Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi beloved Sparky thread! waves a bit wearily

Still here. Lurking mainly. RL (i.e. WORK) is a royal pita (pain in the @$$) right now, so can only manage fly-bys......

However, I do not come empty-handed. First a pretty (or two).....
    Spoiler:

Second, some prompties......
    Firelight
    Shooting stars and moonbeams
    SNAFU
    Comfort food
    Tripping the light fantastic
    Thunderstorms
    sigpic
    Signature by Erin87

Comment

Well I wrote this for the Shep Whump challenge which is John writes a letter to someone while he's imprisoned....I obviously Chose Elizabeth...it's cheesy and corney but I hope you like it.

Dear Elizabeth,

If you are to receive this letter, either those barbaric f**ks killed me or I did make it out alive, which I believed I would and McKay kindly relayed the letter to you.

Well I am not usually good at these things so I am gonna make it short. How could I ever thank you for always believing me. It has been a long such faith in me, gave me the confidence back that I long lost....If you hadn't come into my life, I would have still been the miserable shell of a man I was. And in case I never get to tell you....I love you, and my only hope is that if I ever make it out of here alive maybe, we could try to you know try to you know start a relationship..

Anyway as I said I am not really good at these things but I thought I would find a way to tell you, you know incase I never do.

With All My Heart (as Cheesy as it sounds),
      John.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

She looks over John who is sleeping peacefully in the hospital bed. Safe at home, after all he suffered on that foreign planet. She smiles brightly and with a deep sigh she places the letter against her heart, savoring the feeling of love that runs through her veins.
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        And there are way too many reality shows. Most of them I find horrifying, because they encourage people to act nasty and be mean to each other. Yeah, that's just what today's society should be encouraging. [/sarcasm]
        I know what you mean. I can't stand them for the exact same reason. Truth be told if you want to watch people act nasty and be mean to each other you just need to turn on CSPAN or any news channel.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Math for SGA Rising project.

Eri13, I've done this with the assumption you wanted Primum Movens parts I & II to be posted before the con. If you only want part I posted, please let me know and I'll adjust the calculations.

Assumptions:
          1. 11 episodes
          2. 5 acts per episode
          3. Publishing complete by 10/26 (Weds before the con)

Option 1:
          • 1 day between acts (example - act 1 on Monday, rest day, act 2 on Wednesday)
          • 5 days between episodes (example - ep 1 act 5 on Monday, 5 rest days, ep 2 act 1 on Sunday)

Posting starts on 5/31.

Option 2:
          • 1 day between acts
          • 4 days between episodes

Posting starts 6/10.

Option 3:
          • 1 day between acts
          • 3 days between episodes

Posting starts 6/20.

Option 4:
          • 1 day between acts
          • 2 days between episodes

Posting starts 6/30.

Option 5:
          • 2 day between acts

Posting starts 5/17.

If there are any other options you'd like me to try, please let me know. Also, I can send a publishing schedule by date for any of these options.
          Wow, your skills are truly amazing. Any option is fine with me. I like options 1 and 2 the best. I think we should get it started pretty soon. If necessary, we can adjust as we go.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          I know what you mean. I can't stand them for the exact same reason. Truth be told if you want to watch people act nasty and be mean to each other you just need to turn on CSPAN or any news channel.
          Put me down as a reality show hater also. I've never watched even one minute of any of them except S1 of "Dancing with the Stars" before it got so political. I don't even watch the news on a regular basis.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Math for SGA Rising project.

Eri13, I've done this with the assumption you wanted Primum Movens parts I & II to be posted before the con. If you only want part I posted, please let me know and I'll adjust the calculations.

Assumptions:
            1. 11 episodes
            2. 5 acts per episode
            3. Publishing complete by 10/26 (Weds before the con)

Option 1:
            • 1 day between acts (example - act 1 on Monday, rest day, act 2 on Wednesday)
            • 5 days between episodes (example - ep 1 act 5 on Monday, 5 rest days, ep 2 act 1 on Sunday)

Posting starts on 5/31.

Option 2:
            • 1 day between acts
            • 4 days between episodes

Posting starts 6/10.

Option 3:
            • 1 day between acts
            • 3 days between episodes

Posting starts 6/20.

Option 4:
            • 1 day between acts

Posting starts 6/30.

Option 5:
            • 2 day between acts

Posting starts 5/17.

If there are any other options you'd like me to try, please let me know. Also, I can send a publishing schedule by date for any of these options.
            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Wow, your skills are truly amazing. Any option is fine with me. I like options 1 and 2 the best. I think we should get it started pretty soon. If necessary, we can adjust as we go.

Put me down as a reality show hater also. I've never watched even one minute of any of them except S1 of "Dancing with the Stars" before it got so political. I don't even watch the news on a regular basis.
            Thanks JT! That's fantastic!

I like option 1 & 2 best as well. If stories aren't completed by the straight timeline, we can hold off and adjust releases here and there.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              Thanks JT! That's fantastic!

