Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
    hehe!!!! that is sooo funny... there is a girl at my school... Lisabeth Weir... and she is a huge stargate atlantis fan!!!! lol...
    LOL ! A Elizabeth Weir and Atlantis fan !!!! LOL !
    Do you have a John Sheppard too ???

Comment

Just mentioned this to Lexa... so...

The day I had the operation on my shoulder was the night The Defiant One aired on terrestrial for the first time. Coming round from the anaesthetic, full of morphine, I slurred to the nurse, "'m I gonna be awake in time for Elizabeth?" She asked if Elizabeth was my friend, and I said "sort of". But you all know who I meant! And I was awake in time. ^_^ Commandeered the TV room on the ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
        Just read the latest of Revelation; t'was enjoyable. Knowing that it's almost done, the obvious question is will there be another story, but I'm not gonna ask that.
        Oh, don't you worry, MF's already taken care of that. Admittedly, it's more centered on one of the minor West Wing characters (Ellie Bartlet, the President's middle daughter), but as with everything in this crossover, I'm sure it'll have a Shep/Weir twist to it.
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Bought Reliquary this morning, just finished reading it. I like! Especially the bit where John
          Spoiler:
          flips out on Bates for leaving Elizabeth alone with only Simpson to protect her...

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
            Bought Reliquary this morning, just finished reading it. I like! Especially the bit where John
            Spoiler:
            flips out on Bates for leaving Elizabeth alone with only Simpson to protect her...
            Just read a bunch of your fics. I have to pass the quickie Queen title to you. I bow before your superior ability. Especially loved "Undying" and "Unwarranted Addiction". The explanation for his Kirking in the last one works for me.

Now I have a Special report to Dr. Ron re patient SR: Nurse John arrived on time for his scheduled appt. this AM, cheerful as usual and willing to share his Starbuck’s coffee. He had, however, forgotten the sponges for the scheduled sponge bath. No worries. I came up with an alternative. As a sidenote, I will never again complain about the large tub in the master bath which had heretofore gone unused. He was very helpful in volunteering to clean the tub after our session. I supervised from the doorway and have to report that he did a very thorough job. I find it necessary at this point to apologize for making him late for his next appointment. One request if I may for next time. Can he wear his gunbelt? Slung low? And just one tiny thing. Can someone discretely tell Nurse John that my first name is not Elizabeth. Thanks from a satisfied customer.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
              Just read a bunch of your fics. I have to pass the quickie Queen title to you. I bow before your superior ability. Especially loved "Undying" and "Unwarranted Addiction". The explanation for his Kirking in the last one works for me.
              Thanks! I'm so glad you like! Undying is one of my favourite of my own stories. Before I Sleep spawned so many plot bunnies for me. And Unwarranted Addiction was my very first decent-length Atlantis fic.

Comment

Agreed. I've passed that point with CSI's Grissom/Sara relationship... I just don't care anymore, they've been dragging it out for 6 years!
                Exactly. At some point, it becomes more interesting to spend some time on a couple 'dealing' with their changing relationship rather than constantly avoiding the idea of it. Build-up is only a portion of the fun and the facing up to the possibilities can be equally fun and exciting if done correctly. And in a series like this with all of it's external pressures and job responsibilities, it would seem rather tailor-made for a slow growth relationship to manifest and play out in context.

Now, I'm off to show my support to the 'Say YES! to Kirking!' thread. Nothin like a pro-bimbo thread to excite me!

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                  Now, I'm off to show my support to the 'Say YES! to Kirking!' thread. Nothin like a pro-bimbo thread to excite me!

I pray you're being sarcastic.

Comment

I pray you're being sarcastic.
                    Hey! Bimbos need love too!

I'm hopeful they make an extra special smilie for the 'Prom Queen'! I'll be among the first to use it!

Comment

I'm hopeful they make an extra special smilie for the 'Prom Queen'! I'll be among the first to use it!
                      You implying Vala is? I luff Vala. But Chaya, her I can't stand.

