Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright...whatever.

Comment

So I've only watched Epiphany once. I really have to watch it the next day because I'm so tired by the time it airs and it's only 8. Yes,
      Spoiler:
      Teer was dull. Sheppard seemed to find her dull too. Their kiss I found strange. I know for him he's been there for a while, but I didn't think they did a good job of making me feel like there was a lot of time lapse or that he and Teer spent much time together. Teer asks him to sit with her. He sits on the floor with her rather reluctantly I thought. They talk about her visions then it's time to kiss. Just odd. I liked the comment from Liz about his beard.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
        I liked the comment from Liz about his beard. *squee* [/spoiler]
        She was so flirting with him!
        Spoiler:
        too bad John was mad at everyone. I hated how he sort of 'pulled back' when Lizzie went to help him get up and asked if he was okay. But I guess if I was angry at my bf, I would have done something similar as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
          She was so flirting with him!
          You know, I'm not one who usually looks for every little detail, but she was TOTALLY flirting with him; the voice, the eyes...she had that "I think you're hot" look.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            He was throwing things around the cave, and kept repeating about no one looking for him. My husband even blurted out "What a jerk!" once, and later, "What a spoiled brat.". Then in the village he seems quite ungrateful, almost rude, IMO. If we had ANY sort of backstory showing WHY he has issues like this, then it would be understandable.
            I think TPTB believe THAT was backstory. Aren't you just soooo intrigued?! Or maybe it was supposed to be funny. Ha. Ha. Not.
            Spoiler:

Just so many holes in the story. Dude, if I can think of ways to contact John. Frickin' Rodney can. ::irritates:: A note?

I thought Weir was a little OOC too. Can't quite put my finger on why.

I should have loved Shep in this ep. But there was NO internal stuggles at all. A scene with him, by himself, looking lost and alone or frustrated... I don't know... gimme something to work with here!

And, he was so flippant with the space-chick in the end. Jerk.

Oh and the neat & tidy ending? Hated it.

Oh man is the Tower next week?! Dang.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit
              You know, I'm not one who usually looks for every little detail, but she was TOTALLY flirting with him; the voice, the eyes...she had that "I think you're hot" look.
              Hm...I think so too. Even my mother, who never can sit through a whole episode, noticed that little comment Elizabeth made to John in the end. My mom was amused.
              ~Athena

Comment

I'm fairly certain that next week is Critical Mass (which I thought was really good, but fandom seems a bit divided on), then Grace Under Pressure (enjoyed this one too, despite the fact that I really disliked McKay through the first half of the season), and then The Tower. I'll probably find a reason not to be home that Friday night too.
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                  I'm fairly certain that next week is Critical Mass (which I thought was really good, but fandom seems a bit divided on), then Grace Under Pressure (enjoyed this one too, despite the fact that I really disliked McKay through the first half of the season), and then The Tower. I'll probably find a reason not to be home that Friday night too.
                  Yup. Mel is right.

Critical Mass is next week, then Grace Under Pressure, then the Tower.

Here is the link to Sci Fi's schedule if you're interested.

http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/ind...NTIS&x=200&y=9
                  ~Athena

Comment

Yea! For Critical Mass!
                    Spoiler:
                    Cadman, Calwell, Bully!Ronon

Comment

Hola! I've been lurking for years now and have only posted once or twice a long while back, but I've decided to come out into the sunlight just because I love this thread and the intelligent discussion I can always find here. Plus, the requisite love of Sparky. I came out of hiding just because I've been feeling a little defensive of John and wanted to ask you all if it has been stated somewhere that he actually slept with Chaya or Teer. They kissed, yes, but was it mentioned by a writer or something that either relationship went further? I merely ask because I honestly felt that John's fooling around with Chaya ended with the kiss and that John cared very little for Teer at all and was just feeling lonely. Though TPTB have given us little direct reason to believe so, I think that John would stop short of sleeping with a woman he didn't care for. Flirt or even make out, probably yes. But why do so many seem to believe that he slept with these women? Just curious.
                      As for the Tower, I haven't seen it yet, but since I know the original draft involved
                      Spoiler:
                      John sending the woman packing when she tried to seduce him, I'm inclined to believe that the ambiguity was just poorly devised deception by the writers and that John did as he was originally intended to do, which is send her away. I also don't believe for a minute that he'd lie to Elizabeth's face. He never has before and we have no reason to believe he'd start now.

Also, on a completely random note, has anyone noticed the black jacket Elizabeth wears in Coup D'etat? This is so silly, but I saw it and it just bugged me incessantly until I realized that it looks exactly like the black zipper-up shirt that John always wears if he's not wearing his T-shirt. Plus, he's the only character I've ever seen wear it, so I was just looking at the screencaps and I randomly thought, "hmmm . . . Elizabeth's wearing John's shirt . . . did I miss an ep somewhere?" It's a stupid observation, but I simply had to point it out.

