Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    Are you guys interested in a super huge hi-res pic of Joe? Check THIS link!!
    Ooo, pretty eyes!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I'm sending that pic to my friend. She was back begging me for more today. The woman has become insatiable. And her son never gets to play with his action figure.

Now we have to find out what football team Joe roots for. I think Colorado is supposed to do pretty well this year. Eri will know for sure. I have no hope that he's a Hokie fan but USC is a possibility. He seems to be getting more like John every day. I wonder if he knows about that huge ferris wheel in Chicago? Maybe next year.
    Colorado? I'm not sure, because they're out in the West and we don't do too much indepth with the Western conferences. But based on what I see statistically they're about middle of the pack Big XII. They're not currently ranked.

Joe seems like he could be a USC fan to me. But I'm not sure. Who's going to see him next? Someone should ask him.

Actually, I'll tweet him the question just for kicks and see if he answers.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Ooo, pretty eyes!

Colorado? I'm not sure, because they're out in the West and we don't do too much indepth with the Western conferences. But based on what I see statistically they're about middle of the pack Big XII. They're not currently ranked.

Joe seems like he could be a USC fan to me. But I'm not sure. Who's going to see him next? Someone should ask him.

There 'ya go. Direct access. Don't you love it. He may also be a fan of the NFL. At the con they got Michael to admit he's a Cowboys fan and he was very knowledgeable of the team.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

One more day, and I'm off on vacay!

Originally posted by ForestFern View Post
        whatever I do, I can't get over the upper lip area... I had to sleep for a few hours, hoping a fresh start will improve my performance... nope... I'm still stuck...

but I shall prevail, don't worry! It's a tough one but someone HAS to do it

if you don't hear from me soon, you'll know what happened
        LOL! Yes, he does have a rather troublesome upper lip, doesn't he?

Good job. Keep it up. And when you finish with that one, you can start on this one. I think I saw a really big one around somewhere also. *goes to look*

Guh! *falls over*

Ooo, pretty eyes!
        They're even more mesmerizing in person. I'm sure SR can back me up on that.

Doooo iiiiittttt! Tweet him, tweet him! Consider it market research.

There 'ya go. Direct access. Don't you love it. He may also be a fan of the NFL. At the con they got Michael to admit he's a Cowboys fan and he was very knowledgeable of the team.
        Hmm, good point. I wonder what NFL team he might root for...
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Joe and Torri are always amazing to look at. It's like a fly to a shiny light, can't stop looking at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

One more day, and I'm off on vacay!

LOL! Yes, he does have a rather troublesome upper lip, doesn't he?

Guh! *falls over*

They're even more mesmerizing in person. I'm sure SR can back me up on that.

Doooo iiiiittttt! Tweet him, tweet him! Consider it market research.

Hmm, good point. I wonder what NFL team he might root for...
            You know, I'm certain I looked into his eyes but I don't have a clear memory of it. I know I shook his hand but I have no memory of that either. I remember shaking hands with David very clearly...soft, good handshake. But no memory of touching Joe's hand. I do, however, have a vivid memory of the hug and feeling the flappy part of his belt. He doesn't have an ounce of fat on him so you feel lean muscles...very firm and the arms are...*wanders off* Another thing I remember vividly is turning my head toward him and my whole field of vision being filled with that lovely black stubble. Then the next thing I remember is being in the hall doing the happy dance. Maybe at some point, it will all come back in detail. I didn't notice any sort of delicious smell that everybody talks about either.

Anybody here who hasn't had the full Joe experience, needs to move heaven and earth to make it happen.

SK, do you have an idea of what you are going to say to him in LA?
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not often in this thread. Shame on me. Hi my sparky friends! How are you?

Originally posted by Kinky_Carter View Post
              Joe and Torri are always amazing to look at. It's like a fly to a shiny light, can't stop looking at them.
              Don't know if I saw you before but hi!

