Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gone for an hour and look at all the new posts! Awesome
    I absolutely love all the discussions and tips about fic writing... it's giving me inspiration
    Damn... I'm gonna be up until 4 am again, aren't I?

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Can I join you? *evil lemming grin*
      sure
      but i'm not responsible if anything happens to you

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        Damn... I'm gonna be up until 4 am again, aren't I?
        We'll be up together - I'm watching Tin Man... and OMGoddess, Zooey is soooo cute as DG.

Anyway...

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
        sure
        but i'm not responsible if anything happens to you
        We'll wreak havoc until we can wreak no more... or until Kate finds me and grounds me.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Anuna, how goes Sunday Fathers?

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
          I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
          Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
            Anuna, how goes Sunday Fathers?
            For the time being, it's not. I'm very busy with RL. I'm gonna continue it when I get my hands on my vacation.

I have most of my Kolya story written Expect me to post later today or tomorrow - I really don't know how much I'm gonna be around today. If I don't manage - I wish you all a wonderful and happy NEW YEAR!!! *raises champagne* Here's to another wonderful year of sparky!
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

does anyone think Sheppard will find someone or will tptb just keep him single. i mean mckay has keller, teyla has kanaan and torren. ronan had somebody and woolsey well woolsey's woolsey.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                does anyone think Sheppard will find someone or will tptb just keep him single. i mean mckay has keller, teyla has kanaan and torren. ronan had somebody and woolsey well woolsey's woolsey.
                For Sheppard: I hope they find someone who can make him truly happy.
                For my sparky heart: I'm still sorta hoping they will bring Elizabeth back one day (I know, wishful thinking) and that tptb pick up that ship. It just wouldn't feel right to see John with someone else... not really...

All IMHO of course

Sig by me

Comment

I think they might keep him single, and IMO, that's the best solution if they don't decide to bring Elizabeth back.

Comment

According to JM, Elizabeth's story is finished. Whether they change their minds or not probably depends on who has the final say. And as for John, again JM said they planned to leave him single then later on bring his ex-wife Nancy back and possibly get them back together. Whether he was just speculating and now that the show is canceled that will all change or they will go that way in the movie is anyone's guess. I wouldn't mind that at all. I don't want to see him left alone forever.

But right now I am assuming SGA is over and all bets are off. By the slow start, I doubt we'll be seeing a movie until well into 2010, if ever. They have a way of pushing the big red reset button and I'm willing to bet they'll do it for the movie.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      According to JM, Elizabeth's story is finished. Whether they change their minds or not probably depends on who has the final say. And as for John, again JM said they planned to leave him single then later on bring his ex-wife Nancy back and possibly get them back together. Whether he was just speculating and now that the show is canceled that will all change or they will go that way in the movie is anyone's guess. I wouldn't mind that at all. I don't want to see him left alone forever.

But right now I am assuming SGA is over and all bets are off. By the slow start, I doubt we'll be seeing a movie until well into 2010, if ever. They have a way of pushing the big red reset button and I'm willing to bet they'll do it for the movie.
                      I hate John being alone, but at this point I don't know which is the lesser of multiple evils--giving him a whirlwind romance that seems OOC; writing a romance that's in character but poor development (like Teyla at this point); trying to sandwich in a workable love interest just to give him 'someone' (like Nancy or Larrin) or having him be alone. Nancy was remarried in Outcast, so you'd have to explain how she got divorced, moved to Atlantis, and refell in love with him--all in a movie where other stuff was happening. And Larrin...um, no. *YEESH*

My Elizabeth heart, of course, likes the pining--but also considering John's character, it feels the most in character to have him alone but watching over everyone else. Trying to hook him up because everyone else is hooked up feels a little like fanservicing. I don't know.

But of course, in my fan heart of hearts, at the end of whatever they do, John will pack up a jumper, fly out to the space gate, scoop up franibeth, get her the 'stuff' she needs to create an organic form and...dah! happily ever after. *la la la la lalalalalahhhhhh...*
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Sorry I've been absent lately. Was off work for a week and don't have a good internet connection at home. So, I was GW free for over a week!

Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas!

I think you all know that Torri has an upcoming NCIS episode (January 13th).....

For those who would like to drop CBS a note to gush about Torri's performance in the episode once it airs, try this link:

http://www.cbs.com/info/user_service...lobal_form.php

SPARKY IS ETERNAL!

Pic spoilered for size......
                        Spoiler:
                        sigpic
                        Signature by Erin87

Comment

And I have a fic for you guys! Not long, very subtly sparky - sh, but I hope you'll like it.

For, you, Eri. The prompt you gave me was just awesome! It's not long, but it was written with 100% inspiration and I love when that happens.

"Extraordinary soldiers"

Spoiler:

Acastus Kolya is an extraordinary soldier. All his youth and adult life he aimed to attain military excellence, and in his best years, he is much more than just a soldier – he is a leader, commander and a strategist of unparalleled skill. Coming across of another extraordinary soldier whose qualities match his own is a quite rare occasion.

