Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronnikins
    *nods head vigorously*

Hear ye, Southern Red speaketh the truth.

We can have lots of fun (or not, depending on which rumour) speculating on what will happen in Season 3, but until we see with our own itty-bitty eyes then nothing is canon.
    So, using the yardstick of "less Sparky in spoilers/rumours" = "more Sparky in canon" and vice versa, then the predictions would be
    Spoiler:
    the "emotional support" John provides in "The Real World" would be nothing more than popping his head around the infirmary curtain and saying "still out cold huh?" before going to the canteen for a turkey sandwich. Which means all other episodes are full of Sparky since we've got NOTHING at all!
    Heh, I read that summary of The Real World and wondered what the reaction in here was like.
    Spoiler:
    I guess a little part of my brain is hoping that the fiancé mentioned in the summary is John. I'm so hopeless.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      Heh, I read that summary of The Real World and wondered what the reaction in here was like.
      Spoiler:
      I guess a little part of my brain is hoping that the fiancé mentioned in the summary is John. I'm so hopeless.
      Its probably
      Spoiler:
      Walter.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        Its probably
        Spoiler:
        Walter.

Spoiler:
        *gasp!* How awful! He can't die!

...though I'm sure he wouldn't object to being Elizabeth's fiancé, even in a whacked-out fantasy world.
        Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Hmm, on the spoilers for Sunday
          Spoiler:
          I missed the vague reference to a fiance and automatically inserted Simon, but it could be John. She imagines in her fantasy world that he's dead which sends her further around the bend. We get to see a whole montage of their life together while IRL he's holding her hand in the Atlanis infirmary. Then when she's back to normal they hit the big red reset button. Squeeworthy enough to inspire several hundred fics and vids, and then it all goes away. Makes as much sense as some other rumors I've heard. *coughTeylaflyingaspaceshipcough*
          No, I swear I did not get laughing gas at the dentist. *And yes I do still have all my teeth.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm not sure what to make of those spoilers about TRW. FP, I love the idea that
            Spoiler:
            Walter was her fiancee, but I think that might be too much for the audience to take in lol. In all seriousness, I think it might be possible the fiancee is John. It might tie in better with the "emotional support" spoiler as well. I really don't think it will be Simon. For one JM mentioned that Simon wasn't coming back (but we know how cyrptic he can be). Secondly, it would be more impacting if the person was form Atlantis, or the SG program at least to further alienate her from everything she has known fo rthe past two years. The fiancee might even be Daniel (ok so I do enjoy the Liz/Daniel dynamic as well ). If he were dead to her then that cuts off her opportnity to converse with the Gate "opener". About the only person we can rule out is Jack lol. Looks like he might be offering emotional support as well though.

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Hmm,

Spoiler:
              I figure its some Hunky New Comer that they never truely reveal his identity only as "the fiancee". Although you never know what could happen, just know it cant be Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicious_Fat_Guy
                Hmm,

Spoiler:
                I figure its some Hunky New Comer that they never truely reveal his identity only as "the fiancee". Although you never know what could happen, just know it cant be Jack.
                Hey, and welcome. As for TRW
                Spoiler:
                the fiance could still be Simon, but they just talk about him in the past tense. Also it would be interesting if when John is with Liz in Atlantis, she is seeing Jack in her imagination. OMG, here we go again with the wild speculation. Somebody stop us. *Maybe the fiance is Rodney. Or Ronon. No, Caldwell.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                  Hey, and welcome. As for TRW
                  Spoiler:
                  the fiance could still be Simon, but they just talk about him in the past tense. Also it would be interesting if when John is with Liz in Atlantis, she is seeing Jack in her imagination. OMG, here we go again with the wild speculation. Somebody stop us. *Maybe the fiance is Rodney. Or Ronon. No, Caldwell.
                  I like that one Red. I can see a scene now.
                  Spoiler:
                  John is sitting by Liz's bedside late at night holding her hand and slowly drawing her hand to his mouth for a kiss. Meanwhile, Liz imagines Jack doing the same by her bedside in Replicator world. That is very angsty and it gives the opportunity to press that Easy button you talked about, since Liz won't know that John was doing in reality. It may leave her with a Jack crush though lol

Royal
                  Last edited by Royal_Nonesuch; 12 July 2006, 12:04 PM.

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    Its probably
                    Spoiler:
                    Walter.

