Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Sounds good to me.

The beginning of the Sparky Dynasty. Gotta love it.

Oh, I'll vote for that one. Methinks Joe would appreciate it.
    I can see him now, driving down an LA freeway with a "Who is John Galt?" bumper sticker, taking his one hand off the wheel long enough to show the bad drivers his bandaged finger. Insider Twitter joke FTW!

I like that one. Gives the audience a good visual sense of who's involved with the story. That is to say, everyone.
    That is a nice visual isn't it? All the families and friends with John in the middle all alone...waiting. *shivers* That would make some lovely sigs and banners and wallies and what all.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I can see him now, driving down an LA freeway with a "Who is John Galt?" bumper sticker, taking his one hand off the wheel long enough to show the bad drivers his bandaged finger. Insider Twitter joke FTW!

That is a nice visual isn't it? All the families and friends with John in the middle all alone...waiting. *shivers* That would make some lovely sigs and banners and wallies and what all.
      *joins in the shivers* Eeeeeee! That is the perfect image!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well at least in the real world Joe is getting better.

Or in the Stargate World John got some extra tender love and care from a certain woman in a red shirt
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

@ SK

I'm waiting for that continuity beta I'm going to put RTP II through. Where's my file?

I think the line has died many times so far...

**//**

SGA Rising artwork

In order to put Kanaan and Torren on that balcony, one would have to need a picture of both, or Teyla holding Torren and Kanaan standing nearby. The lighting will have to be adjusted plus you'd have to cut Teyla from the original image and re-insert her beautiful self back in with Torren and Kanaan.

I was thinking about doing some sort of trailer like the ones I saw for Pillars of the Earth, but then I realized that with the new characters that might be problematic as I wanted to add a glimpse of Mayel in there as well. Unless there was an actress I could use for that part... But I'm currently in the process of storyboarding so you know, we'll see...

**//**

And that's about it...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just droppin in, wanted to tell everyone involved with SGARising what a wonderful job you're doing, and kudos to JT for figuring out the scheduling! School is done for me on June 6th, so if there's anything I can do to help over the summer, let me know. I would love to be of assistance!

On my iPod so not much else I can say.

Ooh, except this:

loves . loves . And we love .

Later!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Later!
              And rule the world.
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                @ SK

I'm waiting for that continuity beta I'm going to put RTP II through. Where's my file?

I think the line has died many times so far...

**//**

SGA Rising artwork

In order to put Kanaan and Torren on that balcony, one would have to need a picture of both, or Teyla holding Torren and Kanaan standing nearby. The lighting will have to be adjusted plus you'd have to cut Teyla from the original image and re-insert her beautiful self back in with Torren and Kanaan.

I was thinking about doing some sort of trailer like the ones I saw for Pillars of the Earth, but then I realized that with the new characters that might be problematic as I wanted to add a glimpse of Mayel in there as well. Unless there was an actress I could use for that part... But I'm currently in the process of storyboarding so you know, we'll see...

**//**

And that's about it...
                Hey, I didn't say it would be easy. *snerk* Too bad Torren is too small in the Broken Ties scenes. But I know some clever artistic genius could do it. Maybe Teyla with the baby from Prodigal and Kanaan from Broken Ties? Damn you, TPTB. We know they were both there, JM said so. Why weren't they out on that balcony?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  @ SK

Working on it!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  Amen!

Hey, I didn't say it would be easy. *snerk* Too bad Torren is too small in the Broken Ties scenes. But I know some clever artistic genius could do it. Maybe Teyla with the baby from Prodigal and Kanaan from Broken Ties? Damn you, TPTB. We know they were both there, JM said so. Why weren't they out on that balcony?
                  Scheduling conflict for Patrick Sabongui? That seems the most likely explanation.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

finally got up with the the last two days of posts. sorry i havent posted i've been busy with school. i'm two weeks away from finals and i am very stressed out. on top of that i have two dates (with the same woman of course) that im planning and i am very nervous about making a good impression on both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      finally got up with the the last two days of posts. sorry i havent posted i've been busy with school. i'm two weeks away from finals and i am very stressed out. on top of that i have two dates (with the same woman of course) that im planning and i am very nervous about making a good impression on both of them.
                      Finals are the root of all evil.....and 6 days left as a Minor!
                      BALCONIES
                      sigpic

Comment

Works for me. Whew, no more procrastination. Gotta finish my ep, sharpen the red pencil and OMG, so much to do. I can tweet for you if you wish.

