No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So as I was bored and playing around with Paint and Microsoft Works, I discovered if you type something on Word in "Stargate" font, then copy it to Paint, it WILL stay in Stargate font!

So, a little late S6 or S7 icon:
    Spoiler:

I left it big size but it can easily be reedited to fit the parameters for icons.

I love Paint.

I gotta get out more.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Heh. You know, the curious thing about Harmony is that Elizabeth was undoubtedly in charge when the alliance between Atlantis and Harmony's people was formed. Sure wouldn't mind seeing a flashback fic set when Elizabeth and Harmony's mother negotiated that treaty. *wicked grin*
      Harmony. *shudder* That's another one I'm skipping on the re-watch. So far I've skipped Tabula Rasa (it was rather forgettable - pun! ba dum bum!) I'll also be skipping Harmony and Trio. I haven't decided what to skip in season 5 yet, except I'm absolutely skipping Brainstorm.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      But in the end, she was too young for me.
      How young, exactly?
      Uhh, thirteen.
      My condolences.
      That's okay. A year later, he started dating Keller. Who's thirteen years younger--
      Shut up, Sheppard.
      Omg you're hilarious! You guys have a great little conversation going on here!

Night Sparkies!

Comment

But in the end, she was too young for me.
        How young, exactly?
        Uhh, thirteen.
        My condolences.
        That's okay. A year later, he started dating Keller. Who's thirteen years younger--
        Shut up, Sheppard.
        LMAO!

So as I was bored and playing around with Paint and Microsoft Works, I discovered if you type something on Word in "Stargate" font, then copy it to Paint, it WILL stay in Stargate font!

Spoiler:
        http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/.../sgarising.png

I left it big size but it can easily be reedited to fit the parameters for icons.

I love Paint.

I gotta get out more.
        That is one big-arse icon.

And this also reminds me that I need to put together a font pack for our artists. I've found the "Bangle" font family, that was used for SGA's opening credits for Season 1, as well as some fonts for the Ancient language. Something else for this weekend's 'to do' list.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

LMAO!

That is one big-arse icon.

And this also reminds me that I need to put together a font pack for our artists. I've found the "Bangle" font family, that was used for SGA's opening credits for Season 1, as well as some fonts for the Ancient language. Something else for this weekend's 'to do' list.
          Bigger is better.

Sometimes.

Okay, enough slacking for me. Back to work. Coffee just kicked in!!!

Comment

BTW: There is a website, I forgot who runs it, but it's the person who makes a lot of the smilies we use here on the forum ... I downloaded the SG-1 and SGA fonts from him. When I get home, I'll find the website and post it.

It also has the Gate symbols for the respective series, so you can give it a little more variety and mix it up!

Okay, back to lurking ...

Comment

Spoiler:
              http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/.../sgarising.png

I love Paint.

I gotta get out more.
              Great. I'm adding that to my SGARising art folder.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Harmony. *shudder* That's another one I'm skipping on the re-watch. So far I've skipped Tabula Rasa (it was rather forgettable - pun! ba dum bum!) I'll also be skipping Harmony and Trio. I haven't decided what to skip in season 5 yet, except I'm absolutely skipping Brainstorm.

Omg you're hilarious! You guys have a great little conversation going on here!

Night Sparkies!
              I'm one of the few who liked Harmony for the John/Rodney snark and John is so good with the kid. But I hate the ending.

*looks at John* So what other romantic adventures did I miss?
              I didn't have any romantic adventures, Elizabeth.
              *snaps fingers* Let's not forget your snow queen BFF. What was her name...Sarah, Shirley?
              Sue
              Sue! Yeah, that's it. The lovely well-endowed snow queen, Sue.
              Snow queen? Tell me more.
              Shut up, McKay or I will rip your lungs out!
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

BTW: There is a website, I forgot who runs it, but it's the person who makes a lot of the smilies we use here on the forum ... I downloaded the SG-1 and SGA fonts from him. When I get home, I'll find the website and post it.

It also has the Gate symbols for the respective series, so you can give it a little more variety and mix it up!

Okay, back to lurking ...
                That would be The Scifi World, right? Hmm, looks like the font's author asked them to take down the one "Bangle" font they had. Though it wasn't even the correct one anyway; they had "Bangle Thin Normal," while the credits appear to have used "Bangle Normal," which is a bit wider. Darn, that's a bit of a shame.

