Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lady Lethe View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Atlantis really needs the equivalent of a Joey Tribiani...okay, so maybe it would be amusing, but not if it's John.
    Hey, playing games like Fireball might be a great way for our Lanteans to relax!
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

With all the spoilers, rumors, and cast changes going around, its hard to not speculate about what might or might not happen in the show. But for some reason, I'm not too worried. Maybe I'm still silly enough to hope that the TPTB will realize that this is a Sci-Fi show about people exploring the galaxy, meeting aliens, finding technology to better mankind and whatnot. And not a drama where relationships of who is with who that makes the show interesting. As much as I would love John and Elizabeth to be canon, I wouldn't want the TPTB to focus on any single relationship either Sparky or anything else to take away from the main plots, which is exploring Atlantis and Pegasus.

The addition or subtraction of characters can be for better or worse. It's hard to tell when we don't have any information on the plans for guest actors. And It's always sad to see favorite characters go, but hopefully, it is something that expands the storyline instead of diminishing it.

I guess I'll bring up an old motto of "Don't Panic!" Because why worry over something that could be nothing? I'm not saying what everyone is speculating might not happen, because I don't know. I don't have the connections I wish I had. I guess I'm still giving the TPTB the benefit of a doubt that they won't try to kill their own show. Because if they kill a show and lose its fan base, they won't have a job anymore... and why would you want to sabtoge your own job?
      ~Athena

Comment

If anyone feels a bit confused. . due to the database crash, GW lost all posts between 2:00 a.m. and around 10:00 a.m. today.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
          If anyone feels a bit confused. . due to the database crash, GW lost all posts between 2:00 a.m. and around 10:00 a.m. today.
          So that's what happened. I wasn't on last night. So I figured the forum just died for 10 hours since it wouldn't be the first time.
          ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
            So that's what happened. I wasn't on last night. So I figured the forum just died for 10 hours since it wouldn't be the first time.
            I, on the other hand, thought the thread got heavily modded because I remember reading quite a few posts that are no longer here.

(My number of posts. )

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
              With all the spoilers, rumors, and cast changes going around, its hard to not speculate about what might or might not happen in the show. But for some reason, I'm not too worried. Maybe I'm still silly enough to hope that the TPTB will realize that this is a Sci-Fi show about people exploring the galaxy, meeting aliens, finding technology to better mankind and whatnot. And not a drama where relationships of who is with who that makes the show interesting. As much as I would love John and Elizabeth to be canon, I wouldn't want the TPTB to focus on any single relationship either Sparky or anything else to take away from the main plots, which is exploring Atlantis and Pegasus.

The addition or subtraction of characters can be for better or worse. It's hard to tell when we don't have any information on the plans for guest actors. And It's always sad to see favorite characters go, but hopefully, it is something that expands the storyline instead of diminishing it.

I guess I'll bring up an old motto of "Don't Panic!" Because why worry over something that could be nothing? I'm not saying what everyone is speculating might not happen, because I don't know. I don't have the connections I wish I had. I guess I'm still giving the TPTB the benefit of a doubt that they won't try to kill their own show. Because if they kill a show and lose its fan base, they won't have a job anymore... and why would you want to sabtoge your own job?
              Very well said. Some of the panic is quite amusing, but not the part about
              Spoiler:
              Carson.
              Athena, maybe you make too much sense. I would love to think TPTB are thinking along those lines, but sometimes it's like they are throwing darts at a plot board. This season seems to be about character bonding which they are doing because of fan complaints that last season they had none. But like everything else they are likely to take it to extremes to the point that we have Stargate:Oprah. Here's hoping the second half is more action, more snark, more humor and yes, I'm saying this...less ship. We can get plenty of satisfaction from the leadership part of the S/W ship coupled with the friendship angle. I'm willing to speak for the Sheylas and say the team/friendship moments with J/T would make them happy also. It's been made pretty clear that they aren't going to actually canonize any ship and just looking for something that's not there spoils the show for everyone. I want good plots, exploration of the city, danger and running with guns, and I think The Return 2 sets that possibility up nicely.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

The thread does seem a little gappy with all the missing posts. For once I'm kind of glad I was asleep!

Comment

I forget what else I had to say, but I'm reposting my lost picscam. Here's to hoping in the rest of S3 and S4 we get more scenes where John looks at Elizabeth like this:
                  Spoiler:

and this

and this

this

this

also this

and this

and let's not forget

There are bunches of others, but this is a good cross section of the many looks he gives her. Nah, nothing shippy to see here.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I forget what else I had to say, but I'm reposting my lost picscam. Here's to hoping in the rest of S3 and S4 we get more scenes where John looks at Elizabeth like this:
                    Spoiler:

and this

and this

this

this

also this

and this

and let's not forget

There are bunches of others, but this is a good cross section of the many looks he gives her. Nah, nothing shippy to see here.
                    Oh, I hope so!!! *happy sigh*

Comment

I am sure that I am definitely, wholeheartedly in the DON'T PANIC camp. I love Atlantis for many reasons. Yes, hearing about all the upcoming changes has made me nervous. I worry about TPTB handling it correctly. I am not worried about the changes just because they are changes though. I think that change can be a pretty positive thing most of the time.

As for our Sparky, I like them the way they are. They are wonderful co-leaders and great friends and confidants. As long as that is not messed with, I can be happy. I don't want them to take a step down from where they are. I would love a step up to a little closer, but like I said, I am happy with where they are.
                      sigpic

Comment

Vote, if you are registered at SciFi:

http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2255068

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Nice pic spam. I LOVE that little look from Intruder. It's all the looking when the other isn't that makes *le sigh*

Like so:

Spoiler:

*melts*
                          ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                            So that's where all my posts went! *headdesk* Dang. *lol* I can't even remember what I was ranting about at the time.
                            Spoiler:
                            Probably Carson though. I'd be okay with ALL the changes so far if they only kept him.

As for Sparky, they're nicely settled right now. *lol* I like their relationship that way.
                            Spoiler:
                            Of course, events in the end of season 3 and season 4 are bound to shake up everyone, so let's just hope it will get them closer together.

PS: Awesome caps, everyone! =D
                            sigpic

Comment

Random but no so much since someone was talking about this a few days ago.

Sateda

Spoiler:
                              I was watching this episode and it never fails to puzzle me, the little smile he gives when he mentions Elizabeth.

"Elizabeth"

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                                Random but no so much since someone was talking about this a few days ago.

Sateda

Spoiler:
                                I was watching this episode and it never fails to puzzle me, the little smile he gives when he mentions Elizabeth.

"Elizabeth"

That one little action by John in that scene never fails to amuse me. After all the names he lists, why that one? How can we not interpret it the way we are interpretting it?
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X