Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi FH!
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
      Hi FH!
      Not so loud... I'm in class, modeling a 3D Atlas V rocket... or trying to anyway.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Not so loud... I'm in class, modeling a 3D Atlas V rocket... or trying to anyway.
        *whispering* Sorry. I'm working on my Sparky Advent story, it may be a little late.
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          If you want a different perspective on that - also up for Teyla was the actress who played Aiyana on SG1's season 6 episode Frozen, and who reprised that role (sort of) in Rising -> Ona Grauer
          I thought I remembered seeing several pics of actresses who were up for the part. I don't particularly like the look of this one and doubt she would have been better than Rachel. I vaguely remember another dark haired one also.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I thought I remembered seeing several pics of actresses who were up for the part. I don't particularly like the look of this one and doubt she would have been better than Rachel. I vaguely remember another dark haired one also.
            I'm not actually that familiar with the casting of Teyla, except for that part and the part where Claire was there for support when Rachel went in to audition.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              *sigh* This was what I managed to get done on my AU HS fic today.

Spoiler:
              Taylor made it through the audition. But on the penultimate day before the opening, he came down with a stomach bug. He wanted to soldier on, but Rosalie was refusing to kiss him.

Elizabeth couldn't blame her.

So the backup was on stage, and they were doing the kissing scene with the grace of two sumo wrestlers.

Next to her, John groaned in discomfort and shuddered. She hid a smirk; his appearances at the rehearsals were unusual but welcome. Even though he claimed he was just here to make sure Taylor and some of the other players did well, she detected ulterior motives.

They had flirted as long as they had known each other. Sometimes it was subtle; other times, it was too direct. No matter who had initiated it, John would start moving around in what he probably assumed were unnoticeable ways. Like the shuffling of feet on the ground, running of his hands through his hair, quickly changing the subject.

All were little things that, for some reason, made Elizabeth even more attracted to him.

When Brandon and Rosalie glared at each other, John huffed and stood up. "Okay, that's it," he declared in consternation.

Elizabeth crossed her arms; this was going to be interesting.

What she didn't expect was for John to grab her by the hand and yank her out of her chair, pulling her on stage with him.

"John, what are you doing?" she asked in a frenzied whisper as she went up the steps, attempting to do so without falling over.

"How's your memory?" was his murmured response as they stood on stage, next to the confused drama students -- as well as a confused government teacher.

"Okay, you got the lines down. Good job. Now really do it! You're not just standing here, reciting your lines in a monotone fashion. If we wanted that, we would've just listened to Coach Dex reading the play."

The boys snickered. Some of the girls looked hopeful for a moment.

John turned to look at Elizabeth for a fleeting moment, and he winked at her. Suddenly, his comment to her made sense.

Oh no.

"Brandon, you have to make us believe that you fell in love with Rosalie the instant you saw her, and you would risk being caught, even death, just to see her," John instructed, gesturing between the two teenagers, yet his eyes were on Elizabeth.

She quickly caught up to him. "And Rosalie, you have to stand there, pleading your feelings to the heavens, and not care who's listening. Right now, the only two people in the world are you and Romeo."

Rosalie was a good actress, but she was obviously nervous about acting this scene out with Brandon, a boy that she had barely seen over the course of practicing for the play.

Elizabeth bowed her head and quietly sighed. Here goes nothing.

Virtual brownies to whoever knows what's gonna happen next.
              That was awesome ShipperWriter, I love it and I love the whole story and the whole idea. And if it will continue the way I think it will then it would be such a John thing to do

Spoiler:
              to use the play as an excuse to see how Elizabeth would really react to the idea of kissing him, though I have the feeling that it also could lead to a not so great misunderstanding happening

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Better that than being left out in the cold.
              The only thing they could have done to make up for it would have been to add a scene between Elizabeth and Rod, like how they meet and how she managed to convince him to go into the containment room (is that what it’s called) or at least something like that.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
              Now, here's something that I've written. Just another missing scene from "The Return, Part 1"... It's short, but I hope it satisfies.

