Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wizengamot
    Wait, more Pacific Rim!?! HOLDING YOU TO THAT!
    Well, right now it's just a blank page, but... I'm getting there in my head.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
      I thought someone said they were taking out the cave scene from rising part 1? I'm sad they took out the 2nd scene with Shepp and Jack in the chopper.

Also, anyone notice how Sheppard's voice has changed? He had this really wierd drall-ish thing in the first couple episodes but it seems to be gone now. It was kinda little kidish...
      When they reaired Rising during the midseason hiatus, the cave scene was cut, which was a bizarre move, given the fact that it actually has quite a lot to do with the plot in a later episode.

As for Sheppard's voice, it's not at all uncommon for actors to be initially playing something with an accent and later dropping it. For the first few episodes that Abbey and Zoey Bartlet appeared in The West Wing, they both had accents that were vaguely Southern. By the end of the season, they'd dropped the accents.
      Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
        Mel, just a little thing but that quote you used was actually from Kazan. I only wished I was that articulate.
        ...yeah. I'm not awake.
        Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

But she's not from a primitive culture right, I mean not like some of the cultures in the Milky Way? She had that nifty little firestarter and her people use the stargate quite frequently. There was an city of some sort on Athos, it didn't necessarily have to be Ancient, it could have been her people's only it was destroyed by the Wraith.
          Hmm. I guess I didn't mean primitive so much as I meant considerably further behind Earth. Had her people been within a century of Earth, things would have seemed more equal.
          Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Wow I got to sleep for a couple hours and I need to catch up on four pages!

I will apologize beforehand for any responses and typos that don't make any sense.

First off, a big welcome to Oma and Tamian. If i missed someone. Sorry and welcome!

*now off to catch up on the thread*
            ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
              Hmm. I guess I didn't mean primitive so much as I meant considerably further behind Earth. Had her people been within a century of Earth, things would have seemed more equal.
              Like the Genii?

Sheppard's twang disappeared? I didn't notice. Bad fan! My punishment must watch latter half of season 1... wait, is it a punishment if you're happy to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa
                So thanks to my cat and some very disturbing dreams featuring the SGA cast and parts from the movie Sin City I was once again up at 5:45 - much too early for a Saturday when I'd planned to sleep 'til nine. I my first stop (after oatmeal) is here... I have issues.
                I was going to watch Sin City last night, but I ended up watching Kung Fu Hustle and just laughing my bum off....but the only weird dream I ended up with was seeing my English Professor show up and all of a sudden she was a Medical Doctor...

A good friend of mine was talking to me yesterday about how concerned she was that she didn't see eye to eye with her quasi-boyfriend on politics. And being obsessed like I am, I immediately started to draw Shep/Weir parallels. I reassured her that the ability to have an intelligent debate and discuss disagreements is important in any relationship - just think how superficial the relationship between Shep and Weir would be if their viewpoints didn't differ!
                It would have been very boring and unrealisitc.

Oh, and any suggestions for fanfic to read? I've pretty much devoured everything on ff.net, and I need some way to fill those long weeks 'til July.
                My, my, you guys read through all the fics fast! Faster then we can churn out!
                ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
                  Yeah I know what yo mean about leaving threads on other ship pairings because they got silly fluffy & off topic...

*has a funny feeling a lot of people in this thread did the same thing with the same thread* but we won't go there...
                  Not going to go there.

I guess the varied ages and nationalities and genders (well sorta anywayz, that ones a bit one sided) make for interesting discussion. and I think it also helps that a lot of people in here write fan fic (and decent fan fic too) which means they already analyse the characters in their heads, therefore discussing them becomes more easy...
                  That's right. I don't know why that never occured to me before. And we all tend to analyze everything about characters even their little actions. I guess thats what makes it fun.
                  ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa
                    Okay, random thought, but I was just wondering why it is that this ship developed as "Shep/Weir" rather than "John/Elizabeth"? After all, it's "Sam/Jack" and not "Carter/O'Neill". But then, I suppose even if on SG-1 they rarely use each other's first names, we at least hear other characters (like Daniel) refer to them as such, whereas on Atlantis, Weir's rarely referred to as "Elizabeth" by anyone but Sheppard and McKay, and Sheppard's pretty much only called "John" by Weir. I guess it just seemed strange to me that the ship with overt military implications was on a first name basis while the one involving a civilian was called by surnames.

