Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So a Lemming is a rodent of some sort?
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Awesome story, gateraid!!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Princess Awinita slipped the Lemming some energy drinks - am not responsible for the consequences of this action

In case of emergency - break glass and make good use of following:

-- --

I will always love that trout one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
          So a Lemming is a rodent of some sort?
          *GASP*

Who are you calling a rodent!?!

Heightmeyer's Lemming is not a rodent. Sure, I do occasionally nibble on wires, and ankles. But I'm a highly respectable member of the Atlantis community - the smallest member too (Torren's a giant compared to me).
          Yes, I have a sweet tooth and have been known to take certain amounts of bribery to do things for people but who can say no to a huge pile of sugar anyway.

A portrait of me...

Spoiler:

And me in some of my favorite spots...

Spoiler:

But of course, the place I truly love to be in...

Spoiler:

Note to self: Write that bloody tale already.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I was just trying to ascertain what kind of critter the lemming was closest to. Apologies if I offended you.
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I'm just messin' with ya!

A) it depends which Lemming you're referring to
              B) the Lemming or a lemming

Neither can be offended - one is a fictional RPG-character, the other a small animal.

Comment

I meant the small animal that is seen on Kate's shoulder. I understand that my reasoning was confusing earlier, and I apologize.

Comment

That is the Lemming, with a capital L, member of the Shrill and Ill-informed Lemming family tree. Honorary member of the Atlantis expedition. Owned by Doctor Kate Heightmeyer. Occasionally sharing the Lantean ducts with Doctor Radek Zelenka. Biting cables in Doctor Rodney McKay's office. Spying on Doctor Elizabeth Weir and Colonel John Sheppard in the closet. And so on and so on...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    That is the Lemming, with a capital L, member of the Shrill and Ill-informed Lemming family tree. Honorary member of the Atlantis expedition. Owned by Doctor Kate Heightmeyer. Occasionally sharing the Lantean ducts with Doctor Radek Zelenka. Biting cables in Doctor Rodney McKay's office. Spying on Doctor Elizabeth Weir and Colonel John Sheppard in the closet. And so on and so on...
                    What does the Lemming do Kavanaugh?

Comment

JT2.jpg

I'm a lemming too. But not as important as Falcon Horus, Heightmeyer's Lemming.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        Thanks! I wrote it a couple years ago, so it's an oldie but still a goodie. If I do say so myself.

Time for me to turn in. Have a good night!
                        You're welcome, SW.

You must have posted it on FF.net when that site kept trying to eat my computer since this was the first I'd seen of it.
                        Last edited by mandogater; 03 December 2012, 04:06 PM.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

This is what I have accomplished on my AU HS story. Not the original one I was working on. Let's call this 2.0.

Spoiler:
                          Elizabeth Weir shook her head as the two juniors stared awkwardly at each other during the audition. Perhaps they weren't the best choice as the inseparable star crossed lovers, considering they could barely look each other in the eye.

"Okay, Mr. Giles, let's try that again, why don't we?"

He nodded timidly and went back to his mark on the floor.

Elizabeth leaned back in her theater seat and rubbed the bridge of her nose.

"Not as easy as it looked, huh?" a voice spoke from behind her.

She smiled as John Sheppard leaned his crossed arms on the seat back next to her.

"I suppose this wasn't the best decision of my life," she admitted as she slowly twisted in her seat, trying to work the kinks out of her back. "We only have one week to prepare. Most of the sets from previous productions are still standing, so that doesn't pose a problem. But so far, none of the male students trying out for Romeo or Mercutio have tested well."

John peeked over her shoulder at the list in her lap. "Who's the best person you got for lover boy right now?"

Elizabeth tried her best to hide a smirk. "Martin Giles."

"The nerd who's never had a date in his life. Uh-huh."

"I'm not a drama teacher," she replied in defense. "I only took this because of Teyla's family emergency. It will be a miracle if I pull this off."

John glanced up at the assortment of kids on stage, then looked back to the government teacher who was looking a little overwhelmed. "I got an idea. But I don't know if you're gonna like it."

She narrowed her green eyes. "Go ahead."

"There's this senior on the football team. Taylor Christianson. his grades are a little low, and I've been working with his teachers to pull them up so I don't have to kick him off the team."

"What are you getting at, Coach?"

"He is, and I am paraphrasing loosely here, 'the hottest guy on campus' and oh my God, I can't believe I just said that," he said, burying his head in his hands.

Elizabeth laughed. "You want to bring him in to see if he can play Romeo?"

"Yeah." John nodded to the students on stage. "If he gets it, I wanted to see if any of his teachers would accept it as extra credit."

