Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red
    I hear Nurse Kavanaugh is available Have a mint instead.
    *shudder* As a fellow hopeless romantic, Murse Kavanaugh is not a good idea. Carson or Ronon definitely, Zalenka, McKay... maybe. But not Kanaugh.

Wouldn't mind Peter Grodin, but...

Comment

Just popping in to say a big Welcome to all the newbies we've had. Hope you enjoy your time on the thread.

Beware of the mints.

Right...work and RL have reared their ugly heads...I'd better get back to them. *grumble*

Moo
      Last edited by Major_Moomin; 03 April 2006, 02:48 AM.
      hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Welcome to all Newbies.... welcome to the craziness!!!!!
        ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          For those interested in polls, and who dare to venture to the Sony forum:

Favorite SGA couple:

http://boards.sonypictures.com/board...ad.php?t=22518
          *wonders if Sheyla's will try the old 'Vote,Refresh,Vote again' tactic.*

Mwehehe

Spanky Rules...No really it does, the poll said...so meh.
          hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
            *wonders if Sheyla's will try the old 'Vote,Refresh,Vote again' tactic.*

Mwehehe

Spanky Rules...No really it does, the poll said...so meh.
            awww... i cant vote!!!!! gah!!!!

oh WELL!!!!!! SPARKY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
              awww... i cant vote!!!!! gah!!!!

oh WELL!!!!!! SPARKY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              I think you have to register to vote. I don't like spam in my inbox thankyou very much!

There's probably about 5 people voting for Shep/Teyla... again and again and again and ag... *las*
              hh

Comment

Just been over into the JFT and someone posted a cap from 'Hot Zone' and noticed that Joe was still wearing his wedding ring in the scene.

Here's the cap
                Spoiler:

It got me wondering... If John and Elizabeth were to marry, (and everyone being aware of this fact - regulations aside ) would John openly wear it while on duty? Or would he be the type of person to, maybe, put them on his dogtags out of the way somewhere?
                I like to imagine that he'd wear it openly but then again, a part of me thinks that maybe he would hide it away. Maybe incase they were captured and he didn't want people to know he has a weakness...

Just a thought. A totally random thought mind you, but a thought none the less.
                hh

Comment

Just been over into the JFT and someone posted a cap from 'Hot Zone' and noticed that Joe was still wearing his wedding ring in the scene.

Here's the cap
                  Spoiler:

It got me wondering... If John and Elizabeth were to marry, (and everyone being aware of this fact - regulations aside ) would John openly wear it while on duty? Or would he be the type of person to, maybe, put them on his dogtags out of the way somewhere?
                  I like to imagine that he'd wear it openly but then again, a part of me thinks that maybe he would hide it away. Maybe incase they were captured and he didn't want people to know he has a weakness...

I think he'd wear it openly. It would probably be a relief to JF who now would not have to remember to take his off. Hey, reason enough to get them together. We'll take anything we can get.

As for the poll. I signed up over there just to vote. *shudder* But I have a great spam filter and just empty the box without looking. *shudder again* I don't think you can vote more than once unless you sign up as different people which would be way too sockish for the Sparky nation. All these polls seem to go the same way lately. Majority for Spanky, next most for Sparky, about an equal number who could care less and a few for Sheyla.

Originally posted by Ronnikins
                  Just read Zero Point Snark by MSPooh and you'll have a pretty good idea what we're dealing with. *shakes head*. The symptoms and likely treatment have been outlined in my medical bulletins but you want to know the truth? I don't think they want to be cured or to keep the symptoms under control. They just want Nurse John to tend to their needs.
                  Sadly no, I can't send him over. Southern Red will chuck me out of the thread. Maybe Head Nurse Elizabeth will be more suitable for the Torri-itis clinic.
                  ITA, Doc. This is a syndrome that needs no cure. And you gift me with way too much power. I'm just a feeble old lady. I won't even hit you with my cane. But Nurse John is such a nice boy. He's always kind to seasoned citizens.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Here's the cap
                    Spoiler:

He'd take it off while off-world, at the least. One doesn't go on a mission wearing any kind of sentimental jewelry or something that can identify a loved one. I think there may actually be a rule about this. Aside from the possibility of losing it somewhere, it'd be possible for someone to conjecture from it that it represents something important to him, and perhaps someone important to him. Around the city, though, I think he'd wear it openly. Elizabeth would too.
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Here's the cap
                      Spoiler:

I like to think that he would openly wear it all the time. But I actually think he would take it off when not in Atlantis. They take off their patches
                      Spoiler:
                      even before they hid Atlantis
                      so he would definately take the ring off. Wonder what Elizabeth would think of that...?