The two Ancient fonts that I use are also not there; they have extended character sets with additional punctuation and come in both "modern" and "handwritten" versions. Here they are: Ancient G Modern and Ancient G Written. Very cool fonts.

Ooooh, looks like they've added some new smilies...

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                I'm one of the few who liked Harmony for the John/Rodney snark and John is so good with the kid. But I hate the ending.
                Oh, this. Snarkage was a beautiful thing to behold, but the ending sucked harder than a black hole.

*snaps fingers* Let's not forget your snow queen BFF. What was her name...Sarah, Shirley?
                Sue
                AHAHAHAHAHAH!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

He's good with kids in general. I think he already had the father instinct within him....except for telling stories..
                  BALCONIES
                  The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                    He's good with kids in general. I think he already had the father instinct within him....except for telling stories..
                    That's very true. Even if you didn't know Joe has kids, you couldn't miss how they seem drawn to him. He was great with all the youngsters in the show. Loved him with the little girl in Miller's Crossing. So cute stringing beads together.
                    sigpic

Comment

That's very true. Even if you didn't know Joe has kids, you couldn't miss how they seem drawn to him. He was great with all the youngsters in the show. Loved him with the little girl in Miller's Crossing. So cute stringing beads together.
                      That scene was adorable! And not long after that we had a woobie!John face.

Comment

Miller's Crossing woobie!John face!

Thanks guys! That was just the motivation I needed to get through the Seer tonight so I can move onto this one!

Comment

Sue
                          This Elizabeth teasing John about females (I was going to say women, but that doesn't exactly fit *snerk*) reminds me of a great fic by peanutbutterer "If It Ain't Broke"

Back to work for me! Sorry, too lazy to combine the 3 messages I just put up.

Comment

Miller's Crossing woobie!John face!

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_409_116.JPG

Thanks guys! That was just the motivation I needed to get through the Seer tonight so I can move onto this one!
                            That face looks suspiciously like a few other faces.

Spoiler:

This Elizabeth teasing John about females (I was going to say women, but that doesn't exactly fit *snerk*) reminds me of a great fic by peanutbutterer "If It Ain't Broke"

That fic was just what I needed for an editing break. The book I'm editing is not quite as interesting as Sparky fanfic.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yup. John would no doubt be a good father as well. And we all know who we'd like him to have kids with...

Ahahaha! That was such a funny fic!

Or these faces...

Spoiler:

Damn you, Oberoth.

That fic was just what I needed for an editing break. The book I'm editing is not quite as interesting as Sparky fanfic.
                              Hmm, on a slightly related tangent... I mentioned earlier that I would be going on vacation over Memorial Day weekend, so I'm aiming to work on Atlantis Rising while I'm gone. Hopefully without having to lug around a full laptop. So, do those of you with iPads have any recommendations for a good word processing app? I know about Apple's own Pages app, but are there any other good ones? I'm specifically looking for something that will play well with MS Word; has to be able to import and export *.doc format easily (preferably by syncing when the iPad is hooked up to my computer) and preserve basic formatting (like bold and italics).
                              ETA: Oh, and I forgot to mention, Google Docs is not an option, as I will not have internet access for a few of those vacation days.

Thanks, all.
                              Last edited by Scary Kitty; 20 May 2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Hmm, on a slightly related tangent... I mentioned earlier that I would be going on vacation over Memorial Day weekend, so I'm aiming to work on Atlantis Rising while I'm gone. Hopefully without having to lug around a full laptop. So, do those of you with iPads have any recommendations for a good word processing app? I know about Apple's own Pages app, but are there any other good ones? I'm specifically looking for something that will play well with MS Word; has to be able to import and export *.doc format easily (preferably by syncing when the iPad is hooked up to my computer) and preserve basic formatting (like bold and italics). Thanks, all.
                                I haven't downloaded a word processing app for my iPad yet, but I use NeoOffice on the desktop and like it very much. I've never had any trouble moving docs in or out of it. I use it for doing editing and have transported docs into Microsoft word with most of the formatting being intact. Don't know how it works on the iPad though. And I think it's free.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X