Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    Anyway. I think I need to go shopping for a flak jacket or riot gear or something for when my random speculation that I probably shouldn't have mentioned doesn't come true.

Think big, hot needles Mel. And yes, you SHOULD mention it. Half the fun is in the guessing.

As for The Long Goodbye, a friend and I were looking last night night for a quote that said that
    Spoiler:
    Sheppard and Weir would be trapped together in a life support pod,
    but we weren't able to confirm it. (She swears she read that in an interview with Joe Mallozzi, but we couldn't find it in any of her print magazines or on the web. ) So this is still very much speculation about the episode. We'll probably start getting more about it as we get closer to the airing of it. Sorry about not being able to find it!
    I am crossing all ten fingers, toes, legs and eyes for that one to BE true.
    Spoiler:
    I can't think of anything better for this ship right now than for Shep and Weir to be trapped together in some way for an extended period of time which would force them to just...talk about personal things.
    Of everything on my 'wish list' for them this season, I think I want that most of all. Even if it goes no further than just increasing the friendship, it still increases and strengthens their relationship with each other and adds yet another building 'block' to the stack.

-B

Comment

She's been pretty busy, and the forum in general had gotten kind of not-fun for her, because of a few idiots who were running around and making general nuisances of themselves.

Anyway. I think I need to go shopping for a flak jacket or riot gear or something for when my random speculation that I probably shouldn't have mentioned doesn't come true.

As for The Long Goodbye, a friend and I were looking last night night for a quote that said that
      Spoiler:
      Sheppard and Weir would be trapped together in a life support pod,
      but we weren't able to confirm it. (She swears she read that in an interview with Joe Mallozzi, but we couldn't find it in any of her print magazines or on the web. ) So this is still very much speculation about the episode. We'll probably start getting more about it as we get closer to the airing of it. Sorry about not being able to find it!

That reminds me a little of the Enterprise episode "Shuttlepod one" where Reed and Tucker are trapped in a lifepod and that's the beginning of their friendship. If it came down to 10 hours of air, and they knew help was on the way eventually, I wonder who would try to sacrifice themselves. Probably Sheppard.

Wait, that sounds a lot like O'Neill and Sam's visit to the antartic gate. If they have to cut the heat to stretch the oxygen, and start snuggling for warmth. Hmmm.

Comment

Actually, she and I were getting waaaaay off-topic in the Sam/Jack thread one day talking about Sheppard/Weir, and the two of us were kind of pleasantly surprised to see we weren't the only ones who liked the idea of Sheppard/Weir. Then The Eye aired in Canada in the middle of November last year, and we realized that it wasn't just a figment of our imaginations. So MF started the thread.

Oh, and as far as I know, she hasn't seen Conversion yet. Haven't talked to her in a few days, though.
        Yeah, it's that ep that really lets you know it's a mite more than friendship at work between these two. Actually 38 mins hints at it too but eye/storm really nails it home for you.

Great idea on the thread to the both of you! Were people actively shipping teyla/shep at that time or was there just not much ship going on over here? I assume that shep/weir took off here at GW pretty fast once she started the thread. Was there any kind of backlash reaction to the thread at first?

-B ; )

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
          Yeah, it's that ep that really lets you know it's a mite more than friendship at work between these two. Actually 38 mins hints at it too but eye/storm really nails it home for you.

Great idea on the thread to the both of you! Were people actively shipping teyla/shep at that time or was there just not much ship going on over here? I assume that shep/weir took off here at GW pretty fast once she started the thread. Was there any kind of backlash reaction to the thread at first?

-B ; )
          I've always thought Shep much closer to Weir's IQ than Teyla. He can challenge her mentally. Also, I saw the chemistry from the first episode. Remember the first time he went through the atlantis gate with Sumner, he actually turned back and waved. Earlier, Weir picked up the champagne and held it up to Sheppard, not Sumner. Maybe it was attraction, and maybe it was gratitude for giving a man with a bad military record another chance.

Comment

-B ; )
            The Shep/Weir thread was the first ship thread for Atlantis, I think. The next was McKay/Weir, and then all of the sudden all these Shep/Teyla people started posting in here, and Astro got so fed up with it that she went and started a thread for them. (It was really strange, like they didn't realize they could start their own thread instead of trying to defend Shep/Teyla in here...) Anyway, this one was the first, which is ironic, since Shep/Teyla was supposed to be the "canon" romance. And along the way, lots of people have come in here and been surprised to find so many others who like this ship too.

Speaking of which, my brother and I were watching Conversion the other day, and I commented on my surprise at how much Elizabeth was in the episode. He said, "Well, it's not that surprising. She and Sheppard are obviously making out in a closet every time they get a chance."
            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
            Last update: 14 April 2006
            Melyanna's Multimedia
            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Lot of great new info here...I should check more often!

I had a question about "Conversion",
              Spoiler:
              Did Dex or any of the others know about the "incident" in the beggining of the ep? Also, did anyone other than Caldwell notice a special bond between John and Liz? In previous eps its been obvious that Rodney has picked up on it. It would interesting if that notion is started to spread around the city...

Thanks,

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                Lot of great new info here...I should check more often!

I had a question about "Conversion",
                Spoiler:
                Did Dex or any of the others know about the "incident" in the beggining of the ep? Also, did anyone other than Caldwell notice a special bond between John and Liz? In previous eps its been obvious that Rodney has picked up on it. It would interesting if that notion is started to spread around the city...