Spoilers for "The Return, Part 1":

Spoiler:
              Ring... Ring... Ring... Rin -- Hello, you’ve reached the household of Doctor Elizabeth Weir, who is currently unavailable. Please leave a message after the beep, and she will call you back as soon as possible. Thank you. (Beep) Elizabeth, this is John. (Pause) I don’t know if you’re aware of this, but this is the third time that I’ve called you since we came back from Atlantis. I kind of doubt that I’ve been dialing the wrong number repeatedly. (Pause) Look, I don’t know if you’ve been busy or what and just haven’t had time to call or visit, but... well, Rodney and Carson have been wondering about you, too, and... I don’t know, it’d just be nice to hear from you, even if it’s just to say hi and ask how we’re doing. (Pause) Look, just... just give me a call, all right? (End message)

The ticking of the clock could be heard. One didn’t have to listen hard to realize that the steady tick-tock was the only sound in the room. Outside, birds chirped, and cars passing by the small apartment approached with an effortless whirr of the tires, crescendoing as they neared and then just as quickly fading away into the distance.

Elizabeth set down her pen and rubbed her temple. She closed her eyes, unable to write anymore, her thoughts disrupted and now in disarray. She shifted her position on the couch and turned towards the window, staring at the closed curtains in frustration. Weak afternoon sunlight was futile in its attempts to light up the poorly lit room.

It really didn’t help at all when her friends kept calling her, and she wished they would just stop. She knew that they were concerned, wondering why she never called, wondering why she had left without seeing them that day at the SGC. That is, if they had even found out that she had visited. And more likely than not, they probably had. She didn’t know what she could say about that.

She didn’t know why she was doing this to herself. She knew that she was being selfish by avoiding them, but she just couldn’t pick up the phone. She couldn’t bear to talk to those who had once been a part of her life back in Atlantis. She knew others may go to their former colleagues and friends for companionship and support through a time of transition, a time of change. For Elizabeth, though, doing so would only remind her of what had been lost and can never be regained, not for a long time.

Right now, all she wanted to do was scatter the stones of her old life in Atlantis. Scatter the memories. Scatter the friendships. Maybe the pain will eventually go away.

Though she doubted that very much.

Elizabeth frustratingly glanced over at the telephone sitting at a small round table across the room. Beside the phone was an answering machine, and she could see a red “1” flashing on the display. She bit her lip uncertainly, unsure of what she was about to do, before slowly getting up and walking over to the phone. She stared at the answering machine for a long moment before pressing “Play.”

Elizabeth, this is Jo --

She pressed “Delete.”

The ticking of the clock could be heard. The steady tick-tock was the only sound in the room as Elizabeth blankly stared at the display, now flashing “0.”

As always, any feedback I can get is very much appreciated. These are just some of my own thoughts and questions:
              Spoiler:
              Any general comments on Elizabeth's train of thought? Too short? Is there anything that I should add? I'm trying to depict Elizabeth's adamancy in pushing her friends away, yet also a faint sense of doubt and maybe even guilt that she's making the wrong choice in doing so. I hope that shines through, specifically in her uncertainty and hesitation before deleting John's message. Also, I hope that the stones analogy makes sense. I'm trying to symbolize how during this particularly difficult time for Elizabeth, she's trying to scatter stones, but you will later see how she realizes that it's not a time to scatter stones, but a time to gather stones together.
              That was really great Sparks of Atlantis, very in character on both Elizabeth and her thoughts and John and his concerned phone calls.

I'm saying he has chemistry with Torri and because of their interactions it looked romantic. But then I also said that when I have seen him actually do love scenes, whether on SGA or in one of his many other roles, he has always looked like he's uncomfortable. Happily married man, not enjoying his "work." So, who knows how it would have looked had they actually written ship between Shep and Weir?

If you want to see some of his other roles, check out YouTube. Just search on his name.
              This I very much agree on from what I’ve seen of his work. Because he is an amazing actor but I think that for him things just go easier and he feels more relaxed when he’s supposed to be friends with the other person because then you “only” have to go to the place in your own self who is friends or at least have friendly feelings towards them and you don’t have to worry about trying to bring forth any romantic feelings that he character you play would feel. That’s why I’m actually glad that in SGA’s case that they didn’t actually get Sparky together (and also because TPTB are not very good when it comes to writing relationships) and we only saw them getting close in every other way, that way it just felt more natural. I mean if you look at the scenes he had with Rachel the once where he’s acting like a brother/friend to her works so much better and more natural than the once where the writers (or him in some cases) were under the impression that his character was supposed to have romantic feeling towards her.
              sigpic

Comment

Brie, could you give me a hand with something?

