No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    YAY!!! I survived 12 hours of work!

But I come home and find my microwave is dead. EDIT: Then the internet went down for the night and I didn’t get to post this till morning.

Crud.
    Eeek! Well, I know Target has some good and cheap microwaves...

Workin on it right now ... it's heading straight for the gutter!!! LOL
    Excellent! The gutter is always a good place! Heeheehee!

Soon, grasshopper.

*scratches head and realizes she ripped that off from SK*

Heh.
    *pumps fist in victory*

Twice?!?! What am I missing? I know the one time in TRW, but ... *continues scratching head*
    "Hot Zone." Remember how that one scientist from Rodney's team snuck off and was getting the doors open to go straight to the gateroom and John was all freaked out and demanding to be let out of the gym so he and Teyla could stop the guy before he infected the rest of the city? And he and Elizabeth had that "You said so yourself -- you are the ranking military officer. I can't chance you getting infected." "I can't chance you getting infected." argument over the radio that ended with John pulling rank on Bates to let him out of the gym?

Hmm, maybe I should've added that one to the quiz, LOL!

*nods approvingly* Nice answer key!!! Yay, I was right on most of them. I suppose my punishment on the points I missed is to go back and "research" said episode, right???
    Any excuse to rewatch episodes is a good one, I'd say!

Working on fics some more, then heading to bed ...

EDIT: That was last night.

Yeah, I slept in this morning til almost 11, then go to work at 2 til 11. Love my life!
    11? Wow, I don't think I've ever slept in that late, LOL!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Eeek! Well, I know Target has some good and cheap microwaves...
      Yeah, I must secretly be blonde. It wasn't plugged in.

Excellent! The gutter is always a good place! Heeheehee!
      True that!!! Well, keeping that in mind, I may hafta post this chapter tomorrow ...

*pumps fist in victory*

"Hot Zone." Remember how that one scientist from Rodney's team snuck off and was getting the doors open to go straight to the gateroom and John was all freaked out and demanding to be let out of the gym so he and Teyla could stop the guy before he infected the rest of the city? And he and Elizabeth had that "You said so yourself -- you are the ranking military officer. I can't chance you getting infected." "I can't chance you getting infected." argument over the radio that ended with John pulling rank on Bates to let him out of the gym?

Hmm, maybe I should've added that one to the quiz, LOL!
      Yep, you should've. Well, got some "research" to do!!!

Any excuse to rewatch episodes is a good one, I'd say!
      *points to sentence above*

11? Wow, I don't think I've ever slept in that late, LOL!
      I normally don't!!! I had my alarm set for 9 so I could run some errands before work, but, as usual, hit the wrong button ... And it rained last night, and it's all grey outside today, and I really don't wanna do anything productive ... in RL, that is. SparkyWorld is a totally different story.

Comment

Yeah, I must secretly be blonde. It wasn't plugged in.
        Whoops! LOL!

True that!!! Well, keeping that in mind, I may hafta post this chapter tomorrow ...
        Indeed! Perfect timing, I'd say!

I normally don't!!! I had my alarm set for 9 so I could run some errands before work, but, as usual, hit the wrong button ... And it rained last night, and it's all grey outside today, and I really don't wanna do anything productive ... in RL, that is. SparkyWorld is a totally different story.
        Ah, gray and rainy days. Definitely a good excuse to snuggle in bed and snooze a little longer.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

***Still doing the meme***

Spoiler:
          Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
          Day 18: Favorite side character
          Day 19: Most annoying side character
          Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
          Day 21: Best quote
          Day 22: Worst quote
          Day 23: Saddest character death
          Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
          Day 25: Favorite kiss
          Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
          Day 27: Funniest screen cap
          Day 28: Favorite enemy
          Day 29: Least favorite enemy
          Day 30: One thing you would change
          Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 16: Favorite season

Without a doubt, season 1.

Cut off from Earth, on their own, trying to find means to power the city, to survive, making new friends, discover new things...

Yup, I would definitely put season 1 in the top spot.

1. Season 1
          2. Season 3
          3. Season 2

And totally unranked - season 4 and 5.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Whoops! LOL!

Indeed! Perfect timing, I'd say!
            *cackles*

Ah, gray and rainy days. Definitely a good excuse to snuggle in bed and snooze a little longer.
            Ergo, sleeping till 11!!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Spoiler:
            Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)

Cut off from Earth, on their own, trying to find means to power the city, to survive, making new friends, discover new things...

1. Season 1
            2. Season 3
            3. Season 2

Oops. I forgot!!!

I really like Zelenka, especially the way when he and Rodney work together, they finish each other's sentences because *gasp* he is as smart as Rodney!!!

He strikes me as a genuinely nice guy.

Spoiler:

Comment

Off to work. Hope the fic bunnies are productive today, and everyone has a good day in general! Sparky FTW!!!

Comment

Hope work treats you well!

Comment

Good afternoon all! I hope everyone is having a wonderful and sparky day! I will be on intermittently as I have CLEANING that needs to be done. Such is life!

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                    *runs in and collapses in a heap and starts laughing hysterically* IT'S FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Bwahaha, woooooo!!! That project I promised yesterday is here!!

This took forevvvvvver! Let me see... probably 13 hours, at times possibly over 12 layers, at least 9 references, 1 tutorial, and countless wrock (wizard rock) and random songs later... I give you this...