Thanks,

Royal
                I got the impression that no one knew about Sheppard's
                Spoiler:
                "rape" scene. I suspect he got the message to report to medical, went to his quarters to take a "cold" shower, dressed and headed to medical. The time to mention that and the fact he could out run Ronan was during that initial consultation. But the wraith mind fog had already started. Shep didn't get the antiviral until after the spot appeared on his arm.

That's just my take. I don't think they gave in any more thought until after they had solved Shep's problem. This is in character. After something like that, the woman is most likely not to want to tell anybody. Except maybe Weir. And with the Weif/Shep ship, that's unlikely.

From the way Shep was acting in the episode validation
                Spoiler:
                I think he really didn't think about it again until he was almost back to his old self.

Comment

The Shep/Weir thread was the first ship thread for Atlantis, I think. The next was McKay/Weir, and then all of the sudden all these Shep/Teyla people started posting in here, and Astro got so fed up with it that she went and started a thread for them. (It was really strange, like they didn't realize they could start their own thread instead of trying to defend Shep/Teyla in here...) Anyway, this one was the first, which is ironic, since Shep/Teyla was supposed to be the "canon" romance. And along the way, lots of people have come in here and been surprised to find so many others who like this ship too.

Speaking of which, my brother and I were watching Conversion the other day, and I commented on my surprise at how much Elizabeth was in the episode. He said, "Well, it's not that surprising. She and Sheppard are obviously making out in a closet every time they get a chance."
                  Now, I DO find that very interesting and a bit surprising given all the 'pre-talk' about the canon romance. Pretty obvious that it wasn't going to fly early on with most fans it appears. I still can't decide if TPTB were just tossing an early 'red herring' with shep/tey or if they actually had some idea of going that route to begin with. It just looks like to me from the get-go that they had every intent of making shep/weir the focus relationship of the entire series. Why would you do that if you didn't intend it to be that way for the duration. In education, we have a saying, 'Begin the way you intend'. Hard for me to believe that they didn't see shep/weir or plan forming from the beginning. Even in Rising, it's most obvious.

And LOL! You're brother is a very perceptive fella it would seem! So. Doing. It. ; ) I love that.

-B

Comment

In the end Shep mentioned that he was, "starting to remember things", so I took it as the "bug" had taken over in the Teyla scene, and he couldn't remember it when he was "himself" with Beckett. A bit like a split personality thing going on.

Perhaps the reason there was no apology to Liz was that he hadn't remembered it yet.
                    Last edited by FoolishPleasure; 16 September 2005, 09:32 AM. Reason: extra idea

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                      In the end Shep mentioned that he was, "starting to remember things", so I took it as the "bug" had taken over in the Teyla scene, and he couldn't remember it when he was "himself" with Beckett. A bit like a split personality thing going on.

Perhaps the reason there was no apology to Liz was that he hadn't remembered it yet.

You know that's kind of what I thought, SHep I think said he was starting to remember so I figured maybe he didn't remember what he did to Elizabeth. It was the only reason I could figure why we didn't see something other than time of course.

Comment

That's an interesting take. I would have thought he'd have read Weir's mission report on the whole incident. Teyla's experience wouldn't be in there, but I bet Weir's scene would. Wouldn't surprise me if Weir put everything in that report, including Caldwell's authorizing maximum force.

Still, the military under Shep are more likely to listen to Weir on that issue. Who would you like as a CO? One that so glibly authorizes maximum force, or someone like Shep.

So many emotions during Sheppard's
                        Spoiler:
                        choking Weir scene. He had her pinned by the throat against the wall. But she could still talk. So he wasn't choking her. He appeared to listen until she said "I'm not sending another team." Then his grip tightened. You could tell, because she stopped talking had her eyes grew frightened.

Comment

Spoiler:

Playing devil's advocate here, a 'sheyla' would argue that while he wasn't himself, yet 'enough' of him remained to mix with the agressive bug and bring out something that John had always wanted to do to her. Attack her mouth?

; )

I'd take it much more to mean that the 'bug' behavior had began to heighten everything about him at that point...the need to breed, the need to fight, the need to attack...

I agree with mel that any female bringing out that physical aggression side of the 'bug' like that fighting was doing might have been assaulted like that. He was 'dominating' her. Just as if later, I think if teyla had been the one arguing with him, she would have been put against a wall and choking. It was a buggy dominance type thing. ; )
                          Last edited by Bama; 16 September 2005, 10:28 AM.

Comment

lol! With Atlantis a big empty city, they can steal away almost anywhere in the city for some private time!

Actually, that might make for an interesting show. A couple of Atlantis folks go into an unexplored part of the city for some nookie and get into trouble of some sort.

Comment

Sadly, after I mentioned my fic here...I remembered that my cousin's computer doesn't have Microsoft Word. (That's what I get for posting really late) I might get it up at ff.net next weekend if I visit a relative. But that would mean I miss the finale of Atlantis. They don't have cable. But I might be able to convince my cousin to install Word this week.
                              It might be worth the wait though. It is definately shippy and my aunt called one part "steamy". (It is rated T though)
                              It was mostly a joke when she said that. It's just a kiss. It could probably be K+ but I am really careful with my ratings. You never know when you'll offend someone.

Could someone tell my where I could find a more detailed summary of last weeks episode? I missed it and I really want to know what happined!
                              Last edited by gwenhwyfar; 16 September 2005, 10:22 AM.

Spoiler:
                              Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Spoiler:

I'd take it much more to mean that the 'bug' behavior had began to heighten everything about him at that point...the need to breed, the need to fight, the need to attack...
                                In the Broka Divide, Daniel Jackson said that that's how primitive man mates. Forcefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X