The LA convention is soon or we have to wait months and months.....?
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                I'm not often in this thread. Shame on me. Hi my sparky friends! How are you?

Don't know if I saw you before but hi!

The LA convention is soon or we have to wait months and months.....?
                Hey, we've missed you. The LA con is in November.
                sigpic

Comment

Hello thread. i had a helluva week, been too busy, and have been feeling too crappy. Still feel like that, so some cheering up wouldn't do me any harm. *hugs*
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Does this help?

Spoiler:

And I had a thought yesterday. I rewatched 38 Minutes with the idea that this one came so early in S1 that any Sparky must be purely imaginary. But while watching it, the Sparky just grabbed me by the throat and didn't let go. I think it was Elizabeth's reaction to hearing that it was John that was injured, her tone and facial expressions. Then it was confirmed when he spoke directly to her on the radio and his tone of voice and facial expressions softened completely and it was like all the other people listening just disappeared. That bit when he tried to tell her something was so intimate it was almost embarrassing to watch. I know it couldn't have been any sort of personal declaration of feelings or even anything involving just her. But the idea that he wanted to say whatever it was to her and no one else was just so powerfully intimate it was startling. And I don't know how anyone watching wouldn't have thought that this was the only ship possible.

I wondered too why they did the last scene the way they did and even before that, why focus on Elizabeth's reaction for so long when they were trying to revive him. She and Teyla even exchanged a look and it was like Teyla was assuring her that she wasn't to worry that everything was being done that could be. It was one of those moments women have when one is reassuring the other that her man is going to be okay. But the infirmary scene. Why was it so flirty with Elizabeth? Why have him be so casual and teasing with his team and have Elizabeth linger behind? If they wanted her to be just his boss and saw no possible ship between them, wouldn't it have been better to have her say a few words like, "Glad you're going to be okay Major. We need your expertise around here." And then have her leave him with his team. But the fact that she was the only one there and they did the low tone of voice, eyebrow raise, flirty banter thing screams ship. IMHO, of course.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky_Carter View Post
                      Nope, definitely can't stop looking at them. Wouldn't have it any other way!

You know, I'm certain I looked into his eyes but I don't have a clear memory of it. I know I shook his hand but I have no memory of that either. I remember shaking hands with David very clearly...soft, good handshake. But no memory of touching Joe's hand. I do, however, have a vivid memory of the hug and feeling the flappy part of his belt. He doesn't have an ounce of fat on him so you feel lean muscles...very firm and the arms are...*wanders off* Another thing I remember vividly is turning my head toward him and my whole field of vision being filled with that lovely black stubble. Then the next thing I remember is being in the hall doing the happy dance. Maybe at some point, it will all come back in detail. I didn't notice any sort of delicious smell that everybody talks about either.
                      *shrieks of laughter* I guess we'll have to add 'causes amnesia in all females who meet him' to the ever-growing list of Joe's superpowers!

Anybody here who hasn't had the full Joe experience, needs to move heaven and earth to make it happen.
                      Amen to that!

SK, do you have an idea of what you are going to say to him in LA?
                      Not a clue. Still got two months to figure it out.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      Hello thread. i had a helluva week, been too busy, and have been feeling too crappy. Still feel like that, so some cheering up wouldn't do me any harm. *hugs*
                      *hugs back* Sounds like you need some candy fluff! How about:

Chocolate Hunt, by finnstardust.
                      Summary: What is John prepared to do when Elizabeth needs chocolate?

All Hallow's Eve by Reyclou.
                      Summary: Rampant sugary chaos, plus Elizabeth in bunny slippers, is afoot in the halls of Atlantis!

