Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Fischer
    Hammond is giving the order and not Jack because Jack is not in command of the Atlantis expedition, Hammond is. Jack is only in charge of the SGC, Hammond is in charge of everything off world related.
    Thanks MF!

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
      Well there is a rumour [The Gift]
      Spoiler:
      That McKay gets a girlfriend and it is the base psychologist.
      Spoiler:
      I assume his girlfriend is this woman: http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1...s/1x7_04.shtml

How does a guy like McKay connect with a lovely woman like that?

Does the penlight remind anyone else of Dr. Frasier? Or am I getting sentimental?

(Or just mental?)

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
        Spoiler:
        I assume his girlfriend is this woman: http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1...s/1x7_04.shtml

How does a guy like McKay connect with a lovely woman like that?

Does the penlight remind anyone else of Dr. Frasier? Or am I getting sentimental?

(Or just mental?)
        No I also thought the same!

Comment

Found a good fic: http://sg-atlantis.org/fanfics/views...0eebc26785af39
          Rodney plays matchmaker

Comment

I'm a big Shep/Weir shipper...they just seem to have very good, subtle chemistry which caught my eye from the start. Plus, they are on the same level in terms of intellect and status, which is very important for any romance. Because they are both leaders, and do have some conflicting views, I think their relationship will always be a bit tumultous, and thus ultimately very exciting. I see real passion developing here.

I agree with those who have said that the Teyla/Shep ship was designed as a distraction...a bit of fun to keep our eyes off the Shep/Weir ship...but not for long!

The romantic (and uh, thrill-seeker) in me hopes TPTB will get to some good bits soon, but intellectualy I DO hope they will be careful (and slow) about developing this relationship.

Off-topic, I totally see the McKay crush on Weir and Teyla/Ford ship. Not sure where the T/F ship will go but TPTB DO seem to have SOMETHING up their sleeves!

Comment

McKay and Teyla belong together! Just like John and Liz.
              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

I am NOT seeing the Teyla/McKay ship but I'll check out that thread...

Comments regarding Shep's and Weir's ages on the show:

According to the office stargate site, Sheppard is supposed to be between 35 and 40 years old, and Weir is supposed to be 35.

I think it's weird that Shep is supposed to be older (doesn't make sense with Weir being more directly/overall in command), and he sure doesn't look older.

I'd say Shep looks 30 and Weir 35, maybe a tad older. She actually looks a fair deal like my mom, who also has aged poorly (please, don't kill me mom!). It's definitely the thin thing. Thin women don't have enough fat on their face to fill out the wrinkles. In particular you can clearly see the furrows on Weir's upper lip. Poor woman. I STILL think she's gorgeous though and would gladly spend some private time with both her and Shep.

*runs away to put wrinkle cream on her own thin face*

Comment

I know I don't spend as much time in the forums as I'd like, but it's taken me shockingly long to find this thread!

Torri's badge at the con in the UK *raises hand and beams* Jenny made them, and then made me give them to her (and also Peter DeLuise and Martin Wood, the former of which, we have great pictures of him holding up the badges *g*)

As well as the "So Doing It" ones, she also got one with "Sheppard/Weir: Saving the Galaxy and Looking Good Doing It". I don't know if she got one with a puddle jumper with "not the only ship in season one" but she would have seen it at least *bg*

(And if you don't realise what it is, I'm not going to be the one to tell you... *whistles innocently*)

We like Shep/Weir in storage closets together. And after that weekend, Torri approved of them too. *bg* I asked her how many of them Sheppard and Weir had visited, and she replied with

"I think it was episode eight and they think that they only have a few hours to live. So they all start shagging each other. I think Weir and Sheppard went into the cupboard about five or six times in that episode. But Beckett and McKay… they went in about eleven times."

(Jenny was also responsible for introducing her to the Beckett/McKay love! *g*)

We died on the Sunday when Martin Wood informed us that Weir's office had orginally been a storage closet!! *dies at the memory of the screams* Torri was like "Don't get them started"

Um, Jenny, Smish and I were talking to Torri again on the Sunday night... she mentioned how it was the conflict which drew viewers and I pointed out that the making up was great too *g* Then she suggested that maybe they should have a drunken snog, then be really awkward around each other for the next few weeks/months.

With the conversations going back to the storage closets (via explaining why "Love Shack" was her song; because after all, isn't a storage cupboard just another love shack? *g*), she then promised that next season when she and Joe exited a transporter, she'd adjust her clothing (and actually indicated to us by adjusting her shirt around the breast area!)

*dies*

So... yeah... Torri has totally been introduced to the ship *bg*

And we also tossed some non-subtle hints to Martin and Peter, so *crosses fingers*
                  It's All Teryl's Fault!

"To every story there is an end. And a beginning."
                  Stargate SG-1: Chrysalis
                  Virtual Season 7.5

Comment

Yeah! Torri is a shipper now We are contagious

Comment

Melyanna --

Your fanfic was AMAZING! I was truly blown away -- your story described things exactly as I would have imagined them. Very, very well done!

