Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Schyeah, wait until you see the pics! *wibbles at the John faces* You'll feel even better.

Okay, sparkies, I'm now truthfully tired, so I think I'll sign off for real this time. I hope most people were satisfied or at least found something redeeming in it. For what it could have been, I'm satisfied and rather pleased. I bow to Carl Binder (those in favor of a care package, keep me in the loop, PM me or something) and Joe Flanigan, who I felt put his heart into this episode. And Michelle Morgan, for doing her best to keep Lizbeth alive and real.

Still a bit sad because this will always come coupled with the regret that canon-wise, they had to change things from what I loved before. But this ending is great for fanon if people choose to go that way--plus we still have Sparky sailing on in canon, too, which means pictures, sigs, vids, icons, and the lot--and you can't ask for better than that.

EDIT: Okay, you can, you can get Torri back...but for now, anyway, and considering what we feared it might have been4 hours ago, it's good enough.
    I'll never be satisfied with it. It never should've had to happen in the first place. TPTB still have a long way to go to redeem themselves.

Getting Torri back?

Perhaps it's time we got a new slogan... first there was "Elizabeth's alive in Season Five." Now... how does "Elizabeth's getting her kicks in Season Six" sound?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      I'm still calling it GITMO and SK, for the record, you were right! *adores your sig*
      *fist of triumph*

And GitMo, it shall remain!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yes I love the new slogan!!! SK, you are made of all kinds of win! When it comes to me, all that TPTB have to do are two things:

1) get Torri back

2) make sparky canon - I mean hugs and kisses all over the screen while the camera is spinning canon.

I'm easy.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Yes I love the new slogan!!! SK, you are made of all kinds of win! When it comes to me, all that TPTB have to do are two things:

1) get Torri back

2) make sparky canon - I mean hugs and kisses all over the screen while the camera is spinning canon.

I'm easy.
          Amen, sister! *passes out glasses of mojitos*

Elizabeth's getting her kicks in Season Six!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Amen, sister! *passes out glasses of mojitos*

This kind of kicks:

Spoiler:

And this of course:

And then there should be this, but of the sparky brand:

Spoiler:

Comment

Heh, I couldn't resist doing this:

Spoiler:

Comment

Getting back to Happy!Sparky AU land....

Found a fic rec for you all... I know, I know, Big Bang just came out, but if you only have time for a little quickie *smirks* (yeah, you know what I'm talking about!) then this one should be right up your alley...

Snap! by wanderingsmith. Elizabeth did a bad thing during some off-world negotiations. Now John has to step in and take control of the situation.

Happy reading!

Comment

This kind of kicks:

Spoiler:

And this of course:

And then there should be this, but of the sparky brand:

Spoiler:
                  Heh, I couldn't resist doing this:

Spoiler:
                  Anuna... you're a bad, bad girl!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Comment

Getting back to Happy!Sparky AU land....

Found a fic rec for you all... I know, I know, Big Bang just came out, but if you only have time for a little quickie *smirks* (yeah, you know what I'm talking about!) then this one should be right up your alley...

Snap! by wanderingsmith. Elizabeth did a bad thing during some off-world negotiations. Now John has to step in and take control of the situation.

Happy reading!
                    And I second rec that and anything wanderingsmith wrote. She has a unique way of writing, and she is especially good with the sparky kind of John. Plus, the smut she writes? Brings a new level of hotness! Go read!!!!

Comment

Anuna... you're a bad, bad girl!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
                      Bad girl and a very good sparky shipper! You know me!

Comment

Argh, okay, it is like after midnight out here in California, and I soooo need some sleep!

So I'm heading off to bed, where I will dream lots of smutty Sparky dreams!

See you tomorrow, Sparkies!

And remember...

Comment

Yep yep we'll keep that in mind.

SK - after you come back I'd like to ask your opinion on some fic writing, there's that one idea I'm working on and I need an advice so I could avoid a very big plothole!

Comment

okie guys, wanted to throw this your way before I had to poof.

For those interested in sending Carl something:
                            http://nightswhisper.livejournal.com/97960.html

this will probably be cross posted in the sparky community over there. Maybe a couple other threads here. (The sparky part edited out to be general friendly. )
                            "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

Am I glad half of you went to bed... Had a lot of pages to go through.

...nobody dies in Sci Fi...
                              That makes me angry beyond belief, because like the realism-issue, people do die in scifi and never return (and yes, I'm thinking about Kate right now, but also about Peter and the dozen other red shirts that we've lost along the way).
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                                If we get Torri back, I don't care how corny the come back is. Does that make me a bad supporter?
                                If you're bad, I'm badder.

Originally posted by SoulSpinder View Post
                                Does anyone know Carl's favorite things? We could put a package together and a letter from the sparky thread... I wouldn't mind voulenteering for the shipping. I live close to a border so it might be cheaper if I actually sent it in Canada...

also, someone asked earlier what makes Sparky eternal?

This episode.

Sparky lives. After all this time, after all that has happened. It's there. And as long as they live, so will the spark.
                                Do you realize that now
                                Spoiler:
                                John knows where she is? He could steal a jumper, grab the team and go rescue her. They could take her to a secret place and revive her. If they wanted to. Just sayin'. But now he has to live with knowing she's floating out there. We just ratcheted up the angst level in that boy to a new height.

Thank you for that! It's humbling and it's a responsibility, because I want to measure up and bring some good stuff. I shall sharpen my writing pencils and do my best!

Oh Oh Brad is LOVE! He has amazing songs, many of them very sparky!!!

People! SR, especially. Who will make me a John (laced with serious amounts of sparky) video with THIS SONG: Johnny Cash - the man comes around

I think this is simply perfect for not quite understood, heroic, never bowing down John who doesn't leave his people behind. Or at least point me to really good John scenes from S4. This song needs to be John - vidded and it has to be awesome.
                                Love the song. I'm working on a Sparky vid right now and needless to say have new inspiration. S4 has tons of good John stuff. As does S&R. You would do a great job on this one. *nudges* I'll help with clip suggestions.

I've had way too little sleep. I should have stayed up because I just couldn't sleep. But when I finally did I dreamed about John.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X