, you will be sadly disappointed.
      yeah i know and i wish things were completely different,but alas you can not change any thing at all

Comment

Originally posted by Aang View Post
        But Carson's end was very final. Boom. Explosion and no more Carson. And the funeral scene. Granted, he did come back as a clone later, but his original death was still very unsatisfying. I could deal if it had made sense, but exploding tumor wtf now? *head shake*
        Trumps falling to one's death in their dream... but only just.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Trumps falling to one's death in their dream... but only just.
          ...That's true, though TPTW seem to have a knack for writing the most POINTLESS deaths for our favorite SGA characters. *face-palm* *table-flip*

Comment

sigpic

Comment

That's super pretty, Nolamom!!

Hey, I'm now a Colonel instead of Lt. Col. Sweet.

Comment

Lovely, sad but really so beautiful, JT-2. You made tears come to my eyes.

Originally posted by Aang View Post
                Damn straight they made a mistake killing off Carson! *stomps foot* If they'd wanted to rip out the hearts of the fans, the Atlantis actors and the Atlantis characters as well, then they did a fine job of doing that. *facepalm* TPTW drive me frakkin' insane!

As to Liz...that may be...but at least her disappearance or death or whichever it was kinda wasn't final when it happened. There was room for them to keep searching for her, a shred of hope that they might find her. And plans in S6 to bring her back if TPTW hadn't shot the franchise in the foot. *headdesk*

But the irony of things is that although dear Carson had a final end because of that explosion in “Sunday”, while Elizabeth didn’t have a final “ending/death”, Carson ended up being the one to be there at the final scene of the series and not Elizabeth.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Shippiness/dreamingofyou.jpg
                Wow, awesome Nolamom!!!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Congratulations on the promotion, JT-2.
                sigpic
                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

So lovely and so sweet. I'm wondering if that balcony shot of lonely, sad John is the most used pic for art ever.

You're a full bird! *salutes*
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

congratulations *salutes* Colonel.

Comment

sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                        http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/Sparkypic1-1.jpg
                        I hear JT is a full bird colonel now.

Indeed she is.

I guess this means I'll have to salute her.

You better not salute her the same way you do me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Indeed she is.

But... I would really like that.

Comment

But... I would really like that.
                            Then you will have to talk to Lizzeh because she is in control of all things John related.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Congratulations to JT-2 on her promotion to full-bird Colonel!

Beautiful! I love how you picked just that shot of Lizzeh in Rising so you could have her hand laying against the support beam on the balcony. Very clever!

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                              But the irony of things is that although dear Carson had a final end because of that explosion in “Sunday”, while Elizabeth didn’t have a final “ending/death”, Carson ended up being the one to be there at the final scene of the series and not Elizabeth.
                              A bitter, bitter irony.

So lovely and so sweet. I'm wondering if that balcony shot of lonely, sad John is the most used pic for art ever.
                              Gotta wonder, indeed.

Indeed she is.

(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Congratulations JT! I congratulated her earlier in private (not in the way that sounds) but figured I'd add my 2c worth here

Indeed she is.

Heavens, I didn't think Sheppard saluted anyone. Oh, wait, you meant.....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X