Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
    Thanks, Moo! John's always there to kiss her better help out. Glad you like the Teyla story. I was worried I was going to be sporked by the masses for the first scene.
    No, I'd wait to see where it developed before bringing out the sporks. As it stands, there's nothing wrong there.

I think she'd feel a lot of things: hurt, betrayal, frustration... I like what you said at the end there, and I agree. I think she'd know his heart was in the right place even if his head wasn't, and she'd forgive him that aslong as he didn't turn bullheaded about it.
    Would John do that?

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
      Do the new episodes start in Canada tonight?
      Hmmm, I'm afraid they didn't. ): At least I didn't hear Return pt.2 being mentioned anywhere.
      sigpic

Comment

Do the new episodes start in Canada tonight?
        Nope. Not until November 20 or something like that.

Comment

I posted the final chapter of City of Eagles today. There are links to earlier chapters on that page.

An index of all the ShadowGate AU Fics. For those of you unfamiliar, this is an AU where Elizabeth is an american spy during World War II and the early Cold War and John is an air force reservist/math professor caught up in her adventures.

For those of you who are curious, this is probably the middle story in a trilogy, with the third one taking place soemtime during Vietnam.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
            Nope. Not until November 20 or something like that.
            Oh! Where do you have that bit of info from? It's actually good news if it's true. =D *is desperate for them to continue the 3rd season this year*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
              Oh! Where do you have that bit of info from? It's actually good news if it's true. =D *is desperate for them to continue the 3rd season this year*
              A certain LiveJournal community I'm not allowed to link to.

Comment

Okay, I haven't visted this thread for over a month so I don't know if this has been discussed or not already-but I just found this out and I am in a near panic. Over in the 'Keep the lion rampant' thread this was posted on the 20th by TJuk
                I got the UK Scifi Mag 'Starburst' where Joe Mallozi and Brad Wright talk about their plans to DEFINATELY transfer SG1 main characters over next season onto SGA (one of the key factors in the one or more SGA main cast loss rumours to make room). They also talk about the SG1 DVD movies, and needing the characters for those but then sorta skip to the next question. Which says to me either they will have a rolling spot and use multiple characters...or they dont think SGA will go long enough to worry about it. They also talk about the future of the SGA characters, each and everyone individually and their plans for them....EXCEPT Carson and Weir.
                Now, I may be in a panic over nothing, but I am in a panic. The fact that they don't talk about Carson doesn't phase me because the rumour that he's leaving has been around for a while....it's the lack of mentioning Elizabeth that has me frightened out of my skull....

THEY CAN'T KILL OF ELIZABETH! They can't have her leave the show! They can't! I mean.....my god! They just can't....I mean....there is her and John and they just can't! They just can't! I mean....god! She is the glue that keeps them all together. She is their leader, and they can't replace her.....they can't. If she leaves, I am so NOT watching the show....she is my favourite character, and I mean....my god what will that do to Sparky? If they kill her off.... *shudder*....if the IOA fires her...well, plot wise, reality wise I understand that she is a civilian leader and if they wanted to militerize Atlantis with the Asurans wrecking havoc...well....I can understand that......but still.... even if they brought over say Daniel and Vala (cause where Daniel goes Vala follows) to replace Elizabeth I still wouldn't watch the show. I mean she is ELIZABETH!!!!! for gods sake!. They can't get rid of her! They can't! They can't! I mean....god...poor sparky! John will go all cold and distant....and we won't have our sparky fix........... it makes me want to cry......hell I am crying.....

......its just so not fair. Just because SG-1 is gone, it doesn't give the producers the right to muck up a perfectly good team dynamic....I mean I'm all for expanding Teyla's character and all but it's ELIZABETH we're talking about....

They shouldn't muck with a good thing!
                I want my sparky in season 4 and all seasons of Atlantis!
                I don't want my Atlantis to change!

.......sigh.....

......I need to go watch sparky music videos.........

....god, I hope this is nothing, I hope everything will be fine
                but I just have this feeling....
                especially with this...

