X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    SGU
    Spoiler:
    the season finale is very slow and not very action packed still got thirty minutes to go till it's over.
    I hear the ratings are a bit...slow...and not very action packed also. Not that I'm snickering or anything.

SK, fantastic job on the homework. Great description and detail.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hi Sparkies, hope everybody is OK
      I didn't have time to read your homeworks but I promise I will ... I had a crappy week at work and seems next weeks won't be any better.
      Hopefully in July I will have 3 weeks holyday and I'll have time for Sparky videos and fics
      Have a nice weekend everybody.

OT
      Spoiler:
      The weekend started badly with this poor kitten abandoned on the street:
      http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1527036902
      He's sick and is very thin, he needs recovery. Let's hope my vet will do the miracle!!!
      And then me and my friend will find a good adoption for him

Comment

We just got back home from the funeral. It was a beautiful ceremony and very touching at times. I'm glad my mother in law was allowed to be there. There's a chance she'll be allowed to return home on monday, so we're looking forward to that.
        Again, thank you everyone, for your support.

SK, that novelization was great!

nephtys, I'll keep my fingers crossed for that kitten.

Sig by me

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Thanks for the good words on my homework, everyone! I'm glad it came out so well!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I hear the ratings are a bit...slow...and not very action packed also. Not that I'm snickering or anything.
          *snickers*

Hmm, I guess now I'm going to have to bite the bullet and watch all of Season 1 to look for anything we might be able to use in Season 6. Oh, the humanity.

nephtys: Awww! I hope the kitten does okay! And I'm sorry your week has been crappy; things have got to improve soon!

Kris: I'm glad to hear your mother in law is doing well and that she'll be home soon! *big hugs*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SK, fantastic job on the homework. Great description and detail.
            Sgu's ratings arent so great, especially for the second half. And the second half is a whole lot better than the first half. i guess a lot of people lost interest because of all the ummm "character development" going on in the first half and didnt care enough to watch the second half. Especially since most of the character developement involved
            Spoiler:
            soap opera sex and drama just not in your own body using the communication stones; so it could be called sci-fi. It nearly turned me off, I dont mind sex on a tv show as long as its done tastefully and not in someone elses body. At least that wasnt going on second half and they actually put the stones to good use.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
              We just got back home from the funeral. It was a beautiful ceremony and very touching at times. I'm glad my mother in law was allowed to be there. There's a chance she'll be allowed to return home on monday, so we're looking forward to that.
              Again, thank you everyone, for your support.

SK, that novelization was great!

nephtys, I'll keep my fingers crossed for that kitten.
              (((hugs))) I know you're glad it's over. I'm also glad your MIL got to go. She would have always regretted it even though it was very painful.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Thanks for the good words on my homework, everyone! I'm glad it came out so well!

*snickers*

Hmm, I guess now I'm going to have to bite the bullet and watch all of Season 1 to look for anything we might be able to use in Season 6. Oh, the humanity.

nephtys: Awww! I hope the kitten does okay! And I'm sorry your week has been crappy; things have got to improve soon!

Kris: I'm glad to hear your mother in law is doing well and that she'll be home soon! *big hugs*
              You are indeed a brave soul. There are some things I won't do, even for Sparky. I'm glad some people get enjoyment out of that show, but I barely survived the pilot. Mr. SR and I have a lot in common with Joe's kids. LOL
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                Sgu's ratings arent so great, especially for the second half. And the second half is a whole lot better than the first half. i guess a lot of people lost interest because of all the ummm "character development" going on in the first half and didnt care enough to watch the second half. Especially since most of the character developement involved
                Spoiler:
                soap opera sex and drama just not in your own body using the communication stones; so it could be called sci-fi. It nearly turned me off, I dont mind sex on a tv show as long as its done tastefully and not in someone elses body. At least that wasnt going on second half and they actually put the stones to good use.
                *snorts* Honestly, I'm surprised I held out until Time. Though it was fun watching everyone get killed off again and again.

You are indeed a brave soul. There are some things I won't do, even for Sparky. I'm glad some people get enjoyment out of that show, but I barely survived the pilot. Mr. SR and I have a lot in common with Joe's kids. LOL
                Bwahahaha!

But yeah, someone's gotta do it, so it might as well be me. After all, we've got to make sure Season 6 jives with canon.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SK, maybe we could do another post-a-thon. That way you won't have to suffer all by yourself

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                    SK, maybe we could do another post-a-thon. That way you won't have to suffer all by yourself
                    True, dat. After all, the thread that snarks together, stays together. We've just got to keep telling ourselves, 'it's all in the name of Sparky.' LOL!

Comment

We tied England 1:1... weeeee! I thought we were going to get our butts handed to us.

Quiet Sparky day again. This has got to stop. *thinks*
                      sigpic

Comment

We tied England 1:1... weeeee! I thought we were going to get our butts handed to us.

Quiet Sparky day again. This has got to stop. *thinks*
                        *cracks up*

Hey, go turn on SyFy, Stonehenge: Apocalypse is about to come on! I think I'm gonna go post-a-thon in the Torri-Weir thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          *cracks up*

Hey, go turn on SyFy, Stonehenge: Apocalypse is about to come on! I think I'm gonna go post-a-thon in the Torri-Weir thread.
                          I'm recording it. My cookout just broke up and we are exhausted. Nothing to do with the gallon of Sangria. FYI: Did you know if you freeze Sangria, it makes a really nice slushy? There's got to be a fic there somewhere. Will think tomorrow.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm recording it. My cookout just broke up and we are exhausted. Nothing to do with the gallon of Sangria. FYI: Did you know if you freeze Sangria, it makes a really nice slushy? There's got to be a fic there somewhere. Will think tomorrow.
                            Mmmm, hurt-comfort fic involving John and Elizabeth getting brain freeze?

Comment

Yes, Miss Torri was good in Stonehenge. The British accent was interesting. Nothing against Brits, I know a few and they're terrific folks. But now if Miss Torri got to play something with a Southern drawl, saying maybe something like, "I do declare. You've given me a terrible case of the vapors!" Or being all angry, "Don't sass me or I'll stomp a mud hole in ya then walk it dry."
                              Last edited by pkprd869; 12 June 2010, 08:30 PM.
                              "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

I'm always feeling very conflicted on the topic of SGU. I think no matter how good I feel the quality of the writing is, I'll probably feel resentful toward the show on some level because I'm still annoyed at the fact that SGA as canceled for it. As if the writers had a shiny new toy to play with because dramas were "in" now or something. So I sort of had mixed emotions about wanting to like the show or not. It didn't start off at the level that it's two predecessors did, in my opinion, so I thought it was just "OK" most of the time. Still I think my enjoyment of the episodes improved little by little as the show proceeded.

With that said I actually really very much enjoyed finale, and I think I might just finally be able to appreciate the show for what it is and would be sad it see it be discontinued. It's different enough that I think comparing it to SGA positively or negatively isn't really the best way think about it.

I think the second half of the season was definitely better of the two, so it's a little unfortunate the ratings were worse for it.

Still I sometimes have a weird moment when I think about ratings when my mixed feelings emerge. Sorta of like "Hah! The ratings aren't as high as before! That'll show them! Oh wait, the ratings aren't as high as before! Crap! "
                                Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 12 June 2010, 09:16 PM.
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X