No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez! what's Teyla doing there??? (Sorry but I had to!) That's a great scene.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by SazZat View Post

mwah ha ha hello little sparky shippers

spoiler for OT ramble (because I need to talk about these things lol)
      Spoiler:
      I've just been doing some designs for my birthday cake for later this month. I love making cakes. I haven't made one sinse last year though...mainly through lack of time. I used to make them for everyone in my family but just never did last year. I like to sort out my own cake though just for the sake of getting creative I normally pick a different theme each year just to be a bit different. So far I think I've had:

14th: Formula 1 car (I thought I had pics of this but obviously not on this pc. Will edit later with links)
      15th: Aldershot Town FC
      16th: Harry Potter - Quidditch
      17th: SG-1 Stargate 1 l 2
      18th: Doc Who TARDIS
      19th: ???

Favourite is my Stargate. Took 6 hours to decorate that. My F1 car was only the 2nd cake I ever made so I'm quite proud of that as well. I'm gonna get really ambitious this year and go all out for it. I've been animating with plasticine this last year so I'm a lot better at modelling so hopefully that will cross over into being better with icing it.
      And it's theme this year...obviously SGA

and just so this isn't a completely off topic post:

ToR pic...but not really spoilery...just in case though:
      Spoiler:

such a cute pic...sneaking a quick glance when he thinks no one will notice. I like that. Someone needs to worry about Elizabeth because she's too busy worrying about everyone else to give a second thought about herself.
      Faboo pic! *Sparky!Love*

And awesome job on the cake! Very cool.

Tried to green ya. Take an unofficial one?

AL

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        Big 'ol tense moment in Hot Zone when Elizabeth and John argue over whether or not he should be in the control room and she won't unlike the door or answer him

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l228/abracahpocus/Atlantis/Hot%20Zone/hz16.jpg[/IMG]

Darn, I thought I had the pic of Elizabeth too. Now I need to go look for it.
        Ahhh Hot Zone is the bestest. Gotta love it.

The best bit in that ep is when John and Teyla have got hte hazmat suits on and John is trying to contact Elizabeth on the radio. She stays silent and we see her leaning over her laptop looking like she's about to cry.
        That moment makes my heart break, but it's like one of my favourite Sparky moments...I'm so odd.

Originally posted by A.L. View Post
        Faboo pic! *Sparky!Love*

And awesome job on the cake! Very cool.

Tried to green ya. Take an unofficial one?

AL
        Thanks Unofficial green is under rated in my opinion gotta love it.

And now goodbye for an hour or so while I go watch NCIS and get my fix of my other girlcrush

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
        ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Funny that 1189 people have taken that little test. I though this ship was just a figment of our imaginations. *admits to being slightly befuddled*

Yep. TOTALLY in our heads. No real basis for it. Must be some sort of contaminate.

Originally posted by Kinky_Carter View Post
          Hey hey, I made that quiz.

Faboo to you!

That quiz is too hard! LOL I got stuck picking a first answer...got to the second question and it's impossible.

...this may take a while
          Yes, it was quite difficult. Especially for someone who can barely choose a favorite anything except for a favorite ship.

I ended up with "The Hug" which is perfect. Though I think I could actually fit any one of them as everything Sparky is my fave.

AL

Comment

Ahhh Hot Zone is the bestest. Gotta love it.

The best bit in that ep is when John and Teyla have got hte hazmat suits on and John is trying to contact Elizabeth on the radio. She stays silent and we see her leaning over her laptop looking like she's about to cry.
            That moment makes my heart break, but it's like one of my favourite Sparky moments...I'm so odd.