So that means he's able to drive with the one arm. Keep at least one hand on the wheel, Joe. LOL
                        When he can drive whilst it is out of its socket, tell him to give me a call. We'll compare notes.

Yeah, that kind of stuff is a sure sign that it was written by a non-math person. Even I know that's silly. Anybody could memorize. That doesn't mean you're good at math. As a literature person, I was amused by the War and Peace book. That's the longest book most people can think of and is always used by writers. There are lots of books that John would have chosen before that one. Personally, I would have gone with Atlas Shrugged, but that may just be me.
                        As a non reader, I think if I were going away and needed something long to read, that would be the one I would choose, if only because I'd heard of it before. Sure, there'd be better books, or longer ones, but that one is very well known. I assume that was probably their reasoning too.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that kind of stuff is a sure sign that it was written by a non-math person. Even I know that's silly. Anybody could memorize. That doesn't mean you're good at math. As a literature person, I was amused by the War and Peace book. That's the longest book most people can think of and is always used by writers. There are lots of books that John would have chosen before that one. Personally, I would have gone with Atlas Shrugged, but that may just be me.
                          Exactly! I have one of Shakespeare's soliloquies memorized but that doesn't make me a literature expert. FAR from it. I just liked that one speech.

For that book idea, I wonder if there would be legal issues with using that book. In the same way that songs are in TV, I wonder if there's public domain books and the other ones you'd have to pay a royalty. Regardless, I like that the title reflects the two of them: diplomat "Peace" Elizabeth, and soldier "War" John. I have no clue what the book is about, other than the things SR's fic said about them.

Ugh, off to work. TGIF! And Friday the 13th! Woot! My good luck day!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                            Finals are the root of all evil.....and 6 days left as a Minor!
                            especially College finals. 6 days left heh? welcome to adulthood.

Comment

Happy Pretty Friday, everyone!

I have a love/hate relationship with Fridays right now. Heh.

So what's on everyone's agenda today? Besides planning how to take over teh world?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                Good luck on both the finals and the dates. I'm glad I'm done with both of them.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                When he can drive whilst it is out of its socket, tell him to give me a call. We'll compare notes.

As a non reader, I think if I were going away and needed something long to read, that would be the one I would choose, if only because I'd heard of it before. Sure, there'd be better books, or longer ones, but that one is very well known. I assume that was probably their reasoning too.
                                Since he had the surgery, I'm hoping the shoulder is back in its socket. LOL Did you see the pics from the OR? He said something at the VanCon about it having to be immobile for quite some time, so I'm guessing he's driving down the LA freeways one-handed. Maybe they should put up an alert on one of those mechanical signs.

That was my whole point. War and Peace is the only long book most people can think of.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Exactly! I have one of Shakespeare's soliloquies memorized but that doesn't make me a literature expert. FAR from it. I just liked that one speech.

For that book idea, I wonder if there would be legal issues with using that book. In the same way that songs are in TV, I wonder if there's public domain books and the other ones you'd have to pay a royalty. Regardless, I like that the title reflects the two of them: diplomat "Peace" Elizabeth, and soldier "War" John. I have no clue what the book is about, other than the things SR's fic said about them.

Ugh, off to work. TGIF! And Friday the 13th! Woot! My good luck day!
                                I didn't think of the public domain angle, but I'm sure that's it. War and Peace is free on most eBooks. I'd like to think they did it as a theme for Sparky, but I'm not that naive.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X