Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    I'll take my tickets monday. Didn't ask my boss but I 'm sure she will be ok.
    They can't deny it so I should be good anyway... then it's tickets, hotel, train (although will have to wait a few more weeks before that can be ordered since you can't book a place yet for an october seat).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Also, I always thought Ice Queen by Within Temptation was good for season six soundtrack. Linking you to "legend of the Seeker" video made to this song, just to show you the sheer power of music + video material.
      Wow, that's a great song, and an awesome video!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Look at you tempting me to say something I might regret later.

Okay, i'll explain my reasoning. I always thought this song was about winter (the season of the year), but think of it - couldn't it be applied to angry, alienated - feeling Elizabeth? We will put her through a wringer before she truly finds peace within herself and her place within the expedition, that's why this song tends to remind me of S6 Elizabeth. I always thought "Ice Queen" is a song full of anger, and our Elizabeth might even be scared of the power of her own anger. I don't think that's a negative thing, per se, but it matters how it's dealt with - if authors choose to take that angle. But, I always thought she'd resent the way she was left behind.
      Ohhh yes, that fits beautifully. I can definitely see Elizabeth feeling that way, and I will be working some of that into my episode.

Another song I thought of for Elizabeth, especially around "What Dreams May Come," but really for the whole storyline starting from her injury in "First Strike," is All of This Past by Sarah Bettens. It gives me goosebumps (in a good way!)

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      They can't deny it so I should be good anyway... then it's tickets, hotel, train (although will have to wait a few more weeks before that can be ordered since you can't book a place yet for an october seat).
      I'm so excited for you! I hope you have a great time!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I love all the ideas for music for our eps, though I have to confess that I've never heard of any of them. So I'll leave the musical portion of the project to the younguns.

Well, except for Reconciliation, which we can thank Mr. SR's Celtic fetish for.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Wow, that's a great song, and an awesome video!

Ohhh yes, that fits beautifully. I can definitely see Elizabeth feeling that way, and I will be working some of that into my episode.

Another song I thought of for Elizabeth, especially around "What Dreams May Come," but really for the whole storyline starting from her injury in "First Strike," is All of This Past by Sarah Bettens. It gives me goosebumps (in a good way!)

I'm so excited for you! I hope you have a great time!
          I always though that Anthem of the Angels by Breaking Benjamin was such a perfect song for the Elizabeth/replicator Elizabeth/John storyline in GITM, especially the lines:

Spoiler:
          There is nothing left of you,
          I can see it in your eyes,
          Sing the Anthem of the Angels
          And say the last goodbye.

I keep holding onto you,
          But I can't bring you back to life,
          Sing the Anthem of the Angels,

You're Dead Alive...
          You're Dead Alive....
          You're Dead Alive...
          You're Dead Alive...

Gives me chills every time. It's a good literal description of Elizabeth and a good figurative description of John, if you think about it. *sigh* I love imagery.
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Woot finally finished that fertility fic!
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I love all the ideas for music for our eps, though I have to confess that I've never heard of any of them. So I'll leave the musical portion of the project to the younguns.

Hee! Definitely wouldn't mind seeing some Celtic music in our soundtrack!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              I always though that Anthem of the Angels by Breaking Benjamin was such a perfect song for the Elizabeth/replicator Elizabeth/John storyline in GITM, especially the lines:

Spoiler:
              There is nothing left of you,
              I can see it in your eyes,
              Sing the Anthem of the Angels

I keep holding onto you,
              But I can't bring you back to life,
              Sing the Anthem of the Angels,

You're Dead Alive...
              You're Dead Alive....
              You're Dead Alive...
              You're Dead Alive...

Gives me chills every time. It's a good literal description of Elizabeth and a good figurative description of John, if you think about it. *sigh* I love imagery.
              Oooh, that's giving me chills, too! Thanks for the rec, I'll have to add that one to the playlist as well.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

We're only 1 vote away from best hug!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  I was going to ask - is that the song from the Underworld soundtrack - but nevermind as I quote this post, it is revealed in the URL.

That is indeed a pretty good song, and while I'm not a big fan of Sarah Bettens (or K's Choice for that matter), this one I actually like.

Within Temptation does awesome music - here be their YouTube channel. As an added bonus Sharon den Adel is pretty to look at.

Mmm yeah... I'm a fan.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thanks Mr. SR's Celtic fetish for exposing me to such a wonderful song!

Comment

We've reached 50 votes! Congratulations, Sparkies, and thanks to Ankareeda for casting Vote #50 and mrscopterdoc for riding herd on all the insanity!

Comment

Good job GW the Sparky hug is epic and automatically gives you good feelings.
                        BALCONIES
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone, check out SR's celebratory picspam of The Sparky Hug!

Comment

Go for it. You will do a great one, I'm sure.
                            I have no idea of what I'd being doing. That is why I asked. Beside I'd want it to be a good one. You gals are the ones with the talent when it comes to doing things with computers not me.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Just saw the Sparky Picspam.

This shot gave me chills because obviously John when he was first hugged he thought it was unreal but he realized it was. It is beautiful.
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                                Just saw the Sparky Picspam.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...eyesclosed.jpg

This shot gave me chills because obviously John when he was first hugged he thought it was unreal but he realized it was. It is beautiful.
                                It is beautiful. Whenever I think of that moment, I always describe John as melting into the hug, and he really does. Everything in his body language screams that he wants this contact, has been craving it like a thirsty man craves water. I understand how he feels, because I just can't get enough of watching that scene!

Comment

Working...
                                X