I sum up my ramble with a belated congratulations on reaching 1,000 pages and 20,000 posts. I love this thread and have been reading since the beginning. At first, I have to admit that I was a little squeamish about Sparky, but then I read a fic whose name I absolutely can't remember and will go in search of, but I know it involved John waking up to see Elizabeth working on her PDA and him snapping her underwear to get her attention. For some reason, the fic just opened my eyes to the whole ship. Strange . . .
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice little fic for your reading pleasure!

http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...ry.php?sid=446

Comment

RoryJ: This is so silly, but I saw it and it just bugged me incessantly until I realized that it looks exactly like the black zipper-up shirt that John always wears if he's not wearing his T-shirt. Plus, he's the only character I've ever seen wear it, so I was just looking at the screencaps and I randomly thought, "hmmm . . . Elizabeth's wearing John's shirt . . . did I miss an ep somewhere?" It's a stupid observation, but I simply had to point it out.
                          Silly?!?!?!? Are you kidding me? You just made my shippy lil heart dance like a thousand hamsters under a microscope culture!!!!

I'm not to sure about the sleeping w/the GFOW... I'll leave that answering to those who've seen the second series.

OU, but I read this awesome fic... which you all have prolly read already, it's on Wraithbait called 'Two Days' UBER GOOD... Liz gets tortured and John saves her... YAY!
                          ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

I don't think that John has slept with any of these 'alien princesses', but I think the thing that bugs me is the type of guy Sheppard is coming across as lately. He seems a bit like a teenage boy who wants to make out with all the pretty ladies. I was pretty upset that John made out with Teer because he seemed to not be interested in her at all. Then, one little conversation with her and they're kissing. The next woman was from The Tower and that one upset me more.
                            Spoiler:
                            The woman comes into his room and starts making out with him and he doesn't push her away. He recipricates. Of course, he eventually stops her, but still.
                            Now, I'm not saying he's an unprofessional guy, but when it comes to women, he certainly seems it. He can't just say no.
                            http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
                            Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny
                              Silly?!?!?!? Are you kidding me? You just made my shippy lil heart dance like a thousand hamsters under a microscope culture!!!!

I'm not to sure about the sleeping w/the GFOW... I'll leave that answering to those who've seen the second series.

OU, but I read this awesome fic... which you all have prolly read already, it's on Wraithbait called 'Two Days' UBER GOOD... Liz gets tortured and John saves her... YAY!
                              See, this is why we like Newbies so much! Always great observations we've missed. The idea of Elizabeth in John's shirt (okay, so the shirt's probably too small to be his, but the idea is cute!!)
                              There is an Elizabeth in John's t-shirt fic out there, but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called.
                              Another clothing fic that's cute, by our very own FinnStarDust (who needs to drop by more often! Stop studying so hard and come and play!!)
                              http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...ry.php?sid=446

Comment

It's good to see you delurk again Rory! so Welcome!

Originally posted by RoryJ
                                I came out of hiding just because I've been feeling a little defensive of John and wanted to ask you all if it has been stated somewhere that he actually slept with Chaya or Teer. They kissed, yes, but was it mentioned by a writer or something that either relationship went further?
                                The way the episodes are edited, they pretty much leave it up to the viewer. [spoiler] I personally, don't think he slept with Chaya or Mara (from Tower). As for Teer, it's possible he did, since he has gotten to know her over the six months he's been there. So I see that affair as possible...

But there have been no definate indications set in stone saying "John has/has not slept with this Girlfriend of the Week. "

As for Mara, in "the Tower" IMO he didn't sleep with her and I've written my whole reason somewhere. I just need to post it up. And like you said the original draft stated he sent the girl packing when he realized her true intent. But for some reason the line that clearly stated this was cute in the editing room. But I personally thought that the little balcony scene at the end with Elizabeth was an alternate to say that he didn't sleep with Mara even though he could have. Hence, the whole "turning down the girl" bit. [/spoilers]

This is just want I think when it comes to that issue, but different people see different things. And the TPTB are evil and like to leave lots of room for different intepretations to our dismay.

Also, on a completely random note, has anyone noticed the black jacket Elizabeth wears in Coup D'etat? This is so silly, but I saw it and it just bugged me incessantly until I realized that it looks exactly like the black zipper-up shirt that John always wears if he's not wearing his T-shirt. Plus, he's the only character I've ever seen wear it, so I was just looking at the screencaps and I randomly thought, "hmmm . . . Elizabeth's wearing John's shirt . . . did I miss an ep somewhere?" It's a stupid observation, but I simply had to point it out.
                                I don't think John'n zip up shirt is a jacket. I can see how it looks similar because of the collar and the sleeves. But I know Elizabeth has the same or at least similar zip up shirt, only in red.

In comparison to the Coup D'etat jacket.

Just throwing in more pictures just for fun of it.

~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X