I like option 1 & 2 best as well. If stories aren't completed by the straight timeline, we can hold off and adjust releases here and there.
              Okay then, I pick Option 1. We'll be starting after Memorial Day and will get the holiday out of the way. That's kind of the official launch of Summer in the US, so we begin with a summer launch party for SGARising. Adjustments, of course can come and we will be flexible.

We need to start the PR campaign right away, if everyone is in agreement with this. SK, you can start with Tweets, at least one per day. Should we begin with a Tweet that we're going to have an announcement? We keep people in suspense (or make them come on here to look) and make the official announcement, say next Monday the 16th. What do you think?

We also need to contact all the authors and give them a heads up. As soon as we get a final approval on the start date, I will begin doing that. Oh, and of course an announcement on the website.

Woo hoo! At long last, we're off like a rocket!
              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Okay then, I pick Option 1. We'll be starting after Memorial Day and will get the holiday out of the way. That's kind of the official launch of Summer in the US, so we begin with a summer launch party for SGARising. Adjustments, of course can come and we will be flexible.

We need to start the PR campaign right away, if everyone is in agreement with this. SK, you can start with Tweets, at least one per day. Should we begin with a Tweet that we're going to have an announcement? We keep people in suspense (or make them come on here to look) and make the official announcement, say next Monday the 16th. What do you think?

We also need to contact all the authors and give them a heads up. As soon as we get a final approval on the start date, I will begin doing that. Oh, and of course an announcement on the website.

Woo hoo! At long last, we're off like a rocket!
                Okay, so it's sounding like Option 1 is the favorite? Cool. And I agree with SR, it's kind of appropriate since Memorial Day is sort of the official start of the summer holiday season. I'm ready to Tweet whenever the final start date is approved and you give me the "go" sign. I think we may have kept our audience in suspense long enough, LOL. Of course, if we do the announcement on the 16th, we could have a daily countdown!

Hmm, there may be a possible schedule conflict for me: I'm supposed to be leaving on vacation just before Memorial Day, and I'm pretty sure I won't have internet access at least part of that time, including Memorial Day itself. Before I go, I'll have to hand the keys to the Twitter account to one of you so the tweets go up on schedule.

I can see a light on the horizon! We're almost there!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

ZOMG, Joe Flanigan just tweeted!

Shoulder getting better. still hard to flag middle finger at zombie death drivers from Hell-LA.

LMAO! Oh Joe, never change.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Okay, so it's sounding like Option 1 is the favorite? Cool. And I agree with SR, it's kind of appropriate since Memorial Day is sort of the official start of the summer holiday season. I'm ready to Tweet whenever the final start date is approved and you give me the "go" sign. I think we may have kept our audience in suspense long enough, LOL. Of course, if we do the announcement on the 16th, we could have a daily countdown!

Hmm, there may be a possible schedule conflict for me: I'm supposed to be leaving on vacation just before Memorial Day, and I'm pretty sure I won't have internet access at least part of that time, including Memorial Day itself. Before I go, I'll have to hand the keys to the Twitter account to one of you so the tweets go up on schedule.

Works for me. Whew, no more procrastination. Gotta finish my ep, sharpen the red pencil and OMG, so much to do. I can tweet for you if you wish.

ZOMG, Joe Flanigan just tweeted!

Shoulder getting better. still hard to flag middle finger at zombie death drivers from Hell-LA.

LMAO! Oh Joe, never change.
                    So that means he's able to drive with the one arm. Keep at least one hand on the wheel, Joe. LOL
                    sigpic

Comment

Works for me. Whew, no more procrastination. Gotta finish my ep, sharpen the red pencil and OMG, so much to do. I can tweet for you if you wish.

So that means he's able to drive with the one arm. Keep at least one hand on the wheel, Joe. LOL
                      Works for me--Option 1 it is. I'll edit and get RTP I ready to go for the big launch. :3

I'm decently through Trust though the big action scenes I have yet to do. Will start putting lead to paper (or in my case fingertips to Mac keyboard).
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        Works for me--Option 1 it is. I'll edit and get RTP I ready to go for the big launch. :3

I'm decently through Trust though the big action scenes I have yet to do. Will start putting lead to paper (or in my case fingertips to Mac keyboard).
                        Okay, SK, you have a GO!. Tweet away. I'd say tease the announcement at this point. Also please send one to Joe. He needs a distraction from the aggravation today.
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay, SK, you have a GO!. Tweet away. I'd say tease the announcement at this point. Also please send one to Joe. He needs a distraction from the aggravation today.
                          *salutes* Tweets sent. Putting nose to keyboard to get RtP 2 done. Knowing I now have a hard deadline helps.

Comment

*salutes* Tweets sent. Putting nose to keyboard to get RtP 2 done. Knowing I now have a hard deadline helps.
                            I saw the tweets! Could you guys help me out, my episode, Box of dreams would "air" when? Approximately?
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              I saw the tweets! Could you guys help me out, my episode, Box of dreams would "air" when? Approximately?
                              That involves math darling. I can't even figure out when mine airs. Where's JT-2? We need mathgirl. I think we also need a schedule.
                              sigpic

Comment

How about you guys publish it on the 19th as a bday present for me
                                BALCONIES
                                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X