Spoiler:

Someone many pages back (I forgot who) mentioned John and Liz dancing together at an Athosian harvest festival and once I heard this song I was just struck with an urge to draw (and paint) that scene. Honestly I think it's one of, if not the, best Sparky drawings I have ever done (certainly the best non-portait one of Elizabeth). Even though I CANNOT shade faces in firelight to save my life!!! Arrggh! I especially like how the background turned out - it reminds me of Disney concept art for some reason. But yeah... forever. Just the lineart of John and Liz itself took over 4 hours (John's face was being sooooo stupid!!! Grrr him! For once Lizzie was actually relatively easy, b/c I found a screencap with just the right angle and even the right expression! So lucky on that; usually Liz never turns out right for me, but this time she did!

Apologies for the mini-rant/gush of info, but I've been working on it so long that I just had to get it out! *takes a deep breath and relaxes* Ahh...
                    That is amazing. I'd love to see it in oils.

Hello all, I'm baaaaccckkk and glad to be home. You guys were remarkably productive while I was gone. I'm glad I could get online the little bit I did or I'd never catch up. Though my brother looking over my shoulder was very annoying.

My friend who's a Sparky shipper but not on the forum came over and we watched the Joe interviews from CoP and squeed while Mr. SR and bro looked on but hopefully didn't see us clutch each other and drool when he was speaking French.. I showed my bro the pics from the Chicago con and he said I had a death grip on Joe and asked did they have to call security. LOL Little brothers never grow up.

I'll have to catch up on the meme days I missed later.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Lorne. For his humor.

Siege part 3 on tv. I "Squee" like a little girl during the hug. I thought with time, I would be able to watch this scene without a big smile on my face but my Sparky genes are too strong.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

1. Season 1
                        2. Season 3
                        3. Season 2

I heartily agree with that!

Off to work. Hope the fic bunnies are productive today, and everyone has a good day in general! Sparky FTW!!!

Eeek! Don't let 'em work you too hard!

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                        Good afternoon all! I hope everyone is having a wonderful and sparky day! I will be on intermittently as I have CLEANING that needs to be done. Such is life!
                        Ugh, cleaning! I need to do some of that, too, LOL!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        That is amazing. I'd love to see it in oils.

Hello all, I'm baaaaccckkk and glad to be home. You guys were remarkably productive while I was gone. I'm glad I could get online the little bit I did or I'd never catch up. Though my brother looking over my shoulder was very annoying.

My friend who's a Sparky shipper but not on the forum came over and we watched the Joe interviews from CoP and squeed while Mr. SR and bro looked on but hopefully didn't see us clutch each other and drool when he was speaking French.. I showed my bro the pics from the Chicago con and he said I had a death grip on Joe and asked did they have to call security. LOL Little brothers never grow up.

I'll have to catch up on the meme days I missed later.
                        SR! We missed you! *glomps and snuggles*

*cracks up at the brother's antics*

Sounds like you totally have to get your friend on the forum!

Originally posted by Probie View Post

Lorne. For his humor.

Siege part 3 on tv. I "Squee" like a little girl during the hug. I thought with time, I would be able to watch this scene without a big smile on my face but my Sparky genes are too strong.
                        Heehee! There is no resisting the cuteness of Sparky!

Comment

I heartily agree with that!

Eeek! Don't let 'em work you too hard!

Ugh, cleaning! I need to do some of that, too, LOL!

SR! We missed you! *glomps and snuggles*

*cracks up at the brother's antics*

Sounds like you totally have to get your friend on the forum!

Heehee! There is no resisting the cuteness of Sparky!
                          Glad to be back. I've tried to get my friend on the forum for years but she's active in another place that I fail to understand the attraction of. Anyway, she's...*tries to be diplomatic*...a very strong Sparky shipper to the point that talk of any other choice sets her off into a rant of red-headed rage. So it's just as well she's not around here to get us in trouble. LOL I gave her one of our SGARising cards however. I think we'll see her there.

Meanwhile let me welcome myself back with something that has proven all too true this week.

Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm going to do it! I'm going to write a sparky, fluffy fic. Hopefully I can make it short and where you all will like it. I'm going to hand write it while I'm hanging out with my 10mo providing he let's me, he's been fussy lately.. *fingers crossed*

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

...where you all will like it.
                              That is simply not possible.

*puts philosophical hat on which promptly covers her eyes*

True fact - not everyone likes everything the same. That would make this a very boring world. *sticks little paw in the air to emphasize the meaning*

*peeks from under hat and realizes no one's listening*

So... um... *scrurries off* ... don't mind me.

Comment

Glad to be back. I've tried to get my friend on the forum for years but she's active in another place that I fail to understand the attraction of. Anyway, she's...*tries to be diplomatic*...a very strong Sparky shipper to the point that talk of any other choice sets her off into a rant of red-headed rage. So it's just as well she's not around here to get us in trouble. LOL I gave her one of our SGARising cards however. I think we'll see her there.
                                *cackles at the irony of the 'red-headed rage' line*

Meanwhile let me welcome myself back with something that has proven all too true this week.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...tor2157239.jpg
                                Yes! We're pesky! There's just no getting rid of us, hahahahah!

I'm going to do it! I'm going to write a sparky, fluffy fic. Hopefully I can make it short and where you all will like it. I'm going to hand write it while I'm hanging out with my 10mo providing he let's me, he's been fussy lately.. *fingers crossed*
                                [Darth Vader voice]Muahahaha... your training in the Dark Side is nearly complete, our young apprentice.[/Darth Vader voice]

That is simply not possible.

*puts philosophical hat on which promptly covers her eyes*

True fact - not everyone likes everything the same. That would make this a very boring world. *sticks little paw in the air to emphasize the meaning*

*peeks from under hat and realizes no one's listening*

So... um... *scrurries off* ... don't mind me.
                                Hee... *sends a saucer of sugar to the lemming* True fax, that. We celebrate our differences!

Comment

Working...
                                X