Anyway, this is OT, so...

Comment

Hey! Bimbos need love too!

Speaking of assorted bimbos, has anyone else noticed that Elizabeth is the only woman in John's life over the last two years who has not deceived him? Chaya worked her little ancient spell on him. Teer
                        Spoiler:
                        used that story about him being the one to get in his pants, withheld all kinds of info that would have been helpful while keeping him as a love slave. OK only a slight exaggeration, but you get the idea. Mara wanted to use him as a stud. That stupid little wraith worshipper had her own agenda. Narina doesn't even count. Teyla has all sorts of secrets with Ronon. She even told him it's OK sometimes to disobey orders. Who do you think Shep will blame if that comes back to bite them? Probably not Ronon IMHO.
                        But from the start Elizabeth has had faith in him, stood by him in his darkest hour, stood up for him against powerful men on Earth, and just been there to be his friend when he most needs one. Conversely you could say the same thing about John in relation to her. Now who do you think is going to remain in his life whether as a friend or a lover or both? Hmmm?
                        sigpic

Comment

Speaking of assorted bimbos, has anyone else noticed that Elizabeth is the only woman in John's life over the last two years who has not deceived him? Chaya worked her little ancient spell on him. Teer
                          Spoiler:
                          used that story about him being the one to get in his pants, withheld all kinds of info that would have been helpful while keeping him as a love slave. OK only a slight exaggeration, but you get the idea. Mara wanted to use him as a stud. That stupid little wraith worshipper had her own agenda. Narina doesn't even count. Teyla has all sorts of secrets with Ronon. She even told him it's OK sometimes to disobey orders. Who do you think Shep will blame if that comes back to bite them? Probably not Ronon IMHO.
                          But from the start Elizabeth has had faith in him, stood by him in his darkest hour, stood up for him against powerful men on Earth, and just been there to be his friend when he most needs one. Conversely you could say the same thing about John in relation to her. Now who do you think is going to remain in his life whether as a friend or a lover or both? Hmmm?
                          Agreed. It's quite intriguing how they've worked that.

Comment

Speaking of assorted bimbos, has anyone else noticed that Elizabeth is the only woman in John's life over the last two years who has not deceived him?
                            Southern! I'm stunned at this astute observation! Are you implying that something as significant as a pair bond relationship could boil down to the bare roots of trust?

I'm shocked I tell ya. Simply shocked.

Man, did I wake up on the sarcastic side of the bed today or what? LOL
                            Great observation and so very, very true. People try so hard to make the male/female thing all about everything else but the things that are really, really, truly important. Trust is the NUMBER ONE cornerstone in building the foundation for all else. Without it, you have nothing but a house that will blow away in the merest of winds.

Elizabeth and John don't withhold from each other. They don't cheat or lie to each other. They don't one-up or show up the other. They don't backstab the other. They proverbially hold each other's hands and place their faith in each other and there is no greater love that can be shown than such unconditional faith. *insert no sarcasm here*

Comment

Southern! I'm stunned at this astute observation! Are you implying that something as significant as a pair bond relationship could boil down to the bare roots of trust?

I'm shocked I tell ya. Simply shocked.

Man, did I wake up on the sarcastic side of the bed today or what? LOL
                              Great observation and so very, very true. People try so hard to make the male/female thing all about everything else but the things that are really, really, truly important. Trust is the NUMBER ONE cornerstone in building the foundation for all else. Without it, you have nothing but a house that will blow away in the merest of winds.

Elizabeth and John don't withhold from each other. They don't cheat or lie to each other. They don't one-up or show up the other. They don't backstab the other. They proverbially hold each other's hands and place their faith in each other and there is no greater love that can be shown than such unconditional faith. *insert no sarcasm here*

I think I hear violins.
                              sigpic

Comment

Nah!, you've got it all wrong here, I think you're forgetting the cornerstone of romance
                                Spoiler:

Stickfightin'

'Cause nothin' says i love you like having your butt kicked .
                                Last edited by Luz; 20 March 2006, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X