No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, foul mood is still foul... must stop reading GW as of this instant.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      [censors self]

Foul mood is foul - and yes, it does have to do with SGA fandom.
      *hugs you tight*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I can just imagine.
      As can I. That's why I try to stay here in my happy place in the Sparky thread and stay the frak away from the nutters out there.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

-gives her heighmeyer shaped cookies-
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

Hey guys!

I just watched stargate- sg1 episode "The Torment of Tantalus" and do you know that Paul McGillion is in it? He is the young Ernest Littlefield and I was really surprised. When I heard his voice I was just like "hey, that must be Beckett" and it was him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            -gives her heighmeyer shaped cookies-
            nom nom nom

Originally posted by CaptainMina90 View Post
            I just watched stargate- sg1 episode "The Torment of Tantalus" and do you know that Paul McGillion is in it? He is the young Ernest Littlefield and I was really surprised. When I heard his voice I was just like "hey, that must be Beckett" and it was him.
            Yes, a wee young lad... Paul is, I mean.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh Paul/Carson tat man is adorable!
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

Okay, I'm back. What did I miss?

Not particularly... I currently have the strong urge to smack several fans upside the head.
                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                *hugs you tight*

As can I. That's why I try to stay here in my happy place in the Sparky thread and stay the frak away from the nutters out there.
                Ditto. *nods* This place is always happy. It's a safe haven.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                I was one of those people who didn’t mind "Irresistible", I don’t think it’s as terrible as many people say I mean yeah I know that there are better episodes but there are a also a whole lot of episodes that was worse, besides I’ll always have a soft spot for the episodes that featured all cast member and gave them all something to do (and also seeing John get a bit jealous when Elizabeth gave all her attention on Lucius was also pretty great).

Love your new sig though and great choice on the song, it’s a good one.
                Thank!

And I mean, "Irresistible" made me laugh quite a bit. There are some very funny scenes in there. And yeah, there are definitely some episodes that only got 1/2 star, but I couldn't think of any others during S1-3.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Love the new sig, ShipperWriter!

I'm trying to get used to some of the differences on the site. I keep going - wait... what?
                Has it changed that much? Maybe I just don't notice ...

That's funny cause I got hooked on Stargate because of Farscape.
                I have a similar experience. One of my best friends got me hooked on Stargate accidentally. Ages ago, she asked me to label her SG-1 tapes, Seasons 1-5, which of course required that I watch every single one of them. Then when I stayed with her on vacation a couple years ago, we started doing a marathon of Farscape every night. Hook, line, and sinker.

Stay here! In the happy zone! *hugs*

Comment

I actually didn't hate Irresistible (or Irresponsible) as much as most people either.

Was it good? No. Was it one of the weaker episodes they've ever done? Easily. But it did make me laugh a little. Plus I did kind of get a little bit of a kick out of seeing Elizabeth and some of the others overcome by puppy love And I think I could at least see what they were trying to do with the episode.

Though I will admit maybe if I'd seen the episode later on in the show or hadn't been watching Season 3 on a DVD set that I could just watch another episode right after with, I may have been somewhat less charitable to it.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    I actually didn't hate Irresistible (or Irresponsible) as much as most people either.

Was it good? No. Was it one of the weaker episodes they've ever done? Easily. But it did make me laugh a little. Plus I did kind of get a little bit of a kick out of seeing Elizabeth and some of the others overcome by puppy love And I think I could at least see what they were trying to do with the episode.

Though I will admit maybe if I'd seen the episode later on in the show or hadn't been watching Season 3 on a DVD set that I could just watch another episode right after with, I may have been somewhat less charitable to it.
                    Like I said, I'm not hating on the episode necessarily, I was just saying if it had been replaced with another episode like the story that LCJS is writing, I wouldn't have missed it. But it did have its moments. Wasn't that the episode that John's line of "Buck up, Carson!" is from?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      Like I said, I'm not hating on the episode necessarily, I was just saying if it had been replaced with another episode like the story that LCJS is writing, I wouldn't have missed it. But it did have its moments. Wasn't that the episode that John's line of "Buck up, Carson!" is from?

yeah he also hits him when he does say that.

Comment

btw my story takes place between "The Intruder" and "Runner".

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          yeah he also hits him when he does say that.

btw my story takes place between "The Intruder" and "Runner".
                          Aah, that would explain why Ronan is MIA.

I'm gonna have to loop that part a bit. Or I can just watch the "Sparks Ignite" trailer over and over and over ... *snorts*

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

I didn't mind Irresistable either. It was kind of a funny episode well with crying Carson and everything, though it was not right to use some potion mojo to get what he wanted (and took away Elizabeth's attention from John)

I didnt like Irresponsible though. Mainly for the joke of the way they took off Kolya. I would have liked to see him for a couple more seasons before going down either in an epic battle either caused by a great escape from John or a dashing rescue for his fair Elizabeth. Or despite the fact it would of been out of character Elizabeth taking out Kolya to save John. (I'm a sucker for girl saves boy motifs)

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Again best Carson moment.
                            BALCONIES
                            sigpic

Comment

I liked Irresistible also, but Irresponsible, not so much. It was just criminal the way the Kolya story ended.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hi Sparkies! Even at 02:30 I'm still hyper! I just watched 'The Long Goodbye'. Who in this forum hasn't watched that episode and thought I bet John and Liz were really incontrol then but took their perfect chance to kiss in public! Or was that just me?

Comment

Working...
                                X