In Kolya’s experience, a good, utile soldier should be taught, trained and able to read people. He or she should be able to notice what makes the enemies care, what makes them desperate; what makes them stop caring all completely – and should that happen, a good soldier is supposed to plan the best course of action and decide how to effectively neutralize the enemy.

In Kolya’s experience, most desperate soldiers are fairly defeatable – sooner rather than later they make a mistake that costs them their lives.

But when Major John Sheppard kills sixty of his men in complete and unexpected ruthlessness, and successfully avoids every attempt of capturing, Acastus Kolya knows he had met his match. The desperate John Sheppard who has nothing to lose had ceased to care indeed, but unlike most people, he becomes a precise and deadly weapon wielded in the unforgiving hand of revenge. He will not make a mistake, not a single one. John Sheppard is, quite obviously, an extraordinary soldier himself.

Acastus Kolya also knows that a desperate man like John Sheppard with nothing to lose cannot really be defeated. If Kolya is to defeat him and win this fight, he ought to make him care again.

Upon looking at Doctor Weir and her face pale with cold, Acastus Kolya knows there is one single way to make John Sheppard care. Only then does he stand a chance against a formidable enemy like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            I hate John being alone, but at this point I don't know which is the lesser of multiple evils--giving him a whirlwind romance that seems OOC; writing a romance that's in character but poor development (like Teyla at this point); trying to sandwich in a workable love interest just to give him 'someone' (like Nancy or Larrin) or having him be alone. Nancy was remarried in Outcast, so you'd have to explain how she got divorced, moved to Atlantis, and refell in love with him--all in a movie where other stuff was happening. And Larrin...um, no. *YEESH*

My Elizabeth heart, of course, likes the pining--but also considering John's character, it feels the most in character to have him alone but watching over everyone else. Trying to hook him up because everyone else is hooked up feels a little like fanservicing. I don't know.

But of course, in my fan heart of hearts, at the end of whatever they do, John will pack up a jumper, fly out to the space gate, scoop up franibeth, get her the 'stuff' she needs to create an organic form and...dah! happily ever after. *la la la la lalalalalahhhhhh...*
                            Good thoughts. I'm not entirely sure I don't want him to be alone either. It just seems so John. But we don't know for sure from what we learned in Outcast
                            Spoiler:
                            that Nancy was married. She is listed in the script as Nancy Sheppard and it's never stated that she and Grant are married. They may just be involved. So easy to fix. The plan was to have her move from Homeland Security to Homeworld Security and come to evaluate Woolsey. Also very doable.
                            They would never stoop to servicing fans. LOL They have callously ignored all the shipper groups plus the pleas of John's fans who want more of him. They won't suddenly do an about face now and focus on him.
                            Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            And I have a fic for you guys! Not long, very subtly sparky - sh, but I hope you'll like it.

For, you, Eri. The prompt you gave me was just awesome! It's not long, but it was written with 100% inspiration and I love when that happens.

"Extraordinary soldiers"

Spoiler:

Acastus Kolya is an extraordinary soldier. All his youth and adult life he aimed to attain military excellence, and in his best years, he is much more than just a soldier – he is a leader, commander and a strategist of unparalleled skill. Coming across of another extraordinary soldier whose qualities match his own is a quite rare occasion.

In Kolya’s experience, a good, utile soldier should be taught, trained and able to read people. He or she should be able to notice what makes the enemies care, what makes them desperate; what makes them stop caring all completely – and should that happen, a good soldier is supposed to plan the best course of action and decide how to effectively neutralize the enemy.

In Kolya’s experience, most desperate soldiers are fairly defeatable – sooner rather than later they make a mistake that costs them their lives.

But when Major John Sheppard kills sixty of his men in complete and unexpected ruthlessness, and successfully avoids every attempt of capturing, Acastus Kolya knows he had met his match. The desperate John Sheppard who has nothing to lose had ceased to care indeed, but unlike most people, he becomes a precise and deadly weapon wielded in the unforgiving hand of revenge. He will not make a mistake, not a single one. John Sheppard is, quite obviously, an extraordinary soldier himself.

Acastus Kolya also knows that a desperate man like John Sheppard with nothing to lose cannot really be defeated. If Kolya is to defeat him and win this fight, he ought to make him care again.

Upon looking at Doctor Weir and her face pale with cold, Acastus Kolya knows there is one single way to make John Sheppard care. Only then does he stand a chance against a formidable enemy like him.
                            Love the fic and so true. How do you think John would have developed as a character if Weir had died in Kolya's attack? Would dark!John have appeared at that point or would he have adjusted? He lost Ford, got very upset about it, but it didn't stop him from being the old cocky, teasing John for most of the next 2 years.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

"Extraordinary soldiers"

Spoiler:

YAY!! Thank you! That was brilliant! I can't green you for it, but MENTAL GREEN!

My own prompted fic is in the works. Hopefully to be finished by Sunday to publish for you guys on Monday.
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Just popping in with a New Year's toast for all of you...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X