Yeah I absolutely loved that moment too!!! She was so dissapointed by what he did... and worried too!! And at the end when she tells him how he's gotta trust her... i love Hot Zone, it's HOT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Yeah I absolutely loved that moment too!!! She was so dissapointed by what he did... and worried too!! And at the end when she tells him how he's gotta trust her... i love Hot Zone, it's HOT!!!
              i second that notion lol. it's so sad yet so brilliant at the same time if i was in weirs shoes i would have done more than shout at him once it was over lol
              the best formular
              (+)x(+)=
              proud member of ship ship hooray special Ops team

Comment

That was a moment that showed just how much he can affect her. It's got many implications... which i have to think trough. I analyse things slowly but toroughly. LOL

Comment

Geez! what's Teyla doing there??? (Sorry but I had to!) That's a great scene.
                  Odd, since John and Liz aren't even together for most of that ep that his breaking isolation to save her makes one of the most romantic moments list in the SciFi mag.

Originally posted by true_romance View Post
                  i second that notion lol. it's so sad yet so brilliant at the same time if i was in weirs shoes i would have done more than shout at him once it was over lol
                  She was about to before Rodney and Carson interrupted.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Both have a perfect sense of timing, especially Rodney. (That must have been his idea. if carson was alone, he would let them finish their fight properly... kissing on the table... or under the table. But kissing!)

Comment

Allright! Considering I'm completely lost in translation the conversations you guys have, I'm gonna spam you with pr0ny caps

In the briefing room,

John's thoughts : Rodney makes me want to snore sometimes...
                      Elizabeth brushs against John.
                      John's thoughts : That on the other hand...

John : "Is that an invitation?"

Elizabeth : "Hey! I never said it was. But, regardless, would you convey?"

*A few minutes later*

John : Why are they following us?
                      Elizabeth : I don't know. I thought I had been clear the debriefing was over.

Rodney : Why are they whispering?
                      Teyla : Rodney, you're whispering as well.
                      Ronon : So are you...

John : We should probably go seperate ways. Meet me in the closet in twenty minutes.
                      Elizabeth : Thank you Colonel!
                      John : No problem Dr. Weir.

Rodney : Why are you whispering?
                      Teyla : I don't know.

Rodney : " Oh great! Now they're gone, I was trying to listen to their conversation... I'm sure they're having...I wanted to know... nevermind. "
                      Ronon : " Get a life Rodney! "

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                        Allright! Considering I'm completely lost in translation the conversations you guys have, I'm gonna spam you with pr0ny caps

In the briefing room,

*A few minutes later*

John : We should probably go seperate ways. Meet me in the closet in twenty minutes.

Rodney : " Oh great! Now they're gone, I was trying to listen to their conversation... I'm sure they're having...I wanted to know... nevermind. "

LOL, that made my day.

Comment

That was a moment that showed just how much he can affect her. It's got many implications... which i have to think trough. I analyse things slowly but toroughly. LOL
                          The deal with Hot Zone is that it's straight after the events of TS/TE and we all know that 2 parter was a big turning point for Sparky. The point is that after what happened there, that was a defining point in their relationship, realising that they would do anything for each other (and Rodney and the rest of the team as well cos he was there...but that's not the point). They've reached the stage where they do care about each other. Elizabeth finally thinks they are now going to be on the same page, or at least try to understand each other, rather than conflicting so much in professional situations. After what happened in The Eye, she obviously gave Shep bonus points for that in terms of that he showed just how important this expedition has become to him. No one can blame her for expecting a bit more respect from Sheppard after that. '
                          Hot Zone comes so soon after The Eye that Shep's reaction and his insubordination disapoint Elizabeth more than it usually would because she thought he now has more respect for her as the leader of the expedition. She has placed him so high that the fall down is much greater. So, it makes dealing with the fall out so much harder because she is expecting more from him, rather than expecting nothing.
                          At the beginning of season 1 maybe she wouldn't be so upset about Sheppard doing what he did, but by Hot Zone things have got personal...at least it feels personal because it happened after a situation that couldn't help but show the more personal side to the developing relationships on Atlantis. Angst is a powerful thing.
                          Hot Zone is great because it's almost an episode that shows us the consiquences of events in TS/TE. It's an episode that shows us how everyone has been effected by that and how relationships have changed and been effected. Elizabeth shows this perfectly by taking Shep's insubordination a lot more personally than she probably would have done earlier in s1.