Happy Sparky reading!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh. Yum. *falls over*

And I had a thought yesterday. I rewatched 38 Minutes with the idea that this one came so early in S1 that any Sparky must be purely imaginary. But while watching it, the Sparky just grabbed me by the throat and didn't let go. I think it was Elizabeth's reaction to hearing that it was John that was injured, her tone and facial expressions. Then it was confirmed when he spoke directly to her on the radio and his tone of voice and facial expressions softened completely and it was like all the other people listening just disappeared. That bit when he tried to tell her something was so intimate it was almost embarrassing to watch. I know it couldn't have been any sort of personal declaration of feelings or even anything involving just her. But the idea that he wanted to say whatever it was to her and no one else was just so powerfully intimate it was startling. And I don't know how anyone watching wouldn't have thought that this was the only ship possible.

I wondered too why they did the last scene the way they did and even before that, why focus on Elizabeth's reaction for so long when they were trying to revive him. She and Teyla even exchanged a look and it was like Teyla was assuring her that she wasn't to worry that everything was being done that could be. It was one of those moments women have when one is reassuring the other that her man is going to be okay. But the infirmary scene. Why was it so flirty with Elizabeth? Why have him be so casual and teasing with his team and have Elizabeth linger behind? If they wanted her to be just his boss and saw no possible ship between them, wouldn't it have been better to have her say a few words like, "Glad you're going to be okay Major. We need your expertise around here." And then have her leave him with his team. But the fact that she was the only one there and they did the low tone of voice, eyebrow raise, flirty banter thing screams ship. IMHO, of course.
                        Let's see, Thirty Eight Minutes was written by... Brad Wright. Whoa. I guess TPTW decided to drop the shipping ideas from the casting sides a lot sooner than we thought. Because you're absolutely right! Why else would they put in such deliberately obvious hints at Sheppard/Weir if they weren't intending on going in that direction? In my own humble opinion, which just so happens to coincide with yours.

Comment

38 Minutes convinced me that John/Elizabeth was supposed to be the official ship. I saw some hints in Rising, but it was 38 Minutes that made me sure. I had no idea that the writers had another ship in mind and so everything you just said added up to J/E ship to me. And there was Elizabeth rushing into the jumper and then collapsing in relief on the bench..... did they seriously not see how that all would be taken?
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Then a plot bunny came after me, Sheppard as a Navy pilot that gets shot up and Weir as the nurse who helps him recover. Any takers?
                            It would be a very nice story, hope someone takes it

A little humour about it:
                            Spoiler:
                            http://tinyurl.com/3x3npae

Elizabeth: Don't be worried, you won't feel a thing (thinking: nice ass!)
                            John: Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch!!!!!!!!!!! (thinking: liar!)

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              38 Minutes convinced me that John/Elizabeth was supposed to be the official ship. I saw some hints in Rising, but it was 38 Minutes that made me sure. I had no idea that the writers had another ship in mind and so everything you just said added up to J/E ship to me. And there was Elizabeth rushing into the jumper and then collapsing in relief on the bench..... did they seriously not see how that all would be taken?
                              That's EXACTLY what I thought when I watched that episode for the first time.
                              I hadn't read anything about "official ship" and I was spoiler free and Sparky came out of screen very clearly to me, especially starting from 38 Minutes!!!

Comment

Does this help?

That is always what happens to me when I watch all of Season 1. There's a connection between John and Elizabeth that's palpable, and every time I go back and rewatch S1, I convince myself I'm just being overly romantic that there's Sparky there. And every time I actually watch they defy my expectations. The way John sounds, so desperate to tell Elizabeth whatever he needs to tell her, gets me every time, too.

I don't see it as romantic in the sense of straight-up attraction but definitely a growing connection and strong bond that underlies everything that comes after it. 38 Minutes, The Eye--they all lay the foundation for how I interpret everything that comes after. It's why it's so easy for me to snap my fingers and say "John being darker and colder in S4/S5? That has a lot to do with Elizabeth's 'death'." Why? Because if you go back and look at the fact he was already connected to her on a personal level in 38 Minutes--if you see how he reacts to her being 'killed' in TE--you understand why losing her three years later, where that relationship has had time to grow and deepen even more--would absolutely change a man.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X