Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kazan
    Personally I like to see my "ship" encompass not only a potential romantic angle but very much an exploration of the relationship / friendship as a whole.
    I agree. I want to see friendship first. I want to see how they get to know each other (and not just those two - all of them), I want to see fights and laughter and silly stuff and deep thoughts and everything. And I want to see REACTIONS when something bad happens.
    Spoiler:
    That "no" as an answer to Sheppard's "Are you alright" was great. Finally, someone who's actually affected by what's happening around them!
    That's what I've been missing on SG-1 lately. They have all those traumas and bad stuff happening to them and they just go on as if nothing's happened. That's not normal - and certainly not healthy. (Yes, this is CoffeeGirl in Social Worker Mode speaking. Ignore me.)

So far, I'm very pleased with the way the characters interact. There's a lot of touching and caring (again, not just Sheppard and Weir) and smiling. Great potential there.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
    it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
    It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
    And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

I would agree with that. I do want them to explore their relationship. I do hope it progresses to a romantic relationship at some stages, but I would prefer them to be friends first. Having said that, I want to see that exploration of all the relationships in Atlantis. Up to now, for example, we haven't seen very much of Ford compared to the others. I'd like to see his relationships with the other characters. I'd like to see more of MacKay/Shep and MacKay/Beckett etc etc.

But I do very much want to see Shep/Weir developing into a romantic relationship eventually. However, I'm not getting my hopes up. For the moment, I'll be very happy to see strong friendships blossom.

Comment

Here's an nice fic John/Liz for the New Year
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2192198/1/. It is by MsRaven.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
          Done. Is it just me or does this excellant thread have a habit of falling on to the second page far too often?
          Yes! *cross arms and taps foot*

You all need to post more!

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
            I agree. I want to see friendship first. I want to see how they get to know each other (and not just those two - all of them), I want to see fights and laughter and silly stuff and deep thoughts and everything. And I want to see REACTIONS when something bad happens.
            Spoiler:
            That "no" as an answer to Sheppard's "Are you alright" was great. Finally, someone who's actually affected by what's happening around them!
            That's what I've been missing on SG-1 lately. They have all those traumas and bad stuff happening to them and they just go on as if nothing's happened. That's not normal - and certainly not healthy. (Yes, this is CoffeeGirl in Social Worker Mode speaking. Ignore me.)

So far, I'm very pleased with the way the characters interact. There's a lot of touching and caring (again, not just Sheppard and Weir) and smiling. Great potential there.
            Yes, I agree to all the recent posts, it would be great to see a respectful caring friendship to emerge, and if it turned into something more way in the future so be it, and if it didn't c'est la vie.

I'm not going to stop writing and reading fanfic and squeeeing tho!

Talking of fanfic, I also recommend MsRaven. And here's another good one:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2194460/1/
            Last edited by astronomicalchick; 29 December 2004, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
              Yes, I agree to all the recent posts, it would be great to see a respectful caring friendship to emerge, and if it turned into something more way in the future so be it, and if it didn't c'est la vie.

I'm not going to stop writing and reading fanfic and squeeeing tho!

Talking of fanfic, I also recommend MsRaven. And here's another good one:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2194460/1/
              *huggles Astro*

Thanks Astro for being my advertiser! I'm glad you enjoyed!

I hope I can get the next chapter up soon...right now i'm having a tiny writer's block on the technobabble for Rodney.
              ~Athena

Comment

Astro asked me to post these screencaps over here in the ship thread. I have no idea why. Nope.

Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

My little shipper heart says squee.
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Squee indeed - he looks so young, especially in that second picture. Very sweet. Awww.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                    it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                    It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                    And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                      Squee indeed - he looks so young, especially in that second picture. Very sweet. Awww.

Doesn't he? Like you just want to take him home and cuddle him
                      sigpic
                      Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Salty
                        Doesn't he? Like you just want to take him home and cuddle him
                        oh yeah... just cuddle him Salty? I think not

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                          Astro asked me to post these screencaps over here in the ship thread. I have no idea why. Nope.

Mmm.....he looks so sweet! Thank you Liv & Astro

What ep are they from?

Comment

Just to let the American's know that SGA is going to be mentioned on the Conan O'Brian Show tonight. Pierre reported this on SG-1 Spoilergate today. So anybody that gets a chance to see it would you be so kind as to report it to us.

He has also confirmed that the final cut of the Lowdown is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...p2/shep10f.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...p2/shep10g.jpg
                              I shall join in the squeeeing...Squeee!
                              ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
                                Just to let the American's know that SGA is going to be mentioned on the Conan O'Brian Show tonight. Pierre reported this on SG-1 Spoilergate today. So anybody that gets a chance to see it would you be so kind as to report it to us.

He has also confirmed that the final cut of the Lowdown is ready.
                                Dang it...if i didn't have work tomorrow I'd stay up to watch Conan...I guess i'll record it then.

Originally posted by Shelsfc
                                What ep are they from?
                                I believe those caps are from "Before I sleep"
                                Spoiler:
                                in the end after Elizabeth just released the ashes of the Older Weir into the wind, and John had that adorable look when he came to tell her that they were ready for the briefing.
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X