Spoiler:
                But Elizabeth Weir is gravely concerned about the mission. Even if it is a great success, they will be starting a war -- a war against a very powerful enemy. And she will have to take drastic measures in order to save the city of Atlantis

This is so not good....
                Last edited by Anjirika; 24 October 2006, 03:42 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
                sigpic
                Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Anji - you're very late on this topic. It's just a rumour. Torri's gone back to L.A. for break in filming and she'll be back in Vancouver for season four.

Comment

That's the first time I've seen a poll where Sparky didn't do well, but a lot of people don't go to the Sony forum because it isn't moderated well and there is a lot of actor bashing, as well as flame wars. But its okay to visit to vote in a poll.
                    Sparky was winning at first but these things happen. All the things you said I think are big reasons why TPTB wouldn't use a poll like this to finally decide which way to go. Voting is one thing. Voting and backing it up (which both 'ships have been able to do) goes further I think. When they finally do decide which way to go (which I hope they do), I think they'll go Sparky. But that doesn't mean the Sheyla's haven't put up one heck of a fight. I may not ship Sheppard/Teyla, but I see the evidence that could be used for the argument.

Er, not sure what my point in this post was.

AL

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                      Anji - you're very late on this topic. It's just a rumour. Torri's gone back to L.A. for break in filming and she'll be back in Vancouver for season four.
                      *sigh of relief* Thank god! *sigh of relief*

And for being very late..... ... I'm kinda embarassed, but when I head the news I just freaked!

However, with the writers and their infanite wisdom, anything could happen....so I won't count my lucky stars until Atlantis is over (hopefully after 10 years)
                      Last edited by Anjirika; 24 October 2006, 05:02 PM. Reason: adding something
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey... if season 3 continues in November, this thread will be very close to a million views at that time! =D That makes it a double celebration! *lol*
                        sigpic

Comment

So I delurked in the Sheyla thread a few days ago. Met some incredibly nice people over there (Camy, green_eyed_lady, bluealien, LoveConquers, and jtjaforever (aka Cyn) to name a few).

As you know, we're all finding this six month hiatus quite the trial (a lot of us, anyway ). They've got a little thing going over at the Sheyla thread that I think would do us good here and those great people I mentioned before have encouraged me to promote the idea here.

They're having their John and Teyla Hiatus Party. From what they've told me and what I've been able to gather, Doxymom is their ring leader (her idea quite inspired, I think) and every week of the hiatus they have a different theme. This week is their Angst Week and everyone who wants to accepts the challenge and makes pics, or vids, or icons or fanfics or whatever in that theme all week. And I have to say, while I'm not a Shep/Teyla shipper, they've got some dang talented peeps over there as far as the pics are concerned. Can't bring myself to read the fics but I'm sure those are pretty great too if you're into that ship.

I think it's a great idea and with their encouragement I'd like to suggest it here, but obviously in the Shep/Weir arena. We've always got people posting new stuff, but maybe set challenges like these will help inspire us to fill our long wait until March with oodles of great stuff.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

AL

Comment

This is a shout out to all of you wonderful music video makers...... I was listening to Dana Glover's 'it is you i have loved' from shrek and I totally thought that it would make a great music video for our beloved sparky. I would make it, but I am totally useless when it comes to those things.....but I would love to see one of you talented people make a video out of it....
                            sigpic

Comment

lol, i was just listening to that yesterday and thought it'd suit them well also.
                              three's a crowd...
                              ahh thats better

aww cute.

I think people who don't watch Atlantis are crazy.
                              And I think people who don't watch Stargate SG-1 are equally as whacked.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                                Meh! I don't like to visit that forum, it's a paradise for all those Weir bashers, all the people that left GW because the mods were forcing them to be nice (and according to them oppressing them) feel right at home at those boards. I'd rather lose a poll than step a foot on that place.
                                I don't like that forum either. It's funny that they bash strong women. First Sam, now Elizabeth! I get angry over there.

To get on topic, John would never bash strong women. He loves them, one in particular!

Comment

Working...
                                X