It's hard to explain what I mean so I hope at least some people understand what I'm babbling on about

Hot Zone = sexual tension at it's best as well. It doesn't have to be in the shippy sense, but my god it's so there.

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post

In the briefing room,

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s147/fanfr1ends/Trinity5.jpg[/IMG]

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s147/fanfr1ends/Trinity4.jpg[/IMG]

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s147/fanfr1ends/Trinity3.jpg[/IMG]

*A few minutes later*

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s147/fanfr1ends/Trinity1.jpg[/IMG]

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s147/fanfr1ends/Trinity2.jpg[/IMG]

haha you are love

Comment

The deal with Hot Zone is that it's straight after the events of TS/TE and we all know that 2 parter was a big turning point for Sparky. The point is that after what happened there, that was a defining point in their relationship, realising that they would do anything for each other (and Rodney and the rest of the team as well cos he was there...but that's not the point). They've reached the stage where they do care about each other. Elizabeth finally thinks they are now going to be on the same page, or at least try to understand each other, rather than conflicting so much in professional situations. After what happened in The Eye, she obviously gave Shep bonus points for that in terms of that he showed just how important this expedition has become to him. No one can blame her for expecting a bit more respect from Sheppard after that. '
                            Hot Zone comes so soon after The Eye that Shep's reaction and his insubordination disapoint Elizabeth more than it usually would because she thought he now has more respect for her as the leader of the expedition. She has placed him so high that the fall down is much greater. So, it makes dealing with the fall out so much harder because she is expecting more from him, rather than expecting nothing.
                            At the beginning of season 1 maybe she wouldn't be so upset about Sheppard doing what he did, but by Hot Zone things have got personal...at least it feels personal because it happened after a situation that couldn't help but show the more personal side to the developing relationships on Atlantis. Angst is a powerful thing.
                            Hot Zone is great because it's almost an episode that shows us the consiquences of events in TS/TE. It's an episode that shows us how everyone has been effected by that and how relationships have changed and been effected. Elizabeth shows this perfectly by taking Shep's insubordination a lot more personally than she probably would have done earlier in s1.

It's hard to explain what I mean so I hope at least some people understand what I'm babbling on about

Hot Zone = sexual tension at it's best as well. It doesn't have to be in the shippy sense, but my god it's so there.
                            My thoughts on Hot Zone.

J and E had developed a great working relationship. They always seemed to be on the same page and had not had any big disagreements up to that point, IIRC. Along comes a situation that E takes control over and J feels he should be more involved than just waiting. Neither one of them is willing to give an inch and wants it handled their way.

First fights can be hurtful no matter what. This one happened to end up being very public and things did not go smoothly for either one. While J did not seem to get his feelings hurt, E did. When two people get along as well as they do, a conflicting opinion can cause a surprising bump in the road and make the hurt all the more poignant.

My hubby and I always seem to flow well together on ideas and opinions. We work and play well together. It always catches us off-guard when we disagree and it seems to really throw us for a loop. Feathers get ruffled, tempers flare and, eventually, apologies flow. It always seems a little surreal that we actually had an arguement.

I think this is kind of what happened to J and E. It surprised them that they did not agree. You could see in John's face that he had a hard time believing that Elizabeth wasn't just going to give in to him. She was astounded that he used his military influence to go over her head. It was hard for them to find some middle ground. What made it more important was that it was a professional issue and therefore it must be resolved quickly.

Err, that was a long ramble. How about a non tense moment

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I totally agree with that you managed to explain yourself a lot better than my silly ramble.

Comment

Yeah I totally agree with that you managed to explain yourself a lot better than my silly ramble.
                                Your "silly ramble" is what put it in perspective for me! Thanks!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X