X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Yes!! Now that's what Sunday should have been like. My favorite line is
    Spoiler:
    "McKay was absurdly proud of Sheppard. Hitting Kavanagh would've turned ugly, but humiliating the man mathematically? Fantastic."

Cause, you know, math is good. As is John defending Lizzie's honor.

Agreed!! Reading TPTB's comments about how it's realistic and shows the main characters are in danger? Huh? If you wanted realism, then wouldn't John or someone in team Sheppard have died by now? Not that I want that to happen! That's not what I'm saying. But people who put their lives on the line all the time seem more likely to die than a psychologist, medical doctor, or expedition head.

I'm looking for a fic I read a long time ago, and have been unable to find since. Cameron Mitchell comes to Atlantis and becomes friendly with both John and Elizabeth. Later John gets very jealous when he finds out that Cameron and Elizabeth are dating. John and Elizabeth get tied to a totem pole and try to talk out their differences. In the end the totem pole ends up being brought back to Atlantis. Anybody know the story I'm talking about?
    I remember that one! *goes to look*
    Well, I found it, but it's no longer available on LJ. It was called "Got Them Tied-to-an-alien-totem-pole Blues."
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

I like the iea of John being tied to a Totem pole by Elizabeth!
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Perhaps an Oberoth whump thread? I wouldn't mind hurting him a bit.

Reason #847221 why I love him. Snark is wonderful.

I have a fic rec that is more humor than snark. It's mostly gen, but it has Sparky undertones.
        This is our Festival by Wolf Maid.

I watched that show when it first started, but then it was on at the same time as another show (maybe Bones) and I lost track of it.

I'll give it a shot. I shouldn't be busy next week. The week after that, RL's going to become insane for me taking care of my elderly people. But anyway... I'll try to send you a message in GW using that inbox thing, to give you my email address.

Well, versions of Elizabeth died 4 times (BIS, Lifeline, TMC, GitM). It's almost like they enjoyed killing her.
        That fic was amazing. It should have been reproduced giant size and posted in the writers' room. And that version of Teyla doesn't sound like a polyamorous nomad to me. Loved all of them. Though someone should warn FH about most of the Kate parts.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          That fic was amazing. It should have been reproduced giant size and posted in the writers' room. And that version of Teyla doesn't sound like a polyamorous nomad to me. Loved all of them. Though someone should warn FH about most of the Kate parts.
          I've got a feeling FH would get a kick out of the Kate parts.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Quick alert: space shuttle Discovery is set to launch on its final scheduled mission later today, at 4:50 pm Eastern Time (1:50 pm Pacific Time). As always, you can watch the launch live on NASA TV through your cable/satellite provider, or streaming online. Anyone want to be here to watch the launch?

In related news, you may remember that space shuttle Atlantis went on what we thought was its last mission last year. Not anymore! Atlantis has now been scheduled for a new mission, penciled in for June 28. Stay tuned on that.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Quick alert: space shuttle Discovery is set to launch on its final scheduled mission later today, at 4:50 pm Eastern Time (1:50 pm Pacific Time). As always, you can watch the launch live on NASA TV through your cable/satellite provider, or streaming online. Anyone want to be here to watch the launch?

In related news, you may remember that space shuttle Atlantis went on what we thought was its last mission last year. Not anymore! Atlantis has now been scheduled for a new mission, penciled in for June 28. Stay tuned on that.
              Maybe there will be a John and Elizabeth on there *Snickers*
              BALCONIES
              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh sweet. I remember that Joe got invited to a launch but couldn't go. Maybe they will reinvite him to the Atlantis one. That would be perfect.

And on an exciting personal note. I saw the first robin of spring today! Woot! \0/ Then the lawn service came and applied our "Spring treatment". It's coming I tell ya.
                sigpic

Comment

Perhaps an Oberoth whump thread? I wouldn't mind hurting him a bit.

