Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
    *lol* I read it over at the JFT thread... remind me never to drink fizzy pop at the pc while reading. It ends up on the screen instead of in my mouth...

Yeah, she always makes me do this funny little soda-out-of-my-nose trick.
    sigpic

Comment

Guys! You must read this! A fic written by wonderful Finnstardust. It's absolutely amazing!
      Rating: PG-13
      Spoilers: None past early Season 2
      Disclaimer: I still don't own any of the characters or the show.
      Summary: When Elizabeth gets shot on an off-world negotiation, John is forced to face the thought of losing her.

Steadfast

leave your feedbacks here and LJ! and green Finnstardust!

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
        Guys! You must read this! A fic written by wonderful Finnstardust. It's absolutely amazing!
        Summary: When Elizabeth gets shot on an off-world negotiation, John is forced to face the thought of losing her.

Steadfast

I enjoyed it, but I did have one quibble. I don't think Lorne would refer to her as "Elizabeth".

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
          I enjoyed it, but I did have one quibble. I don't think Lorne would refer to her as "Elizabeth".
          Maybe not, but the fic is set before TLG and nothing that happened there, happened in the ep It's fiction

Comment

Steadfast

AWSOME FIC!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe not, but the fic is set before TLG and nothing that happened there, happened in the ep It's fiction
              What would TLG have to do with anything? I was referring to the fact that other than John and Rodney (and Carson?), Elizabeth isn't on a first-name basis with her subordinates. Doesn't Teyla even call her "Dr. Weir"?

Comment

He probably normally wouldn't but I think that maybe in this situation where he is shaken up by everything that happened and Elizabeth is fighting for her life, maybe that kind of a slip can be excused...And the slip in my writing as well?!

Or maybe Elizabeth has told Lorne to call her by her first name..He was leading the team that protected her after all. And it is, of course, only fiction.
                When there is a will, there is a way.

My LiveJournal (friends-only)
                My fics

Sig by Trialia.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnstardust
                  He probably normally wouldn't but I think that maybe in this situation where he is shaken up by everything that happened
                  If he were shaken up, I would think he would fall back to how he references her in his thoughts. In my opinion, Lorne thinks of her as "Dr. Weir", not "Elizabeth".

Originally posted by Finnstardust
                  Or maybe Elizabeth has told Lorne to call her by her first name. He was leading the team that protected her after all.
                  Given that Lorne was tasked with her safety, I would assume he would be concentrating on the mission and resistant to non-professional modes of thought.

I didn't mean to make a big deal out of this; it just struck me as incongruous. As I said, I enjoyed the story.

Comment

Finnstardust, you know my opinion, I loved it! Perfect!

Comment

If he were shaken up, I would think he would fall back to how he references her in his thoughts. In my opinion, Lorne thinks of her as "Dr. Weir", not "Elizabeth".

i think almost everyone on the base thinks of her as Elizabeth, she calls them by their first name, and has made an effort to get close to them, and they'r obviously all very fond of her (apart from kavanaugh, of course....). I think that although Lorne would maintain the proper chain of command in normal situations, in a traumatic moment, seeing the woman he is fond of and very friendly with, and probably spends a lot of time with in such dire straits might cuase him to forget military protocol and call her elizabeth.

greatfic, btw. loved evey moment of it.
                      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                        Finnstardust, you know my opinion, I loved it! Perfect!
                        Thank you!! *huggles* Glad you liked it.
                        When there is a will, there is a way.

My LiveJournal (friends-only)
                        My fics

Sig by Trialia.

Comment

Steadfast

I really liked it. Nothing like a bit of angst in the afternoon!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I found this:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59...elizabeth3.jpg
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                              I have this one saved on my computer. It's pretty. I think it was posted a few months ago on the community

Comment

OK people start recommending Shep/Weir music vids
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X