No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends on how you define crossover. The only 'full' crossover is SG1's Pegasus Project (s10), but partial crossovers include:

*Rising (O'Neill, Jackson)
    *Letters From Pegasus (Carter, Walter)
    *Intruder (Landry)
    *Grace Under Pressure (Carter)
    *No Man's Land (Landry, Woolsey)
    *Misbegotten (Woolsey)
    *The Real World (O'Neill)
    *McKay & Mrs Miller (Carter)
    *The Return I/II (O'Neill, Woolsey, Landry, Lee)
    *Midway (Teal'C)
    *The Lost Tribe I/II
    Spoiler:
    Jackson

I may have left some off the list, I was doing that from memory. It depends on how picky you want to be. There are numerous times when the SGC is mentioned on SGA, or even when the characters travel to it eg Outcast, Search & Rescue, but we don't see a 'main' character from the other show. Atlantis is mentioned on SG1 much less frequently.

Not to mention some characters are actually from SG1 eg Weir, Woolsey, Carter
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      It depends on how you define crossover. The only 'full' crossover is SG1's Pegasus Project (s10), but partial crossovers include:

*Intruder (Landry)
      *Misbegotten (Woolsey)
      *Midway (Teal'C)
      *The Lost Tribe I/II
      Spoiler:
      Jackson

I may have left some off the list, I was doing that from memory. It depends on how picky you want to be. There are numerous times when the SGC is mentioned on SGA, or even when the characters travel to it eg Outcast, Search & Rescue, but we don't see a 'main' character from the other show. Atlantis is mentioned on SG1 much less frequently.

Not to mention some characters are actually from SG1 eg Weir, Woolsey, Carter
      wow thx! And yeah... I'm just looking for the full crossovers
      My timelines usually suck, so do you know around what SGA episodes 'Pegasus Project' is set?
      Thx!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        wow thx! And yeah... I'm just looking for the full crossovers
        My timelines usually suck, so do you know around what SGA episodes 'Pegasus Project' is set?
        Thx!
        SG1's TPP is the third ep of s10, which should correspond to the third ep of s3 (Irresistable) in terms of when they were shot. However it is my understanding that the two timelines are not entirely in sync. Somebody else may be able to give you a more definite answer
        sigpic

Comment

SG1's TPP is the third ep of s10, which should correspond to the third ep of s3 (Irresistable) in terms of when they were shot. However it is my understanding that the two timelines are not entirely in sync. Somebody else may be able to give you a more definite answer
          Thank you again, but as long as I know it's before s5, I'm ok
          Now if you'll excuse me, I have an episode of SG1 to watch

Sig by me

Comment

Firstly, I am amazed (yes, what a small mind I have ) that when one goes up in levels, the priveledges increase too. Pics and PM (the PM probably happened ages ago, I just didn't notice til someone sent me one )

Also, instead of postathon, I watched Progeny, TRW & then CG. It was the ultimate SGA a thon. At this point I would be willing to accept Atlantis being blown up during FS when the laser hit.

I can't understand how they made the decision that they did about Weir (given that it was apparently made somewhere around this time [of airing]) when they take this group of eps into account.

And although I had previously considered TRW as more of a Weir ep rather than a sparky ep, I am reconsidering that now. Among other things, Weir says something or someone is trying to tell her to go back to Atlantis. Not to mention the look Shep is giving her when we first realise/are shown Weir in the isolation bed. I am starting to heart this ep. What am i saying?? I must have had too many of those sparky mojitos earlier. Or southern whiskey
            Something very strange happened on the poll for TRW. Look here and then look at CG here. Notice in particular the number of votes. At the time there was speculation that the TRW poll and the CG poll somehow became corrupted. As far as I know, the mystery was never solved. But to the delight of the Weir haters, TRW ended up with a very low rating.

Now hopefully, TPTB didn't pay any attention to that.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              You're going on a trip to Washington DC? Sweet.
              Yup, that DC. omg I haven't been on a plane in forever though and I'm actually a bit terrified

At this point I would be willing to accept Atlantis being blown up during FS when the laser hit.
              I was spiffy with Atlantis being blown up. I just wasn't happy with what they did to Weir afterwards.

