Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Joe rocks, period. I'm totally not complaining about saying something what results in us having a field day. We deserved it.
    Amen. Our happy times have been few and far between lately. Joe is just the best.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Amen. Our happy times have been few and far between lately. Joe is just the best.
      And I think those happy times we had recently we can thank to JF and no one else.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Can we have a party now? Find the silliest, happiest songs you can and share? You know, stuff that makes you bounce and dance?

This is on my playlist at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlcCigNf4xI - just click on it. It's a song of surprise, hehe!

Comment

And I think those happy times we had recently we can thank to JF and no one else.
          Totally. He saved our Sparky on the show.
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            Totally. He saved our Sparky on the show.
            Singlehandedly.

Shouldn't we have "Celebrate John" event?

Comment

GOOD LORD - that has to be one of the most prolific Sparky runs over I weekend that I've ever seen. I hate having dial-up at home. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              *joins Reiko*

Do you realize that he has just described the first 3 years of Sparky? Now I remember how he likes to tease and how some of his jokes are quite oblique and you might miss the full meaning the first time. He's telling us exactly how he played John. It's not imaginary. It really happened. OMG! This is huge.
              Thank you, Joe.

We pledge to be your fans forever and follow you wherever you go and watch everything you appear in.
              ZOMG - is there any champagne left? I know I got to the party late, but damn, I need a drink to celebrate!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              I say it was intentional.

Let's look at the facts, shall we? JoeF specifically stated, "I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss." There have only been four female characters in SGA's regular cast, thus qualifying them as "leading" characters: Elizabeth Weir, Teyla Emmagan, Samantha Carter, and Jennifer Keller.

Both Teyla and Keller are automatically disqualified because neither one of them have ever been Sheppard's boss. Of the remaining two regular female characters, both of whom have been Sheppard's boss, Carter can also be discounted on the fact that she has been so thoroughly connected to Jack O'Neill in the romance department. Which leaves us with the only possible contender to meet JoeF's stated criteria for a love interest for Sheppard: Elizabeth Weir.

Sparky wins again.

I love it when we're right!
              I love it - I'm a logic gal, so your step-by-step explanation made me sit up and say "hell yah"!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              This emoticon doesn't really do it justice, but its all I have

This shocked me as much as saying Sheppard would die in EATG (he's not, I was making a comparison). So the two leads were both open to it. The fans wanted it (some of us). Who does that leave?? TPTW! Woe betide any of their future endeavours
              Yep, TPTW - shining examples of leadership.....NOT!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              I will never get to read it (partly because NZ is even further behind, but mostly due to general apathy) but I've also gotten that impression with some of the stuff he's said too. This seems to be the most blatantly pro sparky thing to have been said (without actually specifically saying it). There's been some sheyla stuff in the past, but it seems the majority of that is from a time when they were going to head down that path (early s4, pre pregnancy, pre Kanaan).

This stuns me so much because there is no reason for JF to spin this. Anything earlier (both pro sparky and pro sheyla) I would take with a grain of salt because, in some part at least, there would be an element of the studio telling him what to say. He's under no obligation now, he can say what he wants. As could Torri after she decided not to return (for s5)
              And we love him for it. And, I'll bet some nice stateside Sparky would be happy to get a copy to you, once it is out.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              WHOA.

*stops*

*drops*

*falls flat on face*

Seriously? Did he just say that? That's, like, MY PERFECT SPARKY. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED, ZOMG.

I agree, there's no reason for him to have said that. I'm like you, gateraid, I generally tend to interpret things with two sides--and give them equal weight so that I'm not overstretching--but here, unless he's just an incredible fool who didn't realize he essentially had that with Elizabeth, he's basically advocating Sparky. I don't think Joe's a fool; far from it, actually. I mean, seriously..he added "...who's like, my boss..." COME ON!!

He's famous for his double entendre and he knew we were going to have a field day with this.

What's interesting to me is the spin this puts on his performances. Consider his reax in "The Real World". For us, Sparky. For non Sparkies, it's someone who cares about his friend. Now, consider it with Joe playing up like there is that underlying tension. How does that change the tone of the story? The Sparky-stuff in season three--and NOT TO MENTION Season 4 and 5? Good grief! If he really did feel like that, then basically all those looks and stuff we love so much in S4/S5 WERE completely Sparky.

Just. WOW.

Go Joe!
              Yep, field day in progress. WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Joe rocks, period. I'm totally not complaining about saying something what results in us having a field day. We deserved it.

Amen

Okay, I'm exhausted now.

SPARKY IS ETERNAL!

JOE F. ROCKS!

TORRI & JOE - WE LOVE YOU!

sigpic
              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Singlehandedly.

I love that idea, especially if there's pictures.

Comment

Can we have a party now? Find the silliest, happiest songs you can and share? You know, stuff that makes you bounce and dance?

This is on my playlist at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlcCigNf4xI - just click on it. It's a song of surprise, hehe!
                  *giggles madly and dances* I love it. While we're on fun drinking songs, try White Lightning

Singlehandedly.

We must. We must. Drag out all the John wallies etc. I'll start with this one:
                  Spoiler:

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                  GOOD LORD - that has to be one of the most prolific Sparky runs over I weekend that I've ever seen. I hate having dial-up at home. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

ZOMG - is there any champagne left? I know I got to the party late, but damn, I need a drink to celebrate!

I love it - I'm a logic gal, so your step-by-step explanation made me sit up and say "hell yah"!

Yep, TPTW - shining examples of leadership.....NOT!

And we love him for it. And, I'll bet some nice stateside Sparky would be happy to get a copy to you, once it is out.

Yep, field day in progress. WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Amen

Okay, I'm exhausted now.

SPARKY IS ETERNAL!

JOE F. ROCKS!

TORRI & JOE - WE LOVE YOU!

*passes champagne* We can always buy more. And that pic needed to be reposted. Sure looks like they are up to something doesn't it. Heh.
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay, here I go:

Awww, John, we always knew that eyebrow raise meant something...

That intensity of feeling? We now know the true reason why, thanks!

So THAT's what the birthday gift was about...

Subtle innuendo, huh? Nicely done.

So we can presume you WERE jealous when Lucius was around?

You know we always loved you no matter what, right?

But for these moments, we adore you.

Thank you John (and Joe) for everything!

Comment

Okay, my turn.

We had tough two years as sparky shippers, but we always felt John was right there with us.

Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
                        See Elizabeth, I told you the Sparkies knew what we were up to.

I know John, but they were sad for so long.

Yeah, but look at how they are dancing now.

I just love our fans.
                        sigpic

Comment

I can't tell you how much I'm totally in love with Joe. This is just brilliant. You are an amazing man.
                          Joe said it, therefore it is canon
                          Rodney/Teyla is love

Torri community
                          My LJ
                          My Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by johnliz4ever View Post
                            I can't tell you how much I'm totally in love with Joe. This is just brilliant. You are an amazing man.
                            Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, look who's here! *tackle - hugs*

Comment

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, look who's here! *tackle - hugs*
                              Hello my darling. I've come back to the family to celebrate. *Huggles*
                              Joe said it, therefore it is canon
                              Rodney/Teyla is love

Torri community
                              My LJ
                              My Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by johnliz4ever View Post
                                Hello my darling. I've come back to the family to celebrate. *Huggles*
                                Welcome back and STAY with the family! *offers mints and drink*

Comment

Working...
                                X