Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    *dies laughing* I can just see John and Lizzie sitting in front of the TV in the rec room, watching those DVDs over and over again.
    And someone finding out and teasing them mercilessly!
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      And someone finding out and teasing them mercilessly!
      Like the rest of John's team? Oh, the fun Rodney could have with that and the Atlantis betting pool!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
        I never got the reason anybody likes "Every Breath You Take." It's really about cold war era espionage (Sting's explanation) and it sounds really creepy.
        Cold War Espionage? I thought it was about a stalker... That's the story I always heard.
        And yeah... if you really listen to the lyrics, it does sound creepy

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Would that be like a writer/producer revealing ship anvils in a commentary that make almost everyone go ? And ignoring the ones that are oh so obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Now that is a Stargate:Babies that I would watch. Lovely.
          Yep, exactly like that. But perhaps I'm just getting more cynical

I just found this vid . Anyone who doubts Sparky, if there are any doubters left, should watch this. The idea that they would each sacrifice themselves to save the other has never been presented better.

And at no time did canon have to be twisted to fit the vidders perception of the ship. Lovely.
          Great vid. Watched & saved

Hm, I'm not impressed by that Placebo's song. The vid is very good, but it's just not my kind of music.

Gosh, I used to make decent videos. I must make myself make one again. My current project, for which I'm still cutting clips is for Springsteen's song "The Wrestler", but I'd love to vid "Viva la vida". Someone I don't know made Adama/Roslin vid to that song, and although they're not my favorite ship in the world (actually my dislike of Roslin is quite big), the vid rocks. Check it out.
          Really? You dislike Roslin? I like the pairing, perhaps not the ship (I know, that doesn't make a lot of sense). Haven't seen past 4.5 yet

<snip>
          I never watched BSG but have seen Mary McDonnell on Grey's Anatomy and just recently on The Closer. She's a great actress who plays a ***** better than anyone I've ever seen but for some reason I don't like watching her either. Odd that.
          I like most of the main cast on BSG. They seem to have good range, and aren't afraid to take a beating (not literally of course) or be seen in a bad light for a scene.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          Cold War Espionage? I thought it was about a stalker... That's the story I always heard.
          I heard it was about a stalker too. And I always found it creepy. Maybe I'm reading too much into that
          sigpic

Comment

It's time for our regular reminder about the basic rules of the forum

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=64693
            http://forum.gateworld.net/announcement.php?f=40

Derogatory terms are inappropriate, things like Spud, McIcky and others. This ties in with our 'no character/pairing bashing' rule.

When you quote pictures, snip out the IMG tags so that the quoted photo is nothing more than a link. If you quote a picture and leave the IMG tags intact, your post can be deleted.

Anything posted inline, gifs, images, ANYTHING must be less than 100K in file size. We have some threads that are so incredibly bogged down with oversized photos that people are literally avoiding the thread because they bog down on high speed.

Check the size of your sig. ALL sigs must take up a space of no more than 200 pixels tall, 700 wide and have a total file size of 50K or less. Folks, your sig should be a fun and SHORT little thing, not a dissertation on everything you like/dislike or every single website you've ever visited. And it certainly should not be larger than your average post.

The mods are gonna start lurking in the various wow and thunk threads. We see inappropriate posts, we're gonna delete them. If we continually have to remind people of the rules, we may look into restricting your posting.

Just take a look at your posts and what you've been doing. If you've been following the rules, you're gonna have nothing to worry about. If you've been bending them, then here's your chance to alter your posting styles.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask any mod.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

As creepy as it sounds "Every breath you take" can be interpreted into a love song. Sting is a smart man with a weird sense of humor. Part of his charm

I still need my spleen

Do you think Lizzie would like this?
              I think it's her guilty little pleasure and when John finds out he will tease her unmercifully. Then they'll watch it together.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

As creepy as it sounds "Every breath you take" can be interpreted into a love song. Sting is a smart man with a weird sense of humor. Part of his charm

I still need my spleen

Do you think Lizzie would like this?
                You don't need a spleen

Maybe this tune: click

I remember he mentioned it in an interview about the song being about the US and the USSR always spying on each other and trying failed diplomatic talks.

On to more fun things, A new chapter for Teenage Wasteland over at command dynamics.
                Last edited by pkprd869; 25 June 2009, 04:39 AM.
                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Why thank you. Can I trade the mojitos for Jack Daniels; dry.

I never got the reason anybody likes "Every Breath You Take." It's really about cold war era espionage (Sting's explanation) and it sounds really creepy.

I gotta stick up for a bro, AC/DC will rock your spleen into oblivion. Now now, the driver picks And yeah, rap and techno, not big on.

I always though Weir would like classical music. And have a secret love of show tunes.

I had a friend in an 'A Capella' group at school who performed "Every Breath You Take" and they nicknamed it 'the stalker song'. I've unfortunately never been able to get that out of my head, which is a shame because I really loved the song before they ruined it for me.

Anything light and fun we can do today?
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    I had a friend in an 'A Capella' group at school who performed "Every Breath You Take" and they nicknamed it 'the stalker song'. I've unfortunately never been able to get that out of my head, which is a shame because I really loved the song before they ruined it for me.

We can imagine Shep and Liz making fun of the Gators.
                    "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

We can imagine Shep and Liz making fun of the Gators.
                      You really like to stir up trouble,don't you?
                      sigpic

Comment

Lol, for me the song was also spoiled by an a-capella group who told the stalker story... saw them a couple of times, so I also heard the story a couple of times :mcay:

That's why we all love him so much

Sig by me

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Hmm, must find a fic rec...

Anybody got any ideas for a Sparky Top 100 list game?

He wouldn't be a Sparky fan if he didn't like to stir up trouble. After all, we do take pride in being a pesky bunch.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Hmm, must find a fic rec...

Anybody got any ideas for a Sparky Top 100 list game?

He wouldn't be a Sparky fan if he didn't like to stir up trouble. After all, we do take pride in being a pesky bunch.
                            *snort* Yeah pesky but we am smart and edumacated.
                            sigpic

Comment

Guys, I need help - do you know any good source of Stargate photos - promotial ones, screen caps... ?
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

*snort* Yeah pesky but we am smart and edumacated.
                                Yeah, we'v memorizd r dickonarees. Heeheehee!

Comment

Working...
                                X