Comment

I think Jessica and Joe would have had good chemistry, but of a different kind. I thought her chemistry with the cast of SG-1 was good, but nothing romantic ever came up. I think she and Shep would have developed more of a respectful working relationship after a time, but it wouldn't have had the same feel as Sparky. I base this on the fact that I think Joe has good chemistry with just about everybody, except certain women that the writers labor to ship him with. And that's been true of everything I've ever seen him in. I have never seen another actor who looks like he's having a root canal in most of his love scenes. LOL
                  Either he's having a root canal, or very bad constipation.

Like Weir/Todd... Kavanagh/Todd... *pukes*
                  Even Weir/Oberoth is more likely than either of those...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  You know, that's interesting to consider. Jessica's character in NCIS was a very strong woman, but she played off Tony (Michael Weatherly), who is a goofy alpha-male type, very well. It's possible she and Joe could have lit up the screen with some serious head-butting UST.

I really liked Torri's very womanly portrayal of Weir; she was tough but she had a feminine edge to her. She's a prototype to what I hope more female tough gals will steer towards as they start to fill true leader roles.

But Jessica had a more controlling edge to her character when she played in NCIS, which may have been brought into Weir had she been asked to stay. She may have been more commanding of Shep, maybe a la Larrin? But without the leather get-up.
                  I miss Paula Cassidy.

I think Jessica might have brought that "more controlling edge" to Weir; I certainly got some hints of one in Lost City. It would really have been interesting to see what could have happened had the original plan to end SG-1 with S7 and then go into a Milky Way-based Atlantis gone ahead.

I saw Jessica Weir but haven't rewatched it, so I don't remember her much. And barely remember Torri's portrayal of her in SG-1. I wonder if some of the fans who said Weir was cold and unfeeling on SGA might have been locked into their memory of her on SG-1. I was never able to understand what they based that on.

I know from things I have read, that Joe's portrayal of Sheppard was, in a lot of ways, not what they originally envisioned. For example, they saw him as some sort of martial arts expert, but Joe changed that. I also think they intended for Sheppard and Weir to be antagonists, but we know from many things that were said that they had to back off that one when it didn't work so well. Joe's Sheppard was just so charming and laid back that it was impossible to see him holding a grudge or really disliking someone he worked with on a daily basis. Look how the John/Rodney relationship turned out. We got some of the best comedy from a duo who should have thoroughly disliked each other because they were so different.

Speculation is fun, but we had what we had. Who know? Maybe if Teyla had been played by another actress who actually had chemistry with Joe, we might all be Sheylas. LOL
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                    Brie, could you give me a hand with something?
                    Sure I can, you can send me a PM if you want, that way we don't have to take up the thread with it.
                    sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        Waves HI to mandogater and anyone else on right now.

It doesn't?? Oh wait, I'm thinking of politician's math. Tee-hee.
                        Waves hi back

If only it was that easy for the rest of us.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Hahahaha, soon, kemosabe.
                          *Stares at clock* How soon is soon? *Stares at clock some more*
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                            http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/JEToR1.jpg

Oh come on, Elizabeth. You promised if I didn't almost get us killed this week, you would take my name off the naughty list.

Yes, but you're on that list for a completely different reason now, John.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                              http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/JEToR1.jpg
                              Oh come on, Elizabeth. You promised if I didn't almost get us killed this week, you would take my name off the naughty list.

Yes, but you're on that list for a completely different reason now, John.
                              : Which flavor would you prefer tonight? Chocolate or raspberry?

: Bring both. I've already stocked up on whipped cream.

: Now who's on the naughty list?
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

LE GUTTER!!!

Gotta get some sleep, I'm exhausted! And a whole day of nothing to look forward to tomorrow. (Students taking midterm exams = bored interpreter with Internet access)

*passes out*

Comment

Working...
                                X