Does that make sense? I could just be loopy from lack of sleep.
                    I've actually gotten used to calling them John and Elizabeth, since I've started writing fics...but I guess I just stick to the Sheppard and Weir names since everyone else does.

I think Angel has a point. From the first time watching the episdoes I didn't notice them addressing each other by their first names until later. I'm not sayin they didn't address each other by their first names. Since we know that Weir called Sheppard John in the end of "Rising". I guess what I'm trying to say is Sheppard and Weir were heard more often that we just started with Sheppard and Weir, while John and Elizabeth came along eventually.
                    ~Athena

Comment

Hi, guys!! I haven't been on in a while and now im kicking myself. Really hard, too, and maybe i should stop or ill have bruises on my shins tommorrow...

Anyway, I watched Rising again on Friday and it was great! I look at everything with a shippy perspective now. But, I thought it was kinda weird how Shep seemed pretty unfazed when he found out about the Stargate. Yeah, he did a little bit, but usually people react a bit more. By the time he got to Atlantis he acted like he met aliens every day, almost.

Also, I love the way Weir and Shep interact in Rising. He seems to do alot of smirking and even she smiles alot. Of course, when Atlantis started i kind of went into it looking for a Jack/Sam type thing. I never really realized how shippy i am.

Well, ive promised myself to be more involved now. I don't think I can take much more kicking.
                      Stargate Addicts - a podcast for the obsessive Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis fan
                      My new podcast with Merala Anewan, come check it out. It'll make us happy.

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

Lovely sig by Blue Banrigh, thanks again. As for Atlantis X-Treme, that came from my own loopy mind.

Comment

But she's not from a primitive culture right, I mean not like some of the cultures in the Milky Way? She had that nifty little firestarter and her people use the stargate quite frequently.
                        I was actually thinking about that! I was sondering, since they do have that way cool fiery thingy magigey, why don't they have other technological advnaces? I mean, unless I'm forgetting something, that is really all we have seen. Otherwards they kinda remind me of the Abydonians (sp?) (post-movie)
                        Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by La'rosh
                          Hi, guys!! I haven't been on in a while and now im kicking myself. Really hard, too, and maybe i should stop or ill have bruises on my shins tommorrow...
                          It's been a while since we last heard from you.

Anyway, I watched Rising again on Friday and it was great! I look at everything with a shippy perspective now. But, I thought it was kinda weird how Shep seemed pretty unfazed when he found out about the Stargate. Yeah, he did a little bit, but usually people react a bit more. By the time he got to Atlantis he acted like he met aliens every day, almost.
                          I always thought Shep seemed 'unfazed,' because He was still sort of shocked of nearly being shot of of the sky by an Ancient missile. Then he comes down to a alien looking outpost. I guess by the time Carson tells him about the Stargate, he's thinking...'okay what's next?'....then of course the 'mutant gene' comes along.
                          ~Athena

Comment

Just finished reading "The Crossroads of Eshu"... Wheee so good! Thank you to Mel and to all you other lovely fic writers who keep poor slobs like me in the happy! All together now - let's chant. We love fic. We love fic.

Well now that I've finished my Sam/Jack; Shep/Weir fix for the morning, I suppose I really have to go work on my thesis now; especially if I actually intend to defend in July. Why am I getting a Master's again? And why am I writing about the National Park Service? Couldn't I have picked a topic that required copious amounts of TV-watching, especially of the sci-fi variety?

Therefore, I'm cutting myself off from GW until tonight (hey, I know better than to try staying away for longer than that, now that I've gotten started!).
                            ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                            The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                              It's been a while since we last heard from you.
                              Yeah, well, my parents think I spend too much time staring at a computer screen. Grr.
                              Stargate Addicts - a podcast for the obsessive Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis fan
                              My new podcast with Merala Anewan, come check it out. It'll make us happy.

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

Lovely sig by Blue Banrigh, thanks again. As for Atlantis X-Treme, that came from my own loopy mind.

Comment

Originally posted by La'rosh
                                Yeah, well, my parents think I spend too much time staring at a computer screen. Grr.
                                My parents say that too...but I just ignore them. Heck I work all day. Coming home and coming to GW is a great stress reliever.
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X