Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    IF they put her in the action, I think it is more likely she will use the rep. gun than the P90. Just because she has the P90 in the first part doesn't mean she will have it in the second part, I've seen enough two part eps on too many shows to expect everything to be exactly the same. But we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit
      Spoiler:
      IF they put her in the action, I think it is more likely she will use the rep. gun than the P90. Just because she has the P90 in the first part doesn't mean she will have it in the second part, I've seen enough two part eps on too many shows to expect everything to be exactly the same. But we'll see.
      Good point and could be.
      Spoiler:
      I'd enjoy seeing an argument between them about it though. Maybe let John try and take it away from her or tell her she doesn't have to use it if she feels like she can't. Some acknowledgement between them that what they're doing is tough equally on both of their parts. I liked the way Elizabeth stared at him after he cut Landry off in the jumper but I'd like a bit more extension on that in pt. 2.

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin
        Yeah, I thought about that, too. On several occasions, officials said that...
        Spoiler:
        we'd be in for some changes and shocking events in the 2nd half of the 3rd season.
        Lizzie has such a peaceful nature, fighting and maybe even hurting someone other than a Replicator (although I hope not) or actually witnessing someone of her team being hurt in a fight... that sure will have some effect on her. John, Teyla and Ronon are experienced warriors, Rodney has been on enough missions to at least be halfway mentally prepared and Carson has seen quite a lot of wounds, being a doctor. Whoa, that episode sure is going to be interesting and possibly nerve-wrecking. @_@;
        Also, if they kill off Carson (there have been rumours), I'll fly over and eat them alive. ]:
        Spoiler:
        Now why did you have to go and ruin my day with talk like that? I don't want to live in a world with Carson dead and Teyla alive. Oh the injustice of it all.

As many others have stated, I can't begin to express how much I like this whole cliff-hanger. I love the idea of fighting for their "home." Usually it's just about them defending it...I think it was a great (and refreshing) idea to have them lose it and then reclaim it again. I'm looking forward to seeing Lizzie in combat, especially if it means emotional/psychological ramifications...of which John has to her help her deal with (though, the way things have been going I would say Carson stepping in would be more likely). It's such an interesting prospect for her character.

Why must SCIFI torture us with these six-month hiatuses (or is it hiati, lol).

Love your banners, atlantis_babe & leelakin.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef
          Spoiler:
          I'm looking forward to seeing Lizzie in combat, especially if it means emotional/psychological ramifications...of which John has to her help her deal with (though, the way things have been going I would say Carson stepping in would be more likely). It's such an interesting prospect for her character.
          Spoiler:
          Nah, if he KNOWS she's hurting-John will be there. She shrugged things off in that bedroom scene and gave so little away and was so immediately formal with him that I don't blame him for not knowing if she wanted to see him back on Earth or not. I mean she wouldn't return his calls and I agree with SR that he's not as confident a man beneath the cocky flyboy exterior. He simply didn't know. If I have learned ONE huge thing with my own man it's that you have to TELL THEM EXACTLY WHAT YOU FEEL OR WANT. They are very base creatures and simply don't pick up signals as well as women do. I could tell Elizabeth was flat out DYING in that bedroom scene and I could tell she wanted to say SO MUCH MORE to him but in John's estimation, I'm sure he felt she was shutting him out a little and simply didn't need him to deal with her own pain. I think recent episodes show us that he thinks of her as being emotionally stronger than himself. But, I think John knows what firing a weapon in combat will cost her psychologically and emotionally. I think if she'll let him-he'll be there for her if the need arises. And geesh, I hope it does. I think we get the really personal convo between them in pt. 2 because we didn't get the trademark personal talk in pt. 1 and they made sure we all *noticed* how they didn't let their talk become too personal.
          Last edited by Bama; 26 September 2006, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
            Spoiler:
            Nah, if he KNOWS she's hurting-John will be there. She shrugged things off in that bedroom scene and gave so little away and was so immediately formal with him that I don't blame him for not knowing if she wanted to see him back on Earth or not. I mean she wouldn't return his calls and I agree with SR that he's not as confident a man beneath the cocky flyboy exterior. He simply didn't know. If I have learned ONE huge thing with my own man it's that you have to TELL THEM EXACTLY WHAT YOU FEEL OR WANT. They are very base creatures and simply don't pick up signals as well as women do. I could tell Elizabeth was flat out DYING in that bedroom scene and I could tell she wanted to say SO MUCH MORE to him but to him, I'm sure he felt she was shutting him out a little and simply didn't need him to deal with her own pain. John knows what firing a weapon in combat will cost her psychologically and emotionally. I think if she'll let him-he'll be there for her if the need arises. And geesh, I hope it does. I think we get the really personal convo between them in pt. 2 because we didn't get the trademark personal talk in pt. 1 and they made sure we all *noticed* how they didn't let their talk become too personal.
            Good point...I can't think of anything else to add, must be me .

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Made antoher Sparky vid

Vid

Spoiler:
              ITA but i don't know if she will use the p-90, but they have Zats they took from the SGC cus in the return after john shot his team mate a Zat was activated and it was Lizzy's cus u kinda saw her standing at the corner with it out, maybe, but remember they are replicators so they should be using Sam's new gun thingys that she made. but who knows i just hope she gets a taste of what its like to fire a weapon, this has been one of the things that i wanted to nag about to the TPTB about giving her a gun and now "Fullfilment'!... Def should be a Balcony scene after this one!
              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Ok IMO ( beware spoilers for the 2nd half of season 3 )
                Spoiler:
                Weir could face a certain trauma in the return part 2, maybe, because of the fact that she gave up her life back on earth ( mostly a normal life ) as to escape from it only to discover a new question : Is Atlantis about her life or the life of the people on earth? The answer is obvious, both!
                That is why, imo she's gonna low down her shields in Sunday, and that is the reason why she goes on a date with the guy. It's a step forward for Weir, which may open roads for her to get on with her life and maybe see that flyboy is not just a professional opportunity.