Guh! OMG, I am laughing so hard right now. That was not something I was expecting to pop up. FoolishPleasure, you have made my day at work!
                    Love Lorne | Sparky! | Open_Com

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                      I like that one Red. I can see a scene now.
                      Spoiler:
                      John is sitting by Liz's bedside lat eat night holding her hand and slowly holding her hand to his mouth. Meanwhile, Liz imagines Jack doing the same by her bedside in Replicator world. That is very angsty and it gives the opportunity to press that Easy button you talked about, since Liz won't know that John was doing in reality. It may leave her with a Jack crush though lol

Royal
                      Spoiler:
                      The spoilers say that Jack is only there because when she wakes up, she requests to speak with someone from the Air Force(SGC) so they send Jack to talk to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladefanatic
                        Guh! OMG, I am laughing so hard right now. That was not something I was expecting to pop up. FoolishPleasure, you have made my day at work!
                        Heck, maybe it would work better if
                        Spoiler:
                        her fiance turned out to be Kavanagh.

On second thought. . . .

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicious_Fat_Guy
                          Hmm,

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          In The Real World, the fiancee in talked about in the past tense, he is dead. So I don't think we will see him.

Comment

SR yes that was the line I was talking about. I'm bad, I can't stay away from the rumors, this time however I did not freak out. YAY me, I have learned something from the TLG fiasco.

Just though I'd throw this out there, in CM
                            Spoiler:
                            the writers removed a Teyla/Carson hug because they though it would undermine his relationship with Cadman and that the audience would take it as shippy

Info from irony_rocks, I'm really enjoying reading her shippy points for shep/weir and shep/teyla. Even though I don't agree with some of them.

http://irony-rocks.livejournal.com/21453.html

EDIT: I forget to put the link *headdesk*
                            Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 12 July 2006, 01:31 PM.
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle
                              SR yes that was the line I was talking about. I'm bad, I can't stay away from the rumors, this time however I did not freak out. YAY me, I have learned something from the TLG fiasco.

Just though I'd throw this out there, in CM
                              Spoiler:
                              the writers removed a Teyla/Carson hug because they though it would undermine his relationship with Cadman and that the audience would take it as shippy

Info from irony_rocks, I'm really enjoying reading her shippy points for shep/weir and shep/teyla. Even though I don't agree with some of them.

http://irony-rocks.livejournal.com/21453.html

EDIT: I forget to put the link *headdesk*
                              Well, at least they're aware that hugs can be shippy, right?
                              Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Elmindreda
                                I haven't seen the whole episode in a while, but when I first watched Allies, I remember....
                                Spoiler:
                                being irritated by the fact that Teyla didn't speak up more in the meeting, but then told John just moments later how uncomfortable she was with the situation and how many doubts she had. In my head (I couldn't do it for real, because my hubby would look at me like I was nuts!) I rolled my eyes and threw up my hands and talked to the TV, "Why couldn't you say that 5 minutes ago???!!"

I was also a bit non-plussed with the John/McKay/Ronon in peril/missing/presumed dead ending of the ep. Didn't we just see that? More than once this season? I know that they have to create some sort of dramatic tension for the cliffhanger, but these three guys have been in this situation too often for it to be a surprising plot twist or cliffhanger, IMO. Also, they are all listed in the opening credits! There's really not too much surprise or drama involved, since we already know they'll be back.

I actually liked the ep. overall, but these two moments stick out to me as points the writers could have handled better.
                                On your first point, that never even registered with me.
                                Spoiler:
                                I've been in a lot of meetings where someone made important & relevant comments to just one or 2 people outside of the main meeting.

As to the second
                                Spoiler:
                                To me the cliffhanger isn't whether they'll survive, which is a given, but how they pull it off and how they manage to keep the Wraith out of the Milky Way Galaxy. Unless there are unconfirmed rumors that an actor may or may not be leaving a show there really hasn't been a will ____ survive type cliffhanger since the first part of TNG's Best of Both Worlds, before mass Internet spoilers. Now the question is how they manage to survive, save the day and/or deal with the consequences, particularily in a situation like the death of a character when an actor actually does leave (Daniel's assention, Pru at the end of Charmed's Season 3, Jadzia at the end of DS9's Season 6 to name a few). Is the death avenged? ignored? character replaced by like/total opposite?
                                DDC

Comment

Working...
                                X