Reason #847221 why I love him. Snark is wonderful.

I have a fic rec that is more humor than snark. It's mostly gen, but it has Sparky undertones.
                  This is our Festival by Wolf Maid.

I watched that show when it first started, but then it was on at the same time as another show (maybe Bones) and I lost track of it.

I'll give it a shot. I shouldn't be busy next week. The week after that, RL's going to become insane for me taking care of my elderly people. But anyway... I'll try to send you a message in GW using that inbox thing, to give you my email address.

Well, versions of Elizabeth died 4 times (BIS, Lifeline, TMC, GitM). It's almost like they enjoyed killing her.
                  Great fic rec. It brightened my day.

I would love to see that in person, but it's gonna be tough to even catch it online today. SR, I didn't know JF had been invited to attend a launch before, sounds like he has some NASA fans. It would have been great if his schedule had allowed.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Though someone should warn FH about most of the Kate parts.
                    I'll take that as a warning then...

I've got a feeling FH would get a kick out of the Kate parts.
                    Shall see, later when I'm not in class.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                      Great fic rec. It brightened my day.

I would love to see that in person, but it's gonna be tough to even catch it online today. SR, I didn't know JF had been invited to attend a launch before, sounds like he has some NASA fans. It would have been great if his schedule had allowed.
                      From what I heard it was a reporter who was covering the last launch who was a fan. So there's no way to know if that person will be at this launch. It may just have been a one time thing. Sadly.
                      sigpic

Comment

... Anybody miss me???

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                        Hello all! *waves*

Zandra!!!

And welcome, Siara.Corvus!!

I don't know if you guys remember this story of mine, but I FINALLY FINISHED CHAPTER TWO OF ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE!!!! OMG. I've been really really bad about updating this story *cough*Mayoflastyear*cough* but I finally did!

LJ:
                        prologue (for a refresher): http://lantis-kate.livejournal.com/5778.html

Chapter 2: http://lantis-kate.livejournal.com/8996.html

Fanfiction.net (chap 2):
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5408262/3/

Hooray!!
                        AWESOMENESS!!! I was just thinking about that fic earlier, wondering what happened!!!

Still not enough time to catch up here, I only got to the end of page 5349 before I had to finish lunch and head back to work ...

Good to see everyone keeping busy ... and some freaky conversations ... and we hit 107,000! ... Well, YOU hit 107,000!!!

See ya 'round ...

Comment

Greetings, Sparkies! Today's launch of space shuttle Discovery is on schedule, currently in the final built-in hold with just under 45 minutes to go until launch.

Oh sweet. I remember that Joe got invited to a launch but couldn't go. Maybe they will reinvite him to the Atlantis one. That would be perfect.

And on an exciting personal note. I saw the first robin of spring today! Woot! \0/ Then the lawn service came and applied our "Spring treatment". It's coming I tell ya.
                          That would be perfect!

And yay, Spring!

From what I heard it was a reporter who was covering the last launch who was a fan. So there's no way to know if that person will be at this launch. It may just have been a one time thing. Sadly.
                          Well, he could always entice the family with another trip to Disney World.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          ... Anybody miss me???

Heck yeah! *glomps you*

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          AWESOMENESS!!! I was just thinking about that fic earlier, wondering what happened!!!

Still not enough time to catch up here, I only got to the end of page 5349 before I had to finish lunch and head back to work ...

Good to see everyone keeping busy ... and some freaky conversations ... and we hit 107,000! ... Well, YOU hit 107,000!!!

See ya 'round ...
                          Hey, you helped us get to that 107,000! Hope you're able to come back and have some fun soon!

Comment

Shuttle update: Final go/no-go poll has been taken, and we are tentatively go for launch pending an issue with range safety computers.

Comment

Range is go, and the launch is on! Less than five minutes to go!

Comment

The beanie cap is being removed from the top of the external fuel tank...

Comment

Working...
                                X