But again this is an idea for fanfictions, but i'm not gonna speculate on the writers choice again, we can't do anything about what they're gonna do or not gonna do. For the moment being the easiest thing to do is to google:
                Spoiler:
                Sheppard Weir and then Sheppard Teyla and see the difference, I'm mean I know that. ( I've got nothing against sheylas but this was fun to do lol - better than Sparky of Sheyla - (lol) It's just that I'm pis*ed tonight, because whether the writers pick our pairing or not, I'm under the impression that the they risk to scr3w the relationships parts of the show like they did for S/J. Hope my friends, hope....

Good night and Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate
                  Ok IMO ( beware spoilers for the 2nd half of season 3 )
                  Spoiler:
                  Weir could face a certain trauma in the return part 2, maybe, because of the fact that she gave up her life back on earth ( mostly a normal life ) as to escape from it only to discover a new question : Is Atlantis about her life or the life of the people on earth? The answer is obvious, both!
                  That is why, imo she's gonna low down her shields in Sunday, and that is the reason why she goes on a date with the guy. It's a step forward for Weir, which may open roads for her to get on with her life and maybe see that flyboy is not just a professional opportunity.
                  u have a good point there

Spoiler:
                  does anyone know who the scientist is going to be

Just out of curiosity?

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyRN
                    question, sorry if this has been asked before. I was watching The Seige 1,2, and 3 today and i thought i saw
                    Spoiler:
                    Elizabeth's pocketwatch on her desk
                    . I think it was in part 2 (not 100% sure). Did anyone else see it? I didn't remember ever seeing it until
                    Spoiler:
                    Coup D etat
                    . Would anyone happen to have a screencap?
                    The watch first appeared in season one - off hand the first I can find is in Hot Zone (pic behind spoiler tags):
                    Spoiler:

It may have been in there earlier, but without rewatching the episodes I can't say for sure.

I can't find a cap right now of it from Seige I, II, or III - but then, I don't have any from those stored on this computer. The watch was pretty much just kind of there until season two, when (some season two and three spoilers ahead)
                    Spoiler:
                    we see her playing with it before John comes in and plunks his butt on her desk. And we don't get the official backstory to it until TRW.

But it has been there all along. Mostly it's just been overshadowed by the mint jar.

On another topic:

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                    Return

Spoiler:
                    Amendment: Elizabeth's room has three doors. Odds of a connecting door to John's room? Increased!
                    Sally, I like the way you think!
                    ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                    The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                        WOW that's hot! Electric, indeed!!!
                        My Myspace (doesn't that seem redundant?)

Sig courtesy of Whistler84, R.I.P.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Now why did you have to go and ruin my day with talk like that? I don't want to live in a world with Carson dead and Teyla alive. Oh the injustice of it all.

As many others have stated, I can't begin to express how much I like this whole cliff-hanger. I love the idea of fighting for their "home." Usually it's just about them defending it...I think it was a great (and refreshing) idea to have them lose it and then reclaim it again. I'm looking forward to seeing Lizzie in combat, especially if it means emotional/psychological ramifications...of which John has to her help her deal with (though, the way things have been going I would say Carson stepping in would be more likely). It's such an interesting prospect for her character.

-Stef
                          Thanks! =)

As for The Return,
                          Spoiler:
                          sorry! *lol* I really, really hope that won't happen. And I'll just be in denial until the episode airs. XDD (besides, Carson's in the spoilers for coming eps)
                          I think that John will very readily help Lizzie if she gets any problems with/through fighting, may it be psychological or physical. If she really wants a good talk about it afterwards, though, I suggest that she clearly shows him that he's welcome in her private space again. XDD (like Bama said, he might not know what to do about her now)

As for
                          Spoiler:
                          the scientist 'date' in the cafeteria, I hope we get some kind of jealousy/shock reaction from John! XD
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

-Stef
                            Sorry Stef i didnt see ur post there!.. thanks !

Spoiler:
                            does anyone know who the guy is that is going be playing the scientist?

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin
                              Thanks! =)

As for The Return,
                              Spoiler:
                              sorry! *lol* I really, really hope that won't happen. And I'll just be in denial until the episode airs. XDD (besides, Carson's in the spoilers for coming eps)
                              I think that John will very readily help Lizzie if she gets any problems with/through fighting, may it be psychological or physical. If she really wants a good talk about it afterwards, though, I suggest that she clearly shows him that he's welcome in her private space again. XDD (like Bama said, he might not know what to do about her now)

As for
                              Spoiler:
                              the scientist 'date' in the cafeteria, I hope we get some kind of jealousy/shock reaction from John! XD
                              Sunday
                              Spoiler:
                              It may sound terrible, but part of me wants her scientist/date in Sunday to die or be a bad guy in disguise. I'm not really looking forward to seeing her on a date with someone other than John. I'm sure it will progress the relationship with John(if this really is the direction TPTB are headed), but I don't want to see him again after this episode.

Comment

hey justt wrote a fic basic but fluff

"What if?"

to be honest it doesnt worry me. Sure im a big sparker fan, but i think that
                                Spoiler:
                                Elizabeth "dating" other men is good for their relationship. im my eyes you cant have a pure ship where there are no obsticals. This scientist is just an obstical, they they will most likely pass and then everybody's happy again

.... if he cute doesnt worry me

Comment

Working...
                                X