Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lady Lethe
    About the time when it reached my favorite scene (you know, when John and Liz are reunited and there's threats, and shooting, and hand holding ) my roomate turned on her blow dryer! I just about freaked out, but then I realized how strange it would appear if I suddenly went ballistic and tore her appliance out of the wall.
    Once when i was fourteen i turned the power off of my entire house, because my baby brother wouldn't let me watch 21 Jump Street. I really, *really*, *REALLY* liked Johnny Depp (as a matter of fact i still find that man extremely sexy ).
    Originally posted by Ronnikins
    It has reached the stage where I'm dreaming up ridiculous scenarios like the above during my spare time and sometimes resenting RL getting in the way.
    Why is this? There are plenty of TV shows out there with more potential pairings, why does this one stand out from the rest? Thoughts anyone?
    You tell me, the other day i was daydreaming about them during class, my calculus teacher caught me, and quized me, lol.
    To me the problem with the other t.v shows is that they're too easy, i could watch the O.C and ship any pairing, and i know that in that kind of t.v shows everyone ends up sleeping with everyone, eventually. So i could get RST pretty easily.
    But even though i like the prospect, and to be a shipper for any pairing i need a possibility no matter how slight. Even if i know that the ship is not going to be cannon, i just need to know that under different circumstances, maybe in a paralel universe those two people could've had as shot. The only obstacle that cannot be sorted to me is death, which is why i don't ship Daniel/Janet, i just need my couple to be alive.
    Were was i?, yeah, possibility, right . Even thought i need a possibility (i.e both subjects being alive), when RST is too certain, when i know for sure that there is going to be a resolution, i lose enthusiasm. It's weird, i used to ship for Clark/Lana, and i absolutely loved that pairing, but as soon as i sensed that tptb were going to resolve that ship, i started to loath them, and i developed this intense hatred for the characters. And now the few times i've tried watching the show, i can't take it, because the mere sight of any scene that feels remotely shippy between the two of them makes me ill.
    The same happened to me with Mulder and Scully, i loved the UST, but their kisses make me go bleh!, lol.
    So i guess i don't like easy RST, so i don't go for ships if i sense they're going to be solved quickly, ala DH, or OC, or 90210. Or maybe i just don't like RST at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
      Just been over into the JFT and someone posted a cap from 'Hot Zone' and noticed that Joe was still wearing his wedding ring in the scene.

Here's the cap
      Spoiler:

It got me wondering... If John and Elizabeth were to marry, (and everyone being aware of this fact - regulations aside ) would John openly wear it while on duty? Or would he be the type of person to, maybe, put them on his dogtags out of the way somewhere?
      I like to imagine that he'd wear it openly but then again, a part of me thinks that maybe he would hide it away. Maybe incase they were captured and he didn't want people to know he has a weakness...

Just a thought. A totally random thought mind you, but a thought none the less.
      According to the many soldiers I write too (yes my life is full of scary stuff as I have six friends in the military) you do not wear wedding rings...etc... when you are doing any type of a mission. The only thing you should have on is your dog tags and what ever is required for the mission.

Hmm....love the whole plot bunny running through my head about Elizabeth and John being married!
      Love Lorne | Sparky! | Open_Com

Comment

OMG they showed a preview for SGA I don't know what they were talking about because I was squeeing. Elizabeth has long hair and she looks hot.
        sigpic
        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Long hair? Does she still have her curls? Liz isn't liz without her curls.
          Does this need spoiler tags by any chance? sorry if it does...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle
            OMG they showed a preview for SGA I don't know what they were talking about because I was squeeing. Elizabeth has long hair and she looks hot.
            For season three?!?!
            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
              For season three?!?!
              YES OMG I'm to excited *calms down* Torri was talking about how she got to work with
              Spoiler:
              beau bridges

I don't know what Rachell was talking about sorry
              David I have no idea
              Joe was
              Spoiler:
              all I'm still alive
              wasn't sure if it was a spoiler.

She still has curls.

Edited for spoilers
              Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 03 April 2006, 06:15 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

OH COME ON! I stop watching sci fi mondays and first I miss the preview of second half of second season and TLG preview and now this???? This sucks!
                But OMG Liz with long hair??? YAAY!
                can i post it in Torri/Liz thread???

Comment

YES OMG I'm to excited *calms down* Torri was talking about how she got to work with beau bridges
                  I don't know what Rachell was talking about sorry
                  David I have no idea
                  Joe was all I'm still alive

She still has curls.
                  EEEEE! I've got a tape ready - where did it come in the broadcast?

Comment

Sure spread the love.

It was after the Divide and Conquer episode. See I don't watch SG1 but I was avoiding writting my paper and though might as well watch.
                    sigpic

Comment

Guys, I know it's exciting, but please remember to use spoiler tags on some of this stuff. Elizabeth's hair wouldn't need it, but other things that have been mentioned probably should.

Anyway, Pegasus Galaxy usually gets commercials and such up there at some point, so check out that site to see if you can download it.
                      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                      Last update: 14 April 2006
                      Melyanna's Multimedia
                      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Sure spread the love.

It was after the Divide and Conquer episode. See I don't watch SG1 but I was avoiding writting my paper and though might as well watch.
                        Perfect! Should be on in a couple of hours for me, then! I have a tape going, and a video capture card... if the recording is successful, I'll post a link to the video for everyone.

Oooh, and there's good SG-1 eps tonight, at that...

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                          Perfect! Should be on in a couple of hours for me, then! I have a tape going, and a video capture card... if the recording is successful, I'll post a link to the video for everyone.

Oooh, and there's good SG-1 eps tonight, at that...
                          I go off to study for 3 hours and end up missing exciting things, lol. Yeah that'd be terrific if you manage to get it. I'd love to see it

EDIT: And that makes 300

Comment

Maybe I should rephrase what I mean by a preview, is not what I think most of you are thinking. Basically it just showed the actors talking very briefly about season 3. Sorry to get your guys hopes up but I will really take anything right about now. I'm in SGA withdrawl here.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                              You betcha. You just fit right in here don't you. Maybe we can sneak Nurse John over for a brief visit if Elizabeth says it's ok.
                              Head Nurse Elizabeth lets Nurse John do his magic...uh, therapy? I wouldn't if I were her!
                              SGA: the 3-season show...

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Lethe
                                So "The Eye" was on here in the States on Saturday. I was so excited, which is kind of pathetic because I've seen it before....more than once. So I switched on the T.V. and started watching.

About the time when it reached my favorite scene (you know, when John and Liz are reunited and there's threats, and shooting, and hand holding ) my roomate turned on her blow dryer! I just about freaked out, but then I realized how strange it would appear if I suddenly went ballistic and tore her appliance out of the wall. So I settled for pressing my face closer to the screen and lip reading.

*Sigh* I guess that's the life of a college student.
                                Try closed captioning. At least you can read what they're saying. Although lip reading has its advantages!
                                And on that topic but completely OT for this thread, I did cc for the ep where Rodney takes too much Wraith!Crack (can you tell I've been reading Pooh's work?) and is talking to himself while standing at the DHD. If you haven't done that, you should. He's even funnier when you know what he's saying.
                                OK, back OT. Sparky is the best, isn't it? And did anyone catch Ben Browder and Claudia Black talking about shipping and Stargate tonight between SG1 eps? Hoping, hoping to see more Sparky!
                                SGA: the 3-season show...

Comment

Working...
                                X