"Can he act?"

John shrugged. "No clue."

Elizabeth sighed.

"But he's a good kid. And he tries hard. At least give him a chance?" John asked, even though his knowing smirk seemed to indicate that he already thought she would say yes.

Elizabeth looked towards the stage, and saw Martin Giles try to lean in to kiss the girl playing Juliet at the moment. Between her leaning backwards to escape him and him leaning forward rapidly, they fell to the stage amid a cloud of giggles.

Elizabeth turned her head back to John and smiled.

"Yes."

-=-=-=-=-=-

“Are you insane?”

John had just inserted a French fry in his mouth when the wrestling coach sitting across from him asked his question.

“Wha -- why do you say that?” John asked back, chewing the fry and swallowing it with his Coke.

Ronan shrugged, crossing his arms. “I’ve known you for a while, Sheppard. I’ve never seen you stick your neck out for a student, not like this, at least.”

“Well, Weir’s stuck, and Taylor needs the break. It seems like a win-win.”

“And you’ll get on Weir’s good side.”

John smiled, raising an eyebrow. “I’m already on her good side.”

“Sorry, let me rephrase. You’ll get in her bed.”

“Okay, not cool, and no. I have a ton of respect for Elizabeth.”

Ronan paused. “Which translates to, you really wanna get in bed with her.”

“Geez, you’re such a frat boy,” John responded, throwing a fry at Ronan.

“Hey, what’s going on?” Rodney McKay asked as he set his tray down on the table next to John.

“Sheppard’s got a crush on Weir.”

“Tell me something I don’t know. Which you can’t. Cause I’m the one with the PhD at this table.”

John rolled his eyes. Ronan pulled the French fry off his shoulder and ate it.

“So listen. I’ve got a field trip coming up in a couple of weeks, and I can’t stand the sycophants I’m stuck going with.”

“They’re called students, Rodney. Say it with me.”

McKay grimaced at him. “Hardy har har. I need some more chaperones to come with us. For some reason, the parents are bailing left and right.”

Ronan stared at him. “I can’t imagine why,” he dead-panned, causing Sheppard to almost snort his soda through his nose.

The comment seemed to go right over McKay's head. "Yeah, neither can I."

John buried his head in his shoulder to stifle a laugh. They could be the Three Stooges.

"So either one of you interested?" Rodney asked.

"As much as I would love to, I'm helping Elizabeth with a project," John replied, bringing the turkey sandwich to his mouth.

"Okay, fair enough. Ronan, what about you?"

The dreadlocked coach stared back with a glare. "Don't want to."

"Why don't you ask Zelenka?" John suggested in between bites.

McKay groaned. "Because he is often wrong, and I don't wish to spend the entirety of the field trip correcting him."

"Maybe it's not that he's wrong, but he has a different way to explain it," John reasoned, waving a fry emphatically at the physics teacher. "Because he has a doctorate too. What are the chances he's actually wrong?"

Ronan chuckled at the flushed look that reddened McKay's face. He and John made a habit of teasing him, sometimes to excess. But considering the Messiah complex that he had, it was surprisingly easy to annoy him.

"Look, it doesn't matter why you can't get along most of the time. You two are the best physics teachers at the school. And since it's a physics field trip, he would be the best person to have along." When McKay started to open his mouth, John pointed a finger at him. "And that is final."

Even though they taught in different departments, John easily slipped into a leadership role when they were together. I must have been in the military in another life, he mused humorously to himself.

The bell rang in the corridor outside the staff cafeteria. McKay and Sheppard both had planning next period, but Ronan had a weight lifting class. So he swallowed the remainder of his burger and slid the chair back. "See ya later."

"Okay. Text me when you're done." John extended his fist, and Ronan returned the gesture with a casual fist bump.

Rodney stuck his hand out. Ronan looked at it like it had just come from picking the scientist's nose, then walked away.

Sheppard chuckled, causing McKay to scowl. "Maybe next time, little buddy."
                          Love it, SW!!!

Just what I needed after an annoying day at work.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            Turns out it was me. Falcon Horus, here's my present to you. Unbeta'd, of course.

Spoiler:

Pausing for a moment whilst preparing for her first client, Kate took a moment to breathe in the view from her office window. Atlantis truly was a wondrous place, and with the sunrise hitting it just right, her beauty was something to behold. Not that the view from her quarters wasn’t impressive too, but her office had that something ‘extra’.

A knock on the door jolted her back to reality. A quick glance at her watch confirmed she still had nearly thirty minutes before her first scheduled appointment. What the.......? She thought as she headed to the door controls. Who is this early for a session? She ran her hand over the Ancient controls to reveal her guest.

