No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, took your advice and headaches going now! Thanks I owe you guys my sanity, really if that thing kept goin' I'd be in a mental hospital blabberin' on about Sparky and coffee whilst rocking back and forth. 'Cos that hasn't happened before... 'course not

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
      Haha, well, how about this preview from tomorrows 'The Gift' with Sparky and Kate.

http://i46.tinypic.com/de5gdl.jpg
      They are my OT3 - Sparky+1.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I can definatly see why you like her, she's a great character and Claire is a great actor + she is very beautiful. I got some great stills of her from 'The Gift'.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        They are my OT3 - Sparky+1.
        They should have done more scenes like that. The other three great once are the scenes with Atlantis Angel's (Elizabeth, Teyla and Kate), Kate should have been on the show more since like she said in 'The Gift', she is a very busy person and they could have definatly done more with the character since her job on Atlantis is a very important one.
        sigpic

Comment

I can definatly see why you like her, she's a great character and Claire is a great actor + she is very beautiful. I got some great stills of her from 'The Gift'.
          *grin*

She got me hook, line and sinker...

Ah... the memories of bouncing around like a happy little fangirl until... well, we better not speak of that.

They should have done more scenes like that. The other three great once are the scenes with Atlantis Angel's (Elizabeth, Teyla and Kate), Kate should have been on the show more since like she said in 'The Gift', she is a very busy person and they could have definatly done more with the character since her job on Atlantis is a very important one.
          I wish they'd done an episode where the women save the day of sorts. Or at least have them do more stuff together.
          However, TPTW have proven on multiple occasions that writing for their female characters was a bit of a challenge [try to see past the understatement here for a second]. They were all given the short end of the stick in favor of other (male) characters [dare I say it].

But not to worry, where PTW failed miserably we have brilliant fanfic authors pick up the slack. I just recently read a fic featuring the women heavily in which they had magically sprouted wings. I snorted my way through it. Especially Cadman was beyond hilarious...

Comment

MR, you must have had a really bad day to bring on such an awesome pic spam. Thanks for sharing.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              The rule these days, thank goodness, is that whatever you think tastes good goes with anything you want it to. Wine snobbery is a thing of the past. Just last weekend we had a nice Viognier with duck, antelope and beef short ribs. Everyone at our table loved it and it wasn't overpowered by the meat at all. In fact it was a good crisp counterpart to the strong tastes of the food. But a merlot or a mellow cabernet sauvignon would have held up well also.
              *Copies and pastes into file*

Thanks SR!!!! Now to figure out the dishes for Battle Ruus Wine.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                Enjoy the last 2 Castle episodes - I did
                Me too!! Me too!! *Jumps up and down*

I really loved the finale of Castle. It even inspired a plot bunny or two.

Comment

It’s cool that you know any of them. Djurgården is my favorite team but it’s not the easiest name to remember, especially with the ’å’ in it.

Of course, and then there is the 2012 Olympics this summer for all of our countries in other sports.
                  I'm a hockey junkie, Brie. If I could get any of the European leagues on tv here I'd watch them even if I didn't speak the language. Heck, I even made it to the NHL Draft once. Touching the Stanley Cup was the greatest thing ever!!

The Olympics are always fun to watch, but right now I can't wait to see Euro 2012.

Comment

MR, you must have had a really bad day to bring on such an awesome pic spam. Thanks for sharing.
                    A really REALLY bad day!

Short version (be warned it wasn't nice)
                    Spoiler:

Spent the afternoon searching for my neighbours dog - a lovely little 5 year old staffie who'd run off chasing rabbits in the woods - unfortunately by the time we found him, 3 hours later, it was too late. He has fallen through a pool cover and drowned. My other half (not sure if we have been seeing each other long enough to call him that!) managed to get him out but it wasn't a pleasant sight.

So, yeah, it wasn't the best of days and it made all my muses hide for the evening. Going to try again for some Sparky art today.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

A really REALLY bad day!

Spoiler:

Spent the afternoon searching for my neighbours dog - a lovely little 5 year old staffie who'd run off chasing rabbits in the woods - unfortunately by the time we found him, 3 hours later, it was too late. He has fallen through a pool cover and drowned. My other half (not sure if we have been seeing each other long enough to call him that!) managed to get him out but it wasn't a pleasant sight.

So, yeah, it wasn't the best of days and it made all my muses hide for the evening. Going to try again for some Sparky art today.
                      Sorry to here 'bout that, sounds like the world's worst day!

Comment

A really REALLY bad day!

Spoiler:

That was indeed unfortunate. I'm so sorry for your neighbors.

Just to let everyone know. I won't be here today for the post-a-thon. Mr. SR and I are going to see The Avengers. I promise to read every post and add my snark where appropriate. And you know I have plenty of snark for this one.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good Afternoon everyone!

I wish they'd done an episode where the women save the day of sorts. Or at least have them do more stuff together.
                          I would have loved the have seen an episode like that and it really shouldn’t have been such a hard thing to do and besides you’d think they could have given them at least 1 episode of the 100 they made.

However, TPTW have proven on multiple occasions that writing for their female characters was a bit of a challenge [try to see past the understatement here for a second]. They were all given the short end of the stick in favor of other (male) characters [dare I say it].
                          That’s a though one but I’ll try but you’re right about losing out to the male characters most of the time, heck, even in the episodes that did center more around the female characters they had to throw in some of the male characters “to save the day” so to speak, oh well, this isn’t anything new to us and it’s not really something worth dwelling on now and like you said, there are a lot of really good fanfics out there where the female characters does have a bigger role.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          I'm a hockey junkie, Brie. If I could get any of the European leagues on tv here I'd watch them even if I didn't speak the language. Heck, I even made it to the NHL Draft once. Touching the Stanley Cup was the greatest thing ever!!

The Olympics are always fun to watch, but right now I can't wait to see Euro 2012.
                          I can relate but you’re so lucky having seen that.

A really REALLY bad day!

Spoiler:

Oh wow, that’s awful.

Just to let everyone know. I won't be here today for the post-a-thon. Mr. SR and I are going to see The Avengers. I promise to read every post and add my snark where appropriate. And you know I have plenty of snark for this one.
                          Sucks that you won’t be here but I have to say that ‘The Avengers’ is a great movie and one well worth seeing.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 4 hours and 45 minutes until today's The Gift post-a-thon!

OMG, Madness reigns, that is horrible! I'm so sorry for your neighbors.
                            ETA: See, this is why I shouldn't post first thing in the morning when I've got a cold. My head is so scrambled I get people's names confused.

SR, we'll miss you at the post-a-thon, but we'll be looking forward to your review on The Avengers.
                            Last edited by Scary Kitty; 20 May 2012, 10:44 AM.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So post-a-thon starts at 10:30pm (local time GMT+1) for me... I'll try to be on time.

Comment

Good morning/afternoon, everybody!

I regret to inform you that I'll be absent for the post-a-thon too. We're helping my sister move furniture into her fiancee's new apartment, and it's kind of become an allday deal.

Will catch up when I get home! Have a great day, and enjoy the rewatch!

Comment

Working...
                                X