Spoiler:
                      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Hey, reason enough to get them together. We'll take anything we can get.
                        Amen.

Originally posted by Melyanna
                        He'd take it off while off-world, at the least. One doesn't go on a mission wearing any kind of sentimental jewelry or something that can identify a loved one. I think there may actually be a rule about this. Aside from the possibility of losing it somewhere, it'd be possible for someone to conjecture from it that it represents something important to him, and perhaps someone important to him. Around the city, though, I think he'd wear it openly. Elizabeth would too.
                        The larger part of me thought the same, although I still like the idea of him carrying it on his DogTags...

I like to think that he'd do something sentimental like give it to her before a dangerous mission and take it back once he returned home. Like a promise to her and that he has a reason to come back, that he'll always come back. And that she has something of him with her always.

...I'm getting too mushy.
                        Last edited by Major_Moomin; 03 April 2006, 08:01 AM.
                        hh

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                          I like to think that he would openly wear it all the time. But I actually think he would take it off when not in Atlantis. They take off their patches
                          Spoiler:
                          even before they hid Atlantis
                          so he would definately take the ring off. Wonder what Elizabeth would think of that...?
                          I think she'd understand. I think she'd probably do the same thing.
                          hh

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
                            Just read Zero Point Snark by MSPooh and you'll have a pretty good idea what we're dealing with. *shakes head*. The symptoms and likely treatment have been outlined in my medical bulletins but you want to know the truth? I don't think they want to be cured or to keep the symptoms under control. They just want Nurse John to tend to their needs.
                            Sadly no, I can't send him over. Southern Red will chuck me out of the thread. Maybe Head Nurse Elizabeth will be more suitable for the Torri-itis clinic.
                            Hmmm... I'm beginning to see the extent of the condition. I will set up the paperwork for Head Nurse Elizabeth to visit the Torri-itis clinic. On the other hand... having Head Nurse Elizabeth and Nurse John both located at your clinic may better keep your patients under control. I hear you have an impressive stockpile of medicines in your innumerable storage closets. Oh gosh, Dr. Ron, I believe the proximity to your clinic has me coming down with something...

I'm just a feeble old lady. I won't even hit you with my cane.
                            My goodness, Dr. Ron. Your patients have weapons?! :O *Nurse John to room 131 stat! Southern Red is out of control!*
                            xoxo
                            Geeky Dollie

http://www.lizziewear.ca ~*~ UPDATED: July 1, 2006

Comment

<edited>
                              It's probably time to stop the comments on other shippers.

The larger part of me thought the same, although I still like the idea of him carrying it on his DogTags...

I like to think that he'd do something sentimental like give it to her before a dangerous mission and take it back once he returned home. Like a promise to her and that he has a reason to come back, that he'll always come back. And that she has something of him with her always.

...I'm getting too mushy.
                              Heh, as soon as I read your first post on the subject, I came up with a scene where he starts to leave her office, but she stops him and holds her hand out so he can give her his wedding ring. I'll blame the mushiness on not having slept well. Though I imagine it'd be a matter of practicality too. If he gives Elizabeth his wedding ring before leaving the city, there's little question of where it'd be. Of course, I also think that Elizabeth would remove hers before leaving the city, unless she were going to Earth, I suppose. Same goes for John.
                              Last edited by Melyanna; 03 April 2006, 08:13 AM.
                              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                              Last update: 14 April 2006
                              Melyanna's Multimedia
                              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                                It's probably time to stop the comments on other shippers.
                                My apologies. I deleted that part from my post.

Heh, as soon as I read your first post on the subject, I came up with a scene where he starts to leave her office, but she stops him and holds her hand out so he can give her his wedding ring. I'll blame the mushiness on not having slept well. Though I imagine it'd be a matter of practicality too. If he gives Elizabeth his wedding ring before leaving the city, there's little question of where it'd be. Of course, I also think that Elizabeth would remove hers before leaving the city, unless she were going to Earth, I suppose. Same goes for John.
                                I can see it now. Tapping her foot impatiently waiting for him to hand it over.
                                I can picture him losing it too *lol* Turning the whole place upside down, while trying to hide his left hand from Elizabeth's sight.
                                Last edited by Major_Moomin; 03 April 2006, 08:25 AM.
                                hh

Comment

Working...
                                X