Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mentalmichael
    Sorry I should've been clear. The story is called "Anything?". The grandkids story is definately *not* the kind of story I would describe as "dark and nasty"!
    nah its cool... i havent read that other one... i might stay away from it too while i am at it!!! ... thanks for the heads up!!!!
    ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Incidentally, has anyone been reading "anything?" by beaker bait over at fanfiction.net? That is seriously dark and nasty (I really mean it when I say dark, you don't want to read this stuff if you are squeamish or have issues reading about abuse) I know the show is taking a "darker" turn, but this goes to the last-season of angel level of darkness. Personally, I don't want the show to end up like this!
      I usually stay away from too dark fics. I definitely prefer something joyful.

Comment

Incidentally, has anyone been reading "anything?" by beaker bait over at fanfiction.net? That is seriously dark and nasty (I really mean it when I say dark, you don't want to read this stuff if you are squeamish or have issues reading about abuse) I know the show is taking a "darker" turn, but this goes to the last-season of angel level of darkness. Personally, I don't want the show to end up like this!
        Over hiatus, I wrote a fic called "Cleansing" which turned out very, very dark – basically, it took Elizabeth to her breaking point, by her own actions. Then we started getting things like Condemned, and information that Elizabeth would be taking a dark turn by the end of the season, and I was seriously freaked out.
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

speaking of fics... I'm looking for the one where Koyla is trying to get John to tell him EVERYTHING by torturing Elizabeth *omg I can't believe I want to read that!* . Last chapter I read it was electric shock *eek* But it's been awhile since I read it and lost all my bookmarks recently *sigh*. Can't find that fic. Anyone has a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
            speaking of fics... I'm looking for the one where Koyla is trying to get John to tell him EVERYTHING by torturing Elizabeth *omg I can't believe I want to read that!* . Last chapter I read it was electric shock *eek* But it's been awhile since I read it and lost all my bookmarks recently *sigh*. Can't find that fic. Anyone has a link?
            I suspect you're thinking of "Why now": http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2575188/1/

If not, read it anyway as it's quite good.
            Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

I suspect you're thinking of "Why now": http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2575188/1/

If not, read it anyway as it's quite good.
              YES!! Thankies thankies michael! green splats

and... how is that update for yours coming? *wink*

Comment

YES!! Thankies thankies michael! green splats

and... how is that update for yours coming? *wink*
                Ummm, not so well: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=7672 for the reason why!
                Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                  i am sooo glad that we all dont act our age!!!!

i love that pic btw!!!!!
                  That's what I like about forums is no one really cares how old you are. I think alot of the time I sound alot older than I am, and I've always wondered how old people think I am. It just always seems selfish to ask.

Then again, it kinda ruins it a little when you actually know everyone's ages.

More TLG:
                  Spoiler:
                  So the aliens that take over John Elizabeth are married, or at least that's what our Sparky pair think? And that's why it's called the Long Goodbye? Squeee! That's even better. If both were aware of that before hand, it has to mean something that they did it, instead of someone else. If they were under the impression that they would be carrying out a married couple's Last Goodbye, they couldn't honestly believe something like a kiss wouldn't happen. They could have easily picked two other people, and they wouldn't have done it themselves if they found the idea of kissing unsettling. Especially since you never know what risk something like transfering a conciousness could cause and they're two of the most important people in Atlantis.

I agree, if they had done this with Teyla, it would have pretty much shot down Sparky. But since it is Sparky, we've got some pretty good evidence to back us up now.

Though I've never met any of them, I have nothing against Sheyla shippers and don't enjoy bashing anyone for what they believe will happen romanticly in the show. But I do have to say, all I could think when I saw the kiss in Conversion was that John's hormones were seriously messed up, it didn't look right, and she didn't give much of a reaction. If she had liked it, I would think she would have smiled or something, even if she was surprised. And, though I'm not sure of my memory, wasn't it just after that when he kicked Elizabeth's window in? It was pretty much hormone induced, not something that could develop into a long term relationship. And just because my shippy mind won't let me not say it, maybe, just maybe he kicked the window in not just because he was mad at Elizabeth for not letting him go, but because he was mad at himself. I think that's stretching it a bit though.

I have never hated Teyla, not even for butting in on Sparky. What girl wouldn't be attracted to him. And I think in some ways, not only did TPTB expected there to be chemistry, but John as a character might have expected himself to be attracted to her. I also think Teyla sees him more as a friend now.

And this is the reason it takes so long for me to get my post count up because I say so much in one post.
                  Stargate Addicts - a podcast for the obsessive Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis fan
                  My new podcast with Merala Anewan, come check it out. It'll make us happy.

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

Lovely sig by Blue Banrigh, thanks again. As for Atlantis X-Treme, that came from my own loopy mind.

