Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yummies! I'm getting hungry now! Of course, it is breakfast time out here...
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
    They're just snails who lost their house in the divorce.

I should maybe give you some idea next time how many there are by taking a picture of the heap of green waste in the back of the yard. There's a literal carpet of juicy brown slugs.
    Eeeeeeeeeewwwwww!! I'm not sure I want to see that.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
    However, must be careful cause we have a nest of wasps at the bottom. Will have to destroy that one soon.

And sad face... the neighbours poisoned one of our favorite animals coming into our yard to eat. We had a big rat coming by. Named it Rémy after the Disney film Ratatouille. The animal's fur looked really shiny and it was definitely a very healthy animal.
    More eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      It's 5 o'clock somewhere?
      Yep!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      This idiot completely forgot that Bruce 'The Boss' Springsteen was going to perform at Werchter tonight and thus this idiot drove to the office in Antwerp without realizing that returning home would become a nightmare later that same day because the concert was expecting 55.000 people.

BUT luckily the idiot decided to be smarter and leave the office earlier to beat the crowds which were going to clog up the roads around here.

Good thing I did because due to bad weather (I assume) an accident happened on the highway I frequent and a traffic jam caused people to loose more than hour over a distance of maybe 10km (about 8,5 miles I reckon). I could have been in that if I hadn't left as early as I did.

Tomorrow Rock Werchter opens so more people arriving around these parts. Same on Thursday when the music festival really lifts off.
      Holy smokes! Well, at least you got out ahead of the crowd and managed to avoid the accident scene too! Hopefully the rest of the week's commutes aren't totally horrible.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The festival kicks off tomorrow and the weekend-ticket holders won't arrive until Saturday so Friday should be doable on the road. It has to cause I'm going for drinks with my ex-colleague-turning-colleague 2 weeks from now.

I've been greeting her almost every morning this week with a "Last week at old company! Almost time to say 'so long y'all!'"

She brought me home a souvenir from Russia. She had to go last week to renew her passport in order to gain access to a bank account they were about to close, and with all the sanctions and stuff, she had to fly home and deal with it there. So, she's back since last week Friday and send me an image of a perfectly shaped rock she brought back from Moscow. A Russian friend for Pat MacRock & Josephine LaPierre. However, as tradition goes, the rock will be named after the Russian word for rock so I sincerely hope that's not going to be a tongue twister.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

A Russian friend for Pat MacRock & Josephine LaPierre. However, as tradition goes, the rock will be named after the Russian word for rock so I sincerely hope that's not going to be a tongue twister.
          I wish you the best of luck with that.
          Different alphabet, and pronunciation will be a challenge.
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and Happy Independence Day to all my fellow USA peeps!

The festival kicks off tomorrow and the weekend-ticket holders won't arrive until Saturday so Friday should be doable on the road. It has to cause I'm going for drinks with my ex-colleague-turning-colleague 2 weeks from now.

I've been greeting her almost every morning this week with a "Last week at old company! Almost time to say 'so long y'all!'"

She brought me home a souvenir from Russia. She had to go last week to renew her passport in order to gain access to a bank account they were about to close, and with all the sanctions and stuff, she had to fly home and deal with it there. So, she's back since last week Friday and send me an image of a perfectly shaped rock she brought back from Moscow. A Russian friend for Pat MacRock & Josephine LaPierre. However, as tradition goes, the rock will be named after the Russian word for rock so I sincerely hope that's not going to be a tongue twister.
            Wow! Glad to hear she got everything sorted out! And hooray for a new member of the Rock Crew!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
              I wish you the best of luck with that.
              Different alphabet, and pronunciation will be a challenge.
              I now have 2 colleagues who speak Russian as a 4th language and 1 colleague who knows it as her 3rd language next to Bulgarian, and my friend soon to be colleague is the aforementioned Russian (though has been living in Belgium for half her life) so I think I will be fine...

Oh, on that note... I enrolled in a Spanish course, starting in September. Beginner level, so who knows there may be some Zelenka-style Spanish cursing happening in the Office Saga's.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I now have 2 colleagues who speak Russian as a 4th language and 1 colleague who knows it as her 3rd language next to Bulgarian, and my friend soon to be colleague is the aforementioned Russian (though has been living in Belgium for half her life) so I think I will be fine...

Oh, on that note... I enrolled in a Spanish course, starting in September. Beginner level, so who knows there may be some Zelenka-style Spanish cursing happening in the Office Saga's.
                Sounds like fun, I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

Oh dear, oh dear... so earlier today I went out to lunch with my friends and my soon-to-be-coworker-again forgot the rock she brought home for me. She left at it on her desk in the office. As we walked back, me to my car and they back to the office building, I asked if she was going to get the rock or would I wait for it until she starts on the 16th.

They both suggested to come up to the office and pick up the rock myself. So I did, with the hopes not to run into my former teamlead cause he has fallen from grace and I have fallen even lower than that with him.

No such luck as he was sitting at a desk, opposite the door we came through, and while he had definitely seen me come in, he literally didn't even move a muscle. No hello, no wave, nothing... much to my friends' and my amusement really. I gave him plenty of opportunity to acknowledge my presence but nada, zippo, nothing.

Yup, he definitely hates me for stealing my friend away and the coolest team that once was will be no more. ...and it's basically all his fault.

Comment

And did you get your rock? And have you got His/Her (it's) name?
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Oh dear, oh dear... so earlier today I went out to lunch with my friends and my soon-to-be-coworker-again forgot the rock she brought home for me. She left at it on her desk in the office. As we walked back, me to my car and they back to the office building, I asked if she was going to get the rock or would I wait for it until she starts on the 16th.

They both suggested to come up to the office and pick up the rock myself. So I did, with the hopes not to run into my former teamlead cause he has fallen from grace and I have fallen even lower than that with him.

No such luck as he was sitting at a desk, opposite the door we came through, and while he had definitely seen me come in, he literally didn't even move a muscle. No hello, no wave, nothing... much to my friends' and my amusement really. I gave him plenty of opportunity to acknowledge my presence but nada, zippo, nothing.

Yup, he definitely hates me for stealing my friend away and the coolest team that once was will be no more. ...and it's basically all his fault.
                      LMAO! Burn evil former teamlead, BURN!

But hey, the new rock has joined the family!

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                        And did you get your rock? And have you got His/Her (it's) name?
                        I did get it. It's a tiny one -- should easily fit in my hand with the other 2.

Due to the situation I forgot to ask what the Russian word for stone is, so for now I've dubbed it Joss Stone.

Like a Jane/John Doe type thing.

According to Google translate, rock translates to kamen (cyrillic: камень). Of The Rock translates to kamnya (cyrillic: камня). Little rock translates to gal'ka (cyrillic: галька) which looks like Klingon to me.

As a first name I was thinking along the line of Alexi which is a gender-neutral first name so then it would end up being Alexi Kamen or Alexi Kamnya (leaning towards the second option).

Anyway... I'm not seeing my friend again until her first day at her new job on the 16th. Promised to pick her up for work in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                        X