Major Sheppard! She exclaimed, not containing her surprise quite as well as she’d hoped. He waited for her to continue, with an amused look on his face.

Did you have something you wanted to discuss with me? All expedition members were required to have a minimum number of sessions with her per year, but some people were better at coming up with ‘excuses’ for avoiding sessions than others.

Not exactly, Doc
                            . Sheppard said a little apprehensively. Kate raised an eyebrow with intrigue, which seemed to put him at ease for some reason. I have a “friend” who might need to see you. “Friend” was accentuated with air quotes, for which Kate did a better job of suppressing her amusement.

A lot of my patients have “friends”. She said knowingly. They’re all welcome here, if that’s the way you want to play it

No, an actual friend with a problem. It’s Teyla.

Oh. Come in, she gestured. Is there an issue specifically that has you worried, or is this something of an ongoing nature?

A little bit of both actually, The Major replied as he sat down. She’s been on edge for a few weeks now. I don’t really know why, it’s not like anything has changed that much. The Wraith are coming, but that’s nothing new. If anything, she should be a little more used to that than the rest of us. I don’t know, she’s been biting people’s heads off all over the show. It’s like she’s in a permanent state of PMS or something.

Whilst her mask had failed her moments ago, she kept an almost blank expression after that remark, and resisted the urge to smack the Major on the side of the head. How do you mean...exactly?

We had a bit of a barney the other week. She seemed to take it pretty personally. The Major exhaled deeply. It all worked out the way she wanted in the end, but I don’t know what she expected at the time. We were on a recon mission in a cloaked jumper, investigating a planet the wraith were attacking. She wanted to pick up some people that she knew, I didn’t want to risk compromising our position. Hell, I’m all for saving as many people as possible, but if we end up dead too, then it’s a pretty ineffective rescue, eh?

He shook his head and stared at the floor as he continued. We ended up by getting a few of them out with us. We only had one jumper, so its not like we saved a village or anything. He paused, scratching at his wristband a little. She was sooo.....disappointed with me earlier though. I don’t think she quite got that it wasn’t personal, I wasn’t making a value judgement on their lives. At the time, I deemed it to be an unacceptable risk to abandon our position. She should have respected my judgement as team leader

I see. Has she questioned your judgement before?

No!
                            Sheppard sounded surprised by the question. We work together pretty well on a mission. She’s given up a lot in order to help us, we all owe her a debt of gratitude.

You’re talking about her position with the Athosians?

It’s more than a position, she’s their leader. She doesn’t talk about it much, at least not to me, but I don’t think it sits too well with them. You know, her being here on Atlantis.

That might be what’s causing her some stress.

I don’t think so, it seems to have come on suddenly. Maybe she’ll open up to you. I hope so.

Me too. Well, I’ll schedule a session for her.

That might be a bit of a problem, Doc.

Oh yes?

I was kinda hoping you could casually bump into her, so it wouldn’t seem like this was an order or anything.

Ah. I’m not very comfortable with that Major. Its usually best to be up front about these sorts of things.

I know. But if I suggest it to her, she’ll just blow off the idea.

Like you would?

Sheppard snorted. Yeah, I guess so. Perhaps you could bump into her in the mess hall? I could arrange it so that she’s there around a certain time, you could introduce yourself, and see what happens?

You make it sound more like a blind date than a session.

Hey, if that’s the way you want to play it, go right ahead. I just need Teyla back to her old self.

All right. But my objection to this stands. Don’t be surprised if this blows up in your face.

Sheppard shrugged. It’s worth a shot.

So, when are
                            you coming in for a session? Kate said pointedly

Oh, ummm, I’m not really very good at this sort of thing. How about after we deal with the fleet of wraith heading our way?

Kate rolled her eyes. Sooner than that. Or someone may ask me to gatecrash your lunch

--/--

SR, if you have any pointers, the floor is yours. I don't write very often, so the next opportunity will probably be....2015?
                            I like, gateraid. I can see the conversation happening like that.

Although, next time you might want to remember to use these "".

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              I like, gateraid. I can see the conversation happening like that.

Although, next time you might want to remember to use these "".
                              Oh yeah. There was that. I just thought that Kate and John were telepathic. Which would also explain why we never saw any appointments or sessions with them. Kate just took what she needed.

Comment

Oh yeah. There was that. I just thought that Kate and John were telepathic. Which would also explain why we never saw any appointments or sessions with them. Kate just took what she needed.
                                Nay, Kate and John aren't telepathic. They're Jedi.

Comment

Working...
                                X