Comment

Originally posted by La'rosh
                    More TLG:
                    Spoiler:
                    So the aliens that take over John Elizabeth are married, or at least that's what our Sparky pair think? And that's why it's called the Long Goodbye? Squeee! That's even better. If both were aware of that before hand, it has to mean something that they did it, instead of someone else. If they were under the impression that they would be carrying out a married couple's Last Goodbye, they couldn't honestly believe something like a kiss wouldn't happen. They could have easily picked two other people, and they wouldn't have done it themselves if they found the idea of kissing unsettling. Especially since you never know what risk something like transfering a conciousness could cause and they're two of the most important people in Atlantis.
                    In TLG
                    Spoiler:
                    Phoebus and Thalan are not married, they're mortal enemies but Phoebus (the alien who takes over Elizabeth) fools everyone (including John) into thinking they were husband and wife, hence the kiss - she says "one last chance to say goodbye to my husband". It would be interesting to explore what possibly may have gone down between them in the past - they could have been lovers at one point and things turned bad. If anyone wants to write a fic about it, I'd love to read *hint, hint*...

Mentalmichael, I agree about "Anything" - it's really dark and disturbing and I was struggling to read it, especially the last two chapters. It's very well written but very haunting.
                    When there is a will, there is a way.

My LiveJournal (friends-only)
                    My fics

Sig by Trialia.

Comment

Originally posted by La'rosh
                      More TLG:
                      Spoiler:
                      So the aliens that take over John Elizabeth are married, or at least that's what our Sparky pair think? And that's why it's called the Long Goodbye? Squeee! That's even better. If both were aware of that before hand, it has to mean something that they did it, instead of someone else.
                      TLG
                      Spoiler:
                      I think there is still a smidge of doubt on whether they were married or not. I gather you haven't seen the eppy?, Phoebus takes over Weir's body from the beginning, and makes everyone believe that her and Thelan were married. But some people think the married thingy was a cover to trick Atlantis' people to allow for the take over, and some people believe they were really married and something went *very* wrong.
                      I think the later is quite possible, two people can get married, love eachother, and end up hating eachother's guts (my parents are a live example of this). Still i insist, it was quite significant that tptb chose Weir and Sheppard to do a "married" episode, even if they were not really married.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                        TLG
                        Spoiler:
                        I think there is still a smidge of doubt on whether they were married or not. I gather you haven't seen the eppy?, Phoebus takes over Weir's body from the beginning, and makes everyone believe that her and Thelan were married. But some people think the married thingy was a cover to trick Atlantis' people to allow for the take over, and some people believe they were really married and something went *very* wrong.
                        I think the later is quite possible, two people can get married, love eachother, and end up hating eachother's guts (my parents are a live example of this). Still i insist, it was quite significant that tptb chose Weir and Sheppard to do a "married" episode, even if they were not really married.
                        Spoiler:
                        No I haven't seen it, so I know some thing I say may a little off. Them not being married makes more sense, seeing as they're trying to kill each other. That doesn't really matter much as far as Sparky is concerned though, since John and Elizabeth are still at least partly under the impression that they were married.

Even if they didn't even think that they were married, I still like the whole plot of the episode. Two aliens taking over Sheppard and Weir and going around trying to shoot each other? Sounds like fun to me.

I think I'll try not to discuss the ep too much more before I see it. About 5 1/2 days to go.
                        Stargate Addicts - a podcast for the obsessive Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis fan
                        My new podcast with Merala Anewan, come check it out. It'll make us happy.

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

Lovely sig by Blue Banrigh, thanks again. As for Atlantis X-Treme, that came from my own loopy mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnstardust
                          In TLG
                          Spoiler:
                          Phoebus and Thalan are not married, they're mortal enemies but Phoebus (the alien who takes over Elizabeth) fools everyone (including John) into thinking they were husband and wife, hence the kiss - she says "one last chance to say goodbye to my husband". It would be interesting to explore what possibly may have gone down between them in the past - they could have been lovers at one point and things turned bad. If anyone wants to write a fic about it, I'd love to read *hint, hint*...
                          Spoiler:

I say Thallan loved Phoebus but she hated him
                          and I find it funny that TPTB went with the "married" thing. A wink possibly? Actually, the whole episode was a wink..obviously
                          hey.. it's Elizabeth kicking his arse for all the kirking he does and all the angst he puts her through! hehe *I wish*

Comment

Spoiler:

I say Thallan loved Phoebus but she hated him
                            and I find it funny that TPTB went with the "married" thing. A wink possibly? Actually, the whole episode was a wink..obviously
                            hey.. it's Elizabeth kicking his arse for all the kirking he does and all the angst he puts her through! hehe *I wish*
                            Nothing's impossible at this point about Thalan's feelings or lack of for Phoebus. Sadly, I think we'll never know. I suppose John and Liz could read Thalan and Phoebus's minds as well as they could read theirs but unless they decide to talk about it one day, like I said, we'll never know.[/SPOILER]

And allow me a fic rec with one of my fave ones nowadays: Behind those eyes by elemental-sparky.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                              Nothing's impossible at this point
                              Spoiler:
                              about Thalan's feelings or lack of for Phoebus. Sadly, I think we'll never know. I suppose John and Liz could read Thalan and Phoebus's minds as well as they could read theirs but unless they decide to talk about it one day, like I said, we'll never know.
                              Unfortunately tptb are bad with follow up, not just SGA's ptb, i mean in general. Huge things happen, and then in the next episode noone mentions it, it's as if nothing at all happened.
                              Actually i think SGA's tptb are a bit better in this regard, since there is some kind of continuity on Atlantis' episodes, we could do with more, but well, at least they try.

Comment

TLG is on these Friday! I can't wait! It sounds like a real good episode. I hope there is a lot of sparky moments.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Working...
                                X