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                        I'm a big Shep/Weir shipper...they just seem to have very good, subtle chemistry which caught my eye from the start. Plus, they are on the same level in terms of intellect and status, which is very important for any romance. Because they are both leaders, and do have some conflicting views, I think their relationship will always be a bit tumultous, and thus ultimately very exciting. I see real passion developing here.

I agree with those who have said that the Teyla/Shep ship was designed as a distraction...a bit of fun to keep our eyes off the Shep/Weir ship...but not for long!

The romantic (and uh, thrill-seeker) in me hopes TPTB will get to some good bits soon, but intellectualy I DO hope they will be careful (and slow) about developing this relationship.

Off-topic, I totally see the McKay crush on Weir and Teyla/Ford ship. Not sure where the T/F ship will go but TPTB DO seem to have SOMETHING up their sleeves!
                        Yay Fair Nymph, you made it to the thread.. .welcome..

I agree with all your points. It's fun to speculate and play with this ship in fanfic and on threads like these, but I do hope that in "reality" (whatever the hell that means ), PTB develop it really slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicki
                          I know I don't spend as much time in the forums as I'd like, but it's taken me shockingly long to find this thread!

Torri's badge at the con in the UK *raises hand and beams* Jenny made them, and then made me give them to her (and also Peter DeLuise and Martin Wood, the former of which, we have great pictures of him holding up the badges *g*)

As well as the "So Doing It" ones, she also got one with "Sheppard/Weir: Saving the Galaxy and Looking Good Doing It". I don't know if she got one with a puddle jumper with "not the only ship in season one" but she would have seen it at least *bg*

(And if you don't realise what it is, I'm not going to be the one to tell you... *whistles innocently*)

We like Shep/Weir in storage closets together. And after that weekend, Torri approved of them too. *bg* I asked her how many of them Sheppard and Weir had visited, and she replied with

"I think it was episode eight and they think that they only have a few hours to live. So they all start shagging each other. I think Weir and Sheppard went into the cupboard about five or six times in that episode. But Beckett and McKay… they went in about eleven times."

(Jenny was also responsible for introducing her to the Beckett/McKay love! *g*)

We died on the Sunday when Martin Wood informed us that Weir's office had orginally been a storage closet!! *dies at the memory of the screams* Torri was like "Don't get them started"

Um, Jenny, Smish and I were talking to Torri again on the Sunday night... she mentioned how it was the conflict which drew viewers and I pointed out that the making up was great too *g* Then she suggested that maybe they should have a drunken snog, then be really awkward around each other for the next few weeks/months.

With the conversations going back to the storage closets (via explaining why "Love Shack" was her song; because after all, isn't a storage cupboard just another love shack? *g*), she then promised that next season when she and Joe exited a transporter, she'd adjust her clothing (and actually indicated to us by adjusting her shirt around the breast area!)

*dies*

So... yeah... Torri has totally been introduced to the ship *bg*

And we also tossed some non-subtle hints to Martin and Peter, so *crosses fingers*
                          Oh boy! Thanks Vicki. I did see you in another thread and was going to Pm you and tell you about this one, but I got distracted (probably by the thunk thread)

Actually I really like the idea of the drunken snog and awkwardness. That reminds me of that episode of DS9, where Lwaxana Troi visits, and everybody starts getting off with other people, including Julian and Kira (who I thought wre "doing it" in DS9, only to be slagged off by my friends when they were doing it in real life.)

*sigh*

And "Before I Sleep" sounded awesome!!!

Comment

We told her that we liked the sound of the drunken snogs - clearly!!! We can always live in hope... who knows what sort of strange drinks there are in the Pegasus galaxy?!

I'm currently watching "Before I Sleep" come to me on my computer at faaar too slow a rate... but it's nearly done! Wooo hooo!
                            It's All Teryl's Fault!

"To every story there is an end. And a beginning."
                            Stargate SG-1: Chrysalis
                            Virtual Season 7.5

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                              BTW..there's no regs keeping John and Elizabeth apart, is there?
                              I don't think there are any regs that apply. The Atlantis expedition is led by a civilian and it's a scientific research thing that just happens to have the help of the military. But I think it still remains a civilian endeavour. It's not a military command thus military rules wouldn't apply between an USAF major and a civvie.

Comment

Well, in the sense that it's related to the Stargate, it is a military venture. It just happens to be led by a civilian, and that civilian does report to the military (specifically, General Hammond). However, while there is mention in the Air Force regs about officers in relationships with civilian contractors working under them, there's nothing about officers in relationships with civilians working over them. But the regs also state that officers should act responsibly about any relationships they're in, and I think John and Elizabeth both would take that to mean discretion. If TPTB do choose to pursue this, I'd imagine that the most ship-filled scenes we'd get would be very private, and that there would be few hints to those who don't know they're involved that they are involved.

By the way, I watched "Before I Sleep" today — what an episode. I'll have a summary and caps up sometime in the near future. It really was incredible.
                                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                                Last update: 14 April 2006
                                Melyanna's Multimedia
                                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X