I can't understand how they made the decision that they did about Weir (given that it was apparently made somewhere around this time [of airing]) when they take this group of eps into account.
              Are you talking about TRW? Actually, the desicion to get rid of Elizabeth was made after FS from what I heard. She was supposed to return to her position as leader right after the Adrift/Lifeline episodes. But something changed that. I do think part of it is Samantha Carter

Well, to be fair, they're not really connected by much. The NML/Misbegotten TBC isn't really a cliffhanger. The eps play as two seperate eps, just that there is a very short time interval between the two.
              I wish more episodes were loosely connected like NML/Misbegotten were. It gives it a more serialized feeling.

I always thought that in CG he should not have gone off world. There wasn't a need for it AT ALL, other than to shoot the mouse rat.
              I proposed that Carson has more reason to go off-world than Rodney and how Rodney shouldn't be going offworld so often from our little discussion we had a few months back in the general discussion area. It looks to have mixed review, mostly negative.

Spoiler:
              *Intruder (Landry)
              *Misbegotten (Woolsey)
              *Midway (Teal'C)
              *The Lost Tribe I/II
              Spoiler:
              Jackson

SG1 had one full blown crossover while SGA has tons of little half-crossovers and mentions so it adds up that SG1 is forced more on SGA than vice versa. The only SGA crossovers other than Pegasus Project in SG1 after Atlantis had begun airing were The Road Not Taken (Rodney and Lorne and that was an AU.)

I don't really consider Weir and McKay SG1 characters because they had their making on Atlantis. Sam Carter on the other hand is definatly an SG1 character. I don't know about Woolsey.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Something very strange happened on the poll for TRW. Look here and then look at CG here. Notice in particular the number of votes. At the time there was speculation that the TRW poll and the CG poll somehow became corrupted. As far as I know, the mystery was never solved. But to the delight of the Weir haters, TRW ended up with a very low rating.

Now hopefully, TPTB didn't pay any attention to that.
                That is curious, isn't it? I also found this page with a summary of the ratings for Season 3.

TRW got a fan rating of 6.70, a GW rating of 3 stars, the first airing on SciFi got a Live + Same Day Nielsen rating of 1.8, and the first run in broadcast syndication got a 0.7.

CG got a fan rating of 8.89, a GW rating of 2 1/2 stars, the first airing on SciFi got a Live + Same Day Nielsen rating of 1.6, and there's no info on the ratings for the first run in broadcast syndication.

So let's see: The GW rating and Nielsen ratings for the first run on SciFi were better for TRW than for CG. Yet CG did better in the fan poll? Ballot box stuffing, indeed.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                  Yup, that DC. omg I haven't been on a plane in forever though and I'm actually a bit terrified
                  Wow! *huggles*

I was spiffy with Atlantis being blown up. I just wasn't happy with what they did to Weir afterwards.
                  You and me both. What they did to her is a crime against humanity.

Are you talking about TRW? Actually, the desicion to get rid of Elizabeth was made after FS from what I heard. She was supposed to return to her position as leader right after the Adrift/Lifeline episodes. But something changed that. I do think part of it is Samantha Carter
                  As do I. TPTW can deny it all they want, but we know the truth.

Hmm, I seem to recall reading a comment by Martin Gero (who wrote FS) that he was just as taken by surprise by the decision to axe Weir as the rest of us were; he'd been expecting her to be brought back too.

I wish more episodes were loosely connected like NML/Misbegotten were. It gives it a more serialized feeling.
                  And gee, supposedly SGU is going to be more arc-driven... *headdesk*

I proposed that Carson has more reason to go off-world than Rodney and how Rodney shouldn't be going offworld so often from our little discussion we had a few months back in the general discussion area. It looks to have mixed review, mostly negative.
                  Well, there are some episodes where it would make sense for Carson to go off-world. In Phantoms, they've lost contact with a team, so they're going to investigate, and bringing a doctor with them in case there are injuries to the first team. And yeah, there are times where it seems strange that Rodney would be going off-world; Underground, for example. They were going to meet with farmers, for pity's sake! What the hell do you need to bring an astrophysicist along for? I guess we can chalk that one up to a team-building exercise.

SG1 had one full blown crossover while SGA has tons of little half-crossovers and mentions so it adds up that SG1 is forced more on SGA than vice versa. The only SGA crossovers other than Pegasus Project in SG1 after Atlantis had begun airing were The Road Not Taken (Rodney and Lorne and that was an AU.)

I don't really consider Weir and McKay SG1 characters because they had their making on Atlantis. Sam Carter on the other hand is definatly an SG1 character. I don't know about Woolsey.
                  Weir and McKay were introduced on SG-1; Weir, I think, was intended for Atlantis all along, but McKay wasn't originally supposed to go to Atlantis. They had another "scientist" character slated for the show, then realized they could use McKay instead. Woolsey was another character originally created for SG-1 who wound up with a bigger role on Atlantis more or less by accident.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good morning, Sparkies!

That is curious, isn't it? I also found this page with a summary of the ratings for Season 3.

TRW got a fan rating of 6.70, a GW rating of 3 stars, the first airing on SciFi got a Live + Same Day Nielsen rating of 1.8, and the first run in broadcast syndication got a 0.7.

CG got a fan rating of 8.89, a GW rating of 2 1/2 stars, the first airing on SciFi got a Live + Same Day Nielsen rating of 1.6, and there's no info on the ratings for the first run in broadcast syndication.

So let's see: The GW rating and Nielsen ratings for the first run on SciFi were better for TRW than for CG. Yet CG did better in the fan poll? Ballot box stuffing, indeed.
                    Well, it makes sense from the certain character hater's group. The irony of it, however, is that both TRW and CG are very Weir heavy episodes (with significant Sparky overtones, not undertones.)

Don't even ask, I feel like I could bite.
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

god, ppl go and watch THIS video .. its FRIKIN AWESOME!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IET6vOBnT0Q

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post

Eeeek. From little I could see, editing is awesome, but one thing I really really don't like is that kind of character assassination. Neither John or Elizabeth are that kind of self destructive personalities, I doubt either of them would succumb to alcohol. If there's something to turn me off from a fic, it's a drunken John fic, no matter how well it's written. John can be self destructive, but in an entirely different way, and mostly it includes self sacrifice.

Elizabeth as a drunk? Never ever.
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          Well, it makes sense from the certain character hater's group. The irony of it, however, is that both TRW and CG are very Weir heavy episodes (with significant Sparky overtones, not undertones.)

Don't even ask, I feel like I could bite.
                          *snerks* You're not the only one. My teeth are sharp and I'm feeling very, very hungry right now. *evil grin*

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post

The editing was amazing but it was too twisted for me. And she lost me at "schweir". This vidder is not a Sparky fan.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Eeeek. From little I could see, editing is awesome, but one thing I really really don't like is that kind of character assassination. Neither John or Elizabeth are that kind of self destructive personalities, I doubt either of them would succumb to alcohol. If there's something to turn me off from a fic, it's a drunken John fic, no matter how well it's written. John can be self destructive, but in an entirely different way, and mostly it includes self sacrifice.

Elizabeth as a drunk? Never ever.
                              Yeah... I godda agree with you...
                              Editing is kinda cool, but the vid freaked me out... and not in a good way
                              I really really don't like how they're portrayed in this vid... It is so far OOC that it's not just out off the ballpark, but way beyond Pegasus...

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                The editing was amazing but it was too twisted for me. And she lost me at "schweir". This vidder is not a Sparky fan.
                                Hmm, I have to agree. While the vid is technically (editing, effects) very good, the subject matter... erm, no. It seems like something that someone who doesn't like Sheppard and Weir and doesn't like the idea of Sheppard and Weir together would come up with to make the characters and the pairing look bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X