Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    The editing was amazing but it was too twisted for me. And she lost me at "schweir". This vidder is not a Sparky fan.
    I agree, amazing editing but yeah, real twisted, too much for me.

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
    I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
    Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Hmm, I seem to recall reading a comment by Martin Gero (who wrote FS) that he was just as taken by surprise by the decision to axe Weir as the rest of us were; he'd been expecting her to be brought back too.
      Wow, even Gero says was surprised? Well I don't think Gero ever had anything against Weir she just wasn't his favourite and he just forgot about her.

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
      god, ppl go and watch THIS video .. its FRIKIN AWESOME!!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IET6vOBnT0Q
      Thanks for linking, as that editing is awesome and I liked it. But the content matter? Not so much, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
        Wow, even Gero says was surprised? Well I don't think Gero ever had anything against Weir she just wasn't his favourite and he just forgot about her.
        Except when it was convenient, like BAMSR (which Gero wrote). Hmm, as I recall, didn't Mallozzi say on his blog that putting Repli!Weir in that leather jacket was Gero's idea because Gero was tired of the bland white & brown outfits for the Replicators? Damn, well I'll certainly give Gero credit for that one!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Except when it was convenient, like BAMSR (which Gero wrote). Hmm, as I recall, didn't Mallozzi say on his blog that putting Repli!Weir in that leather jacket was Gero's idea because Gero was tired of the bland white & brown outfits for the Replicators? Damn, well I'll certainly give Gero credit for that one!
          Hmmm. From my understanding, at the start of S4 Torri/Weir was only only supposed to be in three episodes but then soon after a fourth episode was tacked on (BASMR), possibly because of fan reaction.

Hee, Weir's leather jacket. You have to wonder what Torri would look like in Asuran/Ancient robes that they always seem to wear. And also, the jakcet that Elizabeth wore at the end of BAMSR is the exact same design as the new Atlantis jackets that Woolsey and Teyla wear ... except made of leather.

Comment

You have to wonder what Torri would look like in Asuran/Ancient robes that they always seem to wear.
            Watch Before I Sleep and you know.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Morning Sparkies! How are we all this fine Monday Morning?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Oh! Doh. I forgot.

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                Quite well. Though it's actually 530 in the evening here

Comment

Hmmm. From my understanding, at the start of S4 Torri/Weir was only only supposed to be in three episodes but then soon after a fourth episode was tacked on (BASMR), possibly because of fan reaction.
                  Hmm, that's interesting. I had only heard the 'four, possibly more' figure for her S4 appearances. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if it went down as you described.

Hee, Weir's leather jacket. You have to wonder what Torri would look like in Asuran/Ancient robes that they always seem to wear. And also, the jakcet that Elizabeth wore at the end of BAMSR is the exact same design as the new Atlantis jackets that Woolsey and Teyla wear ... except made of leather.
                  I thought so too at first, but on closer inspection, they're not quite the same. You've got to look at some really high-res screencaps, and brighten them up in Photoshop (since the scene itself was so dimly lit). The shoulder stripes on the new Atlantis uniform basically go from the neck across the front of the shoulder and end under the armpit. But the ones on Lizzie's jacket actually continue down the inside of the arm all the way to the wrist. There also appears to be another wider band-like decoration across the lower chest area (it's hard to tell because she's sitting down, so the leather kinda bunches up).

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Yep. I rather liked the color on her, but the way the dress was fitted made Torri look a bit pear-shaped from some angles.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Quite well. Though it's actually 530 in the evening here
                    Mmmm, dinner time!

Comment

Hmm, that's interesting. I had only heard the 'four, possibly more' figure for her S4 appearances. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if it went down as you described.
                      Suz said it on one of the older threads.

I thought so too at first, but on closer inspection, they're not quite the same. You've got to look at some really high-res screencaps, and brighten them up in Photoshop (since the scene itself was so dimly lit).
                      Oh, I can see it now. You're right. But it does still seem to be a modification off the new uniforms.

Mmmm, dinner time!
                      Does everyone else really eat dinner this early?

I usually don't eat until another 2 hours.

Comment

I thought so too at first, but on closer inspection, they're not quite the same. You've got to look at some really high-res screencaps, and brighten them up in Photoshop (since the scene itself was so dimly lit). The shoulder stripes on the new Atlantis uniform basically go from the neck across the front of the shoulder and end under the armpit. But the ones on Lizzie's jacket actually continue down the inside of the arm all the way to the wrist. There also appears to be another wider band-like decoration across the lower chest area (it's hard to tell because she's sitting down, so the leather kinda bunches up).

Yep. I rather liked the color on her, but the way the dress was fitted made Torri look a bit pear-shaped from some angles.
                        Maybe the leather jacket she wore was one of the mockups from pre-season? you know how they make several different styles then pick one that they're gonna run with for the entire crew & season?

As for pear shaped... I still wish I had a figure like hers ::sighs::

Dinner time? Pfft... its lunchtime here! Got a lovely basil pesto pasta leftover dish... yumyum!

Comment

Maybe the leather jacket she wore was one of the mockups from pre-season? you know how they make several different styles then pick one that they're gonna run with for the entire crew & season?
                          Oh, that's a good suggestion. Just maybe! I'm thinking because they did a lot of leather that year too.

Dinner time? Pfft... its lunchtime here! Got a lovely basil pesto pasta leftover dish... yumyum!
                          Sounds yummy

Comment

Whoa, it's soon to be bedtime for me. Early to bed, early to rise and all that.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Whoa, it's soon to be bedtime for me. Early to bed, early to rise and all that.
                              gotta love the time differences eh.. us Sparkies are truly a global bunch!!

My muse is nibbling again but it hasn't worked out what it wants to write....

Comment

Suz said it on one of the older threads.
                                Ah, okay. It may have been from very early on, before I joined GW.

Oh, I can see it now. You're right. But it does still seem to be a modification off the new uniforms.
                                Definitely. And that band-like decoration across the chest seems to kinda sorta echo the old Atlantis uniforms' colored chest panels. As if this new jacket was meant to be a subtle blending of the two.

I like that idea! I'm sure the actual jacket Torri wore was made for her, but the way the details on it are so similar to those of the new uniforms does suggest that the design of the Repli!Weir jacket could've originated as an early alternate design idea for the new uniforms, and was resurrected to be used for the jacket.

Oh, that's a good suggestion. Just maybe! I'm thinking because they did a lot of leather that year too.
                                Yeah, they really gorged on the leather that year. Not always successfully.
                                Last edited by Scary Kitty; 15